2019 Women's D1 Soccer Talk!!!!

I have no idea what happened, other than the PK save? Please, spill the tea for the rest of us.

Apparently there was trash talking going back and forth prior to the PK...and it was allegedly continued by a Bruin parent behind the goal...her save and her trash talking is in the third video from the top...

https://twitter.com/kdmeyer19

Then she shuts everybody up with her last badass save...per Sports Center:

I can't believe they allow a parent behind the goal... let alone a douche bag. There should be a ball boy/girl and nothing else. That's a pretty basic concept from the time they're 10-years old. How many of us have seen goalkeeper in tears because dad is behind the net yelling at him/her?

I love the trash talk. At this level, you need to expect heckling from the stands. Whether it’s a parent, a student or some other fool.
I was at one of the CIF football games this weekend and was surprised by how tame the student section and all fans were. Back in the day, we were brutal to our opponents, their coaches and the referees during high school sports.

Apparently there was trash talking going back and forth prior to the PK...and it was allegedly continued by a Bruin parent behind the goal...her save and her trash talking is in the third video from the top...

She did an awesome job in goal all tournament. She is also lucky to have good teammates to calm her down. When your entire team is telling you to back off, it is good to listen.

Any parent that talks crap to or about the players is WAY too involved. As I often say, it's not like it is us hauling our butts up and down the field or facing the shots in goal. Let these amazing young women play the game without our interference. It would not surprise me to see KM in goal on the international stage as she reminds me of Hope Solo. Good with her feet, good with communcating to her team, and a bit intimidating.

The parent was in the stands...also at college games students will get the game program and use information from it to yell rude and sometimes funny insults at the opposing keeper to get the GK rattled...college GKs need a thicker skin than in club...

I love the trash talk. At this level, you need to expect heckling from the stands. Whether it’s a parent, a student or some other fool.
I was at one of the CIF football games this weekend and was surprised by how tame the student section and all fans were. Back in the day, we were brutal to our opponents, their coaches and the referees during high school sports.
I have to disagree as this becomes a slippery slope. What comments are all in good fun vs. which ones cross the line? Are students allowed to heckle, but not parents, siblings, older adults? What about the 40 year old doctoral student, are they allowed to heckle?

@timbuck you mention the fun of heckling at high school football games, does this mean it is ok at high school soccer games? And if it is ok at high school soccer games, why not at club games too? As a kid I saw many of these good natured HS football hecklings result in fist fights.

I would prefer that everyone keeps it classy, although I cannot fault someone for reaching the breaking point and dishing it back. I always told my kids that you never know when you are going to be on the same team as your rival and want them to have your back.

Everyone should save the heckling, if they have the need, for pro sports where athletes are paid or at least get endorsements.

She got game and some major Ganas. In Fact, give it up to all the ladies tonight. All showed major Ganas. NC played great soccer against the best team. That wasn't garbage. Held that Stanford team to zero goals and almost won.
Stanford ladies should have worn different cleats. They were slipping and sliding all over the place. NC coaches got the right cleats for their players.

Stanford ladies should have worn different cleats. They were slipping and sliding all over the place. NC coaches got the right cleats for their players.
They even mentioned during the game that NC forgot to bring studs and had to have them flown out. It seemed like Stanford were just wearing FG cleats.

Any parent that talks crap to or about the players is WAY too involved. As I often say, it's not like it is us hauling our butts up and down the field or facing the shots in goal. Let these amazing young women play the game without our interference. It would not surprise me to see KM in goal on the international stage as she reminds me of Hope Solo. Good with her feet, good with communcating to her team, and a bit intimidating.
Nothing wrong with talking crap in private. parents should not talk crap to kids at games. Parents that do this are just trying to intimidate the kid.

Nothing wrong with talking crap in private. parents should not talk crap to kids at games. Parents that do this are just trying to intimidate the kid.
Well I don't condone this behavior we are talking about adults here not kids since you become an adult at the age of 18. Our college age athletes will always be our kids but they are kids no longer.

She did an awesome job in goal all tournament. She is also lucky to have good teammates to calm her down. When your entire team is telling you to back off, it is good to listen.
She made zero saves in the tourney before UCLA game and gave up a bad goal in that game. 14 saves all season behind that incredible backline. Everyone should have been talking about that fantastic team effort today. Instead, everyone is focused on antics of an individual. That is my problem with it. Act like you have been there before and respect the game. On to 2020! Happy Holidays to all!

Ok....Wow...Long weekend...finally sitting down...

First off -- thanks to those that said supportive and positive comments and know KM and our family from Ulittles...appreciate it more than you know....yes, she's got a big personality, a bold and fearless woman-- always has been...fiercely loyal to her teammates-- would take a bullet for them and they know it. Wanted to win this weekend more than anything and had a little bit more swagger than usual but it paid off for the team.
Sorry, not sorry....Haters gonna hate. She's my kid and I love her-- you gotta do you!

2nd-- there is alot to say re MF situation, but we are keeping quiet. I wish MF would have done the same...which is sad...she would have been soooo much more respected had she said "I said sh*t to KM after our goal-and then she said sh*it to me after she saved my PK -and it was an adrenaline, heated competitive game and we left it all out on the field" -- DONE. Typical smack talk. Happens in men's sports ALL THE TIME.
But she didn't...and it blew up into more than it needed to be.

3rd- Her dad got involved. It was really really BAD. And that's all I will say.

Now for the good stuff....

UCLA played awesome out of the gate-- seriously was worried, but their 3 back couldn't contain SS (not sure why they didn't use a 4 back like UNC?) I do think UCLA was a bit off though...we had such an amazing game with them during conference.

UNC game -- wow---give them a ton of respect-- what a great team-- battle until the end...I had stomach cramps, heart palpitations and had a barf bag with me the entire game-- and that was before the PK'S!!!! I thought I was going to pass out by that point and would need a stretcher...crazy!!!

I enjoy this forum, I do follow most all your girls that I know-- and I root for them!!!
It's not easy this student athlete life...lots of pressure...and finals this week to boot!!

May they do well in their academics, stay healthy and injury free and enjoy a wonderful holiday season with us-- their family and friends!!
We are grateful and blessed!

First off -- thanks to those that said supportive and positive comments and know KM and our family from Ulittles...appreciate it more than you know....yes, she's got a big personality, a bold and fearless woman-- always has been...fiercely loyal to her teammates-- would take a bullet for them and they know it. Wanted to win this weekend more than anything and had a little bit more swagger than usual but it paid off for the team.
Sorry, not sorry....Haters gonna hate. She's my kid and I love her-- you gotta do you!

2nd-- there is alot to say re MF situation, but we are keeping quiet. I wish MF would have done the same...which is sad...she would have been soooo much more respected had she said "I said sh*t to KM after our goal-and then she said sh*it to me after she saved my PK -and it was an adrenaline, heated competitive game and we left it all out on the field" -- DONE. Typical smack talk. Happens in men's sports ALL THE TIME.

UCLA played awesome out of the gate-- seriously was worried, but their 3 back couldn't contain SS (not sure why they didn't use a 4 back like UNC?) I do think UCLA was a bit off though...we had such an amazing game with them during conference.

UNC game -- wow---give them a ton of respect-- what a great team-- battle until the end...I had stomach cramps, heart palpitations and had a barf bag with me the entire game-- and that was before the PK'S!!!! I thought I was going to pass out by that point and would need a stretcher...crazy!!!

I enjoy this forum, I do follow most all your girls that I know-- and I root for them!!!
It's not easy this student athlete life...lots of pressure...and finals this week to boot!!

May they do well in their academics, stay healthy and injury free and enjoy a wonderful holiday season with us-- their family and friends!!
This was my first college cup final. First off, your dd has Ganas and I love those who care and will take a bullet for the team. GK with confidence helps the whole team. TY also for sharing the battle. I thought to myself, "something is up with those two.." My favorite part was , "zip it up PaPa Bear." I say let all the crazy soccer parents yell and scream behind the goals at every game. "miss it, miss it, miss it," Today my dd team takes on Capo Valley High School for our home opener tonight. You better believe the home crowd will be yelling and screaming at Capo. I hate that school for personal reasons as well :)

I can't believe they allow a parent behind the goal... let alone a douche bag. There should be a ball boy/girl and nothing else. That's a pretty basic concept from the time they're 10-years old. How many of us have seen goalkeeper in tears because dad is behind the net yelling at him/her?
He was removed by the security after calling KM with some degrading words behind the goal. He then tried to seek her out in the tunnel then once again had to be talked to by the security. Unbelievable behavior by the parent and MF should not be saying anything on social media about this as she would not want people finding out what a clown her father is. Really unfortunate stuff

My daughter is a goalie and has that edge as well and she loves when people try to get on her. Her mom hates it and wants to fight everyone behind the goal but It seems to make my dd focus more for some reason. It is competition and in the heat of the moment after KM makes a huge save, i have no problem with what went down. Anyone that has ever played sports has heard trash talking, it is part of the game. Looks like your daughter thrives on it, as does mine. Congrats on the title and good luck to all the girls. Looking forward to 2020.

He was removed by the security after calling KM with some degrading words behind the goal. He then tried to seek her out in the tunnel then once again had to be talked to by the security. Unbelievable behavior by the parent and MF should not be saying anything on social media about this as she would not want people finding out what a clown her father is. Really unfortunate stuff

Well, that's the part that confuses me. When you heckle a goalkeeper after a goal, you wave your right to get butthurt when said keeper stuffs your ass the next go around. And frankly, said father is lucky he didn't get a folding chair wrapped around his forehead. I mean, what kind of a grown adult heckles a kid, or a college "adult", from the sidelines? Has that EVER been a good look? Then follows her in the tunnel? Has anyone here EVER respected someone in the stands mouthing off to a ref or player? When college students do it from the stands... fine. When players are in the heat of battle and put fingers in each other's faces... fine. If you're 25-year old or more, just say less... it's always the better decision. Some of you will disagree but I've never thought more of someone after they've shouted at the field.

My daughter is a goalie and has that edge as well and she loves when people try to get on her. Her mom hates it and wants to fight everyone behind the goal but It seems to make my dd focus more for some reason. It is competition and in the heat of the moment after KM makes a huge save, i have no problem with what went down. Anyone that has ever played sports has heard trash talking, it is part of the game. Looks like your daughter thrives on it, as does mine. Congrats on the title and good luck to all the girls. Looking forward to 2020.
I know who didn't play sports on here, that is obvious :) Talk smack all you want PaPa Bear and MaMa Bear. My dd is so ready to talk smack to all you crazy parents who pay to play in youth soccer. Bring it on baby!!!! I sure hope my dd plays in college because I will be screaming for the opposing team to lose. I will yell at the ref too. I know I'm crazy fan of my dd as I am for my son's new school SDSU. It's how I roll. My HS School name was the Artists. Imagine that? Gee wiz, what's wrong with some of you. Development and Pay to Play vs the Rest of Us. I just want to win the game. I don't care if it's ugly, pretty, dirty (no cheating), physical, out of control or beautiful. I just want to win the game.

Back