Blues Cup 2019

LOL, you guys are proud of creating an All Star team made up of girls from top tier programs in your area. Anyone could do the same thing in any region if they so chose to do so. The fact that you guys think it’s ok to do something like this says a lot about you. Sure the girls are having fun but having fun at the expense of the clubs playing fair with the kids they have.

That shit would not fly over here. We have “summer” clubs here on the East coast. They play in June and July and it ends there. No All Star teams during big tournaments.

Reactions: Not
LOL, you guys are proud of creating an All Star team made up of girls from top tier programs in your area. Anyone could do the same thing in any region if they so chose to do so. The fact that you guys think it’s ok to do something like this says a lot about you. Sure the girls are having fun but having fun at the expense of the clubs playing fair with the kids they have.

That shit would not fly over here. We have “summer” clubs here on the East coast. They play in June and July and it ends there. No All Star teams during big tournaments.

Blues, Surf , and Slammers vs a parent coach/no fees/everyone plays/no practice/girls having FUN, sounds like the mega clubs should have the upper hand. Those mega clubs mentioned are basically all star teams themselves, and if "expense" means losing to the Goats FC then you as parent might have it all wrong. Take your ball and go home moment :)

You are an idiot @mars you don’t know what you are talking about. It’s girls with parents active on the forum and it’s not driven by putting together an all star team. Girls don’t have a coach, everyone plays out of position. The first year we did it we played up a year. The second year we had a mix of girls from flight one team and flight 2 teams and went out in the semis. Parents and coaches that actually think these tournaments mean anything or have any importance at all are at the root of what is wrong with club soccer. You are taking this way too seriously for 9 year olds.

Sure the girls are having fun but having fun at the expense of the clubs playing fair with the kids they have.

Don’t all tournaments allow 4-5 guest players? This doesn’t sound that different. Blues Cup is a great event with great teams. If a girl’s team isn’t already playing, why not have a fun Labor Day weekend (And I’m slow on the uptake and literally just sorta figured out what Goats FC was today...).

Would you mind just sharing what your objective is here?

Point to me where anyone was “proud” of this team - in particular the families associated with it. If anything people were curious about it as the folks involved have been somewhat low key and under the radar. No one is thumping their chest and certainly no one is talking about any type of regional implications in quite the same way you seem to dedicate a consider amount of your time.

With all due respect, could you just chill on the confrontation for confrontation’s sake? No one has an issue with presenting another point of view from outside the region. But most of us here just want to inform each other and be excited about our kids and not get into a huge argument over every last thing, especially when they are created out of nowhere for no good reason.

You guys keep justifying your actions, lol. In the state I live in they actually don’t allow this type of thing.

Not sure if you have Super Y out there but it’s a summer league out here with the National Final over the Christmas break. An ‘07 girls team with the EXACT same situation, parent supervision/coach made up of top players from different clubs, was kicked out of being able to play in the final.

Say what you want, but everyone outside your bubble likely would call this cheating, creating an All Star team, etc.

Reactions: Not
You guys keep justifying your actions, lol. In the state I live in they actually don’t allow this type of thing.

Not sure if you have Super Y out there but it’s a summer league out here with the National Final over the Christmas break. An ‘07 girls team with the EXACT same situation, parent supervision/coach made up of top players from different clubs, was kicked out of being able to play in the final.

Say what you want, but everyone outside your bubble likely would call this cheating, creating an All Star team, etc.

How is this different from coaches and clubs that create and recruit super teams. Sour grapes.

I’m sure you’re a good guy. But the whining about this is why soccer isn’t fun. You meet new kids, and play pressure free soccer because you love it.

The ones who get made are the ones who cleared space in the trophy case before the games were played. In any tourney, you want to beat the best, not win the easiest.

Lets be realistic here, this all star team was created by a parent/s who's daughter sadly can never make it past semis with her own team. Way to go!!!
Great way to boost her ego, just so she/them can get crushed all over again during fall season and State cup
South Bay flight 2 teams who always get crushed, who Can’t win a battle on there own so they have to use Newport players rated #1 who are strong little players to beat top teams
How does Newport coach allow this?

How about you win with your own team? And take pride in that !!!! Sucka

Exactly it’s called cheating !

Lets be realistic here, this all star team was created by a parent/s who's daughter sadly can never make it past semis with her own team. Way to go!!!
Great way to boost her ego, just so she/them can get crushed all over again during fall season and State cup
South Bay flight 2 teams who always get crushed, who Can’t win a battle on there own so they have to use Newport players rated #1 who are strong little players to beat top teams
How does Newport coach allow this?

How about you win with your own team? And take pride in that !!!! Sucka

Hey buddy. State cup is a joke. All tourneys are jokes. There should be more of this fun allowed.

Sounds like daddy is upset he can’t post inn FB today that princess one another medal.

This really is the best. You want to see carefree soccer, smiles on faces and build relationships - it’s tbis.

Yes, it’s called 3v3 tournaments and futsal leagues. Can’t wait to hear what parents of the losing teams have to say about this.

Anyone could do this, fortunately many states do not allow knowing the implications and how it affects coaches and parents of other teams. This is not about really about the kids. BTW I don’t agree with the 4 guest player rule either. Another reason why Tournaments have different rules.

Meanwhile, a Colorado team is in the final doing things the right way.

Here is the irony of it all. You guys complained about 1 or 2 guest players when you lost to Texas teams but you justify a whole team of guest players from top teams in the area. Hypocrites.

Ethics.

I must apologize for your hard feelings. I can only say that two of my daughters have played on Goats teams and they have been some of their best experiences. The girls play with little to no coaching and both of my daughters have made friendships with kids that they battle against week after week. Creating relationships and having fun while doing it ON THEIR OWN is pretty awesome.

I wonder if Goats had lost would you still be demonizing the parents and children? There hasn’t been a single player or parent on the Goats side running around so excited about any of the wins. It’s all been about watching our kids have an amazing time. And, lets all be honest, at this level of soccer there isnt always tons of smiles and there is a lot of pressure. I can guarantee, whether you like it or not, that none of these kids feels pressure from anyone but themselves about outcomes and are more concerned about whether they have ‘pool time’ in between games to hang out or can they get gelato before they have to go back to the field.

Mars, I’m sure if you were here in SoCal, youre little would be invited and I’m willing to bet you would be wearing the most Goats apparel while your daughter smiles and has a great time. Or hell, maybe you’d be on the sidelines protesting and filming and screaming cheaters. Either way, it would be awesome!

GO GOATS!!!

Would like to get names of all the Clubs the girls belong to. If you would rather keep private that is fine.
How about you stop playing dumb and just post your daughters name since you want her known
Hey buddy. State cup is a joke. All tourneys are jokes. There should be more of this fun allowed.

Sounds like daddy is upset he can’t post inn FB today that princess one another medal.

Sounds like you think your team is the joke
I would recommend you going back to AYSO
I’m sure you’ll have fun making bows and making snack bags ✌

I must apologize for your hard feelings. I can only say that two of my daughters have played on Goats teams and they have been some of their best experiences. The girls play with little to no coaching and both of my daughters have made friendships with kids that they battle against week after week. Creating relationships and having fun while doing it ON THEIR OWN is pretty awesome.

I wonder if Goats had lost would you still be demonizing the parents and children? There hasn’t been a single player or parent on the Goats side running around so excited about any of the wins. It’s all been about watching our kids have an amazing time. And, lets all be honest, at this level of soccer there isnt always tons of smiles and there is a lot of pressure. I can guarantee, whether you like it or not, that none of these kids feels pressure from anyone but themselves about outcomes and are more concerned about whether they have ‘pool time’ in between games to hang out or can they get gelato before they have to go back to the field.

Mars, I’m sure if you were here in SoCal, youre little would be invited and I’m willing to bet you would be wearing the most Goats apparel while your daughter smiles and has a great time. Or hell, maybe you’d be on the sidelines protesting and filming and screaming cheaters. Either way, it would be awesome!

GO GOATS!!!

I already do this in 3v3 and Summer leagues and camps.

I would never have my DD play on a team like that because IMO it would be the wrong thing to do.

It’s great that the kids are having fun but this is more about another parents ego. It’s not like the players are from third rate teams. It is top players from top clubs. That only happens by planning and knowing the skill level of the girls involved with some type of motive.

I honestly hope the girls are having a blast and building friendships.

But as for the people that organized the team, shame on you. You obviously lack morals to know in fairness to other clubs and paying parents that are hoping they’re child has a fair chance to win a big tournament.

Back