ECNL Broken?

I have not decided on my answer yet, however I will never forget when I found out Water Polo players were treading water the whole time... I was floored!! I was young and thought they were standing and playing ha-ha. (face palm)
@Kicker4Life @Giesbock

I always think of an athlete in terms of what they could achieve, beyond their current sport. Water polo players are ridiculous in their own right and are amazing athletes - big and strong. I don't think your average world class water polo player can train or be trained to cover Tyreek Hill. Speed isn't something you can coach/train. Take a look at Stephon Gilmore. Played football, baseball, and ran track. He was a quarterback in HS and set records rushing and throwing. He's now the #1 CB in the NFL. He has the physical ability to become a water polo player. He may not become the best water polo player, but I bet if he puts his mind to it, he can become a middle of the pack world class water polo player. He's 6'1", 190lbs.

With all of that said, Bo Jackson is likely the greatest athlete to ever set foot on a playing surface.

Lebron would be good at soccer only as a gk..... best athletes argument is a very flawed one......
Fault can always be found in subjectivity, that's kind of the basis of a subjective argument. It's why the best athlete conversation is a fun one to have. There is so much criteria to consider.

Most athletic league - NBA
Best Athletes - NFL corner backs
Best athlete ever - Bo Jackson
Toughest Athletes - Tie: Pro Tour Riders and world class Iron Man athletes.

Definitely sad to see so many of our top players going to Europe but can we blame them??? Better pay, better level of play, chance to live abroad.. All pluses but, yeah super bummed to see most going across the pond...

Is anyone at the US sports / advertising complex Workingon a response strategy to turn the trend around? Maybe Dallas Cowboys Atlanta Falcons, NE Patriots and the likes pump some serious cash behind the women’s game of soccer!?

Hockey players are cool and have a unique skill. I won't argue that at all. I bet you Larry Bird played hockey and decided to play basketball..:)
That's not how it goes. If you play hockey first and then aren't good enough for highest level, then you move to basketball... at least in Minnesota.

Very good response. And any answer is subjective. No doubt that’s true. The examples in the list of athletes was strong. And the mention of basketball in its own and as Dubs suggesting of hockey makes a strong case as well. I agree that these two sports may have the best well rounded athletes especially at the pro/int level. Do you think that most of those athletes based on purely their athletic aptitude (not training in a sport) and physical build (height, natural weight, etc) could actually play soccer at the highest level?
Really hard to say.. some of the faster skaters with slighter build might be suited for soccer... not sure. Good question.

Major league baseball shortstops or shortstops in general may not be the biggest strongest fastest athletes in the world but many who have been around baseball players as well as other sports know that your shortstops are special kind of athlete. The kind that is good at everything. Can play other major sports as well as any position in baseball and will kick your ass in golf ping pong darts bowling tennis pool cornhole paintball. Basically if you had a Sunday league soccer team of old fat beer drinkers and you needed a guy even if he never played soccer before if you got yourself a baseball shortstop he would have a natural feel for the game by full-time

Major league baseball shortstops or shortstops in general may not be the biggest strongest fastest athletes in the world but many who have been around baseball players as well as other sports know that your shortstops are special kind of athlete. The kind that is good at everything. Can play other major sports as well as any position in baseball and will kick your ass in golf ping pong darts bowling tennis pool cornhole paintball. Basically if you had a Sunday league soccer team of old fat beer drinkers and you needed a guy even if he never played soccer before if you got yourself a baseball shortstop he would have a natural feel for the game by full-time

I love that you didn't put commas while listing everything a shortstop would kick ass in... made me pause and ask myself wtf is Cornhole paintball?? ha-ha. I think I just might attempt some of these after some more booze Ping pong darts perhaps? btw my brother would 100% agree with you on the MLB shortstop

It's great chance for the folks at Cactus Cup to put on a great tournament. Q Happy. If goat is playing college ball right now, weather plays a facter always in soccer in AZ or do they cancel? I loved AYSO because we played in the rain and mud and it was a blast. Water breaks is cool too. Time to get tough and go ball in AZ.
Rain and mud won't kill you (plus it is fun) but excessive heat can and does. Always, error on the side of safety in extreme heat. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate, and break in shade if at all possible.

Why not focus on Nocal dad? Your starting to get on my nerves......lol. Let's talk soccer in socal soccer forum. You worry about the virus in your neighborhood or town and we will kick it's ass down here. OC is kicking ass and were all red today :) Blues has a style of play that is not for all. Look at NC and you get an idea. My dd chose possession over that style. Direct, in your face and I wont stop until I win, works in socal and it's a choice for each coach. Blues envy is the cause I think for all the jealousy in soccer. Cut throat soccer with cut throat cuts and no parent likes it when their goat is cut or worse, a goat is stolen from one club to Blues Goathood. !Goat stealing rubs so many the wrong way all because clubs think they own da player or at least they make you feel guilty as heck for even thinking of a different environment or coach for next season.
True, but when a coach develops the player(s) for six, seven years, they are recruited for D1, then they dump their coach and team for the shiny promise of a "National Championship", that is what rubs people the wrong way. And then, ......covid hits! .....So interesting.

I'm hearing MVLA is no longer playing NPL. Believe the ECNL schedule will be crammed into winter spring. Throw in all the showcase and they think NPL would be too much. They will no longer plan to play April Phoenix ECNL showcase for the same reason.

I'm hearing MVLA is no longer playing NPL. Believe the ECNL schedule will be crammed into winter spring. Throw in all the showcase and they think NPL would be too much. They will no longer plan to play April Phoenix ECNL showcase for the same reason.
I take it you mean MVLA‘s ECNL teams are skipping NPL for spring. Or that they are dropping NPL entirely?

Dropping it would be a shame. NPL is one of the things that norcal really gets right. Good games and not too much travel.

Back