Coaching assignments 2024 /2025

Parents also love it, especially if they got extra cash to pay for access and a good recommendation from said coach. That's my issue. AR is a known liar. He has the keys to the Soccer Kingdom, and he knows exactly what the paying customer wants. Who is the customer? Do you know what the customer wants?
The question is becoming - who has access to the keys especially with the club to pro route girls are being promised.
What I liked about AR. He never yelled. He had really good training sessions. He liked the passing game and not boot ball. He didn't teach smash ball. I think the big problem again with soccer in America is what the customer wants and is willing to do and pay to have that access. Do you know what the customer wants? Ask Mr. Singer
hahaha nailed it!

Has anyone heard or know about the new coaching assignments set to come out, looking forward to a new venture and change of clubs the only thing out now is Rogers from Blues ecnl 2010 is finally getting put out to pasture all I can say is about time also hear a few other changes with surf and rebels but nothing concrete.

Interesting what moves happen for the new season coming up.
One can only hope this is true. How many USYNT players can one coach lose and how many spots can both teams he has drop before the club does something about it?

didn't the 2010s just have a national ID camp (not a center) a few weeks ago? a bunch of players?

One can only hope this is true. How many USYNT players can one coach lose and how many spots can both teams he has drop before the club does something about it?
A couple of years ago, some of the top players on his Blues 2006 team threatened to leave if he continued as coach. The club gave in and moved him to the younger teams. Sounds like that hasn’t worked out either.

A couple of years ago, some of the top players on his Blues 2006 team threatened to leave if he continued as coach. The club gave in and moved him to the younger teams. Sounds like that hasn’t worked out either.
Didn't most of them leave even after the coaching change?

Didn't most of them leave even after the coaching change?
For sure they had some girls leave, but most stayed once the coaching change was announced. Several left at the end of last year though. I am not sure giving BH the 06 and 07 teams was a great answer.
This is what happens when you bring a coach in that tries to teach proper soccer to a group that is accustomed to playing boot ball from an early age.
I suppose that could be true for some of the players from that 2006 team, but I'm not sure how it could explain why he failed to connect with the girls his second year considering how many of the players he brought on from different clubs (Legends, West Coast, Pats, Beach, etc). That team his second year was absolutely loaded with some of the best talent in the age group who moved to that team to play for him and try to win national championships. They certainly underperformed for the talent they had. On average, I bet 75% of his practices were just him talking and the girls listening. Lots of stories about the old days and which players he used to coach mixed in with some technical guidance. His evaluation of players often also seemed to be way off base (and I don't mean once or twice), as if he was constantly confusing which player was which. We have been around socal soccer for 30+ years and know several girls from a long time ago who absolutely loved him, so I do believe he was once a really good coach. I am just not sure he is still that guy and not at all surprised by the comments that he isn't connecting with the younger 09/10 girls.

They are playing in a system that promotes boot ball, esp at the younger ages

I've never understood this "boot ball" comment. So if the defense clears the ball up to get out of trouble or plays it 2 levels up because mids are not open that's boot ball? Or is the defenders supposed to go 1v1 if they don't have an immediate passing lane open? I see premier league players consistently playing it over the top. Please explain what boot ball means please because your implying its still happening at the 2009 and 2010 age groups as well. If your consistently just kicking it with no direction or care or intent on where it goes that's what I always thought boot ball was but no team would win at this level playing like that. I would agree some players just boot the ball up because they lack the skill to take the time to collect and make the correct decision but I feel those players are few and far between especially on these top blues teams.

regardless of boot ball something needs to be done about the Blues 2009 and 2010 ECNL teams before its too late. Both were in Virginia last year and the 09's will not even make the playoffs this year and the 10's are barely hanging on to a third place spot. The Blues need to stop the bleeding with their older teams. Being so dominate until these girls turn 13/14 and then having these teams fall apart is not a good look for the club and eventually these parents will realize that and not bring their stars to the younger teams. The 09's and the 10's had a really good squad last year going into Virginia. The 10's were the top team in the nation in defense and that was even after losing their USYNT Camp Invitee center mid during the second half of the season and the 09's had one of the best strikers in the age group another USYNT Camp Invitee.

regardless of boot ball something needs to be done about the Blues 2009 and 2010 ECNL teams before its too late. Both were in Virginia last year and the 09's will not even make the playoffs this year and the 10's are barely hanging on to a third place spot. The Blues need to stop the bleeding with their older teams. Being so dominate until these girls turn 13/14 and then having these teams fall apart is not a good look for the club and eventually these parents will realize that and not bring their stars to the younger teams. The 09's and the 10's had a really good squad last year going into Virginia. The 10's were the top team in the nation in defense and that was even after losing their USYNT Camp Invitee center mid during the second half of the season and the 09's had one of the best strikers in the age group another USYNT Camp Invitee.
Maybe this has been addressed, but what's the reason for the Blues dominance at the early ages and then falling apart with the older teams? I have youngers (pre 11v11) but seeing this trend already...Lots of flexing of championships and W's at 7v7 and 9v9 for Blues teams but then starts to trickle off...starting to see exodus now pre 11v11. Curious as to why that's the case?

Maybe this has been addressed, but what's the reason for the Blues dominance at the early ages and then falling apart with the older teams? I have youngers (pre 11v11) but seeing this trend already...Lots of flexing of championships and W's at 7v7 and 9v9 for Blues teams but then starts to trickle off...starting to see exodus now pre 11v11. Curious as to why that's the case?
Blues gives scholarships at young ages. This is a dinner bell to competitive parents. They're also centrally located and in general recruit a lot at younger ages.

As kids get older players needs change and the top players and parents start to find each other. As this is happening other clubs are better able to provide what older players need. (higher level coaching, better facilities, USYNT placements, college connections, etc)

It's ironic that a club that recruits young players from other teams gets those same players recruited away as they get older.

seems to me that girls leave. At least that's what happening now. They accumulate younger and win and then get older and leave. The question is why? I think we know why for the 09 and 10's. The only older team that is any good right now is the 08's and they are coached by a coach that has youngers as well. 07's and 06/05 have the same coach that has no youngers. So I think we know what the answer is here.....

Back