2021 Women’s D1 Soccer Talk!!!!

Why all the fuss over top schools? You don't want your kid to have the lowest SAT at her school. She will get bounced out of the STEM classes in no time and get stuck with an English degree and 40K in debt.

Your kid has 1050 SAT? (Or whatever it is.) Fine. UCLA and Stanford don't know how to help, but other schools do. Respect their expertise and find a school which already knows how to help your kind of kid.

Let's play, Sandy Says...............
wah-wa-wah-wa-wa

Charlie-Brown-2.jpg
Is the onset of delirium a SARS-CoV-2 precursor symptom?? @Ellejustus do you also have a fever?

Either way I hope your DD is perceived to be a GOAT by any D1 so that she can continue her journey toward her dreams.

Is the onset of delirium a SARS-CoV-2 precursor symptom?? @Ellejustus do you also have a fever?

Either way I hope your DD is perceived to be a GOAT by any D1 so that she can continue her journey toward her dreams.
My dd has a friend going there. I will be rooting them on all the way and so shall my dd. Beautiful campus and all about college up there. I think CO will be a force to wreaken with in the coming years :)

I agree with that statement.

BTW: a quick check of your other point (which I have known but wanted to refresh re which schools) shows some pretty great schools that do not require SAT/ACT: Pitzer, NYU, Hampshire, Lewis & Clark, UT (Austin, so probably all in the UT system, I'd imagine, since Austin is the flagship school), Cornell College (not the Ivy school), Arizona State, American, Montana State, George Washington U. A decent array of big school/small school, public/private. Not sure what the sports environment is across the board but these also include some D1 and D3. I think we will see more schools do away with standardized testing (or at least rely much less)

There are actually 3 ways to get into the AZ schools, and most of the others you mention. You can use either your GPA/SAT,ACT/ or top 25. You don't have to use any combination you can use the best one and you get to take your pick if which. Great GPA lousy ACT/SAT use the GPA, or the other way around. What we found was the ACT/SAT was only useful for academic money and nothing else.

I don't have time to grade it. I have a job. I don't even know how you have time to type it or be here all day; everyday. Especially when it's the same nonsense over and over again. My daughter... blah blah blah. Evil clubs... blah blah blah. My daughter's dream killer: math... blah blah blah.
I'm glad you have ajob Lester. I hear 6.6 million lost their job the last two weeks. I work from home and my job is easy as making apple pie

Why all the fuss over top schools? You don't want your kid to have the lowest SAT at her school. She will get bounced out of the STEM classes in no time and get stuck with an English degree and 40K in debt.

Your kid has 1050 SAT? (Or whatever it is.) Fine. UCLA and Stanford don't know how to help, but other schools do. Respect their expertise and find a school which already knows how to help your kind of kid.
I know my dd was top top in 7th and 8th grade. If it was only about soccer she would be still top player. However, they pulled the switch on me and I was the wrong cat to play that game because I don;t college is athat important to be successful, especially for girls. I'm not sying don;t go, but when you tie her grades now to her soccer abilities, we haves a problem and that is why I'm still here and never, ever ever leaving now. I knew all this and now it's all coming out. Keep speaking college folks. It's ok, I get it.

Maybe if you had a harder job you could afford soccer dues and stop whining about who else should pay your daughter's college tuition?
I was so poor in 2016 and 2017. One time I only had a $100 in my bank account, no joke. Like I said, some assholes took some of my ideas and ran with them without properly taking care of me. Of course I sought my revenge. Today, I sit in the drivers seat. Today, money is not important. Today, everyone, you, me and Kicker are all equal, even though Kicker says his life is better than mine, even under house arrest. He probably has a nice house down in the South Bay. I have a place in laguna. All equal. I think we all equal, especially today. Only today and tomorrow and the nest day. After were all out of prison, money will have shifted to others and those who had more before Corona will have less and those who had less will have more. It's going down............

I know my dd was top top in 7th and 8th grade. If it was only about soccer she would be still top player. However, they pulled the switch on me and I was the wrong cat to play that game because I don;t college is athat important to be successful, especially for girls. I'm not sying don;t go, but when you tie her grades now to her soccer abilities, we haves a problem and that is why I'm still here and never, ever ever leaving now. I knew all this and now it's all coming out. Keep speaking college folks. It's ok, I get it.

Speaking directly to college. Her grades and ability are tied together, for playing in college you can't have one without the other, You cant get into college unless you meet the requirements academically. If she wants to play in a college cup, well you have to get into college first.

Speaking directly to college. Her grades and ability are tied together, for playing in college you can't have one without the other, You cant get into college unless you meet the requirements academically. If she wants to play in a college cup, well you have to get into college first.
Yes, thank you for helping me understand that. If I had my choose, I would choice the pros. However, no money right now. The men have been keeping to themselves. My dd loves school. I hate school. Too different people living their life. I had assholes trying to force a deal because of some dead line and money being gone, or something like that. I came here with some questions and Map helped me out. I went back to my dd to tell what this has really only been about. I told her I got played and so did she and I'm sorry for not seeing the lies earlier. "If you want to win a college cup, it's not about soccer only like it is for all the hoopsters and football players. No honey, you cant have fun like they do. You have to be perfect. Enemies are watching and they want you to fail. So you can;t go out and party and say stupid stuff on social media. You have to get a 4.0 and score high on SAT scores and try and be perfect. Don;t listen to rap music either and stay away from boys. In fact, stay home!!! Plus you have to be a really top top player I said. Or, you can go try and build a D1 program and try and win your Sr year liker SM just did as a Sophmore. All things are possible.

I was so poor in 2016 and 2017. One time I only had a $100 in my bank account, no joke. Like I said, some assholes took some of my ideas and ran with them without properly taking care of me. Of course I sought my revenge. Today, I sit in the drivers seat. Today, money is not important. Today, everyone, you, me and Kicker are all equal, even though Kicker says his life is better than mine, even under house arrest. He probably has a nice house down in the South Bay. I have a place in laguna. All equal. I think we all equal, especially today. Only today and tomorrow and the nest day. After were all out of prison, money will have shifted to others and those who had more before Corona will have less and those who had less will have more. It's going down............

Those mushrooms growing on your front lawn... you aren't supposed to eat those, Spicoli.

Those mushrooms growing on your front lawn... you aren't supposed to eat those, Spicoli.
No drugs bro. Just didn;t protect my assets properly. 100% my fault and I will never do that again. Thank God my family didnlt make fun of me and call me a loser. They stood by me and I worked my ass off to get my assets back and make sure I save my all my money better.

Yes, thank you for helping me understand that. If I had my choose, I would choice the pros. However, no money right now. The men have been keeping to themselves. My dd loves school. I hate school. Too different people living their life. I had assholes trying to force a deal because of some dead line and money being gone, or something like that. I came here with some questions and Map helped me out. I went back to my dd to tell what this has really only been about. I told her I got played and so did she and I'm sorry for not seeing the lies earlier. "If you want to win a college cup, it's not about soccer only like it is for all the hoopsters and football players. No honey, you cant have fun like they do. You have to be perfect. Enemies are watching and they want you to fail. So you can;t go out and party and say stupid stuff on social media. You have to get a 4.0 and score high on SAT scores and try and be perfect. Don;t listen to rap music either and stay away from boys. In fact, stay home!!! Plus you have to be a really top top player I said. Or, you can go try and build a D1 program and try and win your Sr year liker SM just did as a Sophmore. All things are possible.

Hey, head injury, do you hear the voices too?

I agree with you completely. However, the GPA better be above average to have a lower score on the SAT/ACT. If they have both high GPA and SAT scores, you can pretty much get into a great school with some academic scholarship $$ especially if you are a top soccer player and maybe even get a little athletic scholarship as well. If they don’t have either, they can still play soccer but most likely not at a high academic or even top D1 school. Even some GOATs didn’t meet the requirements for UCLA, Stanford, Duke, or Virginia and had to go to another school.

So, if anyone (not you Outside!) thinks soccer alone can get their dd into their dream school without the grades, then they will be in for a rude awakening. Verbal promises might be made, but there are ways schools get out of verbal commits. Parents expecting colleges to make significant exceptions (no SATs, low GPAs, etc), especially now; for their special dd are delusional and in complete denial. There will only be more ranting, blaming, and screaming foul play by certain parents claiming their dd has been wronged, again.

If no SATs, then your dd better have an outstanding GPA. If not, you can kiss big time D1 and D3/schools goodbye.
Maybe D2, vocational school, or community college and there’s nothing wrong with that either.

Don’t say you weren’t warned and go bitchin’ to everyone when your kid doesn’t go to college to get an education and becomes a rec player while working two jobs, barefoot and pregnant. Nothing wrong with that though...if that’s your dds choice. Anyway, I think most of us want more for our dd’s than that, but it is their dd’s choice as to whether or not they want to work for it or not. And don’t forget most, not all, WNT players went to college.

Of course there are also the 0.0000001% who get a Nike deal and don’t go to college, but that is the rarest of players.
If you are planning on this road for your dd, you better step up your game and stop complaining or asking for special accommodations/treatment if your dd doesn’t want to work for it.

Just some of my thoughts on the 2021 dilemma.
Ouch.:rolleyes:

You provided a good explanation of the requirements needed to achieve specific academic/athletic goals. If anyone thinks otherwise they are well...:rolleyes:
Thanks for lying to everyone about what the true meaning of this G D A League your so proud of. It was always and will always be about college and I have the proof. Liars liars!!! I just found the cause of one of the virus's attacking our country. It;'s not called Corona either. All of you are sick and need help, like soon or you will be left behind.

Back