ECNL vs. DA turf war has created a 'toxic environment'

I thought you knew who I am?
Based on my comments about my kiddos and nieces, the people that know me well and are on this forum know how I am. That is good enough for me. You and Luis might be able to get a partner discount for therapy. Have a good evening, I am out.
I thought I did but what you just ranted about after I've been on here for the last month or so has me perplexed. I already said sorry to the group and it's like your telling all the new people who don't have time to read the old thread that became live again, the truth. Go to the 2009 thread and read up Fact so you can learn more about the GOATs and why this place is open for business 24/7. Seriously folks, people tell me to stop and go to bed on here. This is open 24/7 and I will come here when I want just like everyone else. In fact, I encourage all the new people joining this round table to look too at 2009. Come back here and tell me what you learned over there with the u9s. This is always going to be about who the #1 team is in SoCal because that usually means #1 in the nation, just saying...... and my goat is 04' and for this dad who only has 3 more years left here (I was gone for the last 3) Look at 2012 age and read everyone. It brought a tear to my eye, no joke. I can't wait to be like @espola and come back 10 years later and see how we all fixed this. Encourage them to be brave too. That's what this new thread is about, not attacking me again and bringing up old wounds. Let it go Fact, I did already. Here's a true story: My dd is on the B team frosh/Soph VB at school. She could try her luck and most likely watch from the sidelines on the A Team and not play at all. But she can tell all her friends she's on the A team, kind of like telling everyone your on the DA team or ECNL team. The reward for some is telling their friends I made the A team and for others it's "we beat JSierra today dad and I played in all 3 games." Cool stuff!!! She wants to play most of the game because that is fun. She is very competitive like a warrior but knows her limits and abilities too. She wants Action and her Action is playing in the actual games. I'm not judging those who look at this youth soccer stuff differently. Some kids want to be just on the team and root their friends on from the sidelines and theirs nothing wrong with that. Again, you have to understand your limits. Mars and PaPa already have all the U9 goats ranked and this is by each teams players. These guys are freaking good now days with all the social stuff. I'm sorry, but this thread is DA vs ECNL and how we got here in the first place. I lived it Fact and I guess I'm here to share a little about my experience so I can get my goat back to be the #1 GOAT again because when she was 8, the bitch told me she was fast...…..

Excuse me but I am not complaining about my families teams. Take some responsibility for your actions instead of continually whining that YOU got screwed over.
Sorry, I mean to say, "my dd got big time screwed over." I got screwed over back in 85' when I walked on CSUF and Garrido wanting me to red shirt. He told me I could be the next Mickey Rivers. However, I tried hard that hot summer to hit that damn curve ball with no luck. I could see the writing on the wall. He wanted me to be a scout player at best, maybe steal a base my SR year and shag fly balls all day and maybe throw some BP and ruin my arm. I said no thanks and went straight to the gym and worked on my basketball skills and got really good. I mean really good. Reggie and Cherly would be there, Fryer from CDM, Tom Lewis, Leon Wood would come play some and a little Scottie Brooks now and then. I was thinking maybe I could shoot them up in Europe with the likes of Kevin McGee from UCI. However, when I would run with them I only worked on defense because well, they were a little better than me and I never, and I mean never, saw the rock to shoot and I wouldn't dare try either with my squad. I soon realized I was a adult B league player play at best and that's it. The A league guys were all ex pros and D1 only and they never passed. B league, I was where I was needed and I was having fun. I got the call up sometimes with the A team guys but I didn't have fun because, well, they were complete ball hogs and I wanted to go back to the glory days where I was the star attraction and that could only happen at B League Adult Men's team, not D1 college ball at UCLA which was my dream. All my friends would mock me all the time when I was 11.

Sorry, I mean to say, "my dd got big time screwed over." I got screwed over back in 85' when I walked on CSUF and Garrido wanting me to red shirt. He told me I could be the next Mickey Rivers. However, I tried hard that hot summer to hit that damn curve ball with no luck. I could see the writing on the wall. He wanted me to be a scout player at best, maybe steal a base my SR year and shag fly balls all day and maybe throw some BP and ruin my arm. I said no thanks and went straight to the gym and worked on my basketball skills and got really good. I mean really good. Reggie and Cherly would be there, Fryer from CDM, Tom Lewis, Leon Wood would come play some and a little Scottie Brooks now and then. I was thinking maybe I could shoot them up in Europe with the likes of Kevin McGee from UCI. However, when I would run with them I only worked on defense because well, they were a little better than me and I never, and I mean never, saw the rock to shoot and I wouldn't dare try either with my squad. I soon realized I was a adult B league player play at best and that's it. The A league guys were all ex pros and D1 only and they never passed. B league, I was where I was needed and I was having fun. I got the call up sometimes with the A team guys but I didn't have fun because, well, they were complete ball hogs and I wanted to go back to the glory days where I was the star attraction and that could only happen at B League Adult Men's team, not D1 college ball at UCLA which was my dream. All my friends would mock me all the time when I was 11.
The reason I tell you this Fact, I personally got to live out my dreams the right way, through trying and failing until I was 22. I reached my peak and it wasn't good enough obviously. My little goat is only 15 and still thinks she has .05% chance and some of the folks at Vegas Heat and MLVA think so too and The Crossfire, Blues ECNL and players over at LAFC and teams like Santa Monica United before they go merge with Surf just because they want to...….all the Latinos not named Donovan and the girls maybe in Ohio and Michigan. I'm going to do my own research on Ohio and Michigan. Quakes has all the top players in Norcal. They can at least show some competitive love and scrimmage MLVA. Live stream that game and you have a winner I promise.

Live stream these big DA vs ECNL games too and all the college coaches can sit down at home, relax, grab a cold one and actually watch the game on TV and take notes and slow mow it to see if the recruit is truly all in. Parents from the socal soccer forum and other forums across the state can watch and have real rankings based on the action we all see with our eyes :)

Why any team travels outside of SoCal for league games is beyond me. It's a total waste and makes soccer unnecessarily expensive. SoCal clubs need to start throwing around their weight, just as California is now doing with the NCAA. If teams outside of SoCal don't want to come and play us, who cares. We have more than enough competition locally.
DA Folks are getting ready to take a fairly over to Jones Island in the next year or so. Let them be. Koolaide is extra strong and I hear can put you to sleep for a long time. Let's take the rest of SoCal and my advice if you don't mine, include two teams in Vegas like the Heat. We should get real apps to see how many parents have been asked to leave the fields for bad sportsmanship and all the teams up North not named Quakes. We can have 80% games in SoCal and then have a Vegas road trip and one NorCal.

I thought I did but what you just ranted about after I've been on here for the last month or so has me perplexed. I already said sorry to the group and it's like your telling all the new people who don't have time to read the old thread that became live again, the truth. Go to the 2009 thread and read up Fact so you can learn more about the GOATs and why this place is open for business 24/7. Seriously folks, people tell me to stop and go to bed on here. This is open 24/7 and I will come here when I want just like everyone else. In fact, I encourage all the new people joining this round table to look too at 2009. Come back here and tell me what you learned over there with the u9s. This is always going to be about who the #1 team is in SoCal because that usually means #1 in the nation, just saying...... and my goat is 04' and for this dad who only has 3 more years left here (I was gone for the last 3) Look at 2012 age and read everyone. It brought a tear to my eye, no joke. I can't wait to be like @espola and come back 10 years later and see how we all fixed this. Encourage them to be brave too. That's what this new thread is about, not attacking me again and bringing up old wounds. Let it go Fact, I did already. Here's a true story: My dd is on the B team frosh/Soph VB at school. She could try her luck and most likely watch from the sidelines on the A Team and not play at all. But she can tell all her friends she's on the A team, kind of like telling everyone your on the DA team or ECNL team. The reward for some is telling their friends I made the A team and for others it's "we beat JSierra today dad and I played in all 3 games." Cool stuff!!! She wants to play most of the game because that is fun. She is very competitive like a warrior but knows her limits and abilities too. She wants Action and her Action is playing in the actual games. I'm not judging those who look at this youth soccer stuff differently. Some kids want to be just on the team and root their friends on from the sidelines and theirs nothing wrong with that. Again, you have to understand your limits. Mars and PaPa already have all the U9 goats ranked and this is by each teams players. These guys are freaking good now days with all the social stuff. I'm sorry, but this thread is DA vs ECNL and how we got here in the first place. I lived it Fact and I guess I'm here to share a little about my experience so I can get my goat back to be the #1 GOAT again because when she was 8, the bitch told me she was fast...…..

You should have stopped when you said '' When she was 8". 8 yrs old man!! Listen to yourself. Thats a long time ago. She's not 8 anymore. Be happy she's still playing at a high level in ECNL.

Albion was definitely coming for the GOAT players. I’m sure they still will. After last weekends results, they might need to stay persistent. You summed it up. LVSA 03 won the National League title AFTER ECNL/GDA was formed.
You know what @shales1002, I'm starting to smell something bad out in Vegas and how it all went down. The President asked the US Soccer Federation to find the nations best 04 goats in the WHOLE country. The best way to do that IMO is to get the scouts to each state and check out the baby goats and let them play and battle it out openly, in front of the scouts. It seems like the DA had a different game plan behind closed doors with all the adults? DA gets all the applications from Vegas clubs and sets up the interviews. The Top club jumps to the front of line and where I come from, they usually get first choice of whatever they want. However, A smart club (girls first) look at what the choices are first b4 jumping into something because some clubs and coaches care about the girls first, not their pocket book. The interview goes like this to get them to follow their religion/pholosphy. "Kneel and Kiss the Ring or Else! We all have choices to make, some choose to drive 800 miles for one game, some choose to fly to FL and look for Hugs from Bush people, so choose wisely and do as I say and all will go with YOU and Your club." If wise DOC says, "get lost" they will go behind your back and try to send in their WOLF/Recruiter to try and knock off one baby goat at a time with the hope of finding a naïve parent from, lets say a team like the Heat FC. Some naïve parents are struggling to put food on the table and maybe all expense paid everything and all the access could be a little tempting for some. I know I play around sometimes, but seriously @shales1002, is their anyone on that team that can at least give those the U16 DA YNT girls a challenge or are all the top goats at Vegas Albion?

You know what @shales1002, I'm starting to smell something bad out in Vegas and how it all went down. The President asked the US Soccer Federation to find the nations best 04 goats in the WHOLE country. The best way to do that IMO is to get the scouts to each state and check out the baby goats and let them play and battle it out openly, in front of the scouts. It seems like the DA had a different game plan behind closed doors with all the adults? DA gets all the applications from Vegas clubs and sets up the interviews. The Top club jumps to the front of line and where I come from, they usually get first choice of whatever they want. However, A smart club (girls first) look at what the choices are first b4 jumping into something because some clubs and coaches care about the girls first, not their pocket book. The interview goes like this to get them to follow their religion/pholosphy. "Kneel and Kiss the Ring or Else! We all have choices to make, some choose to drive 800 miles for one game, some choose to fly to FL and look for Hugs from Bush people, so choose wisely and do as I say and all will go with YOU and Your club." If wise DOC says, "get lost" they will go behind your back and try to send in their WOLF/Recruiter to try and knock off one baby goat at a time with the hope of finding a naïve parent from, lets say a team like the Heat FC. Some naïve parents are struggling to put food on the table and maybe all expense paid everything and all the access could be a little tempting for some. I know I play around sometimes, but seriously @shales1002, is their anyone on that team that can at least give those the U16 DA YNT girls a challenge or are all the top goats at Vegas Albion?
Sitting at the airport waiting for a flight so I have time to kill on your nonsense.

You seriously have no idea who you are talking to in this post, do you? If anyone got screwed by DA it was this family, but you see they have nothing but class, unlike you.

If you want to rant, go ahead but don’t try to bait others into joining you. I already told you that if you had a problem with private schools allowing DA players to play HS, do something about it.

"The President asked the US Soccer Federation to find the nations best 04 goats in the WHOLE country. The best way to do that IMO is to get the scouts to each state and check out the baby goats and let them play and battle it out openly, in front of the scouts."

Justus, when you say "The President" are you talking about the president of the United States?

"The President asked the US Soccer Federation to find the nations best 04 goats in the WHOLE country. The best way to do that IMO is to get the scouts to each state and check out the baby goats and let them play and battle it out openly, in front of the scouts."

Justus, when you say "The President" are you talking about the president of the United States?
Carlos the Columbian. However, I bet if you ask Trump he would demand that ALL peoples from everywhere that are citizens of the USA, Black and White, Latino and Asian, poor and rich, smart and dumb, HS Soccer and no HS Soccer, Private school kids and Public school kids, kids from Alabama and New York, kids from OH and OR, kids from East LA and Beverly Hills. Kids from San Ysidro and Rancho Santa Fe. Kids from Hollywood and Inglewood, kids from La Jolla and South Central, Kids from Vegas Albion and Vegas Heat, Kids from Strikers ECNL and San Jose Earthquakes, kids from Legends and Rebels...…….. ALL the kids from this great country need to be afforded equal access opportunities to anything called, "United States Youth National Team".....IMHO.

Sitting at the airport waiting for a flight so I have time to kill on your nonsense.

You seriously have no idea who you are talking to in this post, do you? If anyone got screwed by DA it was this family, but you see they have nothing but class, unlike you.

If you want to rant, go ahead but don’t try to bait others into joining you. I already told you that if you had a problem with private schools allowing DA players to play HS, do something about it.
You keep jumping in Fact Checker. Get on your plane, grab a drink and get some sleep and just relax.

Carlos the Columbian. However, I bet if you ask Trump he would demand that ALL peoples from everywhere that are citizens of the USA, Black and White, Latino and Asian, poor and rich, smart and dumb, HS Soccer and no HS Soccer, Private school kids and Public school kids, kids from Alabama and New York, kids from OH and OR, kids from East LA and Beverly Hills. Kids from San Ysidro and Rancho Santa Fe. Kids from Hollywood and Inglewood, kids from La Jolla and South Central, Kids from Vegas Albion and Vegas Heat, Kids from Strikers ECNL and San Jose Earthquakes, kids from Legends and Rebels...…….. ALL the kids from this great country need to be afforded equal access opportunities to anything called, "United States Youth National Team".....IMHO.
Keeping Up With The @Jones, I see clearly how fall a part we are in this debate. How we view America might be a little different, and that's ok too. I love America's wonderful opportunities for ALL of us to get a chance. Your screen logo for one is a trigger for me, SC is the other trigger, and you seem like the one on the opposite side of the debate because everyone of my takes on this issue are dumb in your opinion. Can you please at least comment and share to all of us why dumb? I'm going to say TGIF and most likely call it a weekend and let everyone get ready for their games this weekend. My goat has a break in soccer but will be playing on the B Team with her schoolmates in Volleyball tourney. She wants to win that one too. All the top VB HS in the state. Again, she could go to the A Team and watch from the sidelines and root her friends on and maybe get in for a few plays when were up 20-3 or down 4-20 or hope her friend gets hurt so she get in the game that way. I will confess, when I was a sophomore and had to fight to start on varsity team, I hoped that other guy sprained his ankle all the time (no ACL, only to the other teams star) so I could save us from the ass whooping we were receiving in playing in the South Coast League. Truth be told, it didn't matter who started, we were going to lose in that league. Boy, times have changed now in OC with all the Divisions. We only had four and my little hs with 500 kids played against HS with over 4,000. We didn't wine (drank some) back then because we didn't know any better. We went out and tried to pull off the upset. Regardless how one enters a game or never does, is not my point. The point is you need to know where you stand on the picking order and want you want. I know what you want Jones. Some it's the A team and some it's for the B team. Or, if you might be a little faster or taller (very helpful in big time HS volleyball, packed house too, with all their friends and family from the community watching) you go for the higher calling that comes inside one's little heart. So, you choose Mr Jones :)

Actually several 07 and 08 players moved over to Albion from Heat if those are considered "baby goats". One 06 player came over and is probably the only 06 Heat player that would make the 06 Albion team. It's debatable which 04 and 03 team is the best between Heat and LVSA.
Did those players get anything to make the jump from the #1 team, the Heat? Playing time issues at Heat and the 25% sounded appealing? CM? Were they the true top GOAT players at Heat and just wanted to graze over their for the heck of it and just because...…..? 12 and 13 is the ripe old age to truly know who the top GOATs are. If it's private info and no one is sharing that stuff except on their public website you don't need to share your full ride will all of us if you don't want too.

Walid Khoury, the director of Southern California's Slammers FC, for whom Press played seven years, said, “I’m shocked that the federation never let us know about this.”

Really Walid, you're truly shocked? How could the Federation slip up a small thing like that. I'm still trying to figure out who else besides the obvious got waivers to play HS Soccer last year and why? I would also like to know why no 04's outside the Girls DA made The List and to me, seem to only make it when they were at the right club during "Full Ride Month." Just think how much $$$ that little Santa Monica club gave up. Or, what about the club that raised and nourished the baby goat until she was 12 and then the wolf comes to snatch it up in the dark when no one is looking. Although the small club truly developed the baby goat, the big club seems to be getting all the credit and most importantly in this dads opinion, all the bonus $$$$ that seems others are getting. Last and final question for me personally. Why are there no Latinos not named Landon on the 59 Member US Youth National Task Force? Once I get my questions answered Walid, I will try and find out why you didn't get paid for making CP the stud she is today. Right now, we need everyone speaking up so I'm glad your here for the ride. We can all form a line on Monday at the US Training Center in San Diego with all of our different questions and concerns we all seem to have.

Finally found the ignore button. Let's hope this works for email notifications as well.
Thank you for joining the conversation. With all do respect, let's be nice to one another. I think we all want equal access for all, right? I'm heading to the beach because the waves are good, sun is out and no one is wearing a wetsuit. So I will dream again about being a pro surfer and soon realize that shipped sailed a long time ago but I will still dream it :) I'm not ignoring you if I don't respond.

@Justus it's pretty common knowledge that Heat's 04 keeper is the YNT pool. She has been to at minimum 4 camps and is #14 on TDS. It's easy to sort the info by club. They don't have camps/call ups quite as often since the Concaaf roster issue. Again, not sure why you think the top players are at Vegas Albion. As previously mentioned, for Vegas demographics, the top players are at Heat for ECNL or LVSA for National League. Albion has a solid 06 and 08 team.

Did those players get anything to make the jump from the #1 team, the Heat? Playing time issues at Heat and the 25% sounded appealing? CM? Were they the true top GOAT players at Heat and just wanted to graze over their for the heck of it and just because...…..? 12 and 13 is the ripe old age to truly know who the top GOATs are. If it's private info and no one is sharing that stuff except on their public website you don't need to share your full ride will all of us if you don't want too.

You really seem to enjoy just making things up to fit your opinion. I think everyone gets it that you are extremely (borderline psychotically) bitter towards the DA because of what YOU feel are wrongs suffered by you and your kid. To answer your questions (again) the 07's that came BACK to Albion did so because they were unhappy with the coach they followed over to Heat. I didn't press them for specifics. Again, there is no 25% at 07. Several were starters. Maybe winning at all cost and being the #1 team didn't matter to them. I've seen posters on this board advise that the most important thing is to find the best coach possible for you kid and not chase wins. Whatever the reason, they chose to come to Albion. Others chose to stay with Heat. Freedom of choice. It's a great thing.

Nothing like a front row seat at a therapy session...unfortunately, all too often therapy sessions play out on sidelines as well.

Back