2020 Women's D1 Soccer Talk!!!! EXTENDED TO SPRING '21!!!!

173,000 have died of Covid-19 so far with another 1000+ a day. How does that stack up with the flu?
I know you have trouble reading.

We are talking college age individuals and under. Basically 24 yrs and younger.

To date there have been about 270 total deaths of people 24 yrs and under. That age group has about ZERO risk as it relates to covid. Go look up how many people in the same age group have died during the same time period from the flu. Rather similar.

Credentialed epidemiologists around the world after months of studying patients and cases: "Whoah. This new COVID strain is really unusual. We're not sure how dangerous it's going to prove to be to young people in the long run. We're going to have to take our best guess, be cautious and see how it plays out after we get more data."

Soccer Dad with an iPhone and google: "Pfffft. The regular flu is worse."

Let's shut everything down folks. Everyone gets no pay until Jan 1st and no job waiting for them either. We all start fresh 2021. No one works except Nurses, Docs and Fire. Police stay home and rest this one out as well and the rest of us take a break and chill and get ready for the reboot. Their is too much scary stuff now that has me frighten as well. The danger ahead sign is out in force as like never before in the history of my life. If DK wants it all shut down, it's time to call it a day folks. No sports for all until all our safe. We dont know what will happen tomorrow or the long term with this virus from Europe so let's error in caution that someone didn;t do anything to fix and now its all his fault. Peace everyone in the D1 world. Shut it all down until a vaccine is my advice. I hope under 18 can play this fall but I will respect the wishes of so many of you. No one wins in any of this debate.
1597778597503.png

I know you have trouble reading.

We are talking college age individuals and under. Basically 24 yrs and younger.

To date there have been about 270 total deaths of people 24 yrs and under. That age group has about ZERO risk as it relates to covid. Go look up how many people in the same age group have died during the same time period from the flu. Rather similar.

There have been exactly zero deaths of those who haven’t died from it, so we must be good to go.

Let's shut everything down folks. Everyone gets no pay until Jan 1st and no job waiting for them either. We all start fresh 2021. No one works except Nurses, Docs and Fire. Police stay home and rest this one out as well and the rest of us take a break and chill and get ready for the reboot. Their is too much scary stuff now that has me frighten as well. The danger ahead sign is out in force as like never before in the history of my life. If DK wants it all shut down, it's time to call it a day folks. No sports for all until all our safe. We dont know what will happen tomorrow or the long term with this virus from Europe so let's error in caution that someone didn;t do anything to fix and now its all his fault. Peace everyone in the D1 world. Shut it all down until a vaccine is my advice. I hope under 18 can play this fall but I will respect the wishes of so many of you. No one wins in any of this debate.
View attachment 8686

odd to invoke my name in there. I have not called for everything to be shut down. I’ve said that I’m good with a cautionary approach and I support the postponing of the fall season. But I also believe that other aspects of life can continue with reasonable steps to protect one another.

odd to invoke my name in there. I have not called for everything to be shut down. I’ve said that I’m good with a cautionary approach and I support the postponing of the fall season. But I also believe that other aspects of life can continue with reasonable steps to protect one another.
This is a no win for any side DK and I was only invoking you as someone I thought was crazy like me and when I read your story, it hit me hard. If you want to play like Hound Dog and me, were selfish and care very little for other peoples health. Basically, this has become one hot_____________________ _ _ _ _ ing weapon here in Cali and is being used against little kids under 18. That's just my two cents and all of you guys are way smarter than I ever was. I can see all the legal sh*t the big U has to maneuver through and the risk is too risky for getting sued. Why is the SEC playing football and Pac 12 a no? Money only? Selfishness on the players? Coaches like Leach making them play now or lose scholarship? Be called a wimp? Players voiced their desire to play this fall? They have schedule out and all ready to ball and Pac 12 is a no. California is basically one big no for anything sports related. That has to cause you of all people to ponder and wonder in your mind, "Hey, whats going on here? No? I knew long ago 100% what was going on and it's 100% sic. Just wait for more breaking news. This is nothing that's about to come and I mean that 100%. I try and make light of very serious situations. It's my way of dealing with pain.

Is the data there to support that? We did shut schools, stop sports, curtail much congregant activity since mid-March. Do we actually know that, given the 170,000 and counting (which is way more than the estimated 24,000 to 62,000 flu deaths in the 2018-19 flu season), that had people younger than 24 been living a "normal" life, COVID would still be considered less deadly than the flu? I'm not able to come to that conclusion given how much and how little we know about this. So unless the statistics actually account for the significant change in youthful behavior in 2020, the conclusion that "the flu is more dangerous than COVID" seems really subjective.
Also keep in mind that comparing deaths in European countries is misleading in that the vast majority of those deaths occurred to people who were infected before countries even had any idea what was happening, how dangerous it is, and how if is spread. There were roughly 60k deaths in those countries in March and the first few days of April. There is no excuse for what continues to happen in the US, however, other than Americans are dumb and will make any misleading or false argument to rationalize their ongoing stupid and dangerous behavior. If we’d done what European countries did, there wouldn’t be 1,000+ dying here every day with no end in sight.
Well, it looks like although you agree with each other, you are also contradicting each other. EOTL says european countries deaths occured before they had any idea what was happening, yet their info on how COVID reacts to children is still same as over here. Even in china, their studies showed that there is minimal risk to children, especially outdoors. There is enough data and scientific information within our own country to show the minimal risk to children, especially healthy children. So if you want to go against the science AND stats, Go ahead and keep your children at home. My position on this has changed anyway. I now want all of you to keep your children at home. My kids on the other hand will continue to go out, train, and scrimmage. Even though my "goats" don't need an advantage, ill take the 5+ months of continued training while others are doing zoom and socially distancing. But I have a strong feeling your kids are doing the same, hypocrites.

Well, it looks like although you agree with each other, you are also contradicting each other. EOTL says european countries deaths occured before they had any idea what was happening, yet their info on how COVID reacts to children is still same as over here. Even in china, their studies showed that there is minimal risk to children, especially outdoors. There is enough data and scientific information within our own country to show the minimal risk to children, especially healthy children. So if you want to go against the science AND stats, Go ahead and keep your children at home. My position on this has changed anyway. I now want all of you to keep your children at home. My kids on the other hand will continue to go out, train, and scrimmage. Even though my "goats" don't need an advantage, ill take the 5+ months of continued training while others are doing zoom and socially distancing. But I have a strong feeling your kids are doing the same, hypocrites.

What’s the over/under for today? 1200? 1400?

UNC moved to all online after about 120 cases showed up as positive. Not sure if this means they will shut down sports or not. Some are still allowed to be on campus but online classes so not sure how that works for sports

You do know hundreds of people under 24 die every year from the seasonal flu right? If we go by statistics for kids under 24, the flu is more dangerous than COVID. By your logic, we've been risking kids lives from the flu every flu season.

Oh goodness now it seems that the insane assylum has let patients out to discuss public health.

Hey do what you want to do with your kids. I'm curious as to how many kids under 24 that were athletes died last year from the flu and how many had measurable heart and lung damage from the flu.

This is why this isn't going to end anytime soon. Flatearthers, anti-vaxxers and conspiracy theorist are comfortable putting forward all of their tripe. I'm glad that my kid already has her degree and college career under her belt. Good luck to you and your player.

Oh goodness now it seems that the insane assylum has let patients out to discuss public health.

Hey do what you want to do with your kids. I'm curious as to how many kids under 24 that were athletes died last year from the flu and how many had measurable heart and lung damage from the flu.

This is why this isn't going to end anytime soon. Flatearthers, anti-vaxxers and conspiracy theorist are comfortable putting forward all of their tripe. I'm glad that my kid already has her degree and college career under her belt. Good luck to you and your player.
Didnt know stats counted as flat earthers and anti vaxxers. Science also says low risk for children. You must be anti science and stats lol.

If you believe that. Continue to look clownish arguing against the facts. I am not so desperate to get my kid into college that I would risk her life.
I think you are the one ignoring facts. I posted statistics from CDC, now here's a recent article from the Mayo Clinic.

But you must think this is fake news. My sources must not be reputable enough for you. Please post something from Buzzfeed, you might change my mind lol.

I'm a hypocrite why exactly? Because I am following the guidance of my city's public health department (and my county's and our state's)? Or because I'm worried about what 5 months of missed training might mean for their future so I'm either gaming the system (trying to encourage others to stay home so my kids can train and there's my hypocrisy) or putting them behind? I'm not too worried about it - if my HS kids are good enough to play at the higher levels, a year off like everyone will have (more or less) is not going to matter much, just like their older sister was able to manage an injury and miss some time and have her best years on the other side. If they are not good enough, I'm sorry that they are losing this time b/c they are in their last years playing their favorite sport competitively but, in the end, the time off won't be what made them unable to move to the next level.

There is not enough data out there to "go with" or "go against" the science on this. The samples are small, there are variables that interfere, there is not a huge amount of time to gauge what's really happening, it is novel disease. Because of so many unknowns, I'm comfortable with a cautious approach - a cautious approach may prove to be unnecessary but we have some contrary groups out there that will prove the point one way or another. Soon enough we will be able to look at Mississippi's outbreak of cases in schools, at Notre Dame's outbreak, and outbreak after outbreak that are certain to happen in areas were schools (K-12 and colleges) are open and they are treating this either as a hoax or as low risk b/c the young people tend to be OK. Soon enough, we will have a larger sample of infected young people and shortly after that, we will understand the death rates a bit more. Basically, governors and college presidents have decided to prove the case with their students . . . for their sake (and because I know people in the test cohort), I really hope you are right and what we see in a month or two are what you expect (low death rates and low post-illness health impact). I'm OK with there being no youth and college soccer seasons until we know more. And I'm OK following my city's guidance which allows them to be doing some things but restricts others.

I'm a hypocrite why exactly? Because I am following the guidance of my city's public health department (and my county's and our state's)? Or because I'm worried about what 5 months of missed training might mean for their future so I'm either gaming the system (trying to encourage others to stay home so my kids can train and there's my hypocrisy) or putting them behind? I'm not too worried about it - if my HS kids are good enough to play at the higher levels, a year off like everyone will have (more or less) is not going to matter much, just like their older sister was able to manage an injury and miss some time and have her best years on the other side. If they are not good enough, I'm sorry that they are losing this time b/c they are in their last years playing their favorite sport competitively but, in the end, the time off won't be what made them unable to move to the next level.

There is not enough data out there to "go with" or "go against" the science on this. The samples are small, there are variables that interfere, there is not a huge amount of time to gauge what's really happening, it is novel disease. Because of so many unknowns, I'm comfortable with a cautious approach - a cautious approach may prove to be unnecessary but we have some contrary groups out there that will prove the point one way or another. Soon enough we will be able to look at Mississippi's outbreak of cases in schools, at Notre Dame's outbreak, and outbreak after outbreak that are certain to happen in areas were schools (K-12 and colleges) are open and they are treating this either as a hoax or as low risk b/c the young people tend to be OK. Soon enough, we will have a larger sample of infected young people and shortly after that, we will understand the death rates a bit more. Basically, governors and college presidents have decided to prove the case with their students . . . for their sake (and because I know people in the test cohort), I really hope you are right and what we see in a month or two are what you expect (low death rates and low post-illness health impact). I'm OK with there being no youth and college soccer seasons until we know more. And I'm OK following my city's guidance which allows them to be doing some things but restricts others.
As long as you are consistent I have no issue with you. There are people on here however that say we should listen to the guidance and stay locked down but have freely admitted their kids go out and scrimmage and get private/group training. Those are hypocrites.

I'm so happy for you Maps. You both got to play sports and so did I. My best friend's son is Sr this year and his sports life is all over. This was going to be his big year as a senior. He worked his ass off so he could be ready but now cant because no sports in Cali. I get no college sports, but the youth being denied is flat out wrong where I come from. BTW, why some of the studs leaving NWSL?

Last edited:
BTW, why some of the studs leaving NWSL?

Because the US doesn't really have things under control at the moment and Europe has replaced the US as the place to be for woso. The leagues in Europe are getting better and better. Longer season. European championship. Different style of play. Even the second tier teams are attracting good NT players.

As long as you are consistent I have no issue with you. There are people on here however that say we should listen to the guidance and stay locked down but have freely admitted their kids go out and scrimmage and get private/group training. Those are hypocrites.

I think you’re making that up. The real hypocrites are the ones who are letting their kids violate the local ordinances - unless they want 1000+ people to die every day of course.

Back