Bad News Thread

I complained a lot for mask wearing but I always did. Today, no one is checking nothing. We're free in the OC. My only concern is the new Delta strain coming with the 4th wave out of wherever.
I have had interesting experiences since the changes. I frequent a Whole Foods and a Peets that are next to each other. I forgot Tuesday that masks might no longer be required. I walked into Peets with my mask - all the workers inside had a mask, but no other customers were present - picked up my to-go order and walked out. As I walked out, I realized the normal signage and sign stand outside the door were missing. That's when it hit me that Tuesday was the day. Wednesday when I walked in I saw a sign (may have been there Tuesday) that stated if you are vaccinated and symptom-free, you don't need to wear a mask. I walked in without my mask, the barista (masked as all workers were) said, "Oh, <K&S> it's nice to see your face." I thanked her, we exchanged pleasantries and I walked out. As I walked into the WF, I noticed no signs regarding mask policy - just a sign with some generic "safety protocols". I walked in without my mask. All workers were masked and every shopper was also masked - I probably saw 8 or so people. I put on my mask after a minute or so. I wasn't in the store for more than 3-4 minutes. Yesterday I went into Peets unmasked and the same barista had her mask down around her chin. With a good-natured smile, she stated, "I feel like I'm ready to tear this thing off." We talked briefly about how it is nice to see people's smiles when interacting.

19-Year-Old College Freshman Dies From Heart Problem One Month After Second Dose of Moderna Vaccine
Simone Scott underwent a heart transplant one month after developing what her doctors believe was myocarditis following her second dose of Moderna. She received the second vaccine May 1 and died June 11.

1624024257173.png

I have had interesting experiences since the changes. I frequent a Whole Foods and a Peets that are next to each other. I forgot Tuesday that masks might no longer be required. I walked into Peets with my mask - all the workers inside had a mask, but no other customers were present - picked up my to-go order and walked out. As I walked out, I realized the normal signage and sign stand outside the door were missing. That's when it hit me that Tuesday was the day. Wednesday when I walked in I saw a sign (may have been there Tuesday) that stated if you are vaccinated and symptom-free, you don't need to wear a mask. I walked in without my mask, the barista (masked as all workers were) said, "Oh, <K&S> it's nice to see your face." I thanked her, we exchanged pleasantries and I walked out. As I walked into the WF, I noticed no signs regarding mask policy - just a sign with some generic "safety protocols". I walked in without my mask. All workers were masked and every shopper was also masked - I probably saw 8 or so people. I put on my mask after a minute or so. I wasn't in the store for more than 3-4 minutes. Yesterday I went into Peets unmasked and the same barista had her mask down around her chin. With a good-natured smile, she stated, "I feel like I'm ready to tear this thing off." We talked briefly about how it is nice to see people's smiles when interacting.
Have a cup of Joe on me bro. FYI, I'm drinking coffee again :) I told my wife I tried but I want ((not need)) my coffee.

1624025084031.png

Rancho San Diego branch of County Library yesterday -- I remembered my mask and had it in my back pocket. As I approached the door, a couple of patrons exiting were masked. The sign in the entry said mask not needed if vaccinated, so I continued in. The first three people I saw were staffers - all masked - who smiled (I think) and said "Good afternoon". About half the patrons inside were marked, but the two entering as I was leaving were not.

Rancho San Diego branch of County Library yesterday -- I remembered my mask and had it in my back pocket. As I approached the door, a couple of patrons exiting were masked. The sign in the entry said mask not needed if vaccinated, so I continued in. The first three people I saw were staffers - all masked - who smiled (I think) and said "Good afternoon". About half the patrons inside were marked, but the two entering as I was leaving were not.
Great work Espola. The fact were even talking about all this is insane!!! Seriously, this is what it's come down to? For reals? I'm Coo Coo for Co Co puffs!!!

So here is what we are looking now in terms of employment for different groups. The people who could least afford it got it the worst.

This of course doesn't cover education. I am sure data will show that the lower classes suffered the most from school closures as well.

"The data are damning. They offer yet another reminder that government lockdowns hurt most those who could least afford it.

Some critics argue that the pandemic, not government lockdowns, are the true source of this economic duress. While there’s no doubt the virus itself played some role, government lockdowns were undoubtedly the single biggest factor. It’s pretty intuitive that ordering people not to patronize businesses and criminalizing peoples’ livelihoods would hurt the economy."

--

"Employment for lower-wage workers, defined as earning less than $27,000 annually, declined by a whopping 23.6 percent over the time period. Employment for middle-wage workers, defined as earning from $27,000 to $60,000, declined by a modest 4.5 percent. However, employment for high-wage workers, defined as earning more than $60,000, actually increased 2.4 percent over the measured time period despite the country’s economic turmoil."

Bad News for those who sold out and sold soul to be famous. Jesus was offered the world by the one who has it all but he told the devil to buzz off. Well, Satan looked for others to give what was his to give and boy did he find some willing families to participate. Fame and fortune was the reward. Enjoy the ride.......

So here is what we are looking now in terms of employment for different groups. The people who could least afford it got it the worst.

This of course doesn't cover education. I am sure data will show that the lower classes suffered the most from school closures as well.

"The data are damning. They offer yet another reminder that government lockdowns hurt most those who could least afford it.

Some critics argue that the pandemic, not government lockdowns, are the true source of this economic duress. While there’s no doubt the virus itself played some role, government lockdowns were undoubtedly the single biggest factor. It’s pretty intuitive that ordering people not to patronize businesses and criminalizing peoples’ livelihoods would hurt the economy."

--

"Employment for lower-wage workers, defined as earning less than $27,000 annually, declined by a whopping 23.6 percent over the time period. Employment for middle-wage workers, defined as earning from $27,000 to $60,000, declined by a modest 4.5 percent. However, employment for high-wage workers, defined as earning more than $60,000, actually increased 2.4 percent over the measured time period despite the country’s economic turmoil."

Good point. The government should have been more generous with transfer payments to low income households.

Are you arguing for higher taxes on the wealthy, debt financing to take advantage of the low interest rates at the time, or a reduction to military spending?

:p

"Parents in Florida sent five kids' masks and one adult mask to a lab at the University of Florida. The results were scary and disgusting, for the masks had plenty of dangerous pathogens. The only thing missing from the masks was COVID."

-

"The parents were concerned about potential contaminants on the mask, which is why they contacted the University of Florida's Mass Spectrometry Research and Education Center for analysis. Each mask sent to the lab had been either new or freshly laundered at the start of the day. Then the kids and the adult wore them for five to eight hours. The kids, aged 6 through 11, wore their masks for in-person schooling. In addition, for each mask, the parents sent samples from a t-shirt that one of the children had been wearing. Three of the masks were surgical masks, two were cotton, and one was a poly gaiter.

According to Rational Ground, which reported this story, the analysis showed 11 dangerous pathogens on the masks:

• Streptococcus pneumoniae (pneumonia)
  • Mycobacterium tuberculosis (tuberculosis)
  • Neisseria meningitidis (meningitis, sepsis)
  • Acanthamoeba polyphaga (keratitis and granulomatous amebic encephalitis)
  • Acinetobacter baumanni (pneumonia, blood stream infections, meningitis, UTIs—resistant to antibiotics)
  • Escherichia coli (food poisoning)
  • Borrelia burgdorferi (causes Lyme disease)
  • Corynebacterium diphtheriae (diphtheria)
  • Legionella pneumophila (Legionnaires' disease)
  • Staphylococcus pyogenes serotype M3 (severe infections—high morbidity rates)
  • Staphylococcus aureus (meningitis, sepsis)
Half of the masks were contaminated with one or more strains of pneumonia-causing bacteria. One-third were contaminated with one or more strains of meningitis-causing bacteria. One-third were contaminated with dangerous, antibiotic-resistant bacterial pathogens. In addition, less dangerous pathogens were identified, including pathogens that can cause fever, ulcers, acne, yeast infections, strep throat, periodontal disease, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, and more."

Good point. The government should have been more generous with transfer payments to low income households.

Are you arguing for higher taxes on the wealthy, debt financing to take advantage of the low interest rates at the time, or a reduction to military spending?

My point is the gov royally screwed over those who could least afford it.

Then on top of that we have printed trillions of dollars. Hello inflation.

Shutting down was a very costly mistake, and the affects of that are going to be huge and felt for a long time.

3 experiences: went into Baskin Robbins right behind a couple wearing masks. When they glanced at me without a mask standing in line behind them they jumped. Didn't say anything beyond giving me a nasty stare

went into a popeyes. Lady in front of me saw me without mask, took off her mask and nodded and smiled and said "alright!"

Pet food store. I was the only one of 4 people in the store without a mask on. When I got to the cashier she was polite enough but annoyed I wasn't wearing a mask. The mother with a small kid behind me (all wearing masks) also gave me the staredown.

Inflation is a transference from the rich to the poor. Unfortunately going into the this, the US government (thanks to the Bush tax cuts/Obama spending/and Trump's both) was already overly leveraged and the Fed had interest rates already at historic lows for a very long time. Taxing the wealthy would have been a mistake during the pandemic (since they were the ones spending the most money keeping the economy, such as it was, moving).....if you are going to do it, do it now: but nothing is free...it would have the effect of tamping down inflation (but probably not enough without the Fed taking sufficient action as well) and likely would contribute towards growing dangers of stagflation (though make a high inflationary event less likely). Debt financing is what got us into this (see video posted)....we probably could have ridden the first Trump rescue package, but the second and the Biden spending (not to mention his proposed spending package to come) was too much, particularly without the fed tapping the breaks (which as the video above points out would have caused the stock market to go down). A reduction in military spending might have helped the budget but would do little for inflation and work to push us into stagflation.

The most optimal thing that could have been done was spend better the first Trump package (but government is awful at that) and maybe not do the 2nd and subsequent ones. Or build a time machine and get Bush-Obama-Trump to manage the budget better knowing there would be a pandemic in the future.

Inflation is a transference from the rich to the poor. Unfortunately going into the this, the US government (thanks to the Bush tax cuts/Obama spending/and Trump's both) was already overly leveraged and the Fed had interest rates already at historic lows for a very long time. Taxing the wealthy would have been a mistake during the pandemic (since they were the ones spending the most money keeping the economy, such as it was, moving).....if you are going to do it, do it now: but nothing is free...it would have the effect of tamping down inflation (but probably not enough without the Fed taking sufficient action as well) and likely would contribute towards growing dangers of stagflation (though make a high inflationary event less likely). Debt financing is what got us into this (see video posted)....we probably could have ridden the first Trump rescue package, but the second and the Biden spending (not to mention his proposed spending package to come) was too much, particularly without the fed tapping the breaks (which as the video above points out would have caused the stock market to go down). A reduction in military spending might have helped the budget but would do little for inflation and work to push us into stagflation.

The most optimal thing that could have been done was spend better the first Trump package (but government is awful at that) and maybe not do the 2nd and subsequent ones. Or build a time machine and get Bush-Obama-Trump to manage the budget better knowing there would be a pandemic in the future.
opposite poor to rich

My only experience thus far, (since mandate lifted..) Went into Target and the lady in front of me, (who was masked,) asked the store security officer "Do you still require masks"? And he replied, "It's now your personal choice". And she replied "Oh fucking great- let's see how many idiots take their masks off".
Even though I personally don't care about wearing a mask, (meaning whatever, if we need to so be it,) her reply is just as bad as the ones refusing to wear them. There is no commonsense living within the extreme.

3 experiences: went into Baskin Robbins right behind a couple wearing masks. When they glanced at me without a mask standing in line behind them they jumped. Didn't say anything beyond giving me a nasty stare

went into a popeyes. Lady in front of me saw me without mask, took off her mask and nodded and smiled and said "alright!"

Pet food store. I was the only one of 4 people in the store without a mask on. When I got to the cashier she was polite enough but annoyed I wasn't wearing a mask. The mother with a small kid behind me (all wearing masks) also gave me the staredown.
I just have to laugh at my self for being such a victim of peer pressure. Wednesday I go into a Home Depot in Santee (affectionally called Klantee by some) with a mask in hand. I can see from outside the door that many aren't wearing masks. So mask goes in my pocket and I go about my business. Yesterday I walk up to Home Depot in Mission Valley with mask in pocket, as far as I can tell everyone is wearing a mask, so mask comes out of pocket and on to face. Ironically both these stores are off the same road but about 6 miles apart, but each area leans a different direction.

I guess I'm just desperate to be accepted! :D

My only experience thus far, (since mandate lifted..) Went into Target and the lady in front of me, (who was masked,) asked the store security officer "Do you still require masks"? And he replied, "It's now your personal choice". And she replied "Oh fucking great- let's see how many idiots take their masks off".
Even though I personally don't care about wearing a mask, (meaning whatever, if we need to so be it,) her reply is just as bad as the ones refusing to wear them. There is no commonsense living within the extreme.
For the sake of peace, me and the wife will wear our mask, just like we always do. We talked last night and we think it's best. Some ((we know who they are)) people who got their shots feel they deserve a maskless life now, while deplorables like me who chose healthy life style, need to be punished for being disobedient. Can I still say it's complete BS and 100% killed small biz and small Thai food places were killed? Plus, the kids lost almost two years off their best years all because...

I just have to laugh at my self for being such a victim of peer pressure. Wednesday I go into a Home Depot in Santee (affectionally called Klantee by some) with a mask in hand. I can see from outside the door that many aren't wearing masks. So mask goes in my pocket and I go about my business. Yesterday I walk up to Home Depot in Mission Valley with mask in pocket, as far as I can tell everyone is wearing a mask, so mask comes out of pocket and on to face. Ironically both these stores are off the same road but about 6 miles apart, but each area leans a different direction.

I guess I'm just desperate to be accepted! :D
I look at it as avoiding a confrontation. Acceptance is so much more complicated ;)

Back