ECNL vs. DA turf war has created a 'toxic environment'

You know what bro, I stand corrected. You guys should be #1. I went through as fast as I can and I can tell from this game you guys are #1. I'm sorry man. I don't want to make excuses. Just curious, how many YNT on your team? Top 10 D1? Thank for the video too

BOOM!!! Tried to tell you Mr. Justus!!

BOOM!!! Tried to tell you Mr. Justus!!
You guys got me. Video proof is always good to have and Mr Baller has it. "Deer in head light moment" for me for sure. Egg on my face and a big talker I am. One more correction too that I embellished a little. Is wasn't CSUF that I got asked to redshirt, it was Fullerton JC. I did ball with all those other guys and dreamed of playing in Euro ball and the B league adult league though

Sorry, I mean to say, "my dd got big time screwed over." I got screwed over back in 85' when I walked on CSUF and Garrido wanting me to red shirt. He told me I could be the next Mickey Rivers. However, I tried hard that hot summer to hit that damn curve ball with no luck. I could see the writing on the wall. He wanted me to be a scout player at best, maybe steal a base my SR year and shag fly balls all day and maybe throw some BP and ruin my arm. I said no thanks and went straight to the gym and worked on my basketball skills and got really good. I mean really good. Reggie and Cherly would be there, Fryer from CDM, Tom Lewis, Leon Wood would come play some and a little Scottie Brooks now and then. I was thinking maybe I could shoot them up in Europe with the likes of Kevin McGee from UCI. However, when I would run with them I only worked on defense because well, they were a little better than me and I never, and I mean never, saw the rock to shoot and I wouldn't dare try either with my squad. I soon realized I was a adult B league player play at best and that's it. The A league guys were all ex pros and D1 only and they never passed. B league, I was where I was needed and I was having fun. I got the call up sometimes with the A team guys but I didn't have fun because, well, they were complete ball hogs and I wanted to go back to the glory days where I was the star attraction and that could only happen at B League Adult Men's team, not D1 college ball at UCLA which was my dream. All my friends would mock me all the time when I was 11.
I didn't know everything I say would come back to bite my ass so I want to correct the record. It was Fullerton JC, not CSUF that I was asked to redshirt. Augie and CSUF sounded better so I went with it. Reggie was never there and Cheryl I saw at Main Beach and she destroyed some dude and he was pissed. I'm old too guys and I can't remember every detail of my life.

Dude, it’s THE SURF CUP FINAL. Not an EGSL event. Quit making shit up, making excuses, and acting like your greatest team of all time before DA wasn’t trying to win THE SURF CUP FINAL.
Actually Baller, I'm not letting you off that easy. I got a PM just now (I promise the guy I wouldn't out him like some do on here) from someone from the Quakes side to tell me to ask you the following:
1. How many "guest goats" did your squad bring to Surf Cup 2016? Be honest too. Every out of state team does it. Texas teams are the worst especially at Surf Cup.
2. How many of your goats tried to get on the Quakes but the spots were fillerd already? Not my questions, so don't get mad at me for those two. 3. My question is where were you guys for Far West Regionals in 2017? You guys play gr8t soccer btw and I mean that sincerely.

I didn't know everything I say would come back to bite my ass so I want to correct the record. It was Fullerton JC, not CSUF that I was asked to redshirt. Augie and CSUF sounded better so I went with it. Reggie was never there and Cheryl I saw at Main Beach and she destroyed some dude and he was pissed. I'm old too guys and I can't remember every detail of my life.
Join the club Justus! We’re all old!!

I keep looking at the title of this thread and want it to end. I'm thinking the conclusion for my part in all this will read something like this,
"16 months of hard work and then Selection Sunday." March Madness theme but more about September 2017. I'm going to chill, look for a hug and come back later Sunday unless more breaking news hits the wire. Let's all enjoy the weekend watching our kids play something. No harm, no foul :)

Actually Baller, I'm not letting you off that easy. I got a PM just now (I promise the guy I wouldn't out him like some do on here) from someone from the Quakes side to tell me to ask you the following:
1. How many "guest goats" did your squad bring to Surf Cup 2016? Be honest too. Every out of state team does it. Texas teams are the worst especially at Surf Cup.
2. How many of your goats tried to get on the Quakes but the spots were fillerd already? Not my questions, so don't get mad at me for those two. 3. My question is where were you guys for Far West Regionals in 2017? You guys play gr8t soccer btw and I mean that sincerely.
1) Tell the “Quakes guy” that the team had one guest - goalie who played the second half. Also tell the Quakes guy, that he should’ve known that because they lost to that team 3-1 in the semifinal(they were DeAnza back then) a few hours earlier, and that he should be familiar with the roster since they played a half dozen times in the months before the Surf Cup
2) Zero as far as I know. Not sure many kids would want to try out for a team they beat 9 out of 10 times in year prior.
3) Northern California’s top clubs play in NPL, which has their own state cup, The NorCal Premier League state cup, which is not associated with the Far West Regionals. None of the top teams play the tournament that leads to the Far West, which is why you usually see a real weak Northern California tram at Far West, or the Northern California spot is conceded to another team from another region.

1) Tell the “Quakes guy” we had one guest - goalie who played the second half. Also tell the Quakes guy, that he should’ve known that because they lost to us 3-1 in the semifinal(they were DeAnza back then) a few hours earlier, and since he should be familiar with the roster since they played a half dozen times in the the months before the Surf Cup
2) Zero as far as I know. Not sure many kids would want to try out for a team they beat 9 out of 10 times in year prior.
3) Northern California’s top clubs play in NPL, which has their own state cup, The NorCal Premier League state cup, which is not associated with the Far West Regionals. None of the top teams play the tournament that leads to the Far West, which is why you usually see a real weak Northern California tram at Far West, or the Northern California spot is conceded to another team from another region.
So the Surf #11 National Championship they got was missing some teams your saying? No Cal was somewhere else? WTF happened to De Anza anyways? If you guys were the cream at the top up there, how come they got the DA and your MVLA was shut out? No YNT picks either, did that register yet and how do you and the team feel about that since it sounds like you guys are the ones doing all the spanking? Did they get first dips because of the MLS connection? Did MVLA at least apply? I super, duper stand corrected and feel honored Baller. I now remember you guys :)

1) Tell the “Quakes guy” that the team had one guest - goalie who played the second half. Also tell the Quakes guy, that he should’ve known that because they lost to that team 3-1 in the semifinal(they were DeAnza back then) a few hours earlier, and that he should be familiar with the roster since they played a half dozen times in the months before the Surf Cup
I don't want to pry into too much personal here, I'm really just curious. How many D1 commits now for the team? Why do you think no player from your squad made the list this time around?

Based on video evidence I now need to change who #1 truly is in the nation for 04' It's MLVA #1, Quakes #2 and then the rest. Baller, how did you guys do in ECNL this year? Was it fun and competitive? Did you ever get to play the Quakes this year? Surf?
Lost to FC Pride SC ECNL 1-2. Last time Quakes played MLVA was 2 years ago and MVLA won.

So the Surf #11 National Championship they got was missing some teams your saying? No Cal was somewhere else? WTF happened to De Anza anyways? If you guys were the cream at the top up there, how come they got the DA and your MVLA was shut out? No YNT picks either, did that register yet and how do you and the team feel about that since it sounds like you guys are the ones doing all the spanking? Did they get first dips because of the MLS connection? Did MVLA at least apply? I super, duper stand corrected and feel honored Baller. I now remember you guys :)
Quakes( DeAnza at the time) wanted DA. MVLA didn’t want DA ( But they did apply) at the time because they felt Ecnl was well establish and didn’t see why to change course. They have a couple of girls in YNT. MVLA is a huge club starting from the grass roots. Quakes got rid of there grass roots program.

I just woke from nightmares of Curry raining 3's on me (not the Lakers) in a pick up game at UCLA. Magic was there too getting in a run with us. It was horrible dream. I met Magic the week b4 for the first time at one of his new businesses he started up in Inglewood (I do a little marketing on the side to make extra money to pay my bills). I was bragging how gr8t of a player I was to Ervin. After 5 minutes of listening to my big fish stories he invited me to play in one of the GOAT pick up games at Pauley. Curry showed up. You know, the one no one believed in. Well, Mr talker got his ass handed to him in the dream game. It wasn't even close. I wake up from the nightmare to get ready for VB tourney all day and that temptation to click to see if anyone responded got to me and low and behold it's you @gotothebushes, of all people :) If it was 2-0, than my baby goat could not possibly have had the game of her life. And if your team was not entered in the FWR, then I feel *might need to be next to #11* and I hate that but it seems fair right now. I also heard a few teams from Texas were missing but let's just leave at that. Too much truth can hurts sometimes. The true #1 04' team is MLVA, and I can say most likely the last 3 years too. That's a hard one to swallow but I believe in fairness and that can only happen on the field, not behind closed rooms IMO. So again, you got me and I'm impressed with MLVA. Can I get at least a do-over and try to get my story straight? It was 3 years ago, just saying. Enjoy the day with the kids and have fun up there and I hope my dd team can get a chance to try and play your team someday :)

Lost to FC Pride SC ECNL 1-2. Last time Quakes played MLVA was 2 years ago and MVLA won.
Where is Pride from and were they that good or was it bad day for MLVA? I will be honest I'm a little bewildered with that lose, head scratcher, but things happen in soccer games that are crazy. Quakes guy told me it's been years since you all played too. He said two years ago is a stupid argument and you guys just chose wrong (assuming not going all in DA) and are all butt hurt now and will pay for it dearly being on the outside looking in. I just told him to come clean and stop the nonsense. New update ranking in my rankings go like this: MLVA #1 (100.0) When I say 100, you get all the first place votes so I'm clear. Quakes (50.0) #2 based on the 4 YNT, DA *National Championship and all going to UCLA. A tie for 3rd for all the rest in SoCal. Someone in SoCal needs to claim #1 status so I can get them to #3 in the nation quickly. Maybe Heat FC has room for arguing #3. Are the Michigan Hawks all that or just name only? How about the tophat team in GA? Texas any good or are they all split up too?

Where is Pride from and were they that good or was it bad day for MLVA? I will be honest I'm a little bewildered with that lose, head scratcher, but things happen in soccer games that are crazy. Quakes guy told me it's been years since you all played too. He said two years ago is a stupid argument and you guys just chose wrong (assuming not going all in DA) and are all butt hurt now and will pay for it dearly being on the outside looking in. I just told him to come clean and stop the nonsense. New update ranking in my rankings go like this: MLVA #1 (100.0) When I say 100, you get all the first place votes so I'm clear. Quakes (50.0) #2 based on the 4 YNT, DA *National Championship and all going to UCLA. A tie for 3rd for all the rest in SoCal. Someone in SoCal needs to claim #1 status so I can get them to #3 in the nation quickly. Maybe Heat FC has room for arguing #3. Are the Michigan Hawks all that or just name only? How about the tophat team in GA? Texas any good or are they all split up too?

Heat's 05 are very strong but their 04 team didn't get a win or out of bracket play in national playoffs. Glad you've awoken to MVLAs 04s, they are great

Heat's 05 are very strong but their 04 team didn't get a win or out of bracket play in national playoffs. Glad you've awoken to MVLAs 04s, they are great
I'm a cocky SoCal sports baby and I got my ass spanked last night big time just like the Lakers the last 15 years or so. I know when to shut my mouth, trust me :)

Let’s go back to memory lane shall we. Kind of like “Oldies but Goodies” from the past, like two months ago when I first stumbled on the SoCal Soccer Forum as my evil twin sister, @Ellejustus. Then Luis came along and I get folks thinking he’s me or at least were in some room together. I had to drop Elle because she’s the one I’m here for if that makes any sense to you. Anyway, the parent 100% responsible, and I’m assuming the father, because no good mom would start this toxic thread is the Parent in Vegas. You can it end this now and save me embarrassment and shame. We all need a do-over sometimse in life and I’m personally asking for one for me and my goat. Some would say a Mulligan or a second chance and, in my case, 8 chances. My best friend from 1st grade says I remind him of a cat because I always seem to land on my feet. So please Mr Vegas Parent, end the thread for God’s sacks. I have a split personality, mental case who tells so many fish stories my son couldn’t wait to get out of the house because that’s all I do. I don’t want my dd to be blacklisted either. Your help in this matter would be much appreciated from this dad and many others I believe on the SoCal Soccer Forum for all to read and I’m frankly embarrassed of how far this has gotten out of hand. So do us all a favor and put a folk in it, now!!!!!!

Old quotes before EJ came on to the SoCal Soccer Forum sometime in early July 2019. Let's start with the first one shall we. Remember, I have three years left before I go up to the Big League section on this forum

“I thought this was interesting. Full interview in the link.”

My first stumble to SoccerAmerica, no joke and no fish story I promise. It was all soccernation. Since 1971 too and I never heard of it before until I got here. So I think SA should say TY to the Parent in Vegas. TY from me too for guiding to the right place.

This one really got me involved

SA: You may not continue fielding teams in both the Girls DA and the ECNL?

LORNE DONALDSON: "The ECNL wanted us to get out of [the Development Academy]" (You think. A Team only Lorne). "There are some clubs already out of the ECNL. They have been kicked out." (oh really, please enlighten us with that list)

Sounds so harsh LD. I don't buy it and I'm certainly not feeling sorry for you and your club. You were asked to make a decision like many of us have to everyday in life and you had two choices to make. Sign A or Sign B. The problem Lorne is you wanted 2 A Teams, yes two, dos "A" Teams. No one has two A teams except Walid and the Blues and those deals got done early on so it is what is. Plus, it's SoCal and we usually get what we want first. Blues won so I don't I have any problem with them having two A Teams and they used to win everything and they deserve it too. Pick one or the other and live with that decision. Don't say "Kicked out." I think my kid got kicked out of the DA because of HS Soccer participation. Could you imagine that LD? MP would have none of that either. Thank God she left. She loved HS Soccer. I'm sure a check will be coming soon for reward of MP. Like many have said here, we have choices to make and you made yours.

And let's not forget our Sage advice from our great Elders

“Yes, everyone has free choice, but in the encircling regime if a player is not in the DA program early the doors may be found to be closed when he or she is older and really ready for it.”

“It's a power play and you are just saying it in a nice way”
“Such a sad strategy”
“Wow I agree with you on something completely. Let check to see if any pigs are flying outside today....”
This is my favorite warning of all but I had no clue would he was saying until recently

Back