ECNL National Playoffs in Del Mar ... ?

Amongst our favorite times of the year and typically make family trips of it ... But given the state of fear (no pun intended) out there, guessing it's not gonna happen? Interested to hear what you guys on the ground think?

I think...hope..... things will be allowed by June in Cali...... but California teams won't be in "playoffs" per se.....showcase format only for the Cali teams would be my guess since only the two Arizona teams have played enough games across both SW and NW and time is sadly running out for that to change......

I think...hope..... things will be allowed by June in Cali...... but California teams won't be in "playoffs" per se.....showcase format only for the Cali teams would be my guess since only the two Arizona teams have played enough games across both SW and NW and time is sadly running out for that to change......
CA teams can compete in the playoffs in June with just a little creativity in scheduling if they can play "local" division games by the beginning of April and travel by the end of May. Two months to get the seedings right within the division is more than enough time if games are scheduled to meet that end. Have a weekend of 3 games over Memorial day to determine the conference "at large" teams and seeding among playoff teams and a showcase for those out of the running for the playoffs.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the venue moved to say Colorado or another more soccer open friendly state.

I don't think ECNL is going to wait until the last minute like surf did or does in hopes of pulling it off. Within next couple months if things don't improve or open up might see a change. Man city and other memorial day tournament on the SD county scheduled so those should be the bellwether if last minute decisions come into play.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the venue moved to say Colorado or another more soccer open friendly state.

I don't think ECNL is going to wait until the last minute like surf did or does in hopes of pulling it off. Within next couple months if things don't improve or open up might see a change. Man city and other memorial day tournament on the SD county scheduled so those should be the bellwether if last minute decisions come into play.

I agree with this take.....remains to be seen what role Cali teams will have in the post season..... we need to get back playing on our home turf..........

I agree with this take.....remains to be seen what role Cali teams will have in the post season..... we need to get back playing on our home turf..........

Just playing regularly into a rythm would be nice.

Soo many road games, tournaments, showcases these past two years (60+) forgot what a home game is.

Would be a major bummer but starting to agree with ^ ... Denver or Kansas City just wouldn't be the same : /

I'd guess we also should consider that ECNL have free reign to use the FC Dallas facilities (both Toyota Soccer Center and Moneygram Soccer Park) as part of the plea deal to get FCD Youth back into ECNL. Would save those of us around here some $ but, meh ...

Would be a major bummer but starting to agree with ^ ... Denver or Kansas City just wouldn't be the same : /

I'd guess we also should consider that ECNL have free reign to use the FC Dallas facilities (both Toyota Soccer Center and Moneygram Soccer Park) as part of the plea deal to get FCD Youth back into ECNL. Would save those of us around here some $ but, meh ...

They could, and should move it to the East Coast. Last year was supposed to be in Greensboro, NC but well ... you know what happened there. If I were ECNL I would be looking for some certainty that the event will go.

There was a little news from ECNL (not published that I can find) that they have elected to cancel all cross-conference games. The Showcases will continue as planned. In addition to pandemic considerations, I am wondering if this is to allow the best possible chance for all divisions to get in their division games for playoff seeding. That's just conjecture on my part, but would make sense.

its the SW Conference that never was...........

For the boys 4 games out of state appears to be about the max. 4+ clubs such as Strikers, Surf have had none so far with 2-4 more on the schedule. The rest have planned about 2 games.

All the Jan and almost all the Feb games where scheduled for socal home games that are not happening. Couple out of state game for 3 clubs late Feb late March but there is only about 10 games total for the 14 teams so pretty slim pickings on the current schedule. Without home games soon or a way to schedule them league appears to be a washout unless all of sudden there is a change or everything settles down and May through June comes into league play.

Even if February is out, you still have all of March, April, May and some of June. There are a LOT of weekends available. ECNL is usually off in January and February. They likely play a single round robin instead of a double this year. They will get it done.

On a completely separate note and as a parent of 4 kids that have played in all leagues DA, ECNL, and GA....what is the actual date (I cannot figure it out after reading the darn by-laws etc.), that ECNL allows for tryouts at other ECNL clubs?!! HELP!

Is this a continuation from last years interrupted league play, or is there going to be a new season and games leading to the playoffs? Any words on SCDSL/SOCAL or NPL or other league play openings?
It is this current season's playoffs (Fall 2020 to Spring 21). Last season (2019-20) is long over. Covid ended it midseason.

Is this a continuation from last years interrupted league play, or is there going to be a new season and games leading to the playoffs? Any words on SCDSL/SOCAL or NPL or other league play openings?
Almost every conference in the country has had at least a few ECNL games - and some have played double-digit ECNL games in the current season. I believe it's likely that ECNL will have playoffs whether CA is involved or not. Fortunately, it's looking positive for CA to participate.

Back