Espola's newest neighborhood

I got back on the Trolley again today for the first time in months. I was headed from El Cajon to Fenton Parkway on the Green Line since I have changed my favored library from RB to Mission Valley after we moved to the mountains (well, it's a canyon actually, among the mountains). There was almost no one on the train, so it was easy to keep socially distanced. And I got to see some of the demolition work up close at the Stadium (the trolley still stops there, but I can't figure out why). They are digging up the pavement on the west side of the parking lot and grinding it up for construction material. The main body of the structure appears to be untouched so far. The rugby fields down by the river are being used as employee parking, it appears - I hadn't thought about that loss of playing fields.

espola what do you think about having a Off Topic section where politics are not allowed?

Toyota Quality
Hiking
Seahawks
Dodgers
Canon 60D
granite or Quartz
Cars
That weird bridge over the 15
CPU/RAM
Aerosmith
Wang Chung
Best Thai in SD
Lakers
Tile or carpet
Samsung or Apple
Bitcoin
JL audio
E85
Cancun or Hawaii
evict tenants
Marines are under the dept of the Navy
F-18 or F-15
hotel coronado
Silverado or 4runner
are electric cars becoming the norm
Adidas Boost
Housing market will...

Just a few things that come to mind. Are you familiar with any of them?

espola what do you think about having a Off Topic section where politics are not allowed?

Toyota Quality
Hiking
Seahawks
Dodgers
Canon 60D
granite or Quartz
Cars
CPU/RAM
Aerosmith
Wang Chung
Best Thai in SD
Lakers
Tile or carpet
Samsung or Apple
Bitcoin
JL audio
E85
Cancun or Hawaii
evict tenants
F-18 or F-15
hotel coronado
Silverado or 4runner
Adidas Boost
Housing market will...

Some of those I could write about. I don't know how you would keep politics out of "evict tenants" or "housing market will..."

Those are just topics I had on the top of my head, I would probably only post a few. Just giving you an idea of a possible new Off Topic.

Toyota Quality
Hiking
Seahawks
Dodgers
Canon 60D
granite or Quartz
Cars
CPU/RAM
Aerosmith
Wang Chung
Best Thai in SD
Lakers
Tile or carpet
Samsung or Apple
Bitcoin
JL audio
E85
Cancun or Hawaii
evict tenants
F-18 or F-15
hotel coronado
Silverado or 4runner
Adidas Boost
Housing market will...

Please god yes. Please. Anything.

-> having a Off Topic section where politics are not allowed ? <-

Why would you force a CHOICE ....
Why would you not ask others that QUESTION....
Why would you stifle OUR FREEDOM OF SPEECH .....

2 off topic areas.

One for Politics
One for Non Politics.....

That's fair....

Choices...!!

https://api.time.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/american-flag-wind.jpg?quality=85&w=1024&h=512&crop=1

Funny how everything needs to be explained to you word for word. You are as sharp as a butter knife.

You are a spineless pussy commenting after the fact......

I inquired about what appeared to be a move to stifle FREE SPEECH......

It wasn't clear in his initial posts and he clarified it with post # 1713.....

Grow up Dog Dung........

The news says that the Navy will scrap the Bon Homme Richard amphibious carrier because it will cost too much to repair the damage from the 4-day fire last summer. The first story was that a lot of flammable junk had been stored in an area intended to carry amphibious vehicles in normal operations caught fire when no one was working in the area, and that the shipboard fire-fighting systems had been disconnected while they were being upgraded as part of the shipyard work.

Also in the news are hints that the NCIS is investigating a sailor for arson. NCIS always looks so good on their TV show but not so good in real life. When I was in the Navy, we had a few NIS (as they were called at that time) snoops running around the base. The feeling I heard expressed at that time was that an NIS agent couldn't find his own ass with both hands in his back pockets, a feeling that was borne out in their attempt to blame the USS Iowa explosion on some sailors who had been killed. I guess they felt that no one would find out about the unauthorized gunnery experiments and the use of defective ammunition.

Back