Blues Cup 2019

Goats soccer is about getting a chance to play with new players, developing friendships and gaining a deeper respect for players from other teams. Winning is not THE priority. Seeing the girls have fun and playing pressure free is worth so much more than a token medal.

I already do this in 3v3 and Summer leagues and camps.

I would never have my DD play on a team like that because IMO it would be the wrong thing to do.

It’s great that the kids are having fun but this is more about another parents ego. It’s not like the players are from third rate teams. It is top players from top clubs. That only happens by planning and knowing the skill level of the girls involved with some type of motive.

In the old days (2013-2016) no way GOATS get into a tournament like Blues Cup. Wow, how times have changed regarding tournaments these days with the U10s. However, one thing will never change: GOATS will always piss off the other sidelines parents.....BAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHABAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goats soccer is about getting a chance to play with new players, developing friendships and gaining a deeper respect for players from other teams. Winning is not THE priority. Seeing the girls have fun and playing pressure free is worth so much more than a token medal.

Right, keep making yourself feel better. Then maybe you should have asked a bunch of AYSO players who don’t get the chance to play in a tournament like this if winning doesn’t matter.

A chance for top players from top tier teams to play together. And if I had to guess, if any of the are from lower teams, they are likely the best player from that team.

Reactions: Not
Lots of butt hurt people with no skin in the game. A groups of kids, breaking the traditional mold, playing together for the first time, making new friends, creating experiences and memories they will never forget.

Unfortunate it comes at a cost, which is why historically GOATS typically played up a year in less “major” tournaments. It is a tough pill to swallow for anyone to watch a bunch of girls with green paint on their face, laughing during warm ups, eating ice cream before the games and just generally having the time of their lives when there is “so much at stake”.

Lots of butt hurt people with no skin in the game. A groups of kids, breaking the traditional mold, playing together for the first time, making new friends, creating experiences and memories they will never forget.

Unfortunate it comes at a cost, which is why historically GOATS typically played up a year in less “major” tournaments. It is a tough pill to swallow for anyone to watch a bunch of girls with green paint on their face, laughing during warm ups, eating ice cream before the games and just generally having the time of their lives when there is “so much at stake”.
Don't forget green hair.

Right, keep making yourself feel better. Then maybe you should have asked a bunch of AYSO players who don’t get the chance to play in a tournament like this if winning doesn’t matter.

A chance for top players from top tier teams to play together. And if I had to guess, if any of the are from lower teams, they are likely the best player from that team.
Why? The point is to bring people together who only know each other from the Forum and create an environment for everyone to meet and form real friendships. My DD was a 2nd generation GOAT and I’ve remained friends with just about every one of the parents we met that week and my DD is still very good friends with her fellow GOAT team mates.

Hate on it, I understand. But it isn’t about winning, it’s about brining people together.

LIES!!!
Sure honey, let me sign you up for a costly tournament including hotel for 3 night stay, plus gas and mileage expenses and food expenses. Just so can fun and eat ice cream in 100 degree weather in a highly competitive soccer environment. Just so you can have fun. Bunch of BS next time consider Disneyland I’m sure you’ll save a couple
Bucks while your at it

Let’s Just be honest YOU parents wanted to experience winning some top teams, for the first time
Ever BWAAAAAAHAAA!

We never played in a high stakes SoCal Tournaments back in the day like Blues Cup or Surf Cup either. This is new to everyone. Maybe with a win at Blues Cup they get automatic entry into the "Best of the Best" group at next years Surf Cup? Now that would be awesome!!!! I hear the boys down there love the GOATS too :) I was shocked and wouldn't have gotten the news without Dom posting it in RED. This is the greatest news in SoCal Youth Soccer in a long time. I keep hearing, "The girls are having fun."

LIES!!!
Sure honey, let me sign you up for a costly tournament including hotel for 3 night stay, plus gas and mileage expenses and food expenses. Just so can fun and eat ice cream in 100 degree weather in a highly competitive soccer environment. Just so you can have fun. Bunch of BS next time consider Disneyland I’m sure you’ll save a couple
Bucks while your at it

Let’s Just be honest YOU parents wanted to experience winning some top teams, for the first time
Ever BWAAAAAAHAAA!
Cool....thanks for sharing your POV.

We never played in a high stakes SoCal Tournaments back in the day like Blues Cup or Surf Cup either. This is new to everyone. Maybe with a win at Blues Cup they get automatic entry into the "Best of the Best" group at next years Surf Cup? Now that would be awesome!!!! I hear the boys down there love the GOATS too :) I was shocked and wouldn't have gotten the news without Dom posting it in RED. This is the greatest news in SoCal Youth Soccer in a long time. I keep hearing, "The girls are having fun."
That may have been the “fatal flaw” in this 4th generation of GOATS. Not keeping it to a lower level event, I became too high profile.

All these kids want to do it play soccer. Playing with different kids with different styles of play will only help these kids in the long run become well rounded players. We need more not less of these types of pick up tournaments in so cal.

Interesting how at the onset of this thread when the clubs participating in goats were named there was absolutely no backlash....not until they started beating everybody did the haters come out of the woodworks...

Go GOATS!!! I'm surprised that GOATS consists of combined players from separate teams have been able to beat some of the best teams in SoCal.

So the question is at this age, is it the coaching that makes the difference?, technical ability of the kids? or pure athleticism????

This also shows that there might not be a huge gap between the "best players in top teams" compared to the next tier of players/teams in SoCAl.

Go GOATS!!! I'm surprised that GOATS consists of combined players from separate teams have been able to beat some of the best teams in SoCal.

So the question is at this age, is it the coaching that makes the difference?, technical ability of the kids? or pure athleticism????

This also shows that there might not be a huge gap between the "best players in top teams" compared to the next tier of players/teams in SoCAl.
Sorry, have to comment on this....

You are really surprised that the some of the best players from Slammers PA, LAGSB and other top players can’t combine to beat the best?!?!

Newsflash, if you take the top 3 players from any top tiers in any region, you would get the same result.

It’s sad. This is probably the most narcissistic thing I have seen in club level soccer to this date.

And you use the excuse of “but our girls are having fun”

Call a spade a spade and admit this is an All Star team created so that the girls could have fun playing with other top talent from other clubs in the area. All the meanwhile other teams are playing with what they have been given.

I am absolutely positive that USYS would strongly disagree with what you have done.

You are really surprised that the some of the best players from Slammers PA, LAGSB and other top players can’t combine to beat the best?!?!

Newsflash, if you take the top 3 players from any top tiers in any region, you would get the same result.

It’s sad. This is probably the most narcissistic thing I have seen in club level soccer to this date.

Call a spade a spade and admit this is an All Star team created so that the girls could have fun playing with other top talent from other clubs in the area. All the meanwhile other teams are playing with what they have been given.

I am absolutely positive that USYS would strongly disagree with what you have done.
Okay you are putting to much effort and time criticizing this team, and allegedly living 3000 miles away, is it possible you might have been sent home by these Goats. Cant wait for the new YSR rankings that you are very interested in also.

Age is a big factor, wouldn't be as successful at the older ages where teamwork/tactics are more of a factor. Also not sure the GOATS have had such a great run before but maybe that's because this particular group is gelling better than ever. No matter the reason, it's a fun storyline and good way for the kids to enjoy Labor Day!

Why? The point is to bring people together who only know each other from the Forum and create an environment for everyone to meet and form real friendships. My DD was a 2nd generation GOAT and I’ve remained friends with just about every one of the parents we met that week and my DD is still very good friends with her fellow GOAT team mates.

Hate on it, I understand. But it isn’t about winning, it’s about brining people together.
I'm probably the craziest past GOAT parent so don't judge all GOAT parents from dads like me. I know I had a few meAll this today remined me about the "fun" that soccer should be.
Anyways, I’m out. Just had to call out the narcissistic hypocrites.

No more posts on this thread for me.
*It's a rough group on the forum
*Justus speaks for himself. Do not associate other GOAT parents with me. I'm seriously narcissistic when I'm not well. I'm on meds now :)

Blues is happy and that's what counts out here in SoCal. You should talk to them. Maybe they were short a team? I would rather play a group of GOAT all stars at Blues Cup than 6 Slammers teams in a 8 team age group at the Slammers invitational. Plus the girls were having fun and at U10, trust me, they need to be having fun :)

Back