2019/2020 Fall Seasons update

When you say “many people in the system suffer often,” to whom are you referring?
This was a slightly more artful approach. First ever post from an account. However, account was created a little bit ago as opposed to that very day. It’s good to have bullets in the holster for when you want to start saying things you don’t want to be attributed to your “main” profile which is tied to the roll call. :)

Anyway – I propose we add two layers of transparency here. Rather than have this be an argument launched between two brand new accounts that are more than likely cover accounts for people already on this forum....

Let’s have these people raise their hand as to who they really are. Then, let’s take it off the forum. Let’s set up a bareknuckle boxing match. I’m thinking along the lines of Lane and Pete from Mad Men with a few exclusive viewers with the shades drawn.

Or maybe we do it as a Premier Super Copa Goats fundraiser charging admission and parking at Troy High School with those beautiful fields. I always look for an excuse just to roll around on that grass for a few minutes.

This was a slightly more artful approach. First ever post from an account. However, account was created a little bit ago as opposed to that very day. It’s good to have bullets in the holster for when you want to start saying things you don’t want to be attributed to your “main” profile which is tied to the roll call. :)

Anyway – I propose we add two layers of transparency here. Rather than have this be an argument launched between two brand new accounts that are more than likely cover accounts for people already on this forum....

Let’s have these people raise their hand as to who they really are. Then, let’s take it off the forum. Let’s set up a bareknuckle boxing match. I’m thinking along the lines of Lane and Pete from Mad Men with a few exclusive viewers with the shades drawn.

Or maybe we do it as a Premier Super Copa Goats fundraiser charging admission and parking at Troy High School with those beautiful fields. I always look for an excuse just to roll around on that grass for a few minutes.
See Tim, your writing has already improved so much. It is way more interesting to read. I am glad to be your inspiration.

I have no intention of engaging in an argument on this forum. To quote a great man, Mance Rayder, who lived beyond the wall, "if you don't understand (me), there is no point explaining".

In my advanced age, I cannot agree to a boxing match. Besides, where I come from, snow is a more familiar footing, not grass.

I will add a little transparency. I am not a cover account for another poster. I truly was inspired for the first time yesterday to post. Sorry that I was boasting about the slammers and my former home, Soviet Union.

That’s not going to happen unfortunately. Troy high school fields are and will be off limits for a while thanks to some clever parents :(

See Tim, your writing has already improved so much. It is way more interesting to read. I am glad to be your inspiration.
I see wonderful collaboration in the works. I truly find benefit in partnering with those who help me fulfill my potential as a more interesting person. It's been a lifetime challenge.

Welcome to the forum. Or welcome to a "post lurking existence" on the forum. Look forward to your post to the roll call.

I see wonderful collaboration in the works. I truly find benefit in partnering with those who help me fulfill my potential as a more interesting person. It's been a lifetime challenge.

Welcome to the forum. Or welcome to a "post lurking existence" on the forum. Look forward to your post to the roll call.

No argument here either. Just thought it was a legitimate question.

No argument here either. Just thought it was a legitimate question.
Definitely would need lovelygoal to speak for themselves, but I could give my own interpretation. While the post was metaphorical, humorous, and clever, it was trying to convey something.

What I have heard (and what several are alluding to here) is that Slammers do a lot of guesting across teams. PA, arguably their top team, reportedly spreads the love with their players when they are on a weekend off. Ohishi won Cerritos Memorial in 2019. Reports are there were 2 guests from PA. MF just won Vegas. Reports were there were 3-4 guests from PA.

To be clear this is all within the rules. Where I think people might see "suffering in the system" are the players on those teams who lost minutes to guests so a group of 9-10-year-olds could win a tournament that likely doesn't matter in the long run.

Lots of philosophies on guests.

- Down a few players and need help? Yes - a big club helps.
- Want to try out some new players who might join your team? Totally.
- Adding players to a roster size you have been getting away with while taking on players from within your club who will never join your team in order to beef up for a tourney? Allowable of course, but not sure how I would feel as a parent paying for club soccer for my kid who gets bumped minutes in that scenario.

Those of us who realize that USWNT is a pipe dream and college soccer (while are kids are age 9-10) is a long way off are paying thousands of dollars for improvement and development. I think some might argue that doesn't happen in this guesting model.

2 winter league games for us. Playing up a year with mixed competition - largely flight 2 & 3 2008 teams + 1 other 2009 + 1 recreational team that is unfortunately misplaced.

I love this forum!!! It’s hands down the best on the internets.
So I had an epiphany today about GOATS and Slammers. I had it all wrong and have to thank Tim Powell for this epiphany.

All Star teams or not, everyone is just following the rules. It’s up to clubs and tournament directors to do something if they don’t like the idea. My sincere apologies for what was my strong opinion.

The other thing that opened my eyes was when I was called out for self-loathing to bring a team to Super Copa just to try and prove a point. Nail was hit on the head. Made it more about “I had to be right” than anything else.

Even though it doesn’t really matter at this point, I am still predicting PDA will be #1 after Super Copa unless Dfeeters shows up. I enjoy watching the rankings as I experience more and more top teams for contrast.

Definitely would need lovelygoal to speak for themselves, but I could give my own interpretation. While the post was metaphorical, humorous, and clever, it was trying to convey something.

What I have heard (and what several are alluding to here) is that Slammers do a lot of guesting across teams. PA, arguably their top team, reportedly spreads the love with their players when they are on a weekend off. Ohishi won Cerritos Memorial in 2019. Reports are there were 2 guests from PA. MF just won Vegas. Reports were there were 3-4 guests from PA.

To be clear this is all within the rules. Where I think people might see "suffering in the system" are the players on those teams who lost minutes to guests so a group of 9-10-year-olds could win a tournament that likely doesn't matter in the long run.

Lots of philosophies on guests.

- Down a few players and need help? Yes - a big club helps.
- Want to try out some new players who might join your team? Totally.
- Adding players to a roster size you have been getting away with while taking on players from within your club who will never join your team in order to beef up for a tourney? Allowable of course, but not sure how I would feel as a parent paying for club soccer for my kid who gets bumped minutes in that scenario.

Those of us who realize that USWNT is a pipe dream and college soccer (while are kids are age 9-10) is a long way off are paying thousands of dollars for improvement and development. I think some might argue that doesn't happen in this guesting model.

You are correct on everything you say. The thing is, is that the players that get bumped by the All Star guest players are, generally speaking, "tweeners" - too talented for Silver or Flight 2 level, but not sufficiently developed to be starters on top level Silver Elite or Flight 1 teams. So what is better? Play down and play every minute of every game, but not get challenged? Or, play up, get the opportunity to practice and play with elite players, yet knowing that game time will be less and risk getting bumped by All Star guest players at tournaments?

You are correct on everything you say. The thing is, is that the players that get bumped by the All Star guest players are, generally speaking, "tweeners" - too talented for Silver or Flight 2 level, but not sufficiently developed to be starters on top level Silver Elite or Flight 1 teams. So what is better? Play down and play every minute of every game, but not get challenged? Or, play up, get the opportunity to practice and play with elite players, yet knowing that game time will be less and risk getting bumped by All Star guest players at tournaments?
I hear you. The question on what is better for a tweener is up to every family to determine whether they want their kid to be a world beater in flight 2 or a sub in flight 1.

All I am saying is, those who choose the latter route maybe aren’t real happy when 4 ringers are added to the roster in a tournament who have no intention of joining their team, but are just there for the team to win the tournament.

Sure – fun to put that medal on when it’s all said and done, but when you look back and realize you lost 15 minutes of playing time in each game against awesome competition, was that what you really wanted? Especially when you picked up the tab for the costs?

It’s one thing to be a sub versus your own teammates. Being a sub for ringer guests is another.

The other thing that opened my eyes was when I was called out for self-loathing to bring a team to Super Copa just to try and prove a point.
I have certainly had my disagreements with things you have said here before, but wasn’t trying to put you in your place or anything with that comment. I honestly thought you’d get a chuckle. We’re all just trying to enjoy the ride here. :)

I love this forum!!! It’s hands down the best on the internets.
So I had an epiphany today about GOATS and Slammers. I had it all wrong and have to thank Tim Powell for this epiphany.

All Star teams or not, everyone is just following the rules. It’s up to clubs and tournament directors to do something if they don’t like the idea. My sincere apologies for what was my strong opinion.

The other thing that opened my eyes was when I was called out for self-loathing to bring a team to Super Copa just to try and prove a point. Nail was hit on the head. Made it more about “I had to be right” than anything else.

Even though it doesn’t really matter at this point, I am still predicting PDA will be #1 after Super Copa unless Dfeeters shows up. I enjoy watching the rankings as I experience more and more top teams for contrast.
DKSC Voutier, Solar South Adames, and Solar Angelone will all be at Supercopa this summer in Cincinnati

Back