Bad News Thread

This sounds like the way a lot of places come up with covid policies.

"The San Francisco Board of Supervisors voted Tuesday to ban smoking in apartment buildings—but made an exception for marijuana, the San Francisco Chronicle reported. "

Funny part is they must of been smoking crack when they voted. One of my tenants tried to pull that on me...claim that the no smoking clause in the lease means cigarette smoking and doesn't apply to pot. I probably would have lost in court in California had he not voluntarily complied.

Looks like we’ll get an update at 12:30. Inside sources indicate that ICUs will be the the guiding metric for ‘deep purple’ stay at home orders.

Not afraid.

I for one however like the concept of freedom and choice. And when one looks at the data and who is at risk the choice is even clearer.

If you are scared, by all means get the vaccine.

If as they say the vaccines are 90-94% effective, have the people actually at risk take the vaccine if they want it.
So you are only concerned about yourself personally? That kind of thinking is why we are where we are.

Strip clubs are not dance establishments. They are bars which happen to have naked women exercising their first amendment right to free speech.

I agree that strips clubs should be closed, but you can’t do that without also closing the rest of the bars.

If the strip clubs are open but banned from serving food and drink, then it gets more interesting.
"I don't dance, I make money moves"

This sounds like the way a lot of places come up with covid policies.

"The San Francisco Board of Supervisors voted Tuesday to ban smoking in apartment buildings—but made an exception for marijuana, the San Francisco Chronicle reported. "

Medicated constituents are pliable.

So you are only concerned about yourself personally? That kind of thinking is why we are where we are.
Really? Look around the world amigo.

Take special notice of Europe who many here including you I believe said were doing it the right way.

Various governments have taken different approaches. And yet we see that everywhere pretty much in the N Hemisphere is experiencing spikes. So what would anyone or any gov have done any differently that would have changed were we are today?

I know some stuff that would have been less selfish. I will start with a couple.

- allowing kids to be in school in person
- allowing people to make a living

The vaccines are claimed to be 90+% effective. Fantastic. We also know who is at risk. Fantastic. Give it to the at risk population and you have solved the problem.

And at the same time we can then we can watch what happens when 100s of millions of people take a new vaccine and see if there is any real concern with side effects. Follow the data and go from there.

If I were in a risk category and concerned I would take the vaccine. The reality is my risk factor is rather minimal. For my kids it is non existent.

More disconcerting is hearing people like Fauci state now that even with a vaccine they want to continue social distancing and masks for the coming years. Screw that.

And I am sure @dad4 is a big supporter of the latest announcement from up on high. He still gets to have TAKEOUT.

Newsom will divide the state into five geographic regions and lockdowns would last for three weeks minimum, based on the briefing. Residents would be unable to gather, while playgrounds, salons and restaurant dining would have to close. Food takeout would still be allowed, while hotels could only open for critical infrastructure support.

These stay at home orders worked so well the first time around that you get to do it again.

For purple plus restrictions announced. The biggest things are bars and restaurants closed for take out only (LA County took care of that), no personal services (hope you all got your haircuts), playgrounds closed (easy target)

For purple plus restrictions announced. The biggest things are bars and restaurants closed for take out only (LA County took care of that), no personal services (hope you all got your haircuts), playgrounds closed (easy target)

The other thing is with supermarkets restricted lines are likely at the supermarket. Hope you all stocked up on toilet paper.

Hope you all stocked up on toilet paper.
Just go back to the good ole days.

Before good old Charmin ever existed, everyone was sitting on the loo without an extra roll in sight. So what did they use? Back then in way back time, people would use leaves, moss, a rag or hay. How civilized. If you were affluent, you had the luxury of wiping your bottom with lamb’s wool.

Apparently its all triggered by ICU capacity which actually makes sense for a change....we're not there yet. get your haircuts while you can.

No...I’m more worried about things like this that are becoming more and more common:

11 years old...so tragic and possibly avoidable.

And I am sure @dad4 is a big supporter of the latest announcement from up on high. He still gets to have TAKEOUT.

Newsom will divide the state into five geographic regions and lockdowns would last for three weeks minimum, based on the briefing. Residents would be unable to gather, while playgrounds, salons and restaurant dining would have to close. Food takeout would still be allowed, while hotels could only open for critical infrastructure support.

These stay at home orders worked so well the first time around that you get to do it again.
King of goalpost moving. The guy has zero credibility, no wonder most people ignore his token mandates.

Back