2020 Women's D1 Soccer Talk!!!! EXTENDED TO SPRING '21!!!!

OK settle down, they are good but not that good :);) It sure helped them to pickup a few solid transfers, one of which is from the WCC. I suspect they will try to move to the WCC conference at some time in the future if they prove themselves.
I didnt say CBU would win the Cup gk rent. I see in my crystal soccer ball that a mid major will make a run to the final four and maybe win it all in next 5 to 6 years.

I thought both UCLA and pepp looked better than the other games I saw. UCLA was better but in the second half wasn’t nearly as aggressive. Seemed happy to just try and keep the ball. I also think villacorta’s injury may have rattled them. To lose a teammate who was just drafted with what looks like an acl stinks. But that could be my anguish for her.
Pepp had two good chances and a lot of long non threatening shots. But they look good and have some players. That’s a tough first game after over a year.
Did mia fisher get a lot fitter/leaner???

OK settle down, they are good but not that good :);) It sure helped them to pickup a few solid transfers, one of which is from the WCC. I suspect they will try to move to the WCC conference at some time in the future if they prove themselves.

I watched the game on live stream. Shots were about even at 11. UOP had more corner kicks.
1st goal scored when UOP CB passed the ball back to the goalie in front of the goal and the goalie was unable to clear (huge mistake). CBU scored on two set pieces ( header,deflection and free kick). This was our first game w new coaches and CBU's third.

I think we will know how good we are come 1st game of the WCC. CBU is decent.

I have no idea. It was last year at a summer game. CBU looked like the better team. More aggressive and played with ganas. LMU played better during the fall season and looked better then they did in summer. I was just baiting LMU fan or parent into some poking. It was for fun. My old pal from the old forum days dd is going to LMU, so I root for them as well as CSUF. I love the Titans. I also root for CBU. My old college coach coached at CBU and my pals dd dances at the school. They have awesome potential. Building a soccer stadium. I see a mid major winning the Cup in the next 5 years.

Umm... I do not think there were any soccer games last year in the summer. :)

Umm... I do not think there were any soccer games last year in the summer. :)
It was summer of 2019 Ladies Man. Is your dd playing for LMU? Great school BTW and I'm a big fan. Hank & Bo and let's not forget my pal Fryer from CDM. Run and gun and score.

Sure hoping it’s not an ACL but it was textbook ACL movement and reaction. Hope I’m wrong.
from the UCLA sideline it looked there were 4 girls in big knee braces. They also have an ENORMOUS roster so a higher rate of injuries is to be expected I guess. But I’m sure hoping this long layoff doesn’t lead to an increase in injuries as games ramp up.

Sure hoping it’s not an ACL but it was textbook ACL movement and reaction. Hope I’m wrong.
from the UCLA sideline it looked there were 4 girls in big knee braces. They also have an ENORMOUS roster so a higher rate of injuries is to be expected I guess. But I’m sure hoping this long layoff doesn’t lead to an increase in injuries as games ramp up.

Enormous as in 35. Unreal.

My player has a couple of youth national rings that she earned while playing with Villacorta, and she said she nearly cried when she saw V go down..it did not look good :(

My best friend growing up was playing baseball at Cal Poly and talking to the Cincy Reds about signing a deal. He was shagging in the outfield one day and rolled his ankle very badly. Within a week they found out and stopped calling him back.

Makes me wonder why some of these ladies leave college early. Going back is easier said than done for some.

Watched the Portland Oregon St game. Spicy! Not a lot of sustained possession by either team with a lot of long searching balls but still fun to watch. Them young ladies were gettin after it!

Watched the Portland Oregon St game. Spicy! Not a lot of sustained possession by either team with a lot of long searching balls but still fun to watch. Them young ladies were gettin after it!
Portland and Gonzaga will be threats to the big three this year. No game is easy in the WCC. Ask Pepperdine after SMC’s wall defense was able to be them a win two years ago.

I expect SMC and Pacific to implement the wall defense vs.the big 3.

My best friend growing up was playing baseball at Cal Poly and talking to the Cincy Reds about signing a deal. He was shagging in the outfield one day and rolled his ankle very badly. Within a week they found out and stopped calling him back.

Makes me wonder why some of these ladies leave college early. Going back is easier said than done for some.
Was your friend mustang or bronco?

Anyone see the Pepp game. Looks like they put the beat down statistically 22 shots to 2 and that’s Subbing the entire bench. USD’s earlier loss to CBU 1-0 give me reason to believe they will be in the bottom 4 of the WCC that will include: SMC, USF and Pacific.

USF beat UOP 1-0. Led 18-9 in shots.

today will get to find out how good both UCLA and BYU are.

Back