ECNL Fall Phoenix Showcase. Will it happen

Quick question for those in the Phoenix area, has soccer resumed 100%? Any concerns or insight if the ECNL Fall Phoenix showcase will happen.

Thank you

League play starts this weekend. Reach 11 where the showcase is held is opening up.

There has already been one sanctioned tournament run in the Phx metro area.
That is great news. Assuming the NCAA blackout gets extended hope they partner with Instat and a good video streaming service!

thanks again for the insight. See you guys in November!

Current list of who is attending...

OK. No D1 schools will be in attendance with dead period extended. Does that affect anyone’s plans to attend?
No, we will be there. My suggestion has been to make these games count somehow. The showcase games are not that competitive and no meaning besides trying to do a trick or two in front of coaches. I say film the games and then make sure the 3-5 schools on your list get a copy of the film or the best parts of of it.....lol. My dd is now is in full swing recruiting mode. The next four months is talking on the phone and communicating. Maybe 25 schools get down to 3 or 4 by the end of the year. Next year you go on your official visits. My kid is doing four visits and then make her decision where she will spend the next 4 years of her life.

OK. No D1 schools will be in attendance with dead period extended. Does that affect anyone’s plans to attend?
I'd guess many Cali teams will go anywhere they are allowed to play - assuming enough families on the team support it. It's entirely possible the only games they get in 2020 will be out of state. My daughter ('04 ECNL team) hasn't played a refereed game of soccer since the week after last year's November Phoenix showcase. College coach attendance won't affect our decision to go.

I'd guess many Cali teams will go anywhere they are allowed to play - assuming enough families on the team support it. It's entirely possible the only games they get in 2020 will be out of state. My daughter ('04 ECNL team) hasn't played a refereed game of soccer since the week after last year's November Phoenix showcase. College coach attendance won't affect our decision to go.
I was asked last night what the over under is for Phoenix Showcase and I said, "tonight, I feel games will be played and I say it's 10 points over the under." My dd started her intense soccer training two weeks ago to get ready for Vegas home opener early November and then the showcase showdown in Phoenix. Kicking and Screaming, the SW 04 ECNL is big time and now is the time for dg to take it up a notch. Many, and I mean many of the top D1 waited to fill their 2022 roster so lot's of spots are still open. It's so time to ball and with no excuses. College coaches want to see who really loves soccer still after all these road blocks and obstacles girls have to go through just to play a silly game. No volleyball soccer for my goat. That's like playing 2 on 2 hoops with trashcans as hoops. Not!!!!!!!

Hmm. You mention trash cans... they’re an excellent training tool! Collect out of the air from a partner and first touch volley into tha can. Try it sometime. :)

Hmm. You mention trash cans... they’re an excellent training tool! Collect out of the air from a partner and first touch volley into tha can. Try it sometime. :)
Giesbock, I hear that might offer 2 on 2 volleyball soccer deals in college in the future.....lol!!! I'm sure all the greats in 2021 and beyond will be able to go coast to coast untouched juggling for a goal. Oh joy, so much fun :) Oh yes folks, this BS the last 9 months will actually help improve the overall skills of the players and they will be ready for Ganas D1 soccer.

That is great news. Assuming the NCAA blackout gets extended hope they partner with Instat and a good video streaming service!

thanks again for the insight. See you guys in November!

ECNL is partnered with Trace, which has zero ability to livestream, forget about the already bad image quality. They would have to bring in an entirely new provider which would squeeze out Trace... prediction is no new partner and only teams live streamed are the ones that do it themselves or hire someone on their own.

ECNL is partnered with Trace, which has zero ability to livestream, forget about the already bad image quality. They would have to bring in an entirely new provider which would squeeze out Trace... prediction is no new partner and only teams live streamed are the ones that do it themselves or hire someone on their own.
Well you are correct Trace cannot livestream. However their turnaround time between filming the game and getting that video back to the clubs/parents is very fast.

So the reality is as long as the games are filmed, any coach could watch any game he/she wants to within just a couple of days of the event.

No, we will be there. My suggestion has been to make these games count somehow. The showcase games are not that competitive and no meaning besides trying to do a trick or two in front of coaches. I say film the games and then make sure the 3-5 schools on your list get a copy of the film or the best parts of of it.....lol. My dd is now is in full swing recruiting mode. The next four months is talking on the phone and communicating. Maybe 25 schools get down to 3 or 4 by the end of the year. Next year you go on your official visits. My kid is doing four visits and then make her decision where she will spend the next 4 years of her life.
what year is she?

Speaking as someone who has live-streamed - to do it on that scale would be cost prohibitive. Besides the camera, rig and operator - you would need bonded internet and an encoder for each field. Maybe you could find a video production company in CA with that scale - but doubtful in AZ.

Now, 1 field dedicated to a live stream ... that's entirely possible. You end up with what DA did during their showcases/playoffs on YouTube. Showcase a few games each day. Maybe Field 1 at Reach (turf field) has a hardwired internet connection - which would be great.

Speaking as someone who has live-streamed - to do it on that scale would be cost prohibitive. Besides the camera, rig and operator - you would need bonded internet and an encoder for each field. Maybe you could find a video production company in CA with that scale - but doubtful in AZ.

Now, 1 field dedicated to a live stream ... that's entirely possible. You end up with what DA did during their showcases/playoffs on YouTube. Showcase a few games each day. Maybe Field 1 at Reach (turf field) has a hardwired internet connection - which would be great.
speaking as someone who owns and operates a media company, you are correct. the data alone required to pull it off would be a massive lift.

what year is she?
Jose, not sure you got the "tip" that I'm now Crush and not Soccerhelper. Anyway, she is class off 2022 bro. I told everyone last year when I was EJ that she would make her three visits before deciding. That is the plan but man, that's really hard to do and some say could be a little risky. What I mean is this. If you send awesome highlight video and a quick "hello email" some will call and get right down to business and decisions have to be made before visit. I now understand what these 8th graders must have gone through with the "24 hour" decision for something that will be for four years but wont happen until four more years.

Back