2020 Women's D1 Soccer Talk!!!! EXTENDED TO SPRING '21!!!!

I know you have trouble reading.
It is bad enough that you and a few others keep spreading medical misinformation on the site.

On top of it, you insist on insulting those who disagree with you.

If people follow your advice ( eat out, go to bars, hang out with friends, avoid masks, etc. ), more people will get sick. Period. This is, by now, settled science and not up for debate.

I suppose you have some clever insult to prove how right you are. I will assume you make some witty reference to basements, fear, scaredness, or Karen.

If you have evidence that going out for beers Indoors does not spread the virus, please run it past an actual epidemiologist before spreading such lies here.

It is bad enough that you and a few others keep spreading medical misinformation on the site.

On top of it, you insist on insulting those who disagree with you.

If people follow your advice ( eat out, go to bars, hang out with friends, avoid masks, etc. ), more people will get sick. Period. This is, by now, settled science and not up for debate.

I suppose you have some clever insult to prove how right you are. I will assume you make some witty reference to basements, fear, scaredness, or Karen.

If you have evidence that going out for beers Indoors does not spread the virus, please run it past an actual epidemiologist before spreading such lies here.
Dad, take it off topic bro. No more D1 sports in Cali for a long time.

Anger is not a good friend.

Looking forward to burgers in the stands again. Maybe in spring.
No, Mr Anger is not a good friend. I was told by a good friend whose been married for over 50 years not to go to bed angry. Well, it's very hard for me to live that out each night but I'm sure trying. Also, one needs to understand anger levels one through 10. Basically anger 1-4 is where one should be able to handle things by himself. For example, my wife's dog coco has the runs again. She crapped on my sandals by the door. I went to go take the trash out like a good dad and I steeped in dog sh*t, all wet too. Coco is my wife's best friend and is soon to be 15 years old. I want to her put down now as do my kids, but my wife says as long as she can walk she stays alive. So I got a little pissed and said some things under my breath and then the wife goes, "I heard that." My son looks at me like I'm a weak man for putting up with three dogs and how I let my wife have a say on things, especially when one puts down their personal pooch.
Anger 4-6 is when you have to leave because you might do something stupid in your anger. Anger 7-8 cops are usually called and 9-10 your in prison for a long time. It's my job to stay 1-4. I've had a 5 a few times and nothing higher then a 5.

No, Mr Anger is not a good friend. I was told by a good friend whose been married for over 50 years not to go to bed angry. Well, it's very hard for me to live that out each night but I'm sure trying. Also, one needs to understand anger levels one through 10. Basically anger 1-4 is where one should be able to handle things by himself. For example, my wife's dog coco has the runs again. She crapped on my sandals by the door. I went to go take the trash out like a good dad and I steeped in dog sh*t, all wet too. Coco is my wife's best friend and is soon to be 15 years old. I want to her put down now as do my kids, but my wife says as long as she can walk she stays alive. So I got a little pissed and said some things under my breath and then the wife goes, "I heard that." My son looks at me like I'm a weak man for putting up with three dogs and how I let my wife have a say on things, especially when one puts down their personal pooch.
Anger 4-6 is when you have to leave because you might do something stupid in your anger. Anger 7-8 cops are usually called and 9-10 your in prison for a long time. It's my job to stay 1-4. I've had a 5 a few times and nothing higher then a 5.

I may be in the minority, but the coco the dog story is now my favorite.

I may be in the minority, but the coco the dog story is now my favorite.
Well, my wife brought Coco home from being abused at a puppy mill and was left to die. True story. She's a Yorkiepoo. I already had three boxers before Coco was brought home from the shelter. My wife just brought it home and said she needed a home and that was that. My dd cat Bob is legend in the cat world Woobie. Bob was a stud and ran the dogs and was 100% in charge. Never seen anything like it. Boxers were wimps with Bob.

I think you’re making that up. The real hypocrites are the ones who are letting their kids violate the local ordinances - unless they want 1000+ people to die every day of course.
Talk to Messy and his kid, Dad4 was asking about out of state tournaments earlier. lol.

Medical misinformation? Showing CDC stats is medical misinformation?

Pointing out that 24 and under have virtually zero risk? Look at the data. That is not medical misinformation.

Not taking the bait this time. Have a nice day and stay safe.
Good job bro not taking the bait. It aint worth it. DH got me a few times last year and put me in my place at times and I just hated it too. I will get him for us bro. I have a big big bet going on with this guy and I look to put him in his place once and for all.

Medical misinformation? Showing CDC stats is medical misinformation?

Pointing out that 24 and under have virtually zero risk? Look at the data. That is not medical misinformation.

100% of the 175,000 dead people got it from someone else, as will 100% of the 1000+ dying every day.

Somebody doesn’t understand community spread. Somebody doesn’t understand that many kids’ parents work at nursing homes, hospitals, or in workplaces where it is transmitted to 100+ people over 24 in a matter of days. Somebody doesn’t understand that a lot of people have health conditions they don’t even know they have. Or that 99% of all teachers and staff at schools are over 24.

Cull the herd! Kill the olds! Meaning anyone over 24 apparently.

100% of the 175,000 dead people got it from someone else, as will 100% of the 1000+ dying every day.

Somebody doesn’t understand community spread. Somebody doesn’t understand that many kids’ parents work at nursing homes, hospitals, or in workplaces where it is transmitted to 100+ people over 24 in a matter of days. Somebody doesn’t understand that a lot of people have health conditions they don’t even know they have. Or that 99% of all teachers and staff at schools are over 24.

Lets take this to off topic and keep this d1 soccer talk.

Any other conferences going to cancel? SEC, ACC, Big 12?

Is the Phoenix Showcase still on for Nov? That might be the best showcase ever put on. The hype, the build up has me so pumped up. I hear were looking at going to Houston next year too. My dd is so open now to all the colleges in America. Cali might not have sports DH for two years. That's how serious things are in my state. I will be a good boy and follow all the rules the state has mandated me and my family to do.

I'm just trying to guess here, but it seems to me based on frequent continuing themes of this forum that many parents post here because they have dreams of their daughters someday getting a big scholarship to a big school and maybe even some time in a National Team jersey. That's not going to happen if all we have is no-contact drills and Zoom team meetings. It's also not going to happen if DD develops a subtle heart condition that literally will not allow her o keep up with the top players.

the headline is scary but would like to see if those 78% had existing heart issues, what their ages were? economic profile, etc.
I believe the study was out of Germany and included all age groups and economic groups
Is the data there to support that? We did shut schools, stop sports, curtail much congregant activity since mid-March. Do we actually know that, given the 170,000 and counting (which is way more than the estimated 24,000 to 62,000 flu deaths in the 2018-19 flu season), that had people younger than 24 been living a "normal" life, COVID would still be considered less deadly than the flu? I'm not able to come to that conclusion given how much and how little we know about this. So unless the statistics actually account for the significant change in youthful behavior in 2020, the conclusion that "the flu is more dangerous than COVID" seems really subjective.
Death from seasonal flu is about .1%, death from covid is about .25-.3%, significant difference, per CDC and WHO.

I believe the study was out of Germany and included all age groups and economic groups

Death from seasonal flu is about .1%, death from covid is about .25-.3%, significant difference, per CDC and WHO.
for which age group? age range and pre existing conditions matter. More kids die from flu than COVID, per CDC.

I think at this point, if they haven't cancelled yet, they probably won't. For a variety of reasons, not the least of which is that they don't want to look like they think they made a mistake. I really hope that the conferences that play are able to pull it off without any significant outbreaks, because that will pave the way for spring seasons for those who've postponed. It's very positive that the pro leagues have been able to do the bubble thing and put games on, and I'm sure we'll gradually get more college sports back as long as people are cautious and responsible. I'm pretty sure the SEC is going to plow through even if they do have outbreaks. That's partly driven by the money, but culturally it's also just who they are in that part of the world. I know, because it's where I grew up.

I fear the big factor is that college students are simply not wired to be cautious. As evidenced by house parties at ND and Louisville. I just dropped my kid off for on campus living last week, and I can already tell that without strict supervision, she's meeting up with friends and groups in dorm rooms not social distancing, so I fear it's just a matter of time before her campus gets shut down, too. And she's a more responsible/mature kid than most and she takes the pandemic seriously... but 18 years old, out of the house on on her own, excited by the whole college experience, it's just not a controlled environment. If the teams were in an isolated bubble and competing under strict supervision, it would be safer than this half measure of cancelling sports but still allowing kids on campus.

I don't believe all the stats, news, CDC, John Hopkins,Facebook, message boards etc... I have first hand knowledge, meaning i saw the death certificates of three people where the death certificate said the cause of death was Covid-9. I know these people personally and know for a fact that these particular people did not die of Covid-19. There's at least the possibility that the death rate could be significantly lower than what we are being led to believe. Yes, this virus is seems very contagious and yes it is very deadly to the older population but statistically it is not very deadly to high level young athletes that may be in the best physical condition of there lives. stacked up against the flu for this age group it is less deadly from what i have read. But remember i don't believe most of what i hear. 3 members of my household have had Covid-19 and all have now been tested and now have the antibodies. One member was asymptomatic, one lost taste for 3 days and one had a mild fever/flu like symptoms for 3 days. So yes i think we need to live our lives albeit a little more cautiously, wearing a masks and social distance as much as possible until we have anti virals and/or a vaccine. That being said, I would have had no problem with my daughter playing if the Pac-12 had they not canceled the season even if she did not have the antibodies. However, now that over half of the universities have stopped fall sports, move everything to the spring when most likely we will at least have anti virals and a decent chance of a vaccine.

Why aren't we worrying about the things below. A large percentage of the causes of death in this country could be slowed if we stopped smoking and weren't obese.
  • Heart disease: 647,457
  • Cancer: 599,108
  • Accidents (unintentional injuries): 169,936
  • Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 160,201
  • Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 146,383
  • Alzheimer’s disease: 121,404
  • Diabetes: 83,564
  • Influenza and pneumonia: 55,672
  • Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 50,633
  • Intentional self-harm (suicide): 47,173
Sorry little bit of a rant.

I don't believe all the stats, news, CDC, John Hopkins,Facebook, message boards etc... I have first hand knowledge, meaning i saw the death certificates of three people where the death certificate said the cause of death was Covid-9. I know these people personally and know for a fact that these particular people did not die of Covid-19. There's at least the possibility that the death rate could be significantly lower than what we are being led to believe. Yes, this virus is seems very contagious and yes it is very deadly to the older population but statistically it is not very deadly to high level young athletes that may be in the best physical condition of there lives. stacked up against the flu for this age group it is less deadly from what i have read. But remember i don't believe most of what i hear. 3 members of my household have had Covid-19 and all have now been tested and now have the antibodies. One member was asymptomatic, one lost taste for 3 days and one had a mild fever/flu like symptoms for 3 days. So yes i think we need to live our lives albeit a little more cautiously, wearing a masks and social distance as much as possible until we have anti virals and/or a vaccine. That being said, I would have had no problem with my daughter playing if the Pac-12 had they not canceled the season even if she did not have the antibodies. However, now that over half of the universities have stopped fall sports, move everything to the spring when most likely we will at least have anti virals and a decent chance of a vaccine.

Why aren't we worrying about the things below. A large percentage of the causes of death in this country could be slowed if we stopped smoking and weren't obese.
  • Heart disease: 647,457
  • Cancer: 599,108
  • Accidents (unintentional injuries): 169,936
  • Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 160,201
  • Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 146,383
  • Alzheimer’s disease: 121,404
  • Diabetes: 83,564
  • Influenza and pneumonia: 55,672
  • Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 50,633
  • Intentional self-harm (suicide): 47,173
Sorry little bit of a rant.

QAnon has arrived.

People die of other things, so who cares about another 400,000? That’s a strong argument.

Nobody cares about other forms of death? I could list 100 entities that are focused on those issues. So could you if you’d get past your pity party.

We should believe an anonymous beach bum instead of Johns Hopkins, the CDC, and virtually every single person who know what they’re talking about? Uh, no.

Back