Surf Cup

Anyone know if 03 player can compete in both Older Flight (U-15) Team at end of July and with U-14 Team in August?

Anyone know if 03 player can compete in both Older Flight (U-15) Team at end of July and with U-14 Team in August?

Yes, my daughter won 2 Surf Cup championships in one year, playing up with a Legends FC older team, and with her normal team. It was at the end of her U14 season, and she played up in the U16 older brackets. A couple of D3 schools contacted her the following week and asked for her transcripts. They were surprised when she asked them if they wanted to see her 8th grade transcripts because she wasn't in high school yet.

Anyone have any insight into the out-of-state (non-CalSouth) teams? I am not sure that I have ever seen any of these squads...so excited with the opportunity to see a few of them in group-play!

Anyone have any insight into the out-of-state (non-CalSouth) teams? I am not sure that I have ever seen any of these squads...so excited with the opportunity to see a few of them in group-play!
Is the Solar Chelsea Team playing in Surf Cup 03 the same team that just won the National Championship vs Blues? If so, Solar will be the favorite team to win out!

Is the Solar Chelsea Team playing in Surf Cup 03 the same team that just won the National Championship vs Blues? If so, Solar will be the favorite team to win out!

I believe that was the 2002 age-group...but wouldn't be surprised to see a few girls that played-up at those National Championships last weekend out on the Surf Cup fields this weekend with their age-correct teams.

I believe that was the 2002 age-group...but wouldn't be surprised to see a few girls that played-up at those National Championships last weekend out on the Surf Cup fields this weekend with their age-correct teams.
It was the finals for the old age groups...so last years u13...which was a mix of older 03s and younger 02s.

It was the finals for the old age groups...so last years u13...which was a mix of older 03s and younger 02s.
It looks like 8 Solar Chelsea girls from the U13 National Championship Team are on the current 03 Solar Chelsea red Team. Congrats to the U13 Solar Chelsea team for playing some beautiful soccer in the National Championship's! Well deserved and earned Championship!!

Does anyone know what happened to the Liverpool team from Texas that was supposed to win Surf Cup last year in the GU12 bracket, but ended up not advancing out of pool play. I remember so much hype surrounding that team and it seems like they have been very quiet lately.

It seems like the Surf Cup Committee caught a lot of flak about opening the tournament up to so many teams, but it appears to me that every team regardless of flight will have tough matchups all three pool play games. And for the teams that do advance to the elimination rounds, they will have to play extremely well to advance to the semis and finals.

I think it is very possible that we will see some big surprises along the way.

I am excited for this weekend and looking forward not just to my dd's games, but all games in her age group.

I don't think Liverpool wants to Swim on this side of the pond anymore, There was alot of hype about there so called #1 ranking at the time. From what I saw they were competative. They made a good showing at Surf cup but were not a dominant team.
On another note: Which age group should we be looking at for Last years Surf Cup Results?:
Surf Cup GU12 Results (http://events.gotsport.com/events/resultsgrid.aspx?EventID=44194&GroupID=455343)
Surf Cup GU13 Results (http://events.gotsport.com/events/resultsgrid.aspx?EventID=44194&GroupID=421779)
If I look at Both and what little info there is on the teams,
My Predition is:
Quarter-Finalists:
Surf
Legends
Chelsea
LVPSA
Blues
Strikers
Arsenal
Beach (Demelo)
Semi-Finalists:
Surf
Chelsea
Blues
Arsenal
Finalists:
Surf
Blues

I don't think Liverpool wants to Swim on this side of the pond anymore, There was alot of hype about there so called #1 ranking at the time. From what I saw they were competative. They made a good showing at Surf cup but were not a dominant team.
On another note: Which age group should we be looking at for Last years Surf Cup Results?:
Surf Cup GU12 Results (http://events.gotsport.com/events/resultsgrid.aspx?EventID=44194&GroupID=455343)
Surf Cup GU13 Results (http://events.gotsport.com/events/resultsgrid.aspx?EventID=44194&GroupID=421779)
If I look at Both and what little info there is on the teams,
My Predition is:
Quarter-Finalists:
Surf
Legends
Chelsea
LVPSA
Blues
Strikers
Arsenal
Beach (Demelo)
Semi-Finalists:
Surf
Chelsea
Blues
Arsenal
Finalists:
Surf
Blues

Predictions anyone?? Here are mine:

Bracket winners:
Bracket A winner: Surf ECNL
Bracket B winner: Solar Chelsea
Bracket C winner: Blues ECNL (Rumor has it Blues may not have a large bench this weekend due to injuries and no discovery players.)
Bracket D winner: Crossfire ECNL
Bracket E winner: Arsenal ECNL (Keep in mind rumor has it that the Team is bringing all of their 03’s from Arsenal 02 ECNL Team to win Surf Cup. In it to win it!!)

Wild Cards:
Strikers ECNL, Legends Academy, Real SoCal ECNL

Quarter Finals:
Surf ECNL vs Real SoCal ECNL
Solar Chelsea vs Crossfire ECNL
Blues ECNL vs Legends Academy (Rematch of Legends Cup. Legends will be looking to pull the upset!!)
Arsenal ECNL vs Strikers ECNL (Strikers will be looking to pull the upset after being put in a tough bracket with Arsenal. Strikers should have been placed in Bracket D. I smell a little home cooking by Surf!!)

Semi Finals:
Surf ECNL vs Solar Chelsea
Blues ECNL vs Arsenal ECNL

Championship Game:
Solar Chelsea vs Arsenal ECNL

Solar Chelsea Champions!! (8 03 returning players from winning National Championship vs Blues Baker 02 last weekend!!)

Great competition this weekend and good luck to all of the 03 Teams! May the best Team hold up the trophy and wear the jackets on Monday!!

Anyone have a different List for the Semi's?
Semi-Finalists:
Surf ECNL vs Solar Chelsea
Blues ECNL vs Arsenal ECNL

I am not making any predictions for the eliminations games for Surf Cup (you are welcome Generik - don't want to give you the curse). But I will make my picks for the teams that advance out of each group:
Bracket A - SD Surf
Bracket B - Solar Chelsea and Beach FC Demelo (WC #1)
Bracket C - So Cal Blues and D'Feeters (WC #3)
Bracket D - Force
Bracket E - Strikers and Arsenal (WC #2)
***With the bracket winners and three WC's advancing, it is really tough to make predictions.

However, if that statement about Solar Chelsea having 8 players from the team that beat Blues Baker in the Nationals last weekend is true, it would figure they are going to be one very tough out for any team this weekend. I guess those SC girls could be tired from last weekend, but the weather is going to be so much cooler in Oceanside versus Texas, so maybe they almost feel like they are on vacation.

I think all games in the top flight are going to be fun to watch, but the elimination games could be epic! I am hopeful my dd makes it to Monday, so I have a reason to be at the fields.

One last sobering thought.....the G03's will be playing during the Olders weekend next year.

Reactions: cr7
Rumors abound in regards to Arsenal FC...I heard some of the current '03's moved to other clubs just before the 8/1 deadline. They will compete regardless as the guest pool is quite deep for RB.

Rumors abound in regards to Arsenal FC...I heard some of the current '03's moved to other clubs just before the 8/1 deadline. They will compete regardless as the guest pool is quite deep for RB.
Not a rumor, 1 player already moved to Blues ecnl. Sounds like Arsenal will be tough this weekend with their 02 stud odp 03's coming in to win it at 03. Last weekend Arsenal's 02 ecnl team didn't even make it out of bracket play @ Surf which has to be a rare occurance for this team who has been so dominant this summer.

I think this may be the new normal for a while...with players playing up or back down to their true age-group in these marquee events until the age-changes recalibrate our teams' player pools - which may take a few years to cycle through the teams.

More than ever, this Surf Cup is a huge unknown and very hard to predict...many prior posts have eluded to it - where is Liverpool? Why is CZ Elite in Flight 3? Will out-of-states compete? Will SoCal ECNL squads have numbers (Arsenal and Blues)?

Typically we go into this event with a general idea of the teams favored to advance...this year truly seems like a toss-up for the entire field of teams participating.

It's kind of nice...with everyone looking to put their mark on the age-group by advancing to Monday-play...but making predictions very difficult.

So thanks to everyone above who were willing to make their predictions...and to Booey for keeping his predictions to himself so we all still have a chance to advance this weekend.

Good luck everyone...and as long as my dd clears referee check-in...she should see some play-time with a brace and sleeve on her arm to protect her injury.

I think this may be the new normal for a while...with players playing up or back down to their true age-group in these marquee events until the age-changes recalibrate our teams' player pools - which may take a few years to cycle through the teams.

More than ever, this Surf Cup is a huge unknown and very hard to predict...many prior posts have eluded to it - where is Liverpool? Why is CZ Elite in Flight 3? Will out-of-states compete? Will SoCal ECNL squads have numbers (Arsenal and Blues)?

Typically we go into this event with a general idea of the teams favored to advance...this year truly seems like a toss-up for the entire field of teams participating.

It's kind of nice...with everyone looking to put their mark on the age-group by advancing to Monday-play...but making predictions very difficult.

So thanks to everyone above who were willing to make their predictions...and to Booey for keeping his predictions to himself so we all still have a chance to advance this weekend.

Good luck everyone...and as long as my dd clears referee check-in...she should see some play-time with a brace and sleeve on her arm to protect her injury.
Good to hear about your DD and we will see you guys Sat afternoon

Back