G2010...How is the 2021 season going?

It's not two at the top. It's Solar all alone until somebody can beat them.

Congratulations on the new job. Hope it works out well for you.

solar is no longer number 1. The Solar team that came to Surf was a combination of Solar Colvin and Solar Grado. They call themselves Solar Ultra X. So technically it’s a team made of the top 2 teams in Texas. That’s why Solar is no longer number 1

solar is no longer number 1. The Solar team that came to Surf was a combination of Solar Colvin and Solar Grado. They call themselves Solar Ultra X. So technically it’s a team made of the top 2 teams in Texas. That’s why Solar is no longer number 1
Combo super team? One of my dd old teams did that a few times and kicked ass as a "combo" team. I think that team would have been #1 in socal if we played together all the time. This way back in 2014.

What's interesting about both Surf and Blues G2010 is that neither team has overly big players. They just play very consistently applying pressure at different angles until something that works.

My guess is to create this environment you need a very good coach that knows what works to win + demands it from players and a network of private coaches that sync with the team coaches methodologies. (Also a heathy fear of being cut in the parents)

It's amazing how much a good coach can make a difference in the number of wins.

The teams that have size now are Slammers and Eagles. Slammers PA being the biggest, toughest and with tons of speed. Eagles have size but lack
elite speed. Size and speed matter especially in girls soccer. Surf and Blues lack size but they both have speed and technique. From what I’ve seen. Surf is best at building out the back and love to play the switch. Blues back line not quite there in building out with confidence as Surf’s back line does. Both teams have good forwards. Slight advantage to Surf. Both teams have good midfielders. Slight advantage to Blues.

Wow, Blues always had big players. I guess from what I'm hearing around the soccer circles is that Blues is playing the best possession soccer out there, even better then Deza Surf. My dd grew up in the Blues system and it wasn't uncommon for the backs to skip the mids and kick over the top and let one of the fast goats chase down an a opportunity to score on the direct pass. And it wasn;t uncommon for a a player or two or three to get cut or take their talents somewhere else where they can start and be the girl. Amy Rodriguez got cut by Tad, no joke. That's what I heard. She went to the Eclipse and did really well.

The good ole Baker boy days are over I guess. New generations of players. Clubs must adapt to the new changes and keep things evolving. I heard Blues started their own futsal program for the little ones. Maybe they are doing this to create better technical players from the get go. I heard Surf also has a pilot futsal program in the works. Slammers have their own track program. Still very focused on speed. Who will win in the long haul? We’ll have to see in a few years.

The teams that have size now are Slammers and Eagles. Slammers PA being the biggest, toughest and with tons of speed. Eagles have size but lack
elite speed. Size and speed matter especially in girls soccer. Surf and Blues lack size but they both have speed and technique. From what I’ve seen. Surf is best at building out the back and love to play the switch. Blues back line not quite there in building out with confidence as Surf’s back line does. Both teams have good forwards. Slight advantage to Surf. Both teams have good midfielders. Slight advantage to Blues.
What is the head to head on these top teams this year? Deza is #1 playing from the back and I forgot about his rules. When my dd played his top Earthquakes Team back in late 2017, GK did not punt the ball. I like that style. My dd is way too small to go after those long balls. It's safer and funner for the girls to work from the back or have GK throw one over the defenders. Either way, I think punts should be banned. Luis, who is better this year? It says Blues #2 and Soccer Spoiler is saying Surf plays better from the back. Great stuff you guys and its awesome to see the game changing at the youngers. No more kickball....

What is the head to head on these top teams this year? Deza is #1 playing from the back and I forgot about his rules. When my dd played his top Earthquakes Team back in late 2017, GK did not punt the ball. I like that style. My dd is way too small to go after those long balls. It's safer and funner for the girls to work from the back or have GK throw one over the defenders. Either way, I think punts should be banned. Luis, who is better this year? It says Blues #2 and Soccer Spoiler is saying Surf plays better from the back. Great stuff you guys and its awesome to see the game changing at the youngers. No more kickball....

Based on the last 3 confrontations. 2 wins for Blues and 1 draw. But games have been close. I still favor Surf. Still my favorite possession team from So Cal.
Next season is a brand new season and anything can happen especially with new recruits.
A54AADD6-2FC3-4F37-9070-7437503EE4CF.jpeg98F9DF10-E4AE-4ED8-B080-211226302B73.jpeg0371E9BD-7030-46E5-9C43-853832C417DF.jpeg

No thanks @crush. My posting days are over. Just because I stopped by to say Hi it does not mean I will continue posting on this forum. My focus is my daughter and she is in good hands with a great coach under the best girls club in the state. Not gonna jeopardize it so dont push it. Glad to see everyone is still lurking around. :DI just stop by to say hi and wish everyone a merry Christmas. I’ll check in again next year. When it comes to surf and Blues playing it’s a coin toss. Anyone of them can win just depends who wants it more that day:
Good Bye my friends…

Last edited:
No thanks @crush. My posting days are over. Just because I stopped by to say Hi it does not mean I will continue posting on this forum. My focus is my daughter and she is in good hands with a great coach under the best girls club in the state. Not gonna jeopardize it so dont push it. Glad to see everyone is still lurking around. :DI just stop by to say hi and wish everyone a merry Christmas. I’ll check in again next year. When it comes to surf and Blues playing it’s a coin toss. Anyone of them can win just depends who wants it more that day:
Good Bye my friends…
Ok, thanks for stopping by. It's great to hear all is well. I will say my dd Blues team never lost to Surf.....lol. Merry Christmas

What's interesting about both Surf and Blues G2010 is that neither team has overly big players. They just play very consistently applying pressure at different angles until something that works.

My guess is to create this environment you need a very good coach that knows what works to win + demands it from players and a network of private coaches that sync with the team coaches methodologies. (Also a heathy fear of being cut in the parents)

It's amazing how much a good coach can make a difference in the number of wins.

I was told that the secret sauce at Blues is futsal. A lot of the young teams play on the same futsal team and obviously same club team. I would think of this as a cohort. No doubt there is a ton of talent on the field and the coaches are great. But futsal is a major component. Takes a huge time commitment. I'd assume playing basically on 2 teams and traveling about 5-6 times a week for practice/games to keep up with that demand.

I'd ask if you guys think player or parent burnout will happen to a certain percentage of these girls in another year or 2? Injuries as well as they are getting older.

I was told that the secret sauce at Blues is futsal. A lot of the young teams play on the same futsal team and obviously same club team. I would think of this as a cohort. No doubt there is a ton of talent on the field and the coaches are great. But futsal is a major component. Takes a huge time commitment. I'd assume playing basically on 2 teams and traveling about 5-6 times a week for practice/games to keep up with that demand.

I'd ask if you guys think player or parent burnout will happen to a certain percentage of these girls in another year or 2? Injuries as well as they are getting older.
Futsal when played correctly is less contact than field soccer.

For youngers Futsal is amazing for learning skills. As they get older Futsal can get more dangerous because players are more powerful but this is where a ref is supposed to control the action.

I think you hit the nail on the head. Futsal is perfect for young children’s soccer development. Teaches them to think fast, share the ball and work in tight spaces. Both Blues and surf 2010 teams play futsal. And maybe this is why they are currently ahead of the pack. Well we can say that the surf team was always special. The young sdsc team from 2018 was special from inception and they had always posses the ball better than any other team in the age group. The Blues team is not the same as the old Blues team and they seem to have followed the same path as the surf players with futsal. Just think about how many more touches these kids are getting with futsal that others don’t get with just soccer. More time on the ball equals faster development.

Good Bye my friends…

The best girls club in the state??? When it come to youngers, I’d have to agree. But you can’t ignore the fact that Slammers has won two ECNL club championships in a row, and 4 of the last 9. I know the Blues are nearly unbeatable at the 11’s, 12’s and 13’s so maybe this 2010 team will be the first of a few that ushers in Blues dominance. But for now, it’s still Slammers.

I think you hit the nail on the head. Futsal is perfect for young children’s soccer development. Teaches them to think fast, share the ball and work in tight spaces. Both Blues and surf 2010 teams play futsal. And maybe this is why they are currently ahead of the pack. Well we can say that the surf team was always special. The young sdsc team from 2018 was special from inception and they had always posses the ball better than any other team in the age group. The Blues team is not the same as the old Blues team and they seem to have followed the same path as the surf players with futsal. Just think about how many more touches these kids are getting with futsal that others don’t get with just soccer. More time on the ball equals faster development.

For younger age, I agree that Futsal will help kids to think and react fast. But in older age, Futsal may not work. I have seen really good Futsal players struggling in soccer, as they are stuck playing in that small space, keeping possession but not able to look past the 20 yards space. My son's team has a kid that is phenomenal Futsal player, he was in ODP but not able to progress to MLS Next teams as his view is stuck in the small space, keep trying to dribbling around and not passing the ball.

You can smell the burn out in this thread

You can smell the burn out in this thread
Christmas week. No games. And ‘most everyone already knows about futsal.

Might get interesting as State Cup gets closer. Or if everyone goes to ECNL AZ. So far, Eagles, MVLA, Heat, and PDA are going.

Will be interesting to see how many of these kids actually last playing playing until they age out. Only ones who will remember success at this age will be the same ones dragging their kids all over town for another practice. Burn out and injury's around the corner because that type of demanding schedule leaves no time for the body to rest and recover. Throw 6 hours of school plus home work into the equation and its a recipe for failure. This goes with out even talking about finding time for for injury prevention training and 8-10 hours of sleep each night!!!

Sports are a marathon not a sprint.

Will be interesting to see how many of these kids actually last playing playing until they age out. Only ones who will remember success at this age will be the same ones dragging their kids all over town for another practice. Burn out and injury's around the corner because that type of demanding schedule leaves no time for the body to rest and recover. Throw 6 hours of school plus home work into the equation and its a recipe for failure. This goes with out even talking about finding time for for injury prevention training and 8-10 hours of sleep each night!!!

Sports are a marathon not a sprint.
Full time job brother, even if half or all it is paid for. Looking back the last 11 years and i can see the burn out, injuries, no rest, mid terms and finals, travel and rest. Crazy how were teaching the great game of soccer.

Full time job brother, even if half or all it is paid for. Looking back the last 11 years and i can see the burn out, injuries, no rest, mid terms and finals, travel and rest. Crazy how were teaching the great game of soccer.
So, the moral of the story is to know your child and to manage your child. When you sense they need a break, take a break. Watch for overuse injuries and have a second sport that is pure play and not competitive. We are at the point where a lot of parents played the game and should know these things either by experience or by reading and other peoples experience. The problem of child burnout is a symptom of a bigger problem, that of parents desire for the thrill of victory (which is addictive, I know) and clear vision of how to make soccer both joyful and sustainable. That is how you maximize your kids potential and enjoyment.

So, the moral of the story is to know your child and to manage your child. When you sense they need a break, take a break. Watch for overuse injuries and have a second sport that is pure play and not competitive. We are at the point where a lot of parents played the game and should know these things either by experience or by reading and other peoples experience. The problem of child burnout is a symptom of a bigger problem, that of parents desire for the thrill of victory (which is addictive, I know) and clear vision of how to make soccer both joyful and sustainable. That is how you maximize your kids potential and enjoyment.
The victory for many parents is for the kid to go to college and play soccer. Victory is nice u13 and under. The last three years was a big mess caused by a few who wanted the spot light and all the glory. I will add its new year and time to put the water under the bridge once and for all :)

Last edited:
Back