Surf Cup – 04s (8/6 – 8/8) – Tech Specs

Arsenal 1 - 0 So Cal Real

Physical match up as expected So Cal Real played physical and intensity matching Arsenal las style of play

Arsenal had the Edge for the most of the game, but So Cal Real was able to drive the ball deep into the final 3rd a couple of times putting pressure on Arsenals back line

Both teams missed opportunities in particular a Golden Opportunity from So Cal with a break away towards the end of the game to tie - only to be stopped by a good play from the keep.

Arsenal moves on

Ars

Arsenal vs MVLA
MVLA wins in PK

Back and forth battle -evenly matched - battle was mostly in the middle with teams making runs - edge goes to MVLA

MVLA great ball control and movement 'Barca' style - at times getting Arsenal out of position

Arsenal also had strong runs at times but was met with formidable Defense

Overall Hard fought match

Arsenal vs MVLA
MVLA wins in PK

Back and forth battle -evenly matched - battle was mostly in the middle with teams making runs - edge goes to MVLA

MVLA great ball control and movement 'Barca' style - at times getting Arsenal out of position

Arsenal also had strong runs at times but was met with formidable Defense

Overall Hard fought match
Arsenal failed to convert a PK in the second half.

Reactions: cr7
What a grind. There has been a razor thin margin of error for all teams that extended to the 4 quarterfinal games. Two 1-0 games and two 0-0 games that went to PK's. In 34 total games including quarterfinals, a team scored 3 or more goals in the game just 3 times. Our Force girls had two ties and 6 points after the first day. In their 4 games, they were ahead at the end of regulation once. I guess that's one recipe to get to the semi's at Surf Cup.

I think there has been so much talk about MVLA, that Deanza might just come out and upset the belle of the ball. If any team can match their pace and how they spread the field it would be Deanza. You rarely see a nor cal team in the semis at the younger age groups for So Cal tournaments, however these two teams are the exception and will be a FORCE to be reckoned with for years to come. I have Deanza beating MVLA!!! Any thoughts on the Slammers vs. Surf game?

I think there has been so much talk about MVLA, that Deanza might just come out and upset the belle of the ball. If any team can match their pace and how they spread the field it would be Deanza. You rarely see a nor cal team in the semis at the younger age groups for So Cal tournaments, however these two teams are the exception and will be a FORCE to be reckoned with for years to come. I have Deanza beating MVLA!!! Any thoughts on the Slammers vs. Surf game?
After watching both teams play several games this weekend, their style of play is very similar and players are all technically sound. MVLA is my pick to win it all as I think they have a few more girls that are more athletic at this point and can be more dangerous then Deanza. I think Surf will take the other semi but MVLA wins it all which will be well deserved as they will have had the toughest road for sure of the four remaining teams. But who knows this age group has so many good teams that are evenly matched, these games could come down to pks. Good luck to all the teams today.

Congrats to MVLA - they were class all weekend. Hope all the girls and parents enjoyed their time together. Although this was definitely not our finest hour, had a great time with my DD. Also great to see some old friends and meet some new ones. Good to meet you, Tech! We'll do it all again this weekend at West Coast...

Congrats to MVLA - they were class all weekend. Hope all the girls and parents enjoyed their time together. Although this was definitely not our finest hour, had a great time with my DD. Also great to see some old friends and meet some new ones. Good to meet you, Tech! We'll do it all again this weekend at West Coast...
I met a ton of nice people this weekend, before and after tough games. The soccer family is truly special and embracing of one another, see everyone at CRL!

Back