Cal South, phases 0 through 2, permits, and 2021

You are so close to getting it. What do all of those workers have in common? They are wearing masks and making their customers wear masks. Why haven't the protests lead to Covid spread her every scientific study? Most protesters were wearing masks.

Where does this end? When everyone wears masks wherever they go outside their house and we stop big, unmasked gatherings. Or it ends with a reliable treatment plan or vaccine.
So the only way this virus spread so fast was because of no Mask? Do I have that correct Pat or Patti?

I will say this to all you WHO hate Trump. Thanks for nothing!!!! Seriously, I'm so sick of your sh*t it's starting to really really get on my nerves. Ive had to deal with all your BS since October of 2016. All of you tell people who to vote for, what you can;t do, what you have to do in order to be successful in Cali and now white guilty racist liberals are now calling other white people who have served everyone with love a racist. Sick!!! Ive dealt with all of you since I was born and I'm pissed off. First of all, you tried to kill me before I was born. Secondly, your school system sucked and it's even worse today. Thirdly, your all the most selfish people I know. Enjoy the fun until this gets fixed.

Last edited:
Thank God the press doesn't report flu deaths and infections every year. People like you would have been freaking out and shutting stuff down and probably advocating masks as well.

Covid is about 2.5x more deadly than the flu. That is it.

It is certainly not concerning enough to shut down schools, biz, sporting events, adding trillions to our debt, etc. Nor does it make sense to allow some businesses to be open that have hundreds of people in and out each day, but the small neighborhood gym that gets 30 a day in it has to close. Watch the crap show that is public education this year. It is bad enough already. Have them try to do distance learning and see how much harm comes (lack of learning) to those kids in the system, especially low income and minority kids.

And news articles regarding a person dying just leads people to want to make decisions based on emotion rather than looking at the data.

Covid is 2.5x worse than the flu.

Yes, clearly masks and distancing don't work. That's why Japan is struggling. That's why Europe is still struggling. That's why we are the only rich nation that is still struggling.

Covid is worse than the flu death wise when not contained, but more importantly, it's more debilitating to those who get a bad case and don't die. Have you ever met someone who had the flu and years later is still dealing with side effects from that flu? There are hundreds of thousands of people with Covid for whom that is true. And because 75 million people in our country are considered high risk due to pre-existing conditions and many millions more are at risk due to age, there is no plan for opening that won't seriously harm millions on top of those who will needlessly die.

We all love soccer. We all want our kids in school and playing games. Some of us believe in science and experts. Some of us/you don't. Some of us care about others, some don't.

Yes, clearly masks and distancing don't work. That's why Japan is struggling. That's why Europe is still struggling. That's why we are the only rich nation that is still struggling.

Covid is worse than the flu death wise when not contained, but more importantly, it's more debilitating to those who get a bad case and don't die. Have you ever met someone who had the flu and years later is still dealing with side effects from that flu? There are hundreds of thousands of people with Covid for whom that is true. And because 75 million people in our country are considered high risk due to pre-existing conditions and many millions more are at risk due to age, there is no plan for opening that won't seriously harm millions on top of those who will needlessly die.

We all love soccer. We all want our kids in school and playing games. Some of us believe in science and experts. Some of us/you don't. Some of us care about others, some don't.
Are you voting this year? For WHO? Do you have job security? Did you lose your job?

Actually you should look to see what Europe has actually done. Schools, public events, etc have been going on for some time. No universal mask wearing, etc.

Actually you should look to see what Europe has actually done. Schools, public events, etc have been going on for some time. No universal mask wearing, etc.

Yes, look at how they handled it.
Unified with good leadership.
And now they all agree on the strategy to keep Americans out...
Our President has made us a world pariah.
He’s gotta go.

LA County too today said likely no in person classes in LA County. That's the final nail in the coffin for the fall season in LA County. No school no fields. This is coming from County health, not just LAUSD, so it means it would cover private school as well. Told you guys....get out if you can.

Don't forget - 99% of these government leaders are not risk takers, they are not entrepreneurs, they rely on groupthink. That will always be reflected in their decisions. They would never make it in a private sector, creative, competition-based work environment. And they know it.

but more importantly, it's more debilitating to those who get a bad case and don't die. Have you ever met someone who had the flu and years later is still dealing with side effects from that flu?
Nope. Have you met someone years later that is still dealing with the side effects of Covid?

He’s gotta go.
They were not unified in any way. Each country did something different. Even within countries there was variation. Germany had a very decentralized approach to it.

Germany actually fined people for violating quarantine.

We have police departments announcing the fact that they won’t do anything.

Wonder whose quarantine was more effective?

He’s gotta go.
Further note that a variety of countries opened up their schools some time ago, and most are doing in person classes this coming fall.

Didn't make too much of a difference.

US has 330 million people at we are at 135k deaths.

If we add up the major Euro countries who together have close to 326 million people they have 147k deaths.

UK
Spain
Italy
France
Germany

She is probably unaware of the following in Cal: To date Cal has not recorded a single death of anyone age 17 and younger.

Well, it's a good thing that all of those under-17-year-olds don't live with anyone who they could infect, cause the death of, and then have lingering PTSD and guilt for the rest of their lives!

Didn't make too much of a difference.

US has 330 million people at we are at 135k deaths.

If we add up the major Euro countries who together have close to 326 million people they have 147k deaths.

UK
Spain
Italy
France
Germany

Huge difference. How dumb are you?
They’re almost done with it.
We are just hitting high gear.

China locks them up and welds them shut, you want to go that far? What about Chris Cuomo who broke quarantine, despite being a confirmed positive, just to see his new house, and despite the fact that he knew better given all the lecturing he did to everyone and he got his wife sick? Germany's also still struggling with ongoing outbreaks particularly in the East where they didn't have an initial wave.

1. Masks help but they don't help as much as we want. We know that because in Japan mask usage is almost universal but they are still dealing with outbreaks. If masks "worked" and were the magic bullet, they wouldn't be having problems. Part of the reason is because people don't wear them properly (under noses or remove them to talk). Part of the reason is our masks our suboptimal (Spain, for example, based on its studies does not allow bandanas or surgical masks and requires at least cloth masks of a certain density). I'm all for masks indoors in public spaces or in crowds. I think the govt should be launching a program to secure high quality masks. But I don't anticipate they'll do a whole heck of a lot to stop things....there are dynamics here beyond that.

2. Yes COVID is more deblitating. But like with death, it's more debilitating for the old. A 40 year old is much more likely to recover from a heart attack than an 80 year old. We just don't know the specifics yet.

3. The experts have been wrong at everything. No masks, then masks. HDQ works, no it doesn't, yes it does. 1 month lockdown, go out and protests, oh back to lockdown. All the modeling that's been wrong. They have no idea. They are guessing. Honestly, I'll put up my record right now against Fauci's. We can't blindly rely on experts. It's our own job to get educated and think critically. If I blindly listened to the experts, BTW, I'd be dead right now. I've been dealing with a very bad very drug resistant infection....I knew something was wrong but the doctors just wanted to follow their protocols....if I hadn't questioned it aggressively it wouldn't have been the Rona that caught me and my kids would be burying me this weekend. Question everyting people! Your lives may depend on it.

The funny thing is that if we did just this for exactly one month, we'd eliminate the virus from America.

No no no no no. That's not how it works. No nation has been able to "eliminate" the thing with lockdowns except those that caught it really early and are basically islands.. The only thing the lockdowns MAY have accomplished is to limit the height of their curves. Our biggest mistake was doing a national lockdown. We shouldn't have locked down the South or SoCal when their wasn't a huge wave....it just pushed it later back in time. We can't even secure the southern border which is where at least part of the current outbreak is being drive. You would have had to have deployed the military across the border with Mexico and not even let back in US citizens, and you would have had to have shut down all travel between the states (which is prohibited by the Constitution). Even Australia (which did all that pretty much) is still dealing with outbreaks. There's not a whole lot we can do here....all governments around the world have failed....what's so difficult to understand about that.

Dr Not in the face, where did you study at?

Well I can read:

"Most people with coronavirus who have symptoms will no longer be contagious by 10 days after symptoms resolve."

...and I can do math:

"The time from exposure to symptom onset (known as the incubation period) is thought to be three to 14 days, though symptoms typically appear within four or five days after exposure."

Add that up and you get a month? That doesn't take an epidemiologist.

Back