Cal Berkeley Coach (women) abusive

I gotta admit, I don’t like watching butts up. I’m usually thinking please don’t hurt anyone. Then, hardly nobody ever hits anyone hard, and by the end I’ve changed to thinking they all need a LOT more finishing practice.

As far as dodgeball goes when I was growing up it was always voluntary on the playground, but yet still banned today because of the PC cancel culture.
IDK. Where I grew up dodge ball and smear the queer were the easiest trouble free ways of beating up tattletales. Just pretend to be their friend and invite them to play and everyone take turns pegging their ass until they cry.

IDK. Where I grew up dodge ball and smear the queer were the easiest trouble free ways of beating up tattletales. Just pretend to be their friend and invite them to play and everyone take turns pegging their ass until they cry.
Yep, but just about any activity could be used as an excuse to bully kids. Dodgeball and butts up aren't inherently demeaning or a bullying behavior.

I can only imagine how much therapy EOTL will need after reading this.

Seriously???

What’s your stance on participation trophies?

I mean, you did think Alex Morgan was selfish for setting a goal to make the Olympic roster after her pregnancy.
Not a fan of participation trophies, but that's irrelevant to doing butt's up.

Have no problem with dodgeball. There's a big difference between bending over and grabbing ankles in submission on a "stage" in front of teammates, making oneself a stationary target and hoping that balls kicked as hard as possible whizz past your ass vs. standing upright while looking at your opponent and being able to use your own athletic ability to jump, duck, bend or catch a thrown (much slower than a kick) ball. I wouldn't be surprised in today's world if a cellphone comes out during butt's up to capture the moment a girl gets her ass pegged so that it can be paired to a 2 Live Crew song and posted for the World to see just how much "fun" it was. It's wrong in so many ways. I don't expect all parents to realize it's wrong, but college coaches certainly should, and club/high school coaches should too.

Good memory. My issue with Alex Morgan was the entitled tone of her media remarks. Maybe that was written for her by PR reps or Nike? Have no problem with her setting a goal of being back, but she does not have the talent/skill imo to have a lock on the starting #9, especially not 6 weeks post-pregnancy. Alex Morgan is a lifestyle brand now, not the country's best striker brand, and Nike et al. will not allow their investment to be pushed aside, even if better players lie in wait (and they do).

Yep, but just about any activity could be used as an excuse to bully kids. Dodgeball and butts up aren't inherently demeaning or a bullying behavior.
I was in an all boys class at a public middle school. Teacher was a “tough guy” type.. During PE class he turned into “the coach”. Played softball, flag football, a variant of dodgeball called Munkenai (sp ?) He always made fun of lesser athletes on the field and had nicknames. Back in class he had a paddle with holes drilled into it. Made 6th grade boys bend over and take their licks. Pure humiliation and abuse.

When I read about AD’s trick for getting girls to bend over, it immediately took me back to that year in school. Surprised that it’s allowed.

I remember in 7th grade we had to take showers after PE. My God that was insane and full of boys making fun of other boys who have not started puberty. I'll confess I was a late bloomer :) I tried to get out of public speaking because I stuttered and it was one big, "no.!!! I tried to get out of the shower and I was told to get my ass in the locker and shower up. I wasnt confident like 8th graders who some were full grown men already. Grabbing the ankles is the worse fuc*ing game for any girls or boys in soccer. I dont like the name at all!!! Play another game coach.

I wouldn't let my child play for him, but you know those are two completely different scenarios. Now if he was playing butts up on the pitch with his hands in his pants that's a different story. I'll admit for college ladies it seems a little silly to play butts up.

As far as dodgeball goes when I was growing up it was always voluntary on the playground, but yet still banned today because of the PC cancel culture.

I don’t disagree they’re different, but I think they’re only slightly different. If you’re wearing hockey pants and pads, they’re real different. In this case, in my mind, it’s humiliation, sexual or both. Boner or no boner. Do 18-year old girls/women really need either of those? It’s similar to what Neil has been accused of. If you’re playing at that level, what’s to be learned? I’m all for putting the freshman through their paces, which we used to call “hazing”, but I also think it must serve a purpose and I don’t see one here.

It is insulting to athletes to imply that they would never work hard enough without some sexual humiliation.

I’m trying to imagine ”butts up” at a program where athletes are free to walk away. I don’t think it would last long.

As an athlete I would’ve laughed and joined in. My kids would all be fine with it. Laugh it off or whatever. But I do feel for the kid who wouldn’t feel comfortable or wouldn’t want to do it but would feel too scared to speak up or ask to not do it. For that kid’s sake we should retire these “games.” They aren’t important enough to keep.

Not a fan of participation trophies, but that's irrelevant to doing butt's up.

Have no problem with dodgeball. There's a big difference between bending over and grabbing ankles in submission on a "stage" in front of teammates, making oneself a stationary target and hoping that balls kicked as hard as possible whizz past your ass vs. standing upright while looking at your opponent and being able to use your own athletic ability to jump, duck, bend or catch a thrown (much slower than a kick) ball. I wouldn't be surprised in today's world if a cellphone comes out during butt's up to capture the moment a girl gets her ass pegged so that it can be paired to a 2 Live Crew song and posted for the World to see just how much "fun" it was. It's wrong in so many ways. I don't expect all parents to realize it's wrong, but college coaches certainly should, and club/high school coaches should too.

Good memory. My issue with Alex Morgan was the entitled tone of her media remarks. Maybe that was written for her by PR reps or Nike? Have no problem with her setting a goal of being back, but she does not have the talent/skill imo to have a lock on the starting #9, especially not 6 weeks post-pregnancy. Alex Morgan is a lifestyle brand now, not the country's best striker brand, and Nike et al. will not allow their investment to be pushed aside, even if better players lie in wait (and they do).
2 live crew fan, eh?

Is anyone aware of a girl injured from butts up? Not butt hurt, but actually hurt. No doubt there is a short range where it is conceivable, but the wrongness of the exercise is also inversely proportional to distance.

Is anyone aware of a girl injured from butts up? Not butt hurt, but actually hurt. No doubt there is a short range where it is conceivable, but the wrongness of the exercise is also inversely proportional to distance.

Are you aware of any Hispanic men, wearing lipstick and a dress, actually injured after being told they can’t use the restroom marked “ladies”? Or is the wrongness inversely proportionate to who you empathize with?

It’s amazing how your social justice only applies to gays and minorities.

Are you aware of any Hispanic men, wearing lipstick and a dress, actually injured after being told they can’t use the restroom marked “ladies”? Or is the wrongness inversely proportionate to who you empathize with?

It’s amazing how your social justice only applies to gays and minorities.

You’re really going pretty far out of the way to be racist and homophobic. But that’s why I’m here bigot.

As an athlete I would’ve laughed and joined in. My kids would all be fine with it. Laugh it off or whatever. But I do feel for the kid who wouldn’t feel comfortable or wouldn’t want to do it but would feel too scared to speak up or ask to not do it. For that kid’s sake we should retire these “games.” They aren’t important enough to keep.
I am guessing that all these posters that are just fine with this "game" are dads. Think about it from a girls perspective - it is a sexualized pose. Unnecessary "game"

Your “go to” is getting thin and dated.

Racism and homophobia had always been thin and dated. Actually, that’s far too diplomatic. It’s pathetic. Your bigoted attitude is one of the main reason ls you have not done well in life. Mr. Can’t Walk Down a Ramp Because He S**ts His Pants gave you a brief reprieve, but its over.

Racism and homophobia had always been thin and dated. Actually, that’s far too diplomatic. It’s pathetic. Your bigoted attitude is one of the main reason ls you have not done well in life. Mr. Can’t Walk Down a Ramp Because He S**ts His Pants gave you a brief reprieve, but its over.

No, you are thin and dated. Your bullshit. Your bigoted attitude against women is as vile as anything anybody else has said here about anybody else.

I’ve actually done fairly well in life, unlike your effort to compose that sentence. If you want to insult me, have someone proof your work, fool. Babbling about some fucking ramp. Are you drunk or triggered, because you shit your pants on that post?

Back