2020 Women's D1 Soccer Talk!!!! EXTENDED TO SPRING '21!!!!

UCLA over BYU 2-1. 13 to 11 shots. Close game. BYU had chance to equalize near the end.
Yes, it was a close game and BYU really shut down UCLA’s attack for a lot of the game. UCLA did not look too confident in maintaining the lead at the end as they were time wasting and playing silly games like MF and BYU’s free kick towards end of game

USF and SMC tie 1-1. 23 shots to 14. USF looks big and fast and uses lots of subs with good quick one touch passing. I'm curious to see how this works vs. Stanford.

Going to be a war in the WCC.

USC v BYU game has been great. 3-3 in the 80th minute. BYU looks sharp in the midfield and final 3rd. USCs attackers are so athletic 1 or 2 of them are cutting up the back 4 of BYU when they counter.

I thought both UCLA and pepp looked better than the other games I saw. UCLA was better but in the second half wasn’t nearly as aggressive. Seemed happy to just try and keep the ball. I also think villacorta’s injury may have rattled them. To lose a teammate who was just drafted with what looks like an acl stinks. But that could be my anguish for her.
Pepp had two good chances and a lot of long non threatening shots. But they look good and have some players. That’s a tough first game after over a year.
Did mia fisher get a lot fitter/leaner???
Nope. Mia has always been FIT and LEAN.

Exciting game but not great defense on either side. BYU looked a little more organized in fact. I really hope Penelope Hocking is ok. Looks like something with her knee. :(

I have no idea. It was at a summer game in 2019 at Great Park. CBU looked like the better team. More aggressive and played with ganas. LMU played better during the fall season and looked better then they did in summer. I was just baiting LMU fan or parent into some poking. It was for fun. My old pal from the old forum days dd is going to LMU, so I root for them as well as CSUF. I love the Titans. I also root for CBU. My old college coach coached at CBU and my pals dd dances at the school. They have awesome potential. Building a soccer stadium. I see a mid major winning the Cup in the next 5 years.

This may be the first crazy thing you’ve said that isn’t actually that crazy. With the GDA/ECNL dilution, followed by Covid-19, there is a lot of uncertainty about who can really play, giving some mid majors a chance to pick up kids sneaking under the radar, especially a school in a large market where it can snag some great local kids (Santa Clara) or that have a niche draw (BYU and Harvard).

Still, it isn’t going to happen.

This may be the first crazy thing you’ve said that isn’t actually that crazy. With the GDA/ECNL dilution, followed by Covid-19, there is a lot of uncertainty about who can really play, giving some mid majors a chance to pick up kids sneaking under the radar, especially a school in a large market where it can snag some great local kids (Santa Clara) or that have a niche draw (BYU and Harvard).

Still, it isn’t going to happen.
One can dream, right? I figured if I throw out many crazy ideas, one would resonate with you. I feel honored actually. Thanks :)

Dead period extended to 5/31, per source

The Athletic
Thanks for sharing that article. What irks me about NCAA’s statement is how they’re going to make a concerted effort to start planning a return to normal recruiting, and pledge to share that plan with the public by April 15.

If they’re just now starting to work on this, what have they been doing since November when they first issued the dead period? Just now getting around to planning a way forward??
Maybe I’m reading too much in to that part of the statement.

Back