Bad News Thread

Again almost all the coverage of the the Prez was confrontational and took the opposite position of whatever he said.

HCQ? Crazy talk. Dangerous.

Lab leak? Crazy talk. Dangerous

Him getting advice from Fauci who thought this would go away? T's fault. Apparently shouldn't listen to what is told to him by experts, and so on.

And so on.

We would be much better off if we had an actual non partisan press. The next best thing would be for instance is that when you read the NY Times, you UNDERSTAND that you are essentially reading Dem talking points. And the same goes for almost any other news outlet left or right. Understand they are not non partisan. Unfortunately most of our press leans very far to one side of the spectrum.
Agree. The media is driving the divide and as a country, we are allowing it by believing there's a "side" or a noble cause that is above unbiased, honest reporting. Again, if we thought it was difficult to get everyone moving in the same direction in this country - which it is - the reporting during COVID just made it that much more difficult.

It's also easy to slide down the slippery slope of "forcing people to do what is good for them". It's what the Chinese government does. It's what is done in North Korea. Asking is fine. That's different than forcing. Have they even gotten to the point where they are requiring the armed forces to get the vaccine? Unless your end goal is to truly split the country into two, forcing, excluding, and dividing is not a path to take. Don't let fear drive your decisions. Follow the science. If you are vaccinated, you are good.
That’s exactly what I mean. You went straight to the totalitarian state argument.

If vaccines are required for my Carnival cruise, then I must be living in one of President Xi’s gulags.

It makes no sense, of course. It’s about as useful for polite conversation as comparing people to Nazis.

Agree. The media is driving the divide and as a country, we are allowing it by believing there's a "side" or a noble cause that is above unbiased, honest reporting. Again, if we thought it was difficult to get everyone moving in the same direction in this country - which it is - the reporting during COVID just made it that much more difficult.
To be honest with regard to T it began with their Russian hoax.

They have done a disservice to this country. They have created divide and disdain. They have a lack of self awareness that is beyond belief.

The press loves to dive into the problems private industry has and expose flaws, corruptions, etc. Too bad there is nobody that can really turn the spotlight on them and how they work.

It's also easy to slide down the slippery slope of "forcing people to do what is good for them". It's what the Chinese government does. It's what is done in North Korea. Asking is fine. That's different than forcing. Have they even gotten to the point where they are requiring the armed forces to get the vaccine? Unless your end goal is to truly split the country into two, forcing, excluding, and dividing is not a path to take. Don't let fear drive your decisions. Follow the science. If you are vaccinated, you are good.
So they say. Let's revisit that statement in 6-12 months. I'm done talking about the mask and the vax. Please, go down the rabbit hole about the evil, evil treatment of kids, especially in the foster care system. Just wait, horrible and evil is understatement.

Listen to this song and read the lyrics bro. This is my song 100%. No more looking the other way or just ignoring the facts about ALL the kids. I can speak from this arena because I was put in some harry stuff before I was born.

I was just a little, little tiny baby boy in my mommies tummy and I just wanted to stay alive, I promise. I dont mean any harm, I just dont feel it was right to be killed before a chance at life in 1966. Later in my life, I found out I was also being sought after by some crazy ass 33 degree FM looking for a young boy to sacrifice back in 1966, no joke :( I wont share anymore about that until later but let's just say I escaped torture and death by some serious evil motherfuckers that drink blood for fun and kill humans for satanic ritual reasons. I survived because a 33 degree dude had a change of heart at the last minute for some reason and called my adopted mom to save me from death. Yes, I had a few attempted kidnaps when I was young but I was able to escape those assholes as well. Ebola thinks I make all this stuff up but I swear I dont. 70,000,000+ precious babies killed before birth and over 25,000,000 kids and adults right now who have been born into evil in this criminal underground evil world we all live in. WTFUIAICSTAUPOD!!!!

If vaccines are required for my Carnival cruise, then I must be living in one of President Xi’s gulags.
Who is saying that? Carnival is a non-monopoly, private entity. They can do as they choose as long as it's not discriminatory, or a violation of HIPAA. I happen to think its terrible business policy and suspect health policy to require vaccines. I'm not totally convinced either that the best way to address the issue is for DeSantis to legislate against vaccine passports.

"Masking has become a religion, and like most new faiths, it isn’t very well thought-out — or humane."
-
"There was never any need to wear masks outdoors. Even Dr. Anthony Fauci admits that, yet on every street there are people, often alone, continuing to wear a mask."
-
"Why do I care if traumatized or virtue-signaling people continue to mask? Because it affects us all. Decisions are made for all of us, because so many people won’t move on."

I'm not totally convinced either that the best way to address the issue is for DeSantis to legislate against vaccine passports.
I like the fact that he has done that along with a couple of other states.

It puts a brake on the desire of many to put impediments to things I want to do. I like freedom. And as we give it up a little here and there it starts to add up and become the "norm". The norm being why not do this? Etc. etc.

That’s exactly what I mean. You went straight to the totalitarian state argument.

It makes no sense, of course. It’s about as useful for polite conversation as comparing people to Nazis.
Blanket mandates by the government are my concern. It's a business decision for cruise lines. I'm not bothered by that. Keeping schools closed because of it would bother me. Extending a state of emergency is overreach.

I like the fact that he has done that along with a couple of other states.

It puts a brake on the desire of many to put impediments to things I want to do. I like freedom. And as we give it up a little here and there it starts to add up and become the "norm". The norm being why not do this? Etc. etc.
Totally get it and don't necessarily disagree, but I would have preferred negotiation over legislation. Maybe that was attempted and failed. This one is just a little more nuanced for me.

Who is saying that? Carnival is a non-monopoly, private entity. They can do as they choose as long as it's not discriminatory, or a violation of HIPAA. I happen to think its terrible business policy and suspect health policy to require vaccines. I'm not totally convinced either that the best way to address the issue is for DeSantis to legislate against vaccine passports.
I didn't bring up authoritarian states. That was K&S.

"It's what the Chinese government does. It's what is done in North Korea. "

I just pointed out that he was equating vaccine cards with forced labor camps.

Sample size is pretty darn small. Only 5% of participants were previously infected.

They were trying to draw conclusions from a sample size of 1220 previously infected but recently vaccinated patients. It is no surprise that they couldn’t get a significant result. The study was completely underpowered.

This is why their confidence interval was “0 to infinity” for the previously infected group. The data didn’t say anything this time.

You’d need a considerably larger study to say anything other than “we don’t know.”. Preferably in India, where you can find out about the value of the vaccine against a new variant.

I really wish they would stop printed underpowered studies as proof of a negative. There is a statistical standard for demonstrating the lack of a correlation. This study does not meet it.

The above is from another thread he posts in. I find it funny. In the study he references, he says 1220 people is way to small.

And yet over the past year and a half I have seen him write about studies he likes that have similar numbers of participants.

So @dad4 you win again. Your back must hurt from moving the goal posts back and forth depending on which argument you want to make and/or refute.

By the way as a follow up to the misconduct on the part of the press.

A year ago May, T went to a church not far from the WH has that been vandalized. Earlier in the day or not long before he went tear gas was used to disperse the crowd. The press went ballistic regarding this. Biden and the D's had a field day with it.

Turns out, neither T nor anyone in the admin had anything to do with this. So another story the press got wrong and had little interest in finding out the actual truth. On the other hand their reporting fired up half the nation. So there is that I guess...mission accomplished on their part.

Apparently Fauci now believes he and science are equivalent.

He is Science, you didn't know that? I've been dealing with his kind for 40 sum years. This Doc is a whacko and cares about his legacy over the truth. He lies for a living. Total loser and now his pal Chuck is giving him cover.

Apparently Fauci now believes he and science are equivalent.

I think he merely believes that you loons would have made personal attacks against anyone representing the median scientific view.

He is correct in that assessment.

That's not to say the median scientific view was always correct. But you guys would have attacked the messenger no matter who it was.

Back