ECNL National Playoffs in Del Mar ... ?

Oh boy Dre, I can;t wait for super cell to answer your question. I'm tripping out this morning bro. My dear friend of mine is giving me sh*t because I think it's lame that the kids who want to be recruited have to fly to North Carolina in June so coaches can see them live. Then, if your team makes Champions Playoffs, the girls are rewarded with flying back to Florida a few weeks later. Kids in socal get no school, no soccer ((unless of course you have your own fields)), have to travel out of state to actually play a league match and now have to fly twice across the country in less then 3 weeks so they can be seen by YNT scouts and college coaches. This is insane.
Hella BOOTSY. Dre’s family couldn’t afford none of that when he was a youngster. You think Lavers and Gallimore are aware that they are excluding folks?

Crush, I’m feeling disoBAYish and I have reconnected with my ROOTS. So, I’d like to dedicate a song to Lavers and Gallimore that my nephews wrote. @dad4 thinks I promote gangsta shit but I don’t, it’s storytelling. Serious question @crush, do you think my family would feel welcome at an ECNL or GA event?

Hella BOOTSY. Dre’s family couldn’t afford none of that when he was a youngster. You think Lavers and Gallimore are aware that they are excluding folks?

Crush, I’m feeling disoBAYish and I have reconnected with my ROOTS. So, I’d like to dedicate a song to Lavers and Gallimore that my nephews wrote. @dad4 thinks I promote gangsta shit but I don’t, it’s storytelling. Serious question @crush, do you think my family would feel welcome at an ECNL or GA event?
Serious question deserves serious thought. I'm doing some soul searching this morning and will share my answer with you later this evening. Me and the wife are going to visit her parents for some encouragement and smack talk with gramps. This guy has seen it all and does not sugar coat nothing. He just wants everyone to be HOT!!!! I will be Honest, Open and Transparent from my heart to your heart. I love you Dre and I get you 100%.

What is the popular opinion from CA teams? Will they be making the trek to Florida in June?
We will probably go but the only reason is that my DD is a 2023 and she has missed a lot of crucial recruiting opportunities. I anticipate that D1 schools will be there in droves to firm up their 2022 recruits and start looking at 2023 and 24. I think it will be awful for the kids to try to play in the ungodly heat and humidity and I will be asking the coach how they are going to protect the players from heat stroke. It the answer is not acceptable, then we will sit it out.

We will probably go but the only reason is that my DD is a 2023 and she has missed a lot of crucial recruiting opportunities. I anticipate that D1 schools will be there in droves to firm up their 2022 recruits and start looking at 2023 and 24. I think it will be awful for the kids to try to play in the ungodly heat and humidity and I will be asking the coach how they are going to protect the players from heat stroke. It the answer is not acceptable, then we will sit it out.
I see two schools of thoughts or maybe three. If your trying to show your skills in that heat, it could help you or hurt you. If you want to play in muggy and dry heat with wind, then you should go and test the waters of soccer in that heat. Last thought, good luck to all the players & parents who are playing. I wish you all success :)

So why do you think airlines wouldn’t provide sponsorship at the elite club soccer level?

1. Airlines are trying to stay financially afloat and are historically always on the cusp of bankruptcy, their entire profit model is based on the cost of jet fuel.
2. Sponsorship works when you have some kind of reach; that is to say, television broadcasts. NWSL teams can barely find sponsors, and you're going to pitch kids teams? A marketing department won't even bother to forward your email internally.
3. How did that Yokohama sponsorship work out for Slammers? Oh right.

Let me help you get it right super cell. I write with satire. I would suggest not going to FL or NC in June and stay local and play soccer in CA. This is a complete joke. Have fun flying across the country twice ((if your lucky I guess)) in three weeks to play a few soccer games. Talk about being desperate to play.
How convenient for you. And no, as has been posted, airlines are not likely to provide discounted rides for charity for families.

With regard to NC and FL, I recommend you stay local as well. My understanding is that your DD doesn't even play ECNL, so it matters not.

However, I would not fault families wanting to make the trek though, since there it is one of few showcase opportunities this year for lots of juniors. After all, east coasters have travelled to CA for it for several years running now. This is no more a joke than any other year.

How convenient for you. And no, as has been posted, airlines are not likely to provide discounted rides for charity for families.

With regard to NC and FL, I recommend you stay local as well. My understanding is that your DD doesn't even play ECNL, so it matters not.

However, I would not fault families wanting to make the trek though, since there it is one of few showcase opportunities this year for lots of juniors. After all, east coasters have travelled to CA for it for several years running now. This is no more a joke than any other year.
What does super cell mean anyways? Your understanding is way off too. Socal was spoiled until GDA decided to have everyone from socal fly all over the country to be seen........lol!!! Plus, they made you quit HS Soccer if you even wanted a sniff at glory. Have fun traveling across the country. I'm staying local 100% and will wait all this crap out. Socal weather is so good right now. Next season will be for all the marbles dude. If we have true, honest, ethical and pure competition next season, then I will look to make some travel plans to watch top level ganas being played at the U18/U19 age. This will be epic :) Have a fun day :)

What does super cell mean anyways? Your understanding is way off too. Socal was spoiled until GDA decided to have everyone from socal fly all over the country to be seen........lol!!! Plus, they made you quit HS Soccer if you even wanted a sniff at glory. Have fun traveling across the country. I'm staying local 100% and will wait all this crap out. Socal weather is so good right now. Next season will be for all the marbles dude. If we have true, honest, ethical and pure competition next season, then I will look to make some travel plans to watch top level ganas being played at the U18/U19 age. This will be epic :) Have a fun day :)
I think ECNL had national showcases well before GDA appeared on the scene, but ok.
per wikipedia:
A supercell is a thunderstorm characterized by the presence of a mesocyclone: a deep, persistently rotating updraft.

I think ECNL had national showcases well before GDA appeared on the scene, but ok.
per wikipedia:
A supercell is a thunderstorm characterized by the presence of a mesocyclone: a deep, persistently rotating updraft.
Love the name bro and the meaning. Yes, all true. We also had way too many showcases scheduled and the East Coast trip was for those who wanted to ball in hot and humid conditions. Then they bailed on SoCal Playoffs for FL. I understand why and its no fault of socal.

Oh boy Dre, I can;t wait for super cell to answer your question. I'm tripping out this morning bro. My dear friend of mine is giving me sh*t because I think it's lame that the kids who want to be recruited have to fly to North Carolina in June so coaches can see them live. Then, if your team makes Champions Playoffs, the girls are rewarded with flying back to Florida a few weeks later. Kids in socal get no school, no soccer ((unless of course you have your own fields)), have to travel out of state to actually play a league match and now have to fly twice across the country in less then 3 weeks so they can be seen by YNT scouts and college coaches. This is insane.

Riiiggghhhttt ... this is "insane" ... Just as nuts as those EVERYWHERE outside of Cali that have done it EVERY year until this'n :oops: ...

Sheesh! Couldn't make yourself look any more narrow-minded and spoiled here could ya crusher? ;)

Back