Cal South, phases 0 through 2, permits, and 2021

LA County too today said likely no in person classes in LA County. That's the final nail in the coffin for the fall season in LA County. No school no fields. This is coming from County health, not just LAUSD, so it means it would cover private school as well. Told you guys....get out if you can.

This is a big decision that the higher ups made and they will live with the decisions and history will judge them. It's crazy but all the news I'm getting now is super bad ripple effect news and the sh*t has hit the fan.

LA County too today said likely no in person classes in LA County. That's the final nail in the coffin for the fall season in LA County. No school no fields. This is coming from County health, not just LAUSD, so it means it would cover private school as well. Told you guys....get out if you can.

I thought Plan B was for all distance learning and play A was in person or hybrid? Has that now flipped flopped?

Parents ~ 80% or more on the survey from our district indicating they want in person teaching. All virtual was small %, hybrid a distance 2nd.

I thought Plan B was for all distance learning and play A was in person or hybrid? Has that now flipped flopped?

Parents ~ 80% or more on the survey from our district indicating they want in person teaching. All virtual was small %, hybrid a distance 2nd.
I surveyed soccer parents and they all said they want soccer. However, the higher ups say no. I hear 70% want school to open this fall. Their also saying no to regular school. They are the deciders and since my family follows the rules, we will sit out soccer and school. It doesnt matter what we want.

I surveyed soccer parents and they all said they want soccer. However, the higher ups say no. I hear 70% want school to open this fall. Their also saying no to regular school. They are the deciders and since my family follows the rules, we will sit out soccer and school. It doesnt matter what we want.

Our district is having a zoom meeting in a half hour and I intend to let my voice be heard

Do listen carefully to the options because most of the full day in-person options are not optimal for learning either. Most plans include rotating time with a teacher and time sitting on a computer in a room with a non-teacher supervising or baby sitting a larger group. That means spending at least half the day "distance learning" at school. I don't blame the districts as as they are doing what they have to do to comply with guidance but as much as they are meeting the parent request and providing full day it has a flip side to it.

What's coming down from LA County health is different than LAUSD and the other school districts. If La County health pulls that string, it applies to private schools too.

A quote from your article that highlights the disconnect/problem.

"Zerlinde Johnson has one child in LAUSD and will not be sending her son to school with our current infection rate.

“With that number of cases, I can’t see anyone who would feel comfortable sending their kids back to school. I am not even sending my kid to summer camp,” Johnson said."

So she is clearly scared. Watches or reads the news and talks with her friends.

She is probably unaware of the following in Cal: To date Cal has not recorded a single death of anyone age 17 and younger.

Our district is having a zoom meeting in a half hour and I intend to let my voice be heard
Yup. So many Karens letting their voices heard on these calls I hear. It's called "Open Zoom Mic Night"....lol! Messy, ESPY and Copa are the leaders on these calls, so good luck with that......

A quote from your article that highlights the disconnect/problem.

"Zerlinde Johnson has one child in LAUSD and will not be sending her son to school with our current infection rate.

“With that number of cases, I can’t see anyone who would feel comfortable sending their kids back to school. I am not even sending my kid to summer camp,” Johnson said."

So she is clearly scared. Watches or reads the news and talks with her friends.

She is probably unaware of the following in Cal: To date Cal has not recorded a single death of anyone age 17 and younger.

It's almost as if the concern is not the kids individual safety as it is the fact that these kids live with people who would be harmed by this spreading further, are taught by teachers who would be harmed by this spreading further and go around in a society of people who would be harmed by this spreading further.

In your great state of AZ, a teacher just died of Covid. https://www.abc15.com/news/state/beloved-gila-county-teacher-passes-away-from-covid-19

In our country, at least 25% of people have "co-morbidities"which does not include old people. It's almost as if this is a real danger to a lot people so stopping super spreader incidents might be a good thing.

Kids not being likely do die isn't the point no matter how many times you say it. Until you create a bubble that has only kids in it, putting that many people together is going to kill and seriously injure many others. That may be acceptable to you because you don't see the direct correlation, but it's a fact.

It's almost as if the concern is not the kids individual safety as it is the fact that these kids live with people who would be harmed by this spreading further, are taught by teachers who would be harmed by this spreading further and go around in a society of people who would be harmed by this spreading further.

In your great state of AZ, a teacher just died of Covid. https://www.abc15.com/news/state/beloved-gila-county-teacher-passes-away-from-covid-19

In our country, at least 25% of people have "co-morbidities"which does not include old people. It's almost as if this is a real danger to a lot people so stopping super spreader incidents might be a good thing.

Kids not being likely do die isn't the point no matter how many times you say it. Until you create a bubble that has only kids in it, putting that many people together is going to kill and seriously injure many others. That may be acceptable to you because you don't see the direct correlation, but it's a fact.
Then every single one of us needs to stop what their doing and get in their house, now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What job is safe besides working from home? Is their a job that someone has to risk their life for you Pat and Pats? Gas station clerk? Grocery store manager or checker? Walmart worker? Nurse? What happens if it's 100 degrees and your ac goes out? What do you expect ac guy to do? Risk his life for you so you can be cool? What happens if all your toilets over flow? Who will save you? Teachers have to stay home because one of them died? Where does this end.

Then every single one of us needs to stop what their doing and get in their house, now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What job is safe besides working from home? Is their a job that someone has to risk their life for you Pat and Pats? Gas station clerk? Grocery store manager or checker? Walmart worker? Nurse? What happens if it's 100 degrees and your ac goes out? What do you expect ac guy to do? Risk his life for you so you can be cool? What happens if all your toilets over flow? Who will save you? Teachers have to stay home because one of them died? Where does this end.
or, put on a mask when you go outside, stop hosting parties, no more protests, and use zoom for poker night.

This ends when we all get with the program. If Karen is the only one with a mask, it will last forever.

or, put on a mask when you go outside, stop hosting parties, no more protests, and use zoom for poker night.

This ends when we all get with the program. If Karen is the only one with a mask, it will last forever.
Stop your BS dad of 4. I go everywhere in OC with a mask on. My dd and her teammates did the same as did everyone else I see at GP. OC has been good. Sure, some say FU, just like the protesters. The only problem, the protesters got a pass and we didnt. So, it's time to stand together so kids can play a game, not a tournament. We know how you feel already so you can stand at the entrance to make sure everyone has a mask. No one is saying, "school and soccer and no mask or else" Stop it faker!!! lol!!! JK!!!! LOL!!!! Fool!!!!

Zoom poker? Sounds like an opportunity for a web billionaire-to-be.

Sore ass losers we have here. I always knew who I was dealing with here. It's so obvious whats going. Blow this sh*t up and reboot.

Stop your BS dad of 4. I go everywhere in OC with a mask on. My dd and her teammates did the same as did everyone else I see at GP. OC has been good. Sure, some say FU, just like the protesters. The only problem, the protesters got a pass and we didnt. So, it's time to stand together so kids can play a game, not a tournament. We know how you feel already so you can stand at the entrance to make sure everyone has a mask. No one is saying, "school and soccer and no mask or else" Stop it faker!!! lol!!! JK!!!! LOL!!!! Fool!!!!
I’m with you on games, especially for youngers.

If you are wearing a mask and not gathering, then maybe the “get with the program” comment isn’t for you?

If you went to a 4th of July BBQ or marched at the protests, then the “get with the program” comment is for you.

I’m with you on games, especially for youngers.

If you are wearing a mask and not gathering, then maybe the “get with the program” comment isn’t for you?

If you went to a 4th of July BBQ or marched at the protests, then the “get with the program” comment is for you.
Seriously, stop thinking you're with me on anything. July 4th was closed pal. What are you talking about? BBQ, please.

Thank God the press doesn't report flu deaths and infections every year. People like you would have been freaking out and shutting stuff down and probably advocating masks as well.

Covid is about 2.5x more deadly than the flu. That is it.

It is certainly not concerning enough to shut down schools, biz, sporting events, adding trillions to our debt, etc. Nor does it make sense to allow some businesses to be open that have hundreds of people in and out each day, but the small neighborhood gym that gets 30 a day in it has to close. Watch the crap show that is public education this year. It is bad enough already. Have them try to do distance learning and see how much harm comes (lack of learning) to those kids in the system, especially low income and minority kids.

And news articles regarding a person dying just leads people to want to make decisions based on emotion rather than looking at the data.

Covid is 2.5x worse than the flu.

Many Public schools are in deep financial sh*t too. I wont share why either. Let's get real. All of this BS puts many of them on the CHOP block. I know many teachers and it's bad messy mess. I know we have teachers here and I personally think it's time for all of you to be just like the rest of us and all the others to have no job or pay come this September. Whats fair is fair. You need to be just like us so you can feel what we feel. No job, no pay=WTF is going on!!!!

You are so close to getting it. What do all of those workers have in common? They are wearing masks and making their customers wear masks. Why haven't the protests lead to Covid spread her every scientific study? Most protesters were wearing masks.

Where does this end? When everyone wears masks wherever they go outside their house and we stop big, unmasked gatherings. Or it ends with a reliable treatment plan or vaccine.

Thank God the press doesn't report flu deaths and infections every year. People like you would have been freaking out and shutting stuff down and probably advocating masks as well.

Covid is about 2.5x more deadly than the flu. That is it.

It is certainly not concerning enough to shut down schools, biz, sporting events, adding trillions to our debt, etc. Nor does it make sense to allow some businesses to be open that have hundreds of people in and out each day, but the small neighborhood gym that gets 30 a day in it has to close. Watch the crap show that is public education this year. It is bad enough already. Have them try to do distance learning and see how much harm comes (lack of learning) to those kids in the system, especially low income and minority kids.

And news articles regarding a person dying just leads people to want to make decisions based on emotion rather than looking at the data.

Covid is 2.5x worse than the flu.

A. People have been encouraged to get flu vaccines as long as flu vaccines have existed.

B. People that get the flu can then get effective treatment with a high success rate.

Which of A and B apply to covid-19?

Back