Bad News Thread

You refuse health treatment if they don’t want it, ie DNR. You never force it against a patient’s will.

How do you not see the difference when the ‘Health Professionals’ are forcing healthy, non consenting individuals to adhere to their policy.

Note the difference between health treatment and health policy.

As a side note, I have much respect for @dad4. He has been consistent in his opinion and for the most part avoided personal attacks to make his point.

He has been proven to be somewhat accurate in his predictions of peak infections in CA and adds value to this discussion on a regular basis.

Just a reminder to all, more dissenting voices to a particular viewpoint on an online forum doesn’t invalidate the other position.

Today I heard that there will be a flex alert tomorrow. People are being asked to refrain from using their appliances so as to not overload our grid.

I have solar and we feed the grid. Why should we be penalized because others do not have solar? They should only require those people who choose not to have solar to refrain from using their ac units when it's 99 outside. We paid zero out of pocket to have it installed so anyone can do it.

I mean, isn't Global Warming/ Climate Change the biggest threat to humanity? Shouldn't we be given lottery tickets, pre-paid credit cards, free meals and special rights because we are helping in the fight against humanities greatest threat...

78°F is too hot for you?

Couldn’t this place healthy children at risk of a severe outcome from the vaccine who had an extremely low likelihood of getting sick at all? "
People under 24 have no risk. At this point into covid you have had slightly more than 300 people under the age of 24 die from covid.

Based on those numbers there is no need to run out and vaccinate them. More people in this age group die from the flu.

It amazes me watching people say we have to get this group vaccinated. Why?

As a side note, I have much respect for @dad4. He has been consistent in his opinion and for the most part avoided personal attacks to make his point.

He has been proven to be somewhat accurate in his predictions of peak infections in CA and adds value to this discussion on a regular basis.

Just a reminder to all, more dissenting voices to a particular viewpoint on an online forum doesn’t invalidate the other position.
1. I really respect his math skills. He and I have agreed on many predictions but disagree on the scope of the resulting predictions and what we should do about it because we disagree on the weight to be given input variables
2. He’s keeping awful company which should be a sign he should check himself
3. He is a closet authoritarian as I and others have observed
4. He then considers this a personal attack. It’s not. It’s an observation of the reality of the situation which he just doesn’t want to hear.
5. when pushed into a corner and his views come under heavy scrutiny he then lashes out with similar person attacks against the other side.YeahI know it’s a defense mechanism. But like the tournament thing it makes him a bit of a hypocrite since he chooses the Schtick of crying personal attack
6. It’s very clear he holds team reality in utter contempt. Looks down on them for not being as educated or as virtuous as himself. You see it in the tone, words he puts in people’s mouths a d comments directed at myself, hound, bruddah multi sport and others.
7. this comes from his trust the expert mentality which comes from a place not just ofbelieving the experts to be right but want to protect the rule by meritocracy ideology which shapes his politics, no doubt because he identifies with the class (and from which I’m an apostate).
8. More recently as the walls have crumbled around his position and even the politicians have chosen to not accept his prescribed positions such as masks for ever he has gotten a bit more testy
9. Nevertheless I welcome his views. He has good insights and the debate is welcome
10. At this point though with him we are debating (not always but for the most part) religion and well we all know how those conversations with other people tend to go

Without @dad4, there would be much less to discuss. In the beginning, there were quite a few posters on here that had a perspective similar to @dad4. I guess they just didn't have the "stamina" (many less complimentary words also apply) to continue a year-long debate on masks and appropriate use of power w.r.t. the virus.

I find it refreshing to be able to come on here and freely express my perspective. I would be very careful openly discussing much of this with the soccer parents I know - and I really like the soccer parents on my daughter's team. It feels there is a rising intolerance for certain perspectives and many people will be "done with" another if they find one perspective outside of their self-determined norm.

1. I really respect his math skills. He and I have agreed on many predictions but disagree on the scope of the resulting predictions and what we should do about it because we disagree on the weight to be given input variables
2. He’s keeping awful company which should be a sign he should check himself
3. He is a closet authoritarian as I and others have observed
4. He then considers this a personal attack. It’s not. It’s an observation of the reality of the situation which he just doesn’t want to hear.
5. when pushed into a corner and his views come under heavy scrutiny he then lashes out with similar person attacks against the other side.YeahI know it’s a defense mechanism. But like the tournament thing it makes him a bit of a hypocrite since he chooses the Schtick of crying personal attack
6. It’s very clear he holds team reality in utter contempt. Looks down on them for not being as educated or as virtuous as himself. You see it in the tone, words he puts in people’s mouths a d comments directed at myself, hound, bruddah multi sport and others.
7. this comes from his trust the expert mentality which comes from a place not just ofbelieving the experts to be right but want to protect the rule by meritocracy ideology which shapes his politics, no doubt because he identifies with the class (and from which I’m an apostate).
8. More recently as the walls have crumbled around his position and even the politicians have chosen to not accept his prescribed positions such as masks for ever he has gotten a bit more testy
9. Nevertheless I welcome his views. He has good insights and the debate is welcome
10. At this point though with him we are debating (not always but for the most part) religion and well we all know how those conversations with other people tend to go

You do really well with strawmen.

Part of the Flex Alert calls for setting indoor AC at 78°F or above.
Why should I? I have Solar. I should be treated differently since I'm fighting the GW war and my neighbor is not. Let me 80 year old neighbor set hers to 85 while I do 71...

Or does this line of thinking only work for vaccines...

Without @dad4, there would be much less to discuss. In the beginning, there were quite a few posters on here that had a perspective similar to @dad4. I guess they just didn't have the "stamina" (many less complimentary words also apply) to continue a year-long debate on masks and appropriate use of power w.r.t. the virus.

I find it refreshing to be able to come on here and freely express my perspective. I would be very careful openly discussing much of this with the soccer parents I know - and I really like the soccer parents on my daughter's team. It feels there is a rising intolerance for certain perspectives and many people will be "done with" another if they find one perspective outside of their self-determined norm.
Dad4 is a good guy, he is just an unflinching product of his environment...as am I. (Of course, I would argue his environment is narrowly focused). He envisions an America where government involvement takes precedent over individual self reliance and liberty. The way things are going he may get his wish. Now in his defense, you can't have freedom without responsibility and lately individual accountability and responsibility seem to be lacking. Whether that's a product of the ever growing victim mentality, or the victim mentality is a product of it, is not totally clear, although I believe its the former.

Why should I? I have Solar. I should be treated differently since I'm fighting the GW war and my neighbor is not. Let me 80 year old neighbor set hers to 85 while I do 71...

That's what I thought.

Please continue.

Dad4 is a good guy, he is just an unflinching product of his environment...as am I. (Of course, I would argue his environment is narrowly focused). He envisions an America where government involvement takes precedent over individual self reliance and liberty. The way things are going he may get his wish. Now in his defense, you can't have freedom without responsibility and lately individual accountability and responsibility seem to be lacking. Whether that's a product of the ever growing victim mentality, or the victim mentality is a product of it, is not totally clear, although I believe its the former.
The word responsibility always had an element of concern for others. Those people in your community for whom you are responsible. I think we’ve lost that.

My real feeling on masks is not government centric. We should have been willing to wear them as a way to help out those at risk.

I find it saddening that so many people were not. I thought we were a better people than that.

The word responsibility always had an element of concern for others. Those people in your community for whom you are responsible. I think we’ve lost that.

My real feeling on masks is not government centric. We should have been willing to wear them as a way to help out those at risk.

I find it saddening that so many people were not. I thought we were a better people than that.
If your feelings on masks weren’t government centric you wouldn’t support a mask mandate. Instead you’d support a mask recommend and have everyone (including businesses) come up with their own solution based on the available info. But you don’t trust your fellow citizens, particularly those with an r preference, hence your support for a mandate, which thus winds up being government centric. Your argument basically is “if people were just better and did as they were told I wouldn’t have to be such an authoritarian”

I'm not responsible for protecting people against themselves. If they choose not to get a vaccination that's on them, not me. Zero reason for a vaccinated person to wear a mask in general public situations. Most medical professionals including the CDC agree on this. Plus the messaging is terrible to have the vaccinated wear masks. Overwhelmingly we know the vaccines work. Masks have only limited effectiveness, if any, depending on a number of variables regarding the mask.

I personally have not seen the the mask non-compliance that you speak of. In public indoor spaces you complied or didn't get in. I also saw mask compliance in crowded outdoor spaces, despite the fact they were likely not needed. If you saw someone without mask its really simple to avoid them. I believe you continue to confuse mask skepticism with mask non-compliance. Distance and outdoors are far more effective than masks anyway.

Pandemics and Climate Change. Separate issues, same catastrophic narrative.

You do really well with strawmen.

Don't let the scarecrow run your life

Back