ECNL vs. DA turf war has created a 'toxic environment'

No, I didn't say I cleaned houses. I said there's nothing wrong with cleaning houses. I rode my bike 5 miles each way to flip hamburger patties for minimum wage like many other kids my age. I worked all through high school and paid for most of my college... by working after school and on weekends when many other kids were partying. My parents did the same thing. I get it... everyone has it differently. I grew up with kids that never worked until after college. Life isn't fair. What you're telling me is that none of the drug dealers want to do it. So are you saying many aren't doing it because they can make absurd money for half a day's work and not pay taxes on the income? Public schools ARE underfunded... and I'd rather see our tax dollars go to schools rather than making sure jail and prison inmates get a free ride for things like food, medical, education and "rent" per say. But then people would whine that it's inhumane to make murderers, rapists and thieves have to earn a living like the rest of us.
Yep. Selling drugs is a high-risk minimum wage job without benefits. The only people making the money are the kingpins.

Yep. Selling drugs is a high-risk minimum wage job without benefits. The only people making the money are the kingpins.
Nothing like grown up rich white millionaire dads in club soccer lying to 11 year old girl and her dad. I'm supposed to have Kickers insight and no(know) that the grown ups from Rancho Sante Fe will lie to me and her, all so they could win #10 championship and become the #1 club in the GDA. Thanks guys, I super appreciate you all lying to me. I know I'm dumb and stupid for falling for all it. However, I did and that's why I probably will be here until those losers are out of the game.

I dont go to class like you saint Outlaw or go work after school like a good boy should. No sir, I was out running the streets (beaches) and smoking hippie lettuce among many other things. It was the 70s. One of my rich white friends dad made millions. I'll share how later. Anyway, he brings out this white rock and I was hooked for 6 months. The first time I took a line, I played hoops and I was by far the best that night. It was fun until he ask me for money. The dad ended up going to jail for along time because of some "white" color crime. I think we all made some mistakes and in once since or sense, were all guilty of crimes against ourselves, others and humanity. Outlaw has very little pain in life and did everything write as a white boy. Black people just need to do the same and all will be ok for them. Your so lost dude your full of hate!!!!

LMAO! So I'm full of hate because I was smart enough to avoid drugs and you weren't? Man... I can hear the violins from here.

What's with your inability to grasp your and you're? Is it deliberate? English not your first language?

LMAO! So I'm full of hate because I was smart enough to avoid drugs and you weren't? Man... I can hear the violins from here.

What's with your inability to grasp your and you're? Is it deliberate? English not your first language?
Hey, read my story. I couldn;t speak when I was born. I was deaf. So yes, English was sort of second language. I read my mom's body language and she said I was so smart she didn;t realize I was a dumb deaf mute until I was 3. Can you believe that Outlaw? I was special needs all through k-8th because I stuttered bad after I learned how to talk from my two years of operations when I was 3 and 4. I was labeled dumb by my teachers and school district and probably from guys like you. I would kick your ass on the baseball field or the gym for my revenge. I never went to class in HS because I was told I was stupid because I couldn;t speak in front of people. I liked surfing way more and thought I could be pro surfer until I realized I wasn;t as good as Tom Curren and few others I grew up with. I missed out on being a pro so i thought I could get my dd to do it for me. So my writing skills is poor at best too. I actually quit HS and took the GDE after Sr year hoops season was over. I hated school and I kind of think it's overrated and over sold to our youth. You don;t have to go to college to be successful to be a winner. America is changing and college isnt the only game in town.

Here you go Lester Outlaw. You make me puke dude. Your an embarrassment to all white people. I'm sick of your hate. Take a hike jack and go back to them old days.

Sorry Ellejustus if that’s your real story. But I take it with a grain of salt since as soccer helper you talked about having 2 D1 coaches lined up for in home interviews with your daughter... but someone astutely asked how that could be so, since discussion with D1 coaches can’t happen till after June 15 after sophomore year of school...

Anyway, you shrugged that story off as ‘sarcastic’. But that isn’t sarcasm. It’s a plain old lie.

Sorry Ellejustus if that’s your real story. But I take it with a grain of salt since as soccer helper you talked about having 2 D1 coaches lined up for in home interviews with your daughter... but someone astutely asked how that could be so, since discussion with D1 coaches can’t happen till after June 15 after sophomore year of school...

Anyway, you shrugged that story off as ‘sarcastic’. But that isn’t sarcasm. It’s a plain old lie.
So many of them to count.

Hey, read my story. I couldn;t speak when I was born. I was deaf. So yes, English was sort of second language. I read my mom's body language and she said I was so smart she didn;t realize I was a dumb deaf mute until I was 3. Can you believe that Outlaw? I was special needs all through k-8th because I stuttered bad after I learned how to talk from my two years of operations when I was 3 and 4. I was labeled dumb by my teachers and school district and probably from guys like you. I would kick your ass on the baseball field or the gym for my revenge. I never went to class in HS because I was told I was stupid because I couldn;t speak in front of people. I liked surfing way more and thought I could be pro surfer until I realized I wasn;t as good as Tom Curren and few others I grew up with. I missed out on being a pro so i thought I could get my dd to do it for me. So my writing skills is poor at best too. I actually quit HS and took the GDE after Sr year hoops season was over. I hated school and I kind of think it's overrated and over sold to our youth. You don;t have to go to college to be successful to be a winner. America is changing and college isnt the only game in town.

Great story. Maybe you should back away from calling people "liar" or "lost" or "full of hate" and "privileged" because of your personal issues.

Here you go Lester Outlaw. You make me puke dude. Your an embarrassment to all white people. I'm sick of your hate. Take a hike jack and go back to them old days.

So the truth is hate now? If you disagree, tell me why. If I'm wrong, tell me how. Don't just babble incoherent sentences with spelling people can't decipher. You're the one with 50 profiles and endless time to post. Try using your words instead of memes and videos. I'm capable of debating with you and MacDre. I've disagree'd with him before and I've complimented him before.

[d

“We went into the meeting with the hope that we could put together a collaborative concept of how to work together – the clubs and the federation – on things that would be additive and make what’s out there better,” Lavers told SoccerWire.com in a phone conversation on Tuesday. “Their position was that they previously discussed collaborating with us, and had determined that they could improve the game and raise standards in the game faster and better without us."

It's only one side of the story, but if true, US Soccer's arrogance has come back to bite them in the ass.

Right off the bat, USSF essentially told ECNL “Thanks for doing all the heavy lifting, we’re just going to take your business now.” Of course ECNL hates USSF.

If USSF had done exactly what ECNL had done but slapped the US Soccer label on it, ECNL would be dead by now. Instead, USSF is full of morons who failed to appreciate that all the things it tried to do differently were things ECNL had already found to be financially unsustainable. ECNL had already tried to discourage HS only to learn that, for every @simisoccrfan who detests HS soccer, it would lose 100 paying customers by banning it. ECNL learned how much travel (and costs) would be acceptable to its customers. ECNL understood there is no one size fits all way of running a national soccer league, and perfected its platform to account for regional differences, including different HS seasons, weather, spring breaks, financial demographics, etc. ECNL knew the main value proposition for its business is to open college doors that would otherwise be closed.

USSF thought the parents of every elite female soccer player in the country must love soccer so much that they’re willing to pay any amount of money, make their kids miss any amount of school and give up everything else in life just so their kid can wear a USSF patch and live a fantasy that someday they might play on the national team. USSF saw a vision of a world in which women make a fortune to skip college and play pro, although that makes no financial sense.

ECNL is run by experienced businesspeople making solid business decisions based on reality. GDA is run by soccer morons who are making decisions based on a fantasy of how they want the world to be, instead of how it actually is.

Great story. Maybe you should back away from calling people "liar" or "lost" or "full of hate" and "privileged" because of your personal issues.
I don’t think calling someone privilege is an insult and part of being an adult and growing is acknowledging your privilege and trying to do better.
I have male privilege and I am a sexist in recovery. I know all the buzzwords and have a great relationship with my daughter but I am still a sexist because I am a product of my environment. If I don’t acknowledge my sexism and privilege, how can I improve as a man?
In October when my daughter’s male coach asked me if my kid could join their Academy. I said no. I can’t remember the excuse used but I rejected the offer. I rejected the offer because my girl had always played with boys and I didn’t like how girls played the game. And, the coach was a female too—ah, hell no.
[d

Right off the bat, USSF essentially told ECNL “Thanks for doing all the heavy lifting, we’re just going to take your business now.” Of course ECNL hates USSF.

If USSF had done exactly what ECNL had done but slapped the US Soccer label on it, ECNL would be dead by now. Instead, USSF is full of morons who failed to appreciate that all the things it tried to do differently were things ECNL had already found to be financially unsustainable. ECNL had already tried to discourage HS only to learn that, for every @simisoccrfan who detests HS soccer, it would lose 100 paying customers by banning it. ECNL learned how much travel (and costs) would be acceptable to its customers. ECNL understood there is no one size fits all way of running a national soccer league, and perfected its platform to account for regional differences, including different HS seasons, weather, spring breaks, financial demographics, etc. ECNL knew the main value proposition for its business is to open college doors that would otherwise be closed.

USSF thought the parents of every elite female soccer player in the country must love soccer so much that they’re willing to pay any amount of money, make their kids miss any amount of school and give up everything else in life just so their kid can wear a USSF patch and live a fantasy that someday they might play on the national team. USSF saw a vision of a world in which women make a fortune to skip college and play pro, although that makes no financial sense.

ECNL is run by experienced businesspeople making solid business decisions based on reality. GDA is run by soccer morons who are making decisions based on a fantasy of how they want the world to be, instead of how it actually is.
I agree with most of what you’re saying. I think USSF was trying to do the right thing but failed. Their actions remind me of my days in the Marine Corps when I was constantly told “good initiative bad judgment.”
I think it was good initiative for USSF to attempt to bring us to international standards but I think it was bad judgment the way they rolled GDA out.
As I’ve been saying, the problem isn’t GDA it’s the MLS that’s dropping the ball. At least USSF tried.
Now we’re in a situation with our ethnocentric thinking where our girls are getting substandard development and most cant fathom demanding MLS support women’s soccer. So sad!
I think pay to play should be for the worst players. You know, the one’s with two left feet. The one’s that don’t have a snowball chance in hell of playing at a higher level but still love the sport.
MLS academies should be training those that aspire to professional or collegiate ranks and the mistake USSF made was trying to do MLS’ job for them.

[d

Very good said sir. Sounds like my my my sttttuuuupppppiiiiddddddd story. I was yelling at everyone at Surf for two years and then yelled one year at the Blues for how these moron dads were trying their luck with girls soccer. I will say you way gooder then (than) I gould of ever done. Outlaw make fun of me because I didnt work hard in grade and hs school and IIIII have hard time excelling with high marks back when school and college was forced down my brain and if you dont go to college u be failure in life.. In fact, I got bad grades. Sorry, i cou;lt freaking talk. So, to hit a home run in life I was on the bench. I never got a freaking tuen to bat in life because I was stupid. Does that ring bell EOTL or Outlaw dude who has so much hate and pain he doesn;t even no about it.......gee, like me was born yesterday

Yes, it was free for a year because you hitched your wagon to a dumb soccer club that could not sustain it. In the meantime, while your daughter was getting mediocre training and not a lot of college attention, the paying customers over at Blues were gaining on and surpassing your kid, and their coaches were having meaningful conversations on their behalf to Radcliffe and Cromwell.

Uh, Portland Thorns are not fully funding their GDA, which just proves my point. I’m glad you’re dropping maybe $50 a year for an NWSL season ticket package. Another $350 million and they’ll be right there with MLS.

It's like $250 for the season ticket package but you are 100% correct.

This thread is going to be funny in 4-5 years. The soccer will sort everything out. Not a smart move to put all of your eggs in one basket. Even Catarina Macario is going to graduate with a Stanford degree and she might actually make the full USWNT and make half a million dollars a year playing soccer for few years yet she won't come close to the value of her degree.

Cheers to everyone and carry on.

Bro, are you saying you thought I was telling the truth about two top D1 girls college coaches coming to my house to meets up with the family to see what my goat is about June 15th? I did lie and I ask for forgiveness. Always ask me and I promise to let you know if i'm telling a story or if its a true story. My public school story is 100% all true. I promise. I had a dream as a 9th grader at Laguna beach hs. I wanted John Wooden to come to my house. I had a dream and I was damm good player in Laguna Beach against my white friends. The varsity coach liked my hustle as a freshman and called me up with the Varsity for the LBHS Christmas Classic. We opened up against the Long Beach Poly Jack Rabbits. Their fans all came out to support their team. We were the home team and hardly anyone came. I saw my dream fade away of UCLA quickly as I watched Poly warm up. I got in the game in the 4th quarter. I think it was 105-34. It was a spanking. I also appreciated what I saw and actually worked my ass off to get better so I could compete against the goats. I held my own but like I said before, I played defense when I played with the goats and passed the rock. I was nasty on defense and would steal the ball and pass like Stockton.

This thread is going to be funny in 4-5 years. The soccer will sort everything out. Not a smart move to put all of your eggs in one basket. Even Catarina Macario is going to graduate with a Stanford degree and she might actually make the full USWNT and make half a million dollars a year playing soccer for few years yet she won't come close to the value of her degree.

This thread only has 12-18 months left. The last post in it will be mine and it will say “I told you so.”

Hey Maps, remember everyone telling me how stupid I was that we didn;t jump at the college deal in 8th grade? I told you about UCLA and Duke coming out to check out the 7th and 8th graders and run some of the drills? Anson from NC signed a 6th grader and things were downhill quickly. My dd was 4 11' and got the full court press to send them emails or else. I said no. Was that bad of me as a dad or did I read the tea leaves properly? We could of got a deal from someone but 80% quit so why do that. Sad crap they put these girls through back in the day. Your dd is .1% so please show mercy to us 99%ters. Welcome back.

Back