Bad News Thread

Something tells me you wouldnt say this in front of a dad whose kid committed suicide, no matter how big you talk on here.
Who would be that unfeeling? Oh yeah the infowars/false flag crowd. You know the type that threaten the lives of, and scream at, mass murder survivors and their relatives. And those people are strong trump supporters. Nice crowd that trump coalition.

They're children you are talking about, who haven't learned how to cope with things and as well who's usual support mechanisms (school counselors, private psychologists, ministers, coaches, big sibling programs) was torn away from them. And some of them are just genetically predisposed to cope better with the stress or if they are high is to not consider the situation stressful (or maybe even pleasant)
Don’t be an idiot. Read what you just posted and then ask yourself where a parent/caretakers responsibilities lie. Children are our greatest resource and need all the support we can give. You just want to argue.

Don’t be an idiot. Read what you just posted and then ask yourself where a parent/caretakers responsibilities lie. Children are our greatest resource and need all the support we can give. You just want to argue.

Nah, it's personal for me. My niece attempted suicide thanks to the stupid anti-child lockdown policies. They couldn't even get her the help she needed because of all the remote stuff. And rather be an idiot than an insensitive bastard.

Because there is so much empirical data on how lockdowns and social isolation affect children. I must have also missed the chapter on how to handle those affects in the parenting manual.

I do agree that our children are our most precious resource, but unfortunately even the best parents can’t always protect their children from anxiety, depression and stress. Especially if they are also under severe stress.

Strength comes from within. Blaming outside entities is a cop out.

Most conservatives would agree with the statement, just not the context it was used in.

You mean white cop out?

Don’t think Husker intended the ‘cop out’ to be racial.

That said, I do think the unintended irony of ‘blaming outside entities’ and ‘cop out’ in the same sentence is ripe following the defund the police movement

I really wish someone could explain rationally to me why they'd want to defund the police. I'm an open minded person, and think that's the dumbest idea ever, and would solve absolutely nothing.

Because there is so much empirical data on how lockdowns and social isolation affect children. I must have also missed the chapter on how to handle those affects in the parenting manual.

I do agree that our children are our most precious resource, but unfortunately even the best parents can’t always protect their children from anxiety, depression and stress. Especially if they are also under severe stress.
Strength, inner strength, to be your own person. Adaptability, to be able to adapt to change. If you are offended blame your parents for raising a pussy.

I really wish someone could explain rationally to me why they'd want to defund the police. I'm an open minded person, and think that's the dumbest idea ever, and would solve absolutely nothing.
Biden wants them to have more money and resources. If one takes all their clues from the worst ideas no wonder you feel like you have all the answers. I guess the opposite would be why does the right want racial purification? Some have suggested it.

Strength, inner strength, to be your own person. Adaptability, to be able to adapt to change. If you are offended blame your parents for raising a pussy.
OK so you can take your argument up with the CDC as well…Guess you’re just smarter than your experts.

“ Meanwhile, evidence mounts of the social, emotional and academic toll remote learning has taken on children, especially in already vulnerable, low-income communities.”

They can’t. The clowns will tell you police aren’t trained to deal with someone having a breakdown or running down the street swinging a knife. So they think we need social workers on standby. In other words, one more person to get stabbed to death before that person runs into a building and takes out 10 more. Even firefighters have to wait on those calls until police arrive. I guess they think superhuman PCP strength and weapons aren’t an issue if you have a masters degree.

Back