ECNL Broken?

ECNL are injury central for girls soccer, so they get the attention. GDA was just as bad.
I am curious as to what you think should be changed? My DD has played both DA and ECNL so I have seen a lot of games.

I’m kind of pissed at the safety record of youth sports in general. Too many people willing to watch kids get hurt, then call people “pussy” when they point out the injuries. ECNL are injury central for girls soccer, so they get the attention. GDA was just as bad.

Why pick on Blues?
1- They have a reputation for the style of play that creates injuries.
2- They have the power within ECNL that they could help fix the problem, if they cared.
3- If Blues continue to win by creating injuries, other clubs will try to copy what they do and more girls will get hurt.

I don’t only have a ulittle. I also have an older kid who had to quit all sports after an injury.
Why not focus on Nocal dad? Your starting to get on my nerves......lol. Let's talk soccer in socal soccer forum. You worry about the virus in your neighborhood or town and we will kick it's ass down here. OC is kicking ass and were all red today :) Blues has a style of play that is not for all. Look at NC and you get an idea. My dd chose possession over that style. Direct, in your face and I wont stop until I win, works in socal and it's a choice for each coach. Blues envy is the cause I think for all the jealousy in soccer. Cut throat soccer with cut throat cuts and no parent likes it when their goat is cut or worse, a goat is stolen from one club to Blues Goathood. Goat stealing rubs so many the wrong way all because clubs think they own da player or at least they make you feel guilty as heck for even thinking of a different environment or coach for next season.

Why not focus on Nocal dad? Your starting to get on my nerves......lol. Let's talk soccer in socal soccer forum. You worry about the virus in your neighborhood or town and we will kick it's ass down here. OC is kicking ass and were all red today :) Blues has a style of play that is not for all. Look at NC and you get an idea. My dd chose possession over that style. Direct, in your face and I wont stop until I win, works in socal and it's a choice for each coach. Blues envy is the cause I think for all the jealousy in soccer. Cut throat soccer with cut throat cuts and no parent likes it when their goat is cut or worse, a goat is stolen from one club to Blues Goathood. Goat stealing rubs so many the wrong way all because clubs think they own da player or at least they make you feel guilty as heck for even thinking of a different environment or coach for next season.
I’m not trying to get on your nerves. Sorry about that. I meant to annoy EOTL.

NC? NC has a truly awful record on injuries, too. same style, same results.

The goat stealing is going to happen as long as second tier clubs fail to promote.

Second tier clubs focus on taking rec kids and bringing them up to mid level competitive. They don’t have patches, but if you have an upper level rec kid, that‘s where you should look, because that’s who knows how to help your child.

The problem comes when a rec-silver club stumbles on a goat and doesn’t want to let go. The club should call up the letter league coach and send them over for tryouts. But that isn’t what happens. So the letter league clubs do their best to poach/advertise/recruit.

It's all pay to play! Yes ECNL is more and so was the DA, but this is our system. Whether you play for a big club that supports the elite league or a smaller local club that plays only NPL/CRL.

Yep, it's all play to play. Comes down to how much you are going to pay to play. Other countries do pay to play but not as over the top as here in the US. Makes us unique when it comes to youth sports. Nothing wrong with that, our system, for them most part, works across all sports. When it comes to soccer in the US, it's ironically a game for the more well to do families. ECNL, DA/GA, abc, def, ghi, etc... are a perfect example of it. I am a user of the letter leagues, so I'm being critical of my role in perpetuating them. It's the system we have and I'm thankful I can participate.

Here are some interesting articles to give you perspective:

Pay to play. Pay to get piano lessons. Pay to eat. Pay to live under a roof. Pay to own a car. Pay, pay, pay. It’s almost like that is how things work.
Yep, and if you have priorities then: pay for the roof, then maybe a car. Piano lessons and youth sports are at the bottom of many family lists. Especially when you can play for free at a pickup game on any given night. Perspective is key. Some of the best foot skills I've seen have been on dirt pitches all over the world. Those kids will never see the light of day on a pitch with a blade of grass.

I thought one of the few things Girls DA improved compared to ECNL was the rule limiting the number of games/minutes played over a short number of days.
GDA was more practice, less games, never more than 2 game days in a row. One or two of the practices at the direction of a trainer focused on recovery and strength.

From what i've seen/read so far, the GA is adopting the exact approach.

GDA was more practice, less games, never more than 2 game days in a row. One or two of the practices at the direction of a trainer focused on recovery and strength.

From what i've seen/read so far, the GA is adopting the exact approach.

it could be risky to follow rule set of a league that failed...... I'd thought adapting ECNL rules was what the DOCs who started GA were doing...... DA 3 games in 4 days not too different to 3 game in 3 days as regarding strain on bodies but very different on strain on a family's wallet (hotels, transport)....... 1 game per day I think is a good thing that all leagues (to my knowledge) follow...... so will GA be outlawing HS soccer as that's the main injury contributor.......serious question

but bud let me tell you AZ is doing this return to soccer thing right..... big jealousy from my DD about you guys right now :)

Yep, and if you have priorities then: pay for the roof, then maybe a car. Piano lessons and youth sports are at the bottom of many family lists. Especially when you can play for free at a pickup game on any given night. Perspective is key. Some of the best foot skills I've seen have been on dirt pitches all over the world. Those kids will never see the light of day on a pitch with a blade of grass.

Wow, I don’t know why Cromwell and Radcliffe aren’t out there trolling the dirt fields instead of wasting their time at ECNL showcases. You should give them a call and let them know where to find all these super secret soccer prodigies.

I thought one of the few things Girls DA improved compared to ECNL was the rule limiting the number of games/minutes played over a short number of days.

The DA teams I'm most familiar with trained 4-days per week. Is that normal for ECNL or are they 3? If trainings are normally 90 minute sessions, that's a lot no matter how much you play on the weekend.

it could be risky to follow rule set of a league that failed...... I'd thought adapting ECNL rules was what the DOCs who started GA were doing...... DA 3 games in 4 days not too different to 3 game in 3 days as regarding strain on bodies but very different on strain on a family's wallet (hotels, transport)....... 1 game per day I think is a good thing that all leagues (to my knowledge) follow...... so will GA be outlawing HS soccer as that's the main injury contributor.......serious question

but bud let me tell you AZ is doing this return to soccer thing right..... big jealousy from my DD about you guys right now :)

I've seen schedules that show the high school break. If they stick to their end of the bargain, then HS soccer will be allowed. I can say this about AZ, if the DA had been more openly lenient in regards to HS, the DA teams wouldn't have lost as many of the olders. There was a double standard, behind the back deals that were player specific. Allowing HS is beneficial from a recruiting standpoint and allowed teams this year to basically remain intact. It's why the GA teams are generally stronger across the age groups in AZ. That could change next year, but for this year, it's where it stands. Apparently (and I can't confirm), the DA was going to allow HS play for the 2020/21 season but then, you know, the thing happened. Everything else about the way the DA was structured was very popular with parents. The emphasis on system, style of play, etc. Not every club followed it but it was nice to see structure. The GA certainly hasn't leaned in that direction. It's more of a feel good, its about the girls message. Which also makes parents feel good.

The break in between games makes physiological sense but certainly could be a strain on family wallets - no argument there. Short trips weren't that big of a deal (CA showcases) but spring and fall showcases to FL, NC, or CO could get pricey with the extra day. I do recall some complaints, but not too many. Families adjusted, sent their kid with someone else, etc.

And yes, playing soccer right now feels good. 2 games on the docket for the weekend and first true contact practice tonight - I just saw shin guards sticking out of bags.

Wow, I don’t know why Cromwell and Radcliffe aren’t out there trolling the dirt fields instead of wasting their time at ECNL showcases. You should give them a call and let them know where to find all these super secret soccer prodigies.
Nice

Back