2019 Women's D1 Soccer Talk!!!!

He was removed by the security after calling KM with some degrading words behind the goal. He then tried to seek her out in the tunnel then once again had to be talked to by the security. Unbelievable behavior by the parent and MF should not be saying anything on social media about this as she would not want people finding out what a clown her father is. Really unfortunate stuff

Good for KM to stand up the BS talk...I'm not surprised to hear; my player has heard some serious shit talk from UCLA players in games past and most of the time she gets fired up in a good way no matter where its coming from. Kind of surprised a parent took it a step further and even went after a player in the tunnel. This isn't even tolerated in professional sports so glad security nipped it in the bud.

Done with this season and on to the Holidays. But this actually confirms my point. Everyone talking about an individual, not the fantastic team effort by Stanford and the well deserved win. That's all a result of mugging for cameras and some over the top IMHO theatrics. Would everyone be singing the same tune if the initial goal scorer would have run up into the goal, stood over keeper and shouted FU after scoring on the keeper who had talked trash first?? No offense to KM or any player. My DD has trained with her many times. They are friends. Just cut from different cloth. Don't think that's the best look for the game. But opinions do vary. Good luck to all. Looking forward to 2020.

Is anyone really surprised at UCLA having zero class? They disrespect the flag by kneeling during the national anthem and disrespect the game by their behavior. I know of at least one UCLA parent that is a felon and another that knocks old ladies from wheelchairs. Karma can be so sweet if you believe in that kind of thing. You can take the thug out of the hood but cant take the hood out of the thug. That shit should be the UCLA motto.

Is anyone really surprised at UCLA having zero class? They disrespect the flag by kneeling during the national anthem and disrespect the game by their behavior. I know of at least one UCLA parent that is a felon and another that knocks old ladies from wheelchairs. Karma can be so sweet if you believe in that kind of thing. You can take the thug out of the hood but cant take the hood out of the thug. That shit should be the UCLA motto.
I was going to say that they just got rid of MAP and now they are stuck with another loud mouth jerk. Disappointing that Cromwell lets this behavior go unchecked, but not surprising given she had no problem having Lauren Isackson's parents buy her way onto the team.

Changing the subject all together, has anyone had any experience with the transfer portal? My DD may be looking into it after giving her Soph yr another try. It's not about money, playtime, accolades, etc, but she was sold a pretty package .. and doesn't respect the coach.

Changing the subject all together, has anyone had any experience with the transfer portal? My DD may be looking into it after giving her Soph yr another try. It's not about money, playtime, accolades, etc, but she was sold a pretty package .. and doesn't respect the coach.

Which school?

I would advise against answering that on a public forum.
Yep, not answering that one, and yes have read many documents. It's just the thought of making the decision with your DD to put her name out there, then to have to make a huge decision quickly. The only way to prepare I suppose is to visit your old teammates and new friends at potential schools until she makes up her mind to transfer to show interest.

Done with this season and on to the Holidays. But this actually confirms my point. Everyone talking about an individual, not the fantastic team effort by Stanford and the well deserved win. That's all a result of mugging for cameras and some over the top IMHO theatrics. Would everyone be singing the same tune if the initial goal scorer would have run up into the goal, stood over keeper and shouted FU after scoring on the keeper who had talked trash first?? No offense to KM or any player. My DD has trained with her many times. They are friends. Just cut from different cloth. Don't think that's the best look for the game. But opinions do vary. Good luck to all. Looking forward to 2020.

I would be singing the same tune.

I would be singing the same tune.
Yea, I would being singing the same tune as well.

Not sure why GKDAD thinks it changes anything if its to a goalie or a field player,..doesnt make any difference to me. If you open your mouth and talk smack (field player or goalie), you own any reaction that may come from that.
When i grew up, my parents used four words all the time,.."That's what you get!"
For example, when I rode my bike without my hands on the handlebars, and I crashed my bike and got a concussion, the first words out of my parents mouth were "Thats what you get!". Pretty simple concept, that their are potential consequences for our actions, and we are responsible and accountable for them and any repercussions that may come from them.
Unfortunately today this concept is lost on many families and kids.

Its crystal clear in the video that KM words to MF were exactly as represented by the Stanford side of the camp here ("Is it the Keeper?"). Obviously thats a clear response to trash talking coming her way as it too specific of wording to be otherwise. So as far as I am concerned, the Stanford side is being truthful, while the UCLA side seems to be lying as to what really happened here (clearly she did not say "F U" as some have represented, luckily video proves that not the case.
In this particular case MF chose to take her hands off the handlebar and it bit her in the butt in a big way,...and her dad sounds like he is busy trying to sue the bike manufacturer.

Lastly, I am not sure why a goalie celebrating saves in the UNC game is classless or arrogant. Don't field players celebrate when they score on a goalie all the time? But when a goalie saves a PK or shot she is supposed to do nothing or else she is arrogant? Why the difference vs the field players? I am ok if a goalie doesnt want to celebrate, nothing wrong with that at all. But i am not following why its arrogant if a goalie does chose to celebrate..particularly in the biggest game of her life going to PKs in a national championship.
Might I point out, she stopped 3 of 7 PK's,..and I believe she got a hand on 2 of the 4 made PKs. She was an absolute BOSS between the sticks, under massive pressure in the biggest games of her life.

Does anyone know where to order KM posters and jerseys? I want to wallpaper my DD room and get her some new school clothes.

Yea, I would being singing the same tune as well.

Not sure why GKDAD thinks it changes anything if its to a goalie or a field player,..doesnt make any difference to me. If you open your mouth and talk smack (field player or goalie), you own any reaction that may come from that.
When i grew up, my parents used four words all the time,.."That's what you get!"
For example, when I rode my bike without my hands on the handlebars, and I crashed my bike and got a concussion, the first words out of my parents mouth were "Thats what you get!". Pretty simple concept, that their are potential consequences for our actions, and we are responsible and accountable for them and any repercussions that may come from them.
Unfortunately today this concept is lost on many families and kids.

Its crystal clear in the video that KM words to MF were exactly as represented by the Stanford side of the camp here ("Is it the Keeper?"). Obviously thats a clear response to trash talking coming her way as it too specific of wording to be otherwise. So as far as I am concerned, the Stanford side is being truthful, while the UCLA side seems to be lying as to what really happened here (clearly she did not say "F U" as some have represented, luckily video proves that not the case.
In this particular case MF chose to take her hands off the handlebar and it bit her in the butt in a big way,...and her dad sounds like he is busy trying to sue the bike manufacturer.

Lastly, I am not sure why a goalie celebrating saves in the UNC game is classless or arrogant. Don't field players celebrate when they score on a goalie all the time? But when a goalie saves a PK or shot she is supposed to do nothing or else she is arrogant? Why the difference vs the field players? I am ok if a goalie doesnt want to celebrate, nothing wrong with that at all. But i am not following why its arrogant if a goalie does chose to celebrate..particularly in the biggest game of her life going to PKs in a national championship.
Might I point out, she stopped 3 of 7 PK's,..and I believe she got a hand on 2 of the 4 made PKs. She was an absolute BOSS between the sticks, under massive pressure in the biggest games of her life.

Does anyone know where to order KM posters and jerseys? I want to wallpaper my DD room and get her some new school clothes.

And she is a Redshirt Freshman, according to the Stanford soccer roster, so she has three more seasons available (if she keeps her grades up). She already has a public presence bigger than any other current college soccer player, male or female.

Been away, but just wanted to go on record...

+ props due to Stanford goalie
+ smack talking totally fine as long as it's not racist, etc - only reason women's soccer made it onto SportsCenter was the "zipper throw-away" (that's a good thing)
+ a well played final game, both teams pressed hard and tried to play good soccer
+ hate championship games coming down to PK's, don't think it has any relevance to the more deserving team; at least extend the OT periods longer than 2 x 10' halfs
+ UCLA got absolutely smoked in the semi...very surprised...big coaching error to play with 3 backs...a lot of drama follows that team
+ Congrats to Wash St on an amazing season and losing a tight one to the 2nd best team in the country (NC)
+ Anyone else notice that the PAC-12 football championship was scheduled at the same time as the semi-finals and that the CornHole Tournament was on a higher-rated ESPN channel than ESPNU?

Best of the holidays to all parents here--give your kids a few weeks break from soccer--it will do them some good. (some of you need this advice a lot more than others)

And she is a Redshirt Freshman, according to the Stanford soccer roster, so she has three more seasons available (if she keeps her grades up). She already has a public presence bigger than any other current college soccer player, male or female.

Will be interesting to see how that position shakes out with a top recruit coming in. Of course, it's no surprise when a top recruit goes to Stanford but, unlike field positions, only want stands between the posts.

Will be interesting to see how that position shakes out with a top recruit coming in. Of course, it's no surprise when a top recruit goes to Stanford but, unlike field positions, only want stands between the posts.

The Stanford model, like many big schools serious about athletic championshjps., is a Freshman year working on a managed weight and muscle conditioning program and no game time, then a Redshirt Freshman year with full practice duty and occasional game appearances, then a year as backup (or maybe second backup), and if you are not a starter or an obvious candidate to start next year (Redshirt Junior, Year 4 of 5 allowed), the time has come to be checking out the rugby team.

KM blew that model up by becoming starter in her second year. Any top GK recruit just coming into the school will be ready for the big time just in time.

Back