Cal Berkeley Coach (women) abusive

mexico is doing a good job growing their league. I wouldn’t take my kid there instead of playing in college in America. Maybe in 5 years it will be a better bath to pro but right now it isn’t.
Liga MX Femenil is a pro league. Tigres beat Houston Dash of the NWSL and then the Dash won the NWSL challenge cup.

Why wouldn’t you take your kid to Club Tijuana at 18 and let her attend UCSD simultaneously? Do you really think a college team environment is superior to a pro team environment?

I’m also starting to see a trend of players leaving college early. I think the fat lady is starting to sing and the writing is on the wall for college soccer.

Liga MX Femenil is a pro league. Tigres beat Houston Dash of the NWSL and then the Dash won the NWSL challenge cup.

Why wouldn’t you take your kid to Club Tijuana at 18 and let her attend UCSD simultaneously? Do you really think a college team environment is superior to a pro team environment?

I’m also starting to see a trend of players leaving college early. I think the fat lady is starting to sing and the writing is on the wall for college soccer.

What first seemed to be a hobby to the football aficionado Jorge Hank Rhon, has now been projected as a business and institution with many ambitions by his son Jorge Alberto Hank Inzunza, President of Club Tijuana, and co-owner Alberto Murguia Orozco. The president has announced several times in press conferences that the project is far bigger than a stadium and a First Division team. The institutional plan involves football schools and clinics throughout the region, including San Diego and Los Angeles, professional football training, talent recruitment squads; 1st, 2nd, and 3rd division affiliates; foundations and green campaigns, and a heavily invested commercial complex.

Rodman is a different story. Assuming her dad saved a fraction of the money he earned with Chicago, she can ignore pay and do what she loves.

Not everyone is in that place.

Rodman is a different story. Assuming her dad saved a fraction of the money he earned with Chicago, she can ignore pay and do what she loves.

Not everyone is in that place.
I don’t think he saved much money because he’s been playing in TJ.

Everyone can’t wait to play in the NWSL it seems

Attachments

• 44910971-6F6E-492F-9293-F0E6633B0182.jpeg
    44910971-6F6E-492F-9293-F0E6633B0182.jpeg
    420.2 KB · Views: 56
Re the Cal Berkeley coach's behavior, I was recently reminded of this re UNC's Anson Dorrance:

I traveled back down to North Carolina in 2007 to watch Anson Dorrance put his team through preseason workouts...The losers in bogies (a 2v2 drill with a goalie) had to, as Dorrance put it, "bend over." They trudged into the goal area, turned their backs to the field, and put their hands on their ankles as teammates kicked soccer balls as hard as they could into their backsides. ---Warrior Girls, page 216

Re the Cal Berkeley coach's behavior, I was recently reminded of this re UNC's Anson Dorrance:

I traveled back down to North Carolina in 2007 to watch Anson Dorrance put his team through preseason workouts...The losers in bogies (a 2v2 drill with a goalie) had to, as Dorrance put it, "bend over." They trudged into the goal area, turned their backs to the field, and put their hands on their ankles as teammates kicked soccer balls as hard as they could into their backsides. ---Warrior Girls, page 216

Classy guy.

That has been around probably since shortly after soccer became a game. I have heard it called "Butt's Up". Both of my kids have participated. It is harder to hit a butt when kicking from the mark than you would think. Getting hit in the butt or back of the legs by a soccer ball kicked from the mark does not hurt. Every time I have seen it done, there was much laughing by everyone involved. There may be things that Anson Dorrance has done that are questionable, but in my opinion this is not one of them.

That has been around probably since shortly after soccer became a game. I have heard it called "Butt's Up". Both of my kids have participated. It is harder to hit a butt when kicking from the mark than you would think. Getting hit in the butt or back of the legs by a soccer ball kicked from the mark does not hurt. Every time I have seen it done, there was much laughing by everyone involved. There may be things that Anson Dorrance has done that are questionable, but in my opinion this is not one of them.
My daughter U16 did Butt's Up last night at practice and all the girls in goal was laughing. Thought is was fun...

My daughter U16 did Butt's Up last night at practice and all the girls in goal was laughing. Thought is was fun...
well that's the problem...of course the kids are going to laugh at the time. Some of them will laugh because they think it's funny, but so will the kids who find it demeaning. Classic situation of peer pressure, bullying, and unnecessary demeaning conduct. Plenty of other ways to make the losers "pay", including sprints, burpees, pushups etc. Bummer to hear that your daughter's team is doing it at the behest of an adult coach. The kids are also learning that this conduct is appropriate. Just because it's been done 20-30 years ago doesn't make it right either. It's not.

well that's the problem...of course the kids are going to laugh at the time. Some of them will laugh because they think it's funny, but so will the kids who find it demeaning. Classic situation of peer pressure, bullying, and unnecessary demeaning conduct. Plenty of other ways to make the losers "pay", including sprints, burpees, pushups etc. Bummer to hear that your daughter's team is doing it at the behest of an adult coach. The kids are also learning that this conduct is appropriate. Just because it's been done 20-30 years ago doesn't make it right either. It's not.
Seriously???

What’s your stance on participation trophies?

I mean, you did think Alex Morgan was selfish for setting a goal to make the Olympic roster after her pregnancy.

This same lame excuse that was used by the PC police to get rid of dodgeball at school. At our youth after school clubs the kids love dodgeball. To a person they all say its their favorite activity. Adults ruining fun for kids.

You also have it backwards. Exercise shouldn't be used as "pay" for losing, it attaches a negative connotation to exercise as punishment. That's Coaching 101. Although if I did butts up I'd make shooters use their off foot.

This same lame excuse that was used by the PC police to get rid of dodgeball at school. At our youth after school clubs the kids love dodgeball. To a person they all say its their favorite activity. Adults ruining fun for kids.

You also have it backwards. Exercise shouldn't be used as "pay" for losing, it attaches a negative connotation to exercise as punishment. That's Coaching 101. Although if I did butts up I'd make shooters use their off foot.

I loved dodgeball, too, especially being a ‘keeper. When it was voluntary to play. Bend over and grab your ankles, in a pair of shorts? C’mon. What’s the purpose... besides a coach getting his jollies?

How would you react if Anson asked your kid to put on a pair of shorts and grab her ankles on a recruiting visit?

I loved dodgeball, too, especially being a ‘keeper. When it was voluntary to play. Bend over and grab your ankles, in a pair of shorts? C’mon. What’s the purpose... besides a coach getting his jollies?

How would you react if Anson asked your kid to put on a pair of shorts and grab her ankles on a recruiting visit?
Fair point.....but anyone who’s played the game knows you want to show as little surface area as possible so the bending over is logical self preservation....lol

I wouldn't let my child play for him, but you know those are two completely different scenarios. Now if he was playing butts up on the pitch with his hands in his pants that's a different story. I'll admit for college ladies it seems a little silly to play butts up.

As far as dodgeball goes when I was growing up it was always voluntary on the playground, but yet still banned today because of the PC cancel culture.

Back