ECNL vs. DA turf war has created a 'toxic environment'

Very good said sir. Sounds like my my my sttttuuuupppppiiiiddddddd story. I was yelling at everyone at Surf for two years and then yelled one year at the Blues for how these moron dads were trying their luck with girls soccer. I will say you way gooder then (than) I gould of ever done. Outlaw make fun of me because I didnt work hard in grade and hs school and IIIII have hard time excelling with high marks back when school and college was forced down my brain and if you dont go to college u be failure in life.. In fact, I got bad grades. Sorry, i cou;lt freaking talk. So, to hit a home run in life I was on the bench. I never got a freaking tuen to bat in life because I was stupid. Does that ring bell EOTL or Outlaw dude who has so much hate and pain he doesn;t even no about it.......gee, like me was born yesterday

You're a professional victim. Early on... when you were an aspiring pro... did you hit your head on the board 1 too many times?

This thread is going to be funny in 4-5 years. The soccer will sort everything out. Not a smart move to put all of your eggs in one basket. Even Catarina Macario is going to graduate with a Stanford degree and she might actually make the full USWNT and make half a million dollars a year playing soccer for few years yet she won't come close to the value of her degree.

Cheers to everyone and carry on.

I'd love to know what 22-year old Mallory Pugh would do if a redo presented itself.

I don’t think calling someone privilege is an insult and part of being an adult and growing is acknowledging your privilege and trying to do better.
I have male privilege and I am a sexist in recovery. I know all the buzzwords and have a great relationship with my daughter but I am still a sexist because I am a product of my environment. If I don’t acknowledge my sexism and privilege, how can I improve as a man?
In October when my daughter’s male coach asked me if my kid could join their Academy. I said no. I can’t remember the excuse used but I rejected the offer. I rejected the offer because my girl had always played with boys and I didn’t like how girls played the game. And, the coach was a female too—ah, hell no.

I agree with most of what you’re saying. I think USSF was trying to do the right thing but failed. Their actions remind me of my days in the Marine Corps when I was constantly told “good initiative bad judgment.”
I think it was good initiative for USSF to attempt to bring us to international standards but I think it was bad judgment the way they rolled GDA out.
As I’ve been saying, the problem isn’t GDA it’s the MLS that’s dropping the ball. At least USSF tried.
Now we’re in a situation with our ethnocentric thinking where our girls are getting substandard development and most cant fathom demanding MLS support women’s soccer. So sad!
I think pay to play should be for the worst players. You know, the one’s with two left feet. The one’s that don’t have a snowball chance in hell of playing at a higher level but still love the sport.
MLS academies should be training those that aspire to professional or collegiate ranks and the mistake USSF made was trying to do MLS’ job for them.

The word "privilege" has become an insult. It suggests someone was given a head start or hand up that others didn't get. Moreover, it suggests someone didn't work as hard or sacrifice as much to achieve whatever it is they're trying to achieve. That doesn't mean privilege doesn't exist... but I don't believe privilege is determined by skin color.

The word "privilege" has become an insult. It suggests someone was given a head start or hand up that others didn't get. Moreover, it suggests someone didn't work as hard or sacrifice as much to achieve whatever it is they're trying to achieve. That doesn't mean privilege doesn't exist... but I don't believe privilege is determined by skin color.
Listen Lester, let me help you out. Were all told to score a run in the game of baseball, right? For my story about whites and blacks, let's use scoring a run as being a winner in life. Q for you Lester. How does someone score a run?

What the fuck does that even mean? In the law of two? Don't feel badly for me... my daughter and I have separate lives... unlike you.
So you don;t know what the law of two means? OK, disregard my baseball analogy. Just drop it Lester, your not ready for the next stage in life.

I think you should be more worried about how long this stay safe at home lasts. If it extends into the fall there goes all pro, college, HS and club sports for that season. Even if things then recover in 2021, College Sports will never be the same with the loss of the Football revenue for a season. While colleges will likely honor their current scholarship commitments to current college students I could see most college sports losing all of their future scholarships and a lot of their funding for years. In that scenario if your kid has not signed an official college NLI already, kiss good bye any chance at a scholarship. Then the stupid argument between DA and ECNL won't matter because no one will pay to play in those leagues without the potential hope of college scholarship.

Listen Lester, let me help you out. Were all told to score a run in the game of baseball, right? For my story about whites and blacks, let's use scoring a run as being a winner in life. Q for you Lester. How does someone score a run?

Who is Lester? Some guy that touched you when you were hanging ten?

I think there are different levels of privilege. I think currently the ultimate form of privilege is white male privilege. But, I can also admit that as a black male oftentimes I have male privilege over white women. So, race isn’t the only factor but it’s part of the analysis.
That doesn’t suggest you didn’t work for what you have or that you haven’t endured adversity. It simply means all things being considered equally you have a few extra cards to play. You receive the benefit of being considered a man of honor and intelligent. I get viewed with skepticism and receive no beneficial assumptions when people see me. And that my friend is privilege.

I think there are different levels of privilege. I think currently the ultimate form of privilege is white male privilege. But, I can also admit that as a black male oftentimes I have male privilege over white women. So, race isn’t the only factor but it’s part of the analysis.
That doesn’t suggest you didn’t work for what you have or that you haven’t endured adversity. It simply means all things being considered equally you have a few extra cards to play. You receive the benefit of being considered a man of honor and intelligent. I get viewed with skepticism and receive no beneficial assumptions when people see me. And that my friend is privilege.

So let's look at your first 2 sentences and your last 2 sentences. Why do you think a white male has more privilege and a black man gets viewed with skepticism and no beneficial assumptions? Why do you think that is?

We all discount the privileges that our society/state/country do offer us. Like an education, running water, indoor plumbing, Starbucks, medical care, etc. But nothing beats the privilege of finding a Pliny The Elder.

I think you should be more worried about how long this stay safe at home lasts. If it extends into the fall there goes all pro, college, HS and club sports for that season. Even if things then recover in 2021, College Sports will never be the same with the loss of the Football revenue for a season. While colleges will likely honor their current scholarship commitments to current college students I could see most college sports losing all of their future scholarships and a lot of their funding for years. In that scenario if your kid has not signed an official college NLI already, kiss good bye any chance at a scholarship. Then the stupid argument between DA and ECNL won't matter because no one will pay to play in those leagues without the potential hope of college scholarship.
Hopefully you’re right. Then maybe the MLS will hold up their obligation to open up Academies and all the girls that don’t make the team can apply for academic scholarships and apply all the coin their parents save by them developing in a MLS academy to their education.

Back