Blues COVID email

Since this response yesterday I have been told by a few people that they have Covid. One is a colleague who was scared to even tell me he may have been exposed and worried he had infected others. Other infected were players on my daughter's soccer team. So, your response is timely. You absolutely have the right to assess risk differently than me. You have the right to send a letter to any government official telling them they're wrong or go on a bulletin board and tell everyone how you live, that there are guidelines out there but you're not following them and that your family is doing great and you believe in Santa Claus. You also have the right to complain about wearing a seatbelt, obeying traffic laws, paying taxes, getting pissed off at your employer because he makes you come to the office by 9 am. But you also have the right to give a shit about other people and gut check how you are rationalizing your actions in this pandemic. The girls on the team will probably be fine. I have no idea how they're doing, it's not right for me to ask since I'm not supposed to know since, you know, Covid is not real and Facui is going to hide his head in the sand after he wins the Nobel Prize. But since you know everything, the girls on the team have parents I know, and they're not young and healthy, but I can't reach out to them and ask them if they're ok or bring them flowers or dinner if they're not ok, because, you know, Covid is not real and I'm not supposed to know. These people are in the target risk group and if they get it, they will likely not be ok. So while I definitely don't want you to be giving me or anyone advice on how I should live, because your attitude is to care about yourself and not others beyond your household, you should take a second to listen to the government, not the guy in charge who says it's fake news, but the scientists who know more about it than you, know more about the data, know more about what could actually happen. And more than anything, stop fucking telling people that you know how to read data. Data doesn't show how many people are on venilators and may be scarred for life from this thing. Don't fucking tell people you know anything unless you're a scientist that studies this stuff. You don't fucking know, but because of the guy in charge, they listen to stuff that you say because it goes with the live free or die mentality has us now at the lowest point in American history.

Dude...I’m not telling people anything. I’m sharing my opinion which we all do. You need to chill out. I can assure you nobody listens to a word I say that has anything to do with how these things are managed.

Lighten up...there many people here that have similar perspectives that I do and many that that share what you believe. Lots of discussions and people have dug into their camps. People evaluate things differently. Live with it. No need to get overly emotional.

I said I read information and interpret it like many others. I make my own opinions as many others. Never said I was expert. Which you certainly are not. I doubt there is a real expert among us. Anyway, we all look at things differently.

I never said/do/did half the things you mentioned. You don’t know what I do or don’t do...You don’t know anything about me...But whatever...

Did you get it all out, Francis? You are way, way too emotional for a Wednesday... Are you done with the temper tantrum? I can literally feel you pounding and crying on the floor like a toddler. To get this unhinged on a Soccer Board is pretty interesting. You should really talk to somebody. Your opinion matters just as much mine, which is not much..SMH...You do realize people stop listening and taking you seriously when get overly emotional in discourse. Good thing you can change your handle.

Last I left this with you, I said agree to disagree, I respect your opinion, just don’t agree. Moving on...

Nice to know that I have quality space in your dome. I won’t take up much...Just remember it’s Wobbie06 with two B’s. Good night!

@thelonggame Oh, and one last thing...the people you know that have Covid, if under 55 and healthy are most likely going to be ok....don’t look at my “interpretation” of data...look at many others. It’s gonna work out.

Why do I feel that way? Not just the data that is presented all over the place, but also experiences at at my company we have had about 140 people working there between March and now...have had 9 people test positive for Covid since March....we follow protocols distancing, temp check, sanitize equipment, etc., we do it right...I know that would be hard for someone like you to believe.

EVERY single person has returned to work healthy...even the 61 year old (outside of the 55 age range I suggested). We all have our own personal experiences with Covid and what drives our perspectives. You have two ears and one mouth. You my friend should listen twice as much as you talk.

If it was up to you, you’d shut the doors. Get back under your rock, pull the blankets up, and wait for the all clear.

What is your number of acceptable deaths with Covid? The emotional false choice when you can only see thing through the eyes of Covid.

In California, a study showed that 55% of the excess deaths during a two month period of the pandemic are from other causes other than Covid. In Texas 64% of excess deaths are non-Covid. Nationwide the estimate is 65% Covid 35% non-Covid although 14 states had a higher percentage of non-Covid deaths. Mental health, lack of treatment, starvation and even still births are just a few of the negative impacts. The deaths from these causes due to the lockdowns are not only happening now, but will continue in the long term, far outlasting the virus. So it wouldn't be surprising to see non-Covid deaths from the lockdown surpass deaths with Covid.

Should we ignore Covid and rip the band-aid off? No, we should still protect the vulnerable without exposing the entire population to the non-Covid risks which are far greater than the Covid risks. We've flattened the Covid curve, know its time to flatten the non-Covid curve.

Please bring on the critique of these links, because other than the emotional argument, that's all you got.

The first article is a letter that any member in good standing of the AMA can submit into what is essentially a doctor's version of the our soccer forum. The lead author is a retired medical professor. It's not clear to me what your point is of posting the link.

The suicide article seems to run off in all directions without a affirm conclusion other than that we should do something about suicide. What was your point in including that one?

The next two articles are from political opinion sites, so I won't waste any time on them

The last article includes this -

<<The study, led by Ashish K.C., a perinatal epidemiologist at Uppsala University, Sweden, and his colleagues, found that although the rate of stillbirths jumped, the overall number was unchanged during the pandemic. This can be explained by the fact that hospital births halved, from an average of 1,261 births each week before lockdown to 651. And a higher proportion of hospital births during lockdown had complications. The researchers don’t know what happened to women who didn’t go to hospital, or to their babies, so they cannot say whether the rate of stillbirths increased across the population.>>

Let me help you understand that - the women who were having no problems with their delivery birthed their babies at home or with a midwife, instead of going to the hospital. The hospital saw fewer deliveries in total, but still got all the problem cases. Thus the rate went up.

Since this response yesterday I have been told by a few people that they have Covid. One is a colleague who was scared to even tell me he may have been exposed and worried he had infected others. Other infected were players on my daughter's soccer team. So, your response is timely. You absolutely have the right to assess risk differently than me. You have the right to send a letter to any government official telling them they're wrong or go on a bulletin board and tell everyone how you live, that there are guidelines out there but you're not following them and that your family is doing great and you believe in Santa Claus. You also have the right to complain about wearing a seatbelt, obeying traffic laws, paying taxes, getting pissed off at your employer because he makes you come to the office by 9 am. But you also have the right to give a shit about other people and gut check how you are rationalizing your actions in this pandemic. The girls on the team will probably be fine. I have no idea how they're doing, it's not right for me to ask since I'm not supposed to know since, you know, Covid is not real and Facui is going to hide his head in the sand after he wins the Nobel Prize. But since you know everything, the girls on the team have parents I know, and they're not young and healthy, but I can't reach out to them and ask them if they're ok or bring them flowers or dinner if they're not ok, because, you know, Covid is not real and I'm not supposed to know. These people are in the target risk group and if they get it, they will likely not be ok. So while I definitely don't want you to be giving me or anyone advice on how I should live, because your attitude is to care about yourself and not others beyond your household, you should take a second to listen to the government, not the guy in charge who says it's fake news, but the scientists who know more about it than you, know more about the data, know more about what could actually happen. And more than anything, stop fucking telling people that you know how to read data. Data doesn't show how many people are on venilators and may be scarred for life from this thing. Don't fucking tell people you know anything unless you're a scientist that studies this stuff. You don't fucking know, but because of the guy in charge, they listen to stuff that you say because it goes with the live free or die mentality has us now at the lowest point in American history.
Not to sound mean, but we also have the "Right" not to give a shit about other people. Not that it matters in your topic. As long as I am not taking away the rights of others, I have the right to live my life regardless of your opinion. If your scared of the virus, stay home. Unlike you, I'm not trying to force you to do what I want you to do. Live your life. Don't worry, you won't get covid if you stay home and stay away from other people, wear gloves and bath in hand sanitizer. Im sure you got enough toilet paper to wipe yourself off with.

If you were expecting scientific/medical expertise from any politician that isnt a scientist or doctor i think that says more about you then anyone else. I expect our leading epidemiologist advising our president to tell the truth, or at the very least protect americans. He did neither by tricking the public into not buying masks. Like i said before, covering your mouth with anything is better than nothing is the latest reasoning we got for wearing scarves or DIY cloth masks. He could have said that from the beginning. Anybody with common sense already knows covering your mouth helps to stop spread any germs or virus. I dont know which political party Fauci is, but his poor advice is why there is little trust in the handling of the virus. Fauci was the one that said masks dont work, then said only N95 masks work, then said scarves were good enough. Any President in any party getting advice from that "expert" would look like a fool.

Ok, great, sounds like you support wearing masks. Something we agree on.

Ok, great, sounds like you support wearing masks. Something we agree on.
If thats all you got from the revelation that our so called epidemiologist expert deceived the american people to save ppe for hcws without telling them to cover their face with a simple cloth then i dont think you really care about the american people. Otherwise you wouldn't defend him or the liberal politicians that put recovering covid patients in nursing homes. But somehow its all trumps fault right? Lol

If thats all you got from the revelation that our so called epidemiologist expert deceived the american people to save ppe for hcws without telling them to cover their face with a simple cloth then i dont think you really care about the american people. Otherwise you wouldn't defend him or the liberal politicians that put recovering covid patients in nursing homes. But somehow its all trumps fault right? Lol

So let me understand this. You think all of this rests on Fauci's shoulders? You think Trump is blameless? You think him calling this a "democrat hoax" or that "the virus will just go away" is all rooted at what was communicated to Trump via, presumably, Fauci? Am I to understand you believe Trump has done nothing wrong, and that it's all the "liberal's" fault? Help me understand where you're coming from.

But yeah, I am super stoked you think masks are important.

So let me understand this. You think all of this rests on Fauci's shoulders? You think Trump is blameless? You think him calling this a "democrat hoax" or that "the virus will just go away" is all rooted at what was communicated to Trump via, presumably, Fauci? Am I to understand you believe Trump has done nothing wrong, and that it's all the "liberal's" fault? Help me understand where you're coming from.
I'm not dumb enough to believe a politician or president that has no experience in infectious viruses is going to know the answers to deal with this situation. I feel bad that you think any president does. We look to the experts and the expert said we dont need masks. Keep in mind that the president that knows nothing about viruses was the one to restrict travel from hot spot countries despite the criticism from the left, despite mainstream media saying the virus isn't that serious. These are facts. Trumps actions in january showed he took the virus far more serious than joe biden would have since he admitted trump made the right decision after calling trump xenophobic for that very action. Between the two options in november, biden has shown he would have made the wrong choice. So who are you voting for in november?

I'm not dumb enough to believe a politician or president that has no experience in infectious viruses is going to know the answers to deal with this situation. I feel bad that you think any president does. We look to the experts and the expert said we dont need masks. Keep in mind that the president that knows nothing about viruses was the one to restrict travel from hot spot countries despite the criticism from the left, despite mainstream media saying the virus isn't that serious. These are facts. Trumps actions in january showed he took the virus far more serious than joe biden would have since he admitted trump made the right decision after calling trump xenophobic for that very action. Between the two options in november, biden has shown he would have made the wrong choice. So who are you voting for in november?

Ok, so to be clear. Trump, from your viewpoint, has done nothing wrong? You don't think he could've done anything differently? If you can honestly say he hasn't done anything wrong, then we will have to agree to disagree. If it helps you reflect a bit, I do think there have been some misguided democrats through this.

Actually, I'd love to take this even a step further while I have your ear. I'm curious what has Trump's administration done that has made your life better? How has his policies improved your life? I'm really curious -- no snark intended here. What does Trump bring to the table that garners your, presumably, intense allegiance to him.

Ok, so to be clear. Trump, from your viewpoint, has done nothing wrong? You don't think he could've done anything differently? If you can honestly say he hasn't done anything wrong, then we will have to agree to disagree. If it helps you reflect a bit, I do think there have been some misguided democrats through this.

Actually, I'd love to take this even a step further while I have your ear. I'm curious what has Trump's administration done that has made your life better? How has his policies improved your life? I'm really curious -- no snark intended here. What does Trump bring to the table that garners your, presumably, intense allegiance to him.
I think the fact that trump restricted travel in january 31st and created the coronavirus task force, while his expert was saying this in late February is impressive:

Once again our other choice (Joe Biden) said he wouldn't have restricted travel initially and called trump xenophobic for doing it. Now he admits it was a good call. So I'm choosing the president with better decision making skills. We all know how our democrat leadership has and would have made it worse like pelosi and deblasio in february telling people to come out in large crowds to chinatown.

Other than that, tax reform. Lower taxes is great for people and businesses. It creates more jobs here in the states which resulted in the lowest unemployment we had in 50 years for all every man, woman, and race until covid hit.

First step act, helping to correct the racist crime bill that disproportionately put people of color in prison. A bill that Joe Biden literally wrote and did nothing to fix after decades in politics.

Being former military he has funded our defense department allowing us to gain control after the gains we lost to isis during obama and Hilarys rein.

I'm pro life and pro school choice which biden is against. After all he prevented busing people of color to rich white schools. He's on record saying he didnt want his white kids growing up in a racial jungle.

I can continue if you'd like but I think you get the point.

I think the fact that trump restricted travel in january 31st and created the coronavirus task force, while his expert was saying this in late February is impressive:

Once again our other choice (Joe Biden) said he wouldn't have restricted travel initially and called trump xenophobic for doing it. Now he admits it was a good call. So I'm choosing the president with better decision making skills. We all know how our democrat leadership has and would have made it worse like pelosi and deblasio in february telling people to come out in large crowds to chinatown.

Other than that, tax reform. Lower taxes is great for people and businesses. It creates more jobs here in the states which resulted in the lowest unemployment we had in 50 years for all every man, woman, and race until covid hit.

First step act, helping to correct the racist crime bill that disproportionately put people of color in prison. A bill that Joe Biden literally wrote and did nothing to fix after decades in politics.

Being former military he has funded our defense department allowing us to gain control after the gains we lost to isis during obama and Hilarys rein.

I'm pro life and pro school choice which biden is against. After all he prevented busing people of color to rich white schools. He's on record saying he didnt want his white kids growing up in a racial jungle.

I can continue if you'd like but I think you get the point.

Do you think it's possible your understanding of what Joe Bidden supposedly said is actually incorrect? Here's an alternative perspective worth reading:

On lowering taxes, I'm curious how much that saved you? 5%? 10%? For our family they stayed flat only because we have three kids and the child credits balanced out the limitations he put on SALT tax deductions. I would've thought the SALT tax deduction limits would upset a lot Californians.

I think the First Step Act was good. No complaints there.

As a former military member (by the way, thank you for your service), I'm curious your thoughts on how Trump has disrespected the military? For example, how do you reason about things he's said about John McCain? Also, what are your thoughts on ISIS rebuilding in Syria?

I concur, younger Biden's views on school segregation are abhorrent. I'm curious though, Trump is on record saying all kinds of awful things. How do you reason about those quotes? How do you get over those to the point where you feel comfortable supporting him?

By the way, I appreciate your responses to these. I've always been curious.

Do you think it's possible your understanding of what Joe Bidden supposedly said is actually incorrect? Here's an alternative perspective worth reading:

On lowering taxes, I'm curious how much that saved you? 5%? 10%? For our family they stayed flat only because we have three kids and the child credits balanced out the limitations he put on SALT tax deductions. I would've thought the SALT tax deduction limits would upset a lot Californians.

I think the First Step Act was good. No complaints there.

As a former military member (by the way, thank you for your service), I'm curious your thoughts on how Trump has disrespected the military? For example, how do you reason about things he's said about John McCain? Also, what are your thoughts on ISIS rebuilding in Syria?

I concur, younger Biden's views on school segregation are abhorrent. I'm curious though, Trump is on record saying all kinds of awful things. How do you reason about those quotes? How do you get over those to the point where you feel comfortable supporting him?

By the way, I appreciate your responses to these. I've always been curious.

No, there is no misunderstanding. His comment calling trump xenophobic was on the same day trump put travel restrictions on Chinese nationals. He can spin in all he wants, but that is more than just a coincidence.

Salt deductions upset wealthier California's. Dont forget he doubled the standard deductions. For most americans, doubling the standard deductions are greater than itemized deductions. You would think democrats would be happier about those changes. Unless you just like the government taking your money. In that case you can donate your money just lile the president donates his salary every quarter.

I dont think trumps comments on McCain were cool, but its obvious those comments were to him personally, not the military. McCain isn't exactly the most stand up guy. After all, he left his wife who stuck by him after all those years as a pow after she gained weight from a car crash.

As far as isis in syria, terrorism in general is always a constant threat. We need leadership that will equip our military with what they need. Unlike what we did during obama and Hillarys rein when we literally gave equipment to the rebels who had ties to al queda/isis and other terrorist organizations like the Al nusra front. They literally filmed recruitment videos with military vehicles we gave them.

Which trump quotes bother you? But to be honest if you are voting for the president as a person, you will always be disappointed. Vote for policies. Biden has a long list of racist policies. Trump in less than 4 years made policies that benefit all u.s. citizens of every race. I could care less what a politician says, i care about the policies and the actions they take. So far its been far better than what biden has done. Facts.

Then why are all your panties in a bunch over a few riots? If 400,000 in 12 months plus a year avoidable dead people is no big deal, why does anyone care about some broken windows and maybe a couple dozen people killed?
Avoidable? Idiot! Go back into hiding

Perhaps it’s time to warn or ban people or freeze or delete this thread . It started out ok but now consists of posts that appear to be mainly personal and dominated by a relatively small number of posters who post a lot and recently on this thread are usually not related to youth soccer . And every once in a while some useful post with interesting youth soccer information gets lost in the sea of non soccer posts .

I’m for free speech but Dominic set up another off topic section where people can express anything they want and we can all choose where we want to go and it is his forum so he can set the rules and hopefully enforce them .

Back