Seeking the best team for my elite daughter (former ECNL player in New Jersey) who has faced many obstacles

I am sorry if I came across as arrogant, but I am only trying to defend my daughter and myself from the constant attacks and insults from some of the users on this forum. I do not understand why there is such hostility and judgment towards me and my daughter. I am not here to brag or boast, I am here to share our story and seek advice and support from other soccer parents who have similar experiences and challenges.

You have said more than once that if she is as good as I claim, her former coach and club would have made all the arrangements already for us in SoCal. That is not true. Her former coach and club did not care about her or her future. They only cared about their own reputation and profit. They did not help us with anything when we moved from New Jersey to Southern California. They did not recommend us any teams or clubs in our new area. They did not contact any coaches or scouts for us. They did not even say goodbye or wish us luck.

You say that driving to San Diego Surf 3-4 times a week from Culver City is pure insanity for an 8th grader, regardless of my financial status. That is your opinion, but I disagree. I think it is worth it for my daughter to play for one of the best teams in the country, with some of the best coaches and players in the league. I think it is worth it for my daughter to have a chance to showcase her talent and potential in front of hundreds of scouts who attend the ECNL events3. I think it is worth it for my daughter to pursue her dream of playing soccer at the highest level possible.

Following in Moultrie's footsteps? That is your suggestion, but I do not think it is the best option for my daughter right now. My daughter is trying to live as normal of a childhood as possible, while also balancing her soccer commitments and academic goals. She is not ready to give up her education or her social life for a professional career that may or may not work out. She will eventually follow in the footsteps of those girls, when she feels ready and confident to do so. But for now, she wants to play in the ECNL, which is a great platform for her development and exposure. She wants to play in college, which is a great opportunity for her education and experience. She wants to play for the USWNT, which is a great honor for her country and passion.
Good morning Lewis I sent you a DM don't let them get you down.

Don't fall for his oppressed tone. This guy has all the signs of a troll.
I understand that you may have some doubts or suspicions about me, but I assure you that I am not a troll or a liar. I am a real person with a real daughter who loves soccer more than anything else. I am proud of her talent and passion, but I also worry about her happiness and well-being. I want her to enjoy the game and reach her full potential, but I also want her to have fun and make friends. I want her to play on a team that suits her needs and aspirations, but I also want her to be treated fairly and respectfully.

I know that finding such a team is not easy, especially in Southern California where there is so much competition and politics. That is why I am here, looking for some guidance and advice from other parents who have been through this process before. Maybe you are one of them, maybe not. Either way, I would appreciate it if you could share your insights and experiences with me, instead of calling me names or making assumptions about me.

I also understand that you have a daughter who plays soccer too, and I commend you for supporting her and being proud of her. I know that every child is different, and every child has their own strengths and weaknesses. Some children may be more talented or skilled than others, but that does not mean that they are better or worse as people or players. What matters most is that they love the game and work hard to improve themselves. I hope that you continue to support her and stop project your insecurities about her abilities on others who have children who are elite level athletes and players.

That is why I don’t look down on anyone or compare anyone based on their soccer abilities. I respect everyone’s efforts and achievements, no matter how big or small they are. I also cheer for everyone’s success and happiness, no matter which team they play for or which club they belong to. I believe that we are all part of the same soccer community, and we should all support each other instead of tearing each other down.

That is why I hope that you and your daughter have a great soccer season, and that you find the best team and club for her. I hope that she enjoys playing soccer and grows as a person and a player. I hope that she makes friends and memories that will last a lifetime. I hope that she achieves her dreams and goals, whatever they may be. And I hope that you are there to celebrate with her and be proud of her, every step of the way.

Thank you again for your feedback, Luis. I hope we can have a more constructive and friendly conversation in the future. I hope we can learn from each other and help each other. I hope we can be friends, not enemies. Have a nice day.

I understand that you may have some doubts or suspicions about me, but I assure you that I am not a troll or a liar. I am a real person with a real daughter who loves soccer more than anything else. I am proud of her talent and passion, but I also worry about her happiness and well-being. I want her to enjoy the game and reach her full potential, but I also want her to have fun and make friends. I want her to play on a team that suits her needs and aspirations, but I also want her to be treated fairly and respectfully.

I know that finding such a team is not easy, especially in Southern California where there is so much competition and politics. That is why I am here, looking for some guidance and advice from other parents who have been through this process before. Maybe you are one of them, maybe not. Either way, I would appreciate it if you could share your insights and experiences with me, instead of calling me names or making assumptions about me.

I also understand that you have a daughter who plays soccer too, and I commend you for supporting her and being proud of her. I know that every child is different, and every child has their own strengths and weaknesses. Some children may be more talented or skilled than others, but that does not mean that they are better or worse as people or players. What matters most is that they love the game and work hard to improve themselves. I hope that you continue to support her and stop project your insecurities about her abilities on others who have children who are elite level athletes and players.

That is why I don’t look down on anyone or compare anyone based on their soccer abilities. I respect everyone’s efforts and achievements, no matter how big or small they are. I also cheer for everyone’s success and happiness, no matter which team they play for or which club they belong to. I believe that we are all part of the same soccer community, and we should all support each other instead of tearing each other down.

That is why I hope that you and your daughter have a great soccer season, and that you find the best team and club for her. I hope that she enjoys playing soccer and grows as a person and a player. I hope that she makes friends and memories that will last a lifetime. I hope that she achieves her dreams and goals, whatever they may be. And I hope that you are there to celebrate with her and be proud of her, every step of the way.

Thank you again for your feedback, Luis. I hope we can have a more constructive and friendly conversation in the future. I hope we can learn from each other and help each other. I hope we can be friends, not enemies. Have a nice day.

Fair enough...

I am sorry if I came across as arrogant, but I am only trying to defend my daughter and myself from the constant attacks and insults from some of the users on this forum. I do not understand why there is such hostility and judgment towards me and my daughter. I am not here to brag or boast, I am here to share our story and seek advice and support from other soccer parents who have similar experiences and challenges.

You have said more than once that if she is as good as I claim, her former coach and club would have made all the arrangements already for us in SoCal. That is not true. Her former coach and club did not care about her or her future. They only cared about their own reputation and profit. They did not help us with anything when we moved from New Jersey to Southern California. They did not recommend us any teams or clubs in our new area. They did not contact any coaches or scouts for us. They did not even say goodbye or wish us luck.

You say that driving to San Diego Surf 3-4 times a week from Culver City is pure insanity for an 8th grader, regardless of my financial status. That is your opinion, but I disagree. I think it is worth it for my daughter to play for one of the best teams in the country, with some of the best coaches and players in the league. I think it is worth it for my daughter to have a chance to showcase her talent and potential in front of hundreds of scouts who attend the ECNL events3. I think it is worth it for my daughter to pursue her dream of playing soccer at the highest level possible.

Following in Moultrie's footsteps? That is your suggestion, but I do not think it is the best option for my daughter right now. My daughter is trying to live as normal of a childhood as possible, while also balancing her soccer commitments and academic goals. She is not ready to give up her education or her social life for a professional career that may or may not work out. She will eventually follow in the footsteps of those girls, when she feels ready and confident to do so. But for now, she wants to play in the ECNL, which is a great platform for her development and exposure. She wants to play in college, which is a great opportunity for her education and experience. She wants to play for the USWNT, which is a great honor for her country and passion.
OM drove to the Blues and she lived North of LA for a few years and so did AT. 4-hour days in car with daddy. However, if one is retired, has the time and kid is home schooled, then going from Culver City to Oceanside is not that bad. Parents do it every weekend. One hour and a half each way, without traffic. Plus, you can just air b n b for a couple days in Oside. Great times learning the craft your dd wants to get better at. Mom gets a break from dad as well. The best time is when their young Lewis, so I say go for it. Make that drive. You must be willing to sacrifice for your child's soccer, if she wants it all. She is Unicorn type player you have and those are very rare. Top 11 ECNL, top student, top person, top scorer and tops at taking the tests and tops at everything. This is all before she reaches college by the way. Then she's off to College for 4 years, USWNT and Pro. I also agree that many of the top players get their degree first (if they don't get hurt) and then turn pro after 22. Home school makes this an easy trip to play with the best and have access to the best there is in socal youth soccer.

@Lewis Andres I've decided to give you the benefit of any doubt I might have. I will say my PMs are lighting up again. For the record, I am not Lewis, I promise. I know for sure that Luis is not playing Lewis. This dad is asking for help. I feel his pain caused by so many on here. My dd also moved in 8th grade and it was hard on her. I asked for help from the New Doc of her old club for help and guidance and he just lied on the phone instead and then tried to use scare tactics on me and my dd. "Scouts and coaches don't like club hoppers" and shit like that. I begged him for help and if he would please put in a good word for the top clubs in OC and he said, "No." No one would help us. I was kicked out of the top league and now I had to pick up the phone and try and find ECNL club with any openings for my dd. All this because the GDA Docs said the league forbid the children from playing high school soccer and if you were to try and leave the new league, you would never receive help from the scouts or the coaches for that matter. Barred for life. I came on here just like Lewis, asking for help from my fellow parents but all I got were laughs, make funs, tell me I can't write, told to be ignored by the Elite parents on here whose kids suck at soccer (jk, all the girls are good soccer players), I'm on meds and so much worse later, even threaten by a few dads on here. Lewis is crying out for help for Gods sakes everyone. Let's show empathy and not accuse him of being a troll Luis. Remember when you first came here and the abuse you took? It reminds me of my early days back at the forum in 2018. I was told by two big clubs that I was not allowed to post on here or my daughter would be asked to kindly leave the family. My dd was something else when she a young and played for championships every year and won every year.

Last edited:
I am very disappointed and disgusted by the way some of the users on this forum have treated me. I came here to share my story and seek advice and support from other soccer parents who have similar experiences and challenges. Instead, I have been met with hostility and ridicule from people who have nothing better to do than troll and mock others.

I have been called a liar, a fraud, and a troll by Luis Andres, slobodan, NorCalSoccerdad and rainbow_unicorn. They have questioned my daughter’s talent and achievements, and they have demanded that I show them proof of her skills and potential. They have been rude and snide, probably because their daughters are nowhere near the level of mine.

They have shown no respect or empathy for my situation and feelings. They have shown no interest or appreciation for my daughter’s journey and goals. They have shown no understanding or knowledge of the youth soccer world and its challenges and opportunities.

They have made me feel unwelcome and unwanted on this forum. They have made me regret ever joining this community. They have made me want to leave this forum for good.

I do not deserve this kind of treatment, and neither does my daughter. She is an elite player who has been playing soccer since she was four years old. She has a passion for the game and a talent that is rare to find. She has been on several teams and ECNL clubs, always being one of the best players on the field. She has won many trophies and awards, and has even been scouted by some college coaches.

She has also faced many hardships and challenges along the way, mostly because of unfair playing conditions and lack of opportunities. She has been on teams where her teammates were not up to par, where they did not care about the game or practice hard enough. She has been on teams where the coaches were biased or incompetent, where they did not give her enough playing time or recognition. She has been on teams where the parents were toxic or jealous, where they criticized her or tried to sabotage her.

These experiences have taken a toll on her confidence and happiness. She has felt frustrated and discouraged, wondering if she will ever find a team that suits her needs and goals. She has felt lonely and isolated, feeling like she does not belong or fit in. She has felt angry and resentful, feeling like she deserves better and more.

That is why I am here today, looking for the best situation possible for my daughter. I want to find a team that will appreciate her skills and potential, that will challenge her and help her grow, that will support her and celebrate her achievements. I want to find a team that will treat her fairly and respectfully, that will give her equal opportunities and chances, that will value her as a person and a player.

Is that too much to ask? Is that something that you can relate to? Is that something that you can help me with?

If so, please let me know. Please share your experiences and insights with me, and offer me some guidance and advice. Please welcome me into this forum and be my friends.

If not, please leave me alone. Please stop harassing me and insulting me. Please stop wasting my time and energy.

I am giving you one last chance to change your behavior and attitude towards me. If you do not, I will leave this forum for good. And I will not miss any of you.
Yes, please leave the forum. We would all appreciate it very much.

Yes, please leave the forum. We would all appreciate it very much.
After reading what crush has said about the way that he was unfairly treated during his initial registration on this forum I have realized that users of this forum only want the status quo. Well you sir have been hit with the ignore button.

After reading what crush has said about the way that he was unfairly treated during his initial registration on this forum I have realized that users of this forum only want the status quo. Well you sir have been hit with the ignore button.
Your first mistake is believing anything crush posts.

Your first mistake is believing anything crush posts.
Lewis never said to believe everything crush posts. I do right in satire and make a funny out of very situations with our daughters in youth soccer. I told you 5 years ago that one father can make a difference for change. You said that youth soccer was corrupt, and no one can fix it. I disagree. Today, we have Luis, Lewis and Crush all wanting things better for their daughters. Now that is change you can count on.

Lewis never said to believe everything crush posts. I do right in satire and make a funny out of very situations with our daughters in youth soccer. I told you 5 years ago that one father can make a difference for change. You said that youth soccer was corrupt, and no one can fix it. I disagree. Today, we have Luis, Lewis and Crush all wanting things better for their daughters. Now that is change you can count on.
Don't put words in my mouth.

Don't put words in my mouth.
I'm so sorry Mr. Espola. Espola has been here longer than anyone @Lewis Andres @Luis Andres and I just made-up some words and put them in his mouth and he doesn't like that. He think I lie all the time but it's really me being honest. He's not used to people telling the truth about how youth soccer is actually played, with the parents' money. If you don't have money, your kid better score goals or be able to stop them or your screwed. He's the Grand Fact Checker. If you toe out of line, Grandpa will warn you and if you don't obey, he will ignore you and will even ask Dom to ban you. He also assigns other fact checkers. He and his Elitest pals will also school you on how you write and spell.

Some clubs are prohibited from recruiting right now, so you are going to have to initiate contact.

What is more important to you: player development or status?

Guys, why do you waste time messing with a troll...haha...chat GPT has got you.
@Lewis Andres you must be a very lonely person to sit on a soccer chat board and try and troll...haha. Pretty bad dude!!!! Maybe get a job

View attachment 18717
My internal AI detector was going off about halfway through the first post, lol. That post was like a cut-and-paste of SoCal Soccer's greatest hits. Soccer forum posters also aren't known for their perfect sentence structure and punctuation, either.

I got a question to AI. How does one honestly get their dd to be Elite player in America? What does it take?

I got a question to AI. How does one honestly get their dd to be Elite player in America? What does it take?
Becoming an elite soccer player in America involves a combination of talent, hard work, dedication, and the right opportunities. Here are some steps to help your child pursue a career in elite soccer:

1. Early involvement: Start your child in organized soccer programs at a young age to develop their skills and passion for the sport.

2. Quality coaching: Find reputable and experienced coaches who can provide proper training and guidance. Consider joining a competitive youth soccer club.

3. Technical skills: Focus on developing your child's technical skills, including ball control, passing, dribbling, shooting, and defensive abilities.

4. Physical fitness: Emphasize the importance of physical conditioning, including strength, speed, agility, and endurance. A well-rounded athlete is more likely to succeed.

5. Game understanding: Teach your child the tactical aspects of soccer, such as positioning, teamwork, and game strategies.

6. Competitive play: Encourage your child to participate in competitive leagues and tournaments, which provide exposure to higher levels of competition.

7. Showcase events: Attend soccer showcases, camps, and scouting events where your child can be seen by college recruiters and professional scouts.

8. Education and balance: Emphasize the importance of education while pursuing soccer. Many elite players have a strong academic background. A well-rounded life is crucial.

9. Networking and exposure: Build connections within the soccer community, and seek opportunities for your child to be scouted by college programs, professional teams, or national teams.

10. Persistence and resilience: Prepare your child for setbacks and challenges. The journey to becoming an elite player can be long and challenging.

11. Stay informed: Keep up with the latest developments in American soccer, including changes in youth development programs, and be aware of available pathways to the professional level.

12. Support and resources: Ensure your child has access to the necessary resources, such as quality equipment, training facilities, and travel opportunities for competitions.

Becoming an elite soccer player often takes years of dedicated effort and a bit of luck. It's essential to keep your child's well-being and happiness in mind throughout the process. Additionally, not all aspiring players reach the elite level, so being prepared for alternative career paths is important.

Back