2019/2020 Fall Seasons update

To round out the Slammers/CDA Slammers Flight 1 discussion, add in CDA HB Elite coached by Jon Crowley.

I would contend they are not on the exact same competitive plane as the aforementioned 4 teams - if for no other reason than our team having a very competitive result against them while our games against 3 of the other 4 we played this year were more out of reach (and quite out of reach in the case of MF and TD).

That said, HB Elite can hang with the best teams as shown by what they did in league vs. Beach and Galaxy SB this Fall.

I do think they have all had continuity described above too - but I believe TD prior to the 2019 tournament season was coached by AA, but could stand corrected there if someone else has more info.

Slammers has multiple locations... main hub is Newport Beach which is managed by Youth director Pete Aguirre (07’s, 08’s, 09’s 2010’s) .. other locations include CDA (which are branches of main hub) and also Include West Slammers (Tustin / Cerritos), etc. They have not changed names ... just multiple competing emails teams.

Wow. That whole slammers thing is confusing. But I think I got it now. Thanks for the clarification.

So all these slammers teams, like all the burger kings, are one big company with the main office being in Newport and managed by Pete Aguirre and all the other incarnation of slammers (west, cda, etc.) are part of the main company but they may be managed by other people?

So all these slammers teams, like all the burger kings, are one big company with the main office being in Newport and managed by Pete Aguirre and all the other incarnation of slammers (west, cda, etc.) are part of the main company but they may be managed by other people?
No, I believe CDA Is a separate entity...but is an affiliate of Newport Slammers. They operate separately.

That was the semifinal which Slammers won handily.

Slammers MF/PA vs Liverpool is the final
You have to give credit to Arsenal FC for getting out of pool play and making it to the semis out in Vegas Cup Gold Division .. I heard that they were without their 3 top players (goalie, midfielder and striker). I heard the striker (probably their best scorer) went over to Slammers PA for State Cup.

It was a fun weekend guesting with the Arsenal team. My DD was the keeper this weekend and yes they were without their top forward, midfielder, and keeper. We just ran into a “stacked” Liverpool team that scored some unfortunate goals early. All in all good weekend though.

I would like to provide some clarity on the slammers and CDA slammers structure. "CDA" comes from an old Soviet era term. It loosely translates to Comrade Distribution Agency. It is a tightly joined federation of teams in So. Cal...you know...a lot like the countries that made up the Soviet Union. It also means that they share their players freely to go win tournament trophies. You know...a lot like the USSR teams that won a lot of gold medals. Often you will find Slammer teams show up at tournaments with an all star team. When I say often, it actually means you can count on it. In such a system, a team is very successful on paper but many people in the system suffer often. It is a system that benefits those at the top disproportionately...you know...a lot like the Soviets! I hope this clarifies any confusion.

I remember #4 on Arsenal standing out when we played them in a tournament back in 2018. A lot can change in terms of team make-up, player development, etc.…but if that team we faced was minus her, it would been quite a hit.

Hopefully the team is OK. They beat us in the final, but it was a nice little joint medal ceremony. Seemed like nice girls, coach, and families.

I would like to provide some clarity on the slammers and CDA slammers structure. "CDA" comes from an old Soviet era term. It loosely translates to Comrade Distribution Agency. It is a tightly joined federation of teams in So. Cal...you know...a lot like the countries that made up the Soviet Union. It also means that they share their players freely to go win tournament trophies. You know...a lot like the USSR teams that won a lot of gold medals. Often you will find Slammer teams show up at tournaments with an all star team. When I say often, it actually means you can count on it. In such a system, a team is very successful on paper but many people in the system suffer often. It is a system that benefits those at the top disproportionately...you know...a lot like the Soviets! I hope this clarifies any confusion.
Now THAT was a post worth creating (today) a brand new alternate account for!

When you say “many people in the system suffer often,” to whom are you referring?

Oh boy...McCarthy is in the house... :)

Anyway, going back to Vegas Cup, I was a bit disappointed by Players Elite. I got to watch the first half of their first game and thought they were playing beautyfully: mainly 2 touches, moving ball side to side, good penetrations by the forward. There I thought they would easily at least get to the final but I must have been fooled by the level of their opponent. So when their competition got harder they only managed to tie Slammers TD and then get severely beat up by Slammers MF/PA in the semifinal. Did anybody get to watch that semifinal game and share if the game wasn't close as the score would suggest?

Oh boy...McCarthy is in the house... :)

Anyway, going back to Vegas Cup, I was a bit disappointed by Players Elite. I got to watch the first half of their first game and thought they were playing beautyfully: mainly 2 touches, moving ball side to side, good penetrations by the forward. There I thought they would easily at least get to the final but I must have been fooled by the level of their opponent. So when their competition got harder they only managed to tie Slammers TD and then get severely beat up by Slammers MF/PA in the semifinal. Did anybody get to watch that semifinal game and share if the game wasn't close as the score would suggest?
I believe the score was was 3-0 at halftime and game was never in doubt. Not sure if players were missing players or just had an “off day”? Every time I have seen them play they play great soccer and are a tough team to beat.

I believe the score was was 3-0 at halftime and game was never in doubt. Not sure if players were missing players or just had an “off day”? Every time I have seen them play they play great soccer and are a tough team to beat.
I am pretty sure they were missing players as it was a holiday.

That may be the one of the most creative posts I've ever read about a youth soccer club. Thanks for that.

One question though, is GOATS the equivalent of the United Nations then?

One question though, is GOATS the equivalent of the United Nations then?
No. GOATS is more in the vein of a Rogue State like Yugoslavia in the 90's that started around the end of the holodnoya voyna. But I am probably not giving GOATS enough credit. It is a little more sinister than Yugoslavia, and it is a closer cousin to North Korea. Not the current third generation North Korea, but when our friend Kim Il Sung was leading it. It was a lot more competent and scarier then...ah the good ole days when our system thrived. Now all we have is United Slammers Soccer Regions. We shall rise again.

Back