2022 SD Surf Cup

I never understood that. Soon they'll ask us to mow the lawn, iron the shirts, and fix the leak before checking out...
"Please take care of the house like it's your own" they say.
Mannn, I'm paying you so I don't have to and eat pizza in bed. Don't tell me to clean up... -_-
The worse part in all this is the fear of the hidden ____________ . I actually wave at everyone and tell them all that this is now my place and I will go to town and make a big mess and treat like my own crib. I mean, I paid for some small place in LA and the price looked amazing for each night. I told my wife I found a steal. I open up and I see the $222 cleaning fee that did include a "free" parking pass to park on the streets of Los Angeles.

Is anyone else annoyed that these big tournaments aren’t allowing teams to bring their own film/recording devices (Trace, Veo, etc.)? (Although they seemed to make exceptions for their own Surf teams at Man City.)

This is from there website

"NextPro is the official videography provider at Surf Cup 2022. No other professional filming company is allowed. You are not allowed to use your own equipment above 5 feet in elevation, including Trace, Veo, or any other equipment. Any team representative filming with elevated equipment above 5 feet may be asked to remove their equipment."

key word they may ask you or not.

I would even argue that the top level / flight type of teams can stay local and play up an age instead of traveling to SD or Vegas or AZ or TX or beyond if apt competition is a concern.

I would much rather do that and sleep in my own bed and save $1000 in lodging and food.

Who can afford to spend $1000/tournament x 5 every year? Is everyone in youth soccer really that rich? :p

go check out hotels in del mar for surf cup. $1000 gets you one night...

This is from there website

"NextPro is the official videography provider at Surf Cup 2022. No other professional filming company is allowed. You are not allowed to use your own equipment above 5 feet in elevation, including Trace, Veo, or any other equipment. Any team representative filming with elevated equipment above 5 feet may be asked to remove their equipment."

key word they may ask you or not.

Very disappointing. I saw cameras set up everywhere at Man City Cup. Our team didn’t bring ours.

Hopefuly the coaches bring ours - and keep it “about” five feet high.

Is this speculation as to what could happen or do you know of it actually happening?

Seems to fit the definition of tying, which is to use power in one market to force buyers to purchase something in another market. Nothing wrong with bundling products/services as an option but requiring it is probably illegal.
Our team did not stay at an approved hotel last year we simply told surf that the hotel offerings they had were way too expensive and way too far away. And we did not stay. And our team is playing again this year

Our team did not stay at an approved hotel last year we simply told surf that the hotel offerings they had were way too expensive and way too far away. And we did not stay. And our team is playing again this year
I know my son's friends' team told the Surf Cup organizer that the rooms were too expensive and they would be commuting from the LA area this year.

Was told by our manager that this year the Youngers isn’t stay and play and local teams (meaning IE, LA and OC) aren’t required to stay and play as well.

Was told by our manager that this year the Youngers isn’t stay and play and local teams (meaning IE, LA and OC) aren’t required to stay and play as well.
That's interesting. I never thought local teams would be required to stay and play. When they have games up here in NorCal the Davis event which is also stay and play, is about 1-2 hours away from a lot of the Bay Area locations (more if there is traffic) I would definitely tell them to pound sand that I'm not going to stay in a hotel when I can stay at home and drive in, yeah it sucked one tournament getting on the road at 6 a.m. but it was worth it.

I just drove by Norco and it's 103 and the smog looks insane to play in. I would skip it all together and have the girls go to the beach for 3 days or take a trip to Catalina.
18 girls, 35 minute halves. Hydration break. Should make it through the games. They also have a nice setup for players that need to cool off. Sadly it is a pay for play and if you can afford the $7000 for Surf Cup (10 rooms and Tourney Fee), you go, the rest of us pay $100 per player and play in the heat. Glad we don't have to worry about recruiting anymore.

Back