G2010...how’s the season going 2019?

I'll help out...
"Unfortunately there is just one of my DD and she can't be everywhere on the field. Similar to our loss yesterday (and every game, for that matter) she was once again the best player on the pitch by far and won all of her 1v1 battles (of course). I plan to review the game film with her immediately and more importantly will strongly encourage the other girls on the team to try and pay for some extra practice this week so that they don't embarrass me again. "

Now all the shit talkers woke up huh

Not shit talking. Just the reality of things. When its trophy time Blues will drive it down your throat. It takes the opposing team to collectively play hard and strong the whole game to hold them off, and even then it's no guarantee. I'd wager #10 scored at least 3 of the 5, or they came off her kicks and throw ins. They just know how to punch you in the nose.

It is the way.

I'll help out...
"Unfortunately there is just one of my DD and she can't be everywhere on the field. Similar to our loss yesterday (and every game, for that matter) she was once again the best player on the pitch by far and won all of her 1v1 battles (of course). I plan to review the game film with her immediately and more importantly will strongly encourage the other girls on the team to try and pay for some extra practice this week so that they don't embarrass me again. "
Hahahahahhahaha hahahahaha hilarious. I want your commentary every game.

Not shit talking. Just the reality of things. When its trophy time Blues will drive it down your throat. It takes the opposing team to collectively play hard and strong the whole game to hold them off, and even then it's no guarantee. I'd wager #10 scored at least 3 of the 5, or they came off her kicks and throw ins. They just know how to punch you in the nose.

It is the way.
Blues never, ever let the foot off the pedal unless 8-0. So 5-0 means you had their respect. 8-0 they can't score anymore. My dd was on the wrong side of loses to Blues many times. They recruit a certain type of athlete and make them into soccer beast. I love their program :)

Now all the shit talkers woke up huh

Live by the sword, die by the sword.

You aren’t doing your DD any favors calling her the best player in SoCal in her age group and labeling her a goat at 9.

Let me tell you a story. When my Dwas about this age, maybe a bit older, her team went to Valencia to play in a tourney. We had been State Cup semifinalists the month or 2 prior and had added some new talent so we expected to do pretty well and coast to the final. In our second game, we played FC Valencia and figured we would win handily. Once the game started, there was a player on the other team that tore us to shreds, scoring 6 goals and assisting on 2. She didn’t even play the whole game. When she was off, we managed to put in 4 goals, so we lost 8-4. We found out later that this player was guesting cause she lived in the area and wanted to play a few games with her friends. Her name was OM. The best player in her ages group in SoCal.

if your DD warrants this label, she should have a similar impact in every game she plays.

Nobody should revel in a team getting beaten or have I’ll will towards a talented 9 year old. Just tone it down a notch.

I think the advice is simply to just let them be 9. Some games are good (and don't come on here saying somebody is the best player in the country) and some games are not (and don't come on here blaming teammates or considering making her quit or threatening to change clubs).
Zoom out a little. These tournaments are meaningless. Just freaking relax and try and enjoy the ride.

Live by the sword, die by the sword.

You aren’t doing your DD any favors calling her the best player in SoCal in her age group and labeling her a goat at 9.

Let me tell you a story. When my Dwas about this age, maybe a bit older, her team went to Valencia to play in a tourney. We had been State Cup semifinalists the month or 2 prior and had added some new talent so we expected to do pretty well and coast to the final. In our second game, we played FC Valencia and figured we would win handily. Once the game started, there was a player on the other team that tore us to shreds, scoring 6 goals and assisting on 2. She didn’t even play the whole game. When she was off, we managed to put in 4 goals, so we lost 8-4. We found out later that this player was guesting cause she lived in the area and wanted to play a few games with her friends. Her name was OM. The best player in her ages group in SoCal.

if your DD warrants this label, she should have a similar impact in every game she plays.

Nobody should revel in a team getting beaten or have I’ll will towards a talented 9 year old. Just tone it down a notch.
I have to step in here bro. My dd played against the great Om every week for two years. She has the ball 95% of the time and shoots all the time. #2 would be passing to her for all the goals. Magic Johnson comes to mind when I see #2 play. I true distributer of the rock. OM, no way Jose. She's more like James Harden. OM kept the ball and wanted the shot from what I saw a few years back. No fun for others in possession style soccer Maybe she passes more now with all the older ladies.

So what are you trying to say. Do you guys think we should go try out for the Blues. Inspire of her bad performance today. You think they would be willing to take her? I’m just not sure anymore. Maybe she does not have what it takes

Would highly advise against taking advice from newwavedave. A cautionary tale for the path you are on. You really don't want to end up that bitter and angry in six years.

So what are you trying to say. Do you guys think we should go try out for the Blues. Inspire of her bad performance today. You think they would be willing to take her? I’m just not sure anymore. Maybe she does not have what it takes

She’s 9... A dad and I used to joke before games that the outcome depended on who pooped that morning prior to the game. Just relax and have fun watching her play.

Like I said before @Luis Andres, stay local and play local. Build a winner with Ole. All you need to do is recruit a few more goats and get everyone on board with the same training program you have for your dd, one hour a day. That's nothing at that age. Give it two more years. I like what I saw. Surf and Blues will be the top dogs. Ole will always have a battle as the underdogs.

Alright. I’m just messing with you all wanted you guys to have your 20 minutes of glory. Blues played a great game. No doubt they are the better team. Ole had a slow start. But adjusted and played better later. The Blues game my DD the MVP of the game award. I’ll just leave it a that.

TOC has a long tradition of losing team getting MVP. Doesn’t necessarily mean she was best on the field, just best on her team. Obviously in a 5-0 game she was not the best player out there. I saw the game before running over to my older kid’s game... he also got MVP, so the game didn’t go well. Please post a video of Blues 1st goal and tell me whose fault it was. It set the tone for the entire game.

P
Good showing and was pulling for your team against Cruz’s team. You got them next time. Most teams get better. Cruz’s team is the opposite.
Thanks, they played well and battled hard but came up just short in pks. Proud of all the girls on both sides it was a battle and fun to watch.

Alright. I’m just messing with you all wanted you guys to have your 20 minutes of glory. Blues played a great game. No doubt they are the better team. Ole had a slow start. But adjusted and played better later. The Blues game my DD the MVP of the game award. I’ll just leave it a that.
Another game of 4d chess well played

It’s just one game can’t get so high or so low they are so young and have many years ahead of them to grow and get better. I know it’s easier said than done at times but a lot girls will walk away and other girls will blossom out of nowhere. I’m hard on my daughter probably like a lot of us but I think they need to be held accountable because of the commitment we make as parents but they also need to be encouraged and confident. That’s my daughters biggest thing is her confidence. She has the skill and ability but isn’t always confident. Tell your daughter your proud of her and what she did well and ask her a guided question about what she didn’t. We all on here obviously care about the game and it would be a shame if our daughters decided to walk away.

It’s just one game can’t get so high or so low they are so young and have many years ahead of them to grow and get better. I know it’s easier said than done at times but a lot girls will walk away and other girls will blossom out of nowhere. I’m hard on my daughter probably like a lot of us but I think they need to be held accountable because of the commitment we make as parents but they also need to be encouraged and confident. That’s my daughters biggest thing is her confidence. She has the skill and ability but isn’t always confident. Tell your daughter your proud of her and what she did well and ask her a guided question about what she didn’t. We all on here obviously care about the game and it would be a shame if our daughters decided to walk away.
Great advice bro. I was cruising around the Great Park after some hoops today and as I was walking to the fields I couldn't but overhear PaPa bear giving it to his little girl on the way to the car, "you need to try harder" "What was that!!!" Yikes!!! Also, parents were tough on some refs. One dad was going cray, cray on some old lady ref. I always tell my goat how proud I am of her and her effort after all the games she plays. I just love watching her play and that's the honest truth. I was only bitter for 18 months btw, not for six years. Not no bitter no more I say with a happy face and smile :) I also saw one dad give his goat a big hug after a loss and told her to get them next time. Softball dad coach was going crazy today. I thought soccer parents were crazy. I saw one game where a goat softball player missed a fly ball and because of that three runs scored and the other team won and the other team is going home. Poor girl. Youth sports is ruff.

Back