Coaching assignments 2024 /2025

Has anyone heard or know about the new coaching assignments set to come out, looking forward to a new venture and change of clubs the only thing out now is Rogers from Blues ecnl 2010 is finally getting put out to pasture all I can say is about time also hear a few other changes with surf and rebels but nothing concrete.

Interesting what moves happen for the new season coming up.

Has anyone heard or know about the new coaching assignments set to come out, looking forward to a new venture and change of clubs the only thing out now is Rogers from Blues ecnl 2010 is finally getting put out to pasture all I can say is about time also hear a few other changes with surf and rebels but nothing concrete.

Interesting what moves happen for the new season coming up.
That’s a huge loss if that’s the case. His philosophy is sound although some girls may not be high iq enough at that age to absorb that type of training - maybe the older girls.

That’s a huge loss if that’s the case. His philosophy is sound although some girls may not be high iq enough at that age to absorb that type of training - maybe the older girls.
The older girls did not like him. He had elite talent with the older blues girls at one point and couldn't connect with them. If you watched his practices back then, it was 75% him just taking. I think he might have been a good coach back in the day, but it's been a while now.

Not a loss at all he hasn’t been good for quite some time it’s not the IQ of the players it’s the way he is able or unable to relay the information it’s just time
I think the best move for him is towards the RL side or even the rec side teaching the very very basics to beginner players

Not a loss at all he hasn’t been good for quite some time it’s not the IQ of the players it’s the way he is able or unable to relay the information it’s just time
I think the best move for him is towards the RL side or even the rec side teaching the very very basics to beginner players
Funny “rec side” - I get you - you posted your question as a way to bash a coach and you get extra points with your ageism. However, I stand by what I said. Abner is a fine coach and I think perhaps maybe you’re right with the generational difference of todays players. He should be training more sophisticated players who can grow under his style.

I always thought Abner was an odd fit at Blues from a stylistic standpoint. Players (and parents) seem to either love him or not enjoy playing for him. I think my daughter would have done well under him, but the timing never worked out.

Not an honest coach and lied a few times to my face and to my kid. Hated the Blues, did not like Tad's philosophy, told me he was 100% responsible for developing Marta. I also didn't like him charging for his privates either. Big conflict of interest and based on what I saw, if you paid extra, your kid played. It's all about him and the WNT players he "developed." His word is gold to many college coaches and YNT scouts and he can help or hurt your dd in the recruiting process based on his feedback to the coaches. Not a fan but like others have said, some love him and some are not fans. Good luck with all the coaching changes. It happens every year.

sorry to ask an off topic question but since you're talking about the Blues...what's up with the Blues website? It's been down for a while

Not an honest coach and lied a few times to my face and to my kid. Hated the Blues, did not like Tad's philosophy, told me he was 100% responsible for developing Marta. I also didn't like him charging for his privates either. Big conflict of interest and based on what I saw, if you paid extra, your kid played. It's all about him and the WNT players he "developed." His word is gold to many college coaches and YNT scouts and he can help or hurt your dd in the recruiting process based on his feedback to the coaches. Not a fan but like others have said, some love him and some are not fans. Good luck with all the coaching changes. It happens every year.
Perhaps college coaches have a reason to listen to the make or break voice. Especially today with the new culture of me first, team second on and off the field. You do need to learn to play soccer after all - and you can’t expect every ball delivered to your feet. Tad privates 3 players I know for free… so ? Baker charged a small fee. Should they not get paid like the rest of us? No one forces it - that’s hyperbole

Perhaps college coaches have a reason to listen to the make or break voice. Especially today with the new culture of me first, team second on and off the field. You do need to learn to play soccer after all - and you can’t expect every ball delivered to your feet. Tad privates 3 players I know for free… so ? Baker charged a small fee. Should they not get paid like the rest of us? No one forces it - that’s hyperbole
So lying is ok?

“Our working relationships must meet the values and spirit of our code of conduct. Everyone connected with football must be treated with fairness, respect and dignity. Our third parties must promote a positive work environment by treating others professionally and with mutual respect. We don’t tolerate discrimination, sexual harassment or abuse of power of any kind.” FIFA

Too much power in one's hand Shooting Star. P.S. Tad never did Privates as a coach. I know Bakers did privates as well and if you didn't go, you were called names. I lived it dude, trust me. A coach who yells and screams at children and a coach who makes it very clear you better do extra privates or else is a control freak and full of ego!!

But all good insights as well - some girls love his coaching. some don’t - you are very right about that and it becomes obvious.

But all good insights as well - some girls love his coaching. some don’t - you are very right about that and it becomes obvious.
Parents also love it, especially if they got extra cash to pay for access and a good recommendation from said coach. That's my issue. AR is a known liar. He has the keys to the Soccer Kingdom, and he knows exactly what the paying customer wants. Who is the customer? Do you know what the customer wants?

No. Never. But I have no knowledge of that.
I have firsthand knowledge of liars in soccer and this AR fella is a liar with power. I personally experienced his lies and other Docs lies in youth soccer and when one gains experience through real life experience, they become wise and dangerous.

Parents also love it, especially if they got extra cash to pay for access and a good recommendation from said coach. That's my issue. AR is a known liar. He has the keys to the Soccer Kingdom, and he knows exactly what the paying customer wants. Who is the customer? Do you know what the customer wants?
I personally like AR + think he knows a lot about how to win. However I can see why many don't like him. More modern coaches run up tempo fast paced practice sessions. Concepts are conveyed through repetition. AR would discuss and teach different actions during practice. This might work with some of the natural athletes but not all. Teaching through physical repetition guarantees everyone understands and generally ups the overall physical ability of the team.

I agree that AR is a kingmaker if you're willing to pay. Have heard all kinds of stories.

If you need to know anything else about the guy read this book and pay attention to the west coast coaches that are strongly hinted about.

I personally like AR + think he knows a lot about how to win. However I can see why many don't like him. More modern coaches run up tempo fast paced practice sessions. Concepts are conveyed through repetition. AR would discuss and teach different actions during practice. This might work with some of the natural athletes but not all. Teaching through physical repetition guarantees everyone understands and generally ups the overall physical ability of the team.

I agree that AR is a kingmaker if you're willing to pay. Have heard all kinds of stories.

If you need to know anything else about the guy read this book and pay attention to the west coast coaches that are strongly hinted about.
What I liked about AR. He never yelled. He had really good training sessions. He liked the passing game and not boot ball. He didn't teach smash ball. I think the big problem again with soccer in America is what the customer wants and is willing to do and pay to have that access. Do you know what the customer wants? Ask Mr. Singer

Back