G2010...how’s the season going 2019?

Even the best professional players in the world make mistakes at times but what makes them great is that they always find a way to step up to the moment, recover and don’t let it get to them. They step up for the big games and they do their job. I haven’t analyzed the film yet but if it was her fault it’s ok. She’s played so clean and stopped so many balls game after game after game for such a consecutive streak that I can’t hold that against her. It would be wrong of me. She gets a pass. She finished strong and that’s all that matters.
That's a humble response Luis :)

Great advice bro. I was cruising around the Great Park after some hoops today and as I was walking to the fields I couldn't but overhear PaPa bear giving it to his little girl on the way to the car, "you need to try harder" "What was that!!!" Yikes!!! Also, parents were tough on some refs. One dad was going cray, cray on some old lady ref. I always tell my goat how proud I am of her and her effort after all the games she plays. I just love watching her play and that's the honest truth. I was only bitter for 18 months btw, not for six years. Not no bitter no more I say with a happy face and smile :) I also saw one dad give his goat a big hug after a loss and told her to get them next time. Softball dad coach was going crazy today. I thought soccer parents were crazy. I saw one game where a goat softball player missed a fly ball and because of that three runs scored and the other team won and the other team is going home. Poor girl. Youth sports is ruff.
Haha yeah it is

I agree maybe you should teach that to @SoccerFan6
If you dish it out like you have you must expect soccer fans will dish it back. They will look to stick your face in it but they can only do that when your goat makes a mistake. When I went today I only expected to see the following: #1, Ganas #2 Fun, #3, Make other better around her and #4 Good teammate. Congrats Luis. I saw all 4 today regardless of the win. If RR gave MVP(edit: Players voted for the MVP of the game) to the great #2 their is only one reason why. Great job.

Last edited:
fair enough. And yes it was her mistake.

I reviewed the film last night. There was a fight for the ball near the box of our goal she had the ball ready to dribble out. 3 Blues players around her 2 in the front and 1 in the back. #2 from the Blues sneaks up behind her pops the ball out and #20 on our team taps it and hits the ref on the leg inside our box. Ref stops the game and resets the play by giving ball back to us. See picture

Now this is where the issue happens. Normally she is always seen taking the ball out the back and she is in a an isolated 1v1 situation and has had great success getting by any player out the back. But this time she had 2 players. In front and behind her. The right thing here in my opinion would have been to launch the ball play the kick ball game. But because of this specific situation she said she had gotten confused and thought she had to dribble herself out of this because ball hit refs leg. She made a bad choice trying to dribble out of that tight situation. Blues player cut her path up her angle of dribble and the one from the back added the pressure from the double team. Ball gets popped. #2 from the Blues is the only player to react to the play and runs to ball and kicks it in. While the rest of everyone else watches the play in awe. Great job #2 on the Blues for being the only player on both teams to react to that lose ball and go for it.

A lot of things went wrong for us in that “Finals” game from the mental preparation of the game to then starting the 1st 10 minutes of game in La La land. Why Because all the parents decided to have their holiday gift exchange party right before the finals of the game. You know if I was there I would have been the first to say hell no. This is focus time not play time... That made me mad. And I’m sure maybe some of you can see some of my frustrations. Why would anyone approve such a bone head move. Right before a finals? Really???? WTF wait til the tournament is done first. Then have the party. This play after the first 3 minutes changed the whole dynamics of the next 7 minutes and you don’t have to tell that I’m not a coach to realize this.

View attachment 6023
I agree...I hate holiday gift exchanges as well.

Have you thought about packing up your belongs, driving south on the 5, and playing for the Gaffer?

It's kind of a Kevin Durant type move, but they're only nine, so I'm pretty sure this move will fly under the radar of Stephan A. Smith for critique.

Have you thought about packing up your belongs, driving south on the 5, and playing for the Gaffer?

It's kind of a Kevin Durant type move, but they're only nine, so I'm pretty sure this move will fly under the radar of Stephan A. Smith for critique.
The Gaffer is the best and haters are going to hate. Take the Blue pill @Luis Andres

I reviewed the film last night. There was a fight for the ball near the box of our goal she had the ball ready to dribble out. 3 Blues players around her 2 in the front and 1 in the back. #2 from the Blues sneaks up behind her pops the ball out and #20 on our team taps it and hits the ref on the leg inside our box. Ref stops the game and resets the play by giving ball back to us. See picture

Now this is where the issue happens. Normally she is always seen taking the ball out the back and she is in a an isolated 1v1 situation and has had great success getting by any player out the back. But this time she had 2 players. In front and behind her. The right thing here in my opinion would have been to launch the ball play the kick ball game. But because of this specific situation she said she had gotten confused and thought she had to dribble herself out of this because ball hit refs leg. She made a bad choice trying to dribble out of that tight situation. Blues player cut her path up her angle of dribble and the one from the back added the pressure from the double team. Ball gets popped. #2 from the Blues is the only player to react to the play and runs to ball and kicks it in. While the rest of everyone else watches the play in awe. Great job #2 on the Blues for being the only player on both teams to react to that lose ball and go for it.

A lot of things went wrong for us in that “Finals” game from the mental preparation of the game to then starting the 1st 10 minutes of game in La La land. Why Because all the parents decided to have their holiday gift exchange party right before the finals of the game. You know if I was there I would have been the first to say hell no. This is focus time not play time... That made me mad. And I’m sure maybe some of you can see some of my frustrations. Why would anyone approve such a bone head move. Right before a finals? Really???? WTF wait til the tournament is done first. Then have the party.View attachment 6023
I see impro

You cannot have a xmas party in-between TOC Championship game. Some Mama Bear was in charge of that decision. Blues saw the opening and went for the kill.

A lot of things went wrong for us in that “Finals” game from the mental preparation of the game to then starting the 1st 10 minutes of game in La La land. Why Because all the parents decided to have their holiday gift exchange party right before the finals of the game. You know if I was there I would have been the first to say hell no. This is focus time not play time... That made me mad. And I’m sure maybe some of you can see some of my frustrations. Why would anyone approve such a bone head move. Right before a finals? Really???? WTF wait til the tournament is done first. Then have the party. This play after the first 3 minutes changed the whole dynamics of the next 7 minutes and you don’t have to tell that I’m not a coach to realize this.

View attachment 6023

Luis, your daughter is a great player. I was watching her closely and she more than held her own against the most impressive collection of talent and athletes in the age group. I pointed out the one mistake because I was honestly curious if you could admit she was less than perfect. You did, so props to you. The thing about defense is if you play a great game and make one mistake you’re the villain. If you’re striker and play a horrible game with one moment of greatness you can be the hero. Life is unforgiving in the back.

I wasn’t at the game. I was watching it at home with the live camera. So I found out later when my wife told me. She was not for it but the Evelyns and the rest of them thought it was fine because after the game they did not want to deal with it because they had other things to do. Like some girls parents missing the first game because they had other things to do and decided to miss the first game on Saturday.

If I was at the game do you guys think I would have allowed them to have this little party right before the finals game? And for the coach to be even ok with this is what I’m most puzzled about.

Does anyone honestly think that 9 year olds exchanging gifts 30 minutes before a game will affect their performance? Did they all get donuts and eat them right before the game?

We have a tough draw for state cup. there are 4 teams in our group. Only 1 team advances from that group? or is it possible for 2 teams to make it into the following weekend?

Does anyone honestly think that 9 year olds exchanging gifts 30 minutes before a game will affect their performance? Did they all get donuts and eat them right before the game?

I do not know the exact details but will find out if there was donuts or anything like that. But being a finals I would have thought they could wait until after because it’s a distraction.

BB5CA33D-6B79-4E65-AC2C-93C416693978.jpeg

I do not know the exact details but will find out if there was donuts or anything like that. But being a finals I would have thought they could wait until after because it’s a distraction.

"but will find out if there was donuts or anything like that."

Luis, your passion for the game is unrivaled.
View attachment 6025

Lasts tournaments before state cup..what are your DDs playing next?

Albion, Carlsbad, Pats JR, Eagles Classic, Silverlakes winter cup, President cup, Murrieta

Back