Seeking the best team for my elite daughter (former ECNL player in New Jersey) who has faced many obstacles

Hello, everyone. My name is Lewis Andres and I am a soccer parent who has a daughter navigating the youth soccer world. We recently moved from New Jersey to Southern California. I want to share my story with you and hopefully get some advice and support from this forum.

My daughter is an elite player who has been playing soccer since she was four years old. She has a passion for the game and a talent that is rare to find. She has been on several teams and ECNL clubs, always being one of the best players on the field. She has won many trophies and awards, and has even been scouted by some college coaches.

However, her soccer journey has not been easy. She has faced many hardships and challenges along the way, mostly because of unfair playing conditions and lack of opportunities. She has been on teams where her teammates were not up to par, where they did not care about the game or practice hard enough. She has been on teams where the coaches were biased or incompetent, where they did not give her enough playing time or recognition. She has been on teams where the parents were toxic or jealous, where they criticized her or tried to sabotage her.

These experiences have taken a toll on her confidence and happiness. She has felt frustrated and discouraged, wondering if she will ever find a team that suits her needs and goals. She has felt lonely and isolated, feeling like she does not belong or fit in. She has felt angry and resentful, feeling like she deserves better and more.

That is why I am here today, looking for the best situation possible for my daughter. I want to find a team that will appreciate her skills and potential, that will challenge her and help her grow, that will support her and celebrate her achievements. I want to find a team that will treat her fairly and respectfully, that will give her equal opportunities and chances, that will value her as a person and a player.

I know this is not an easy task, especially in the youth soccer world where there is so much competition and politics. But I am willing to do whatever it takes to make my daughter happy and successful. I am willing to travel far and wide, to pay high fees and expenses, to sacrifice my time and energy.

I hope you can understand my situation and empathize with my feelings. I hope you can share your experiences and insights with me, and offer me some guidance and advice. I hope you can welcome me into this forum and be my friends.

Thank you for reading this introduction. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely,
Lewis Andres

I remember the day when my DD first kicked a soccer ball. It was a sunny Saturday morning, and I had taken her to the local park where there was a recreational soccer program for kids. I had always loved soccer, and I wanted to share my passion with my daughter. I thought it would be a fun and healthy activity for her, and maybe she would make some friends too.

We arrived at the park, and I saw a bunch of kids running around in colorful jerseys, chasing a ball. There were some coaches and volunteers who were organizing the teams and games. I signed up my DD for the program, and they gave her a red jersey with the number 10 on it. She looked so cute and excited in her new outfit.

I helped her put on her shin guards and cleats, and then we walked over to the field where her team was waiting. They were playing against a team in blue jerseys. The coach introduced my DD to her teammates, who were all around her age. They seemed friendly and welcoming, and they gave her high fives and smiles.

The game started, and I watched from the sidelines as my DD joined the action. She was a bit shy and nervous at first, but she soon got into the rhythm of the game. She followed the ball wherever it went, and she tried to kick it whenever she could. She was not very good at it, but she was having fun. She laughed and cheered with her teammates, and she listened to the coach’s instructions.

I was so proud of her. She was enjoying herself, and she was learning something new. She was showing interest and enthusiasm for soccer, just like me. I hoped that this would be the start of a long and happy relationship with the sport.

The game ended, and my DD ran over to me with a big smile on her face. She hugged me and said, “Daddy, I love soccer! Can we play again next week?” I hugged her back and said, “Of course we can, sweetie. You did great today. I’m so happy you like soccer.” We went to get some ice cream to celebrate her first game.

That was how it all began. That was how my DD became a soccer player.

Little did I know that this was also the beginning of a long and hard journey for her. A journey that would test her skills and potential, her passion and perseverance, her confidence and happiness. A journey that would take her to places and situations that I never imagined or expected.

But that’s another story for another time…

Yours truly,
Lewis Andres

Hello, everyone. My name is Lewis Andres and I am a soccer parent who has a daughter navigating the youth soccer world. We recently moved from New Jersey to Southern California. I want to share my story with you and hopefully get some advice and support from this forum.

My daughter is an elite player who has been playing soccer since she was four years old. She has a passion for the game and a talent that is rare to find. She has been on several teams and ECNL clubs, always being one of the best players on the field. She has won many trophies and awards, and has even been scouted by some college coaches.

However, her soccer journey has not been easy. She has faced many hardships and challenges along the way, mostly because of unfair playing conditions and lack of opportunities. She has been on teams where her teammates were not up to par, where they did not care about the game or practice hard enough. She has been on teams where the coaches were biased or incompetent, where they did not give her enough playing time or recognition. She has been on teams where the parents were toxic or jealous, where they criticized her or tried to sabotage her.

These experiences have taken a toll on her confidence and happiness. She has felt frustrated and discouraged, wondering if she will ever find a team that suits her needs and goals. She has felt lonely and isolated, feeling like she does not belong or fit in. She has felt angry and resentful, feeling like she deserves better and more.

That is why I am here today, looking for the best situation possible for my daughter. I want to find a team that will appreciate her skills and potential, that will challenge her and help her grow, that will support her and celebrate her achievements. I want to find a team that will treat her fairly and respectfully, that will give her equal opportunities and chances, that will value her as a person and a player.

I know this is not an easy task, especially in the youth soccer world where there is so much competition and politics. But I am willing to do whatever it takes to make my daughter happy and successful. I am willing to travel far and wide, to pay high fees and expenses, to sacrifice my time and energy.

I hope you can understand my situation and empathize with my feelings. I hope you can share your experiences and insights with me, and offer me some guidance and advice. I hope you can welcome me into this forum and be my friends.

Thank you for reading this introduction. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely,
Lewis Andres
Thanks for sharing your dd story Lewis. I hope she finds a healthy soccer family. Many parents on here can help you find that special soccer family. It will cost you dearly, but if you're willing to do whatever it takes, travel far and wide and pay whatever is asked, then you will find that happy home in a lonely world.

Thanks for sharing your dd story Lewis. I hope she finds a healthy soccer family. Many parents on here can help you find that special soccer family. It will cost you dearly, but if you're willing to do whatever it takes, travel far and wide and pay whatever is asked, then you will find that happy home in a lonely world.
Hi crush, thank you for your kind words and support. I appreciate your offer to help me find a special soccer family for my daughter. I know that you are a knowledgeable and experienced soccer parent who has been through a lot.

I agree that finding a happy home in a lonely world is not easy, but it is worth it. My daughter deserves to play soccer in a place where she can grow, learn, and thrive. She deserves to be surrounded by people who care about her and respect her. She deserves to have fun and enjoy the game she loves.

I am willing to do whatever it takes to make that happen for her. I am willing to travel far and wide and pay whatever is asked, as long as it is fair and reasonable. I am willing to sacrifice my time, money, and energy for her happiness and success. I am willing to face any challenges or obstacles that may come our way.

But I am not willing to compromise on her health, safety, or well-being. I am not willing to let anyone take advantage of her or mistreat her. I am not willing to let anyone ruin her passion or confidence. I am not willing to let anyone break her spirit or dreams.

That is why I need your help and advice. You have seen and heard a lot of things in the soccer world. You have a lot of connections and insights. You have a lot of wisdom and experience. You can help me find the best club and team for my daughter. You can help me avoid the pitfalls and traps that many soccer parents fall into. You can help me make the best decisions for my daughter.

Please share with me your thoughts and opinions on the different clubs and teams in Southern California. Please tell me which ones are good and which ones are bad. Please tell me which ones have the best coaches, players, facilities, and opportunities. Please tell me which ones have the worst coaches, players, facilities, and opportunities. Please tell me which ones are worth joining and which ones are worth avoiding.

Truly,
Lewis

I remember the day when my DD first kicked a soccer ball. It was a sunny Saturday morning, and I had taken her to the local park where there was a recreational soccer program for kids. I had always loved soccer, and I wanted to share my passion with my daughter. I thought it would be a fun and healthy activity for her, and maybe she would make some friends too.

We arrived at the park, and I saw a bunch of kids running around in colorful jerseys, chasing a ball. There were some coaches and volunteers who were organizing the teams and games. I signed up my DD for the program, and they gave her a red jersey with the number 10 on it. She looked so cute and excited in her new outfit.

I helped her put on her shin guards and cleats, and then we walked over to the field where her team was waiting. They were playing against a team in blue jerseys. The coach introduced my DD to her teammates, who were all around her age. They seemed friendly and welcoming, and they gave her high fives and smiles.

The game started, and I watched from the sidelines as my DD joined the action. She was a bit shy and nervous at first, but she soon got into the rhythm of the game. She followed the ball wherever it went, and she tried to kick it whenever she could. She was not very good at it, but she was having fun. She laughed and cheered with her teammates, and she listened to the coach’s instructions.

I was so proud of her. She was enjoying herself, and she was learning something new. She was showing interest and enthusiasm for soccer, just like me. I hoped that this would be the start of a long and happy relationship with the sport.

The game ended, and my DD ran over to me with a big smile on her face. She hugged me and said, “Daddy, I love soccer! Can we play again next week?” I hugged her back and said, “Of course we can, sweetie. You did great today. I’m so happy you like soccer.” We went to get some ice cream to celebrate her first game.

That was how it all began. That was how my DD became a soccer player.

Little did I know that this was also the beginning of a long and hard journey for her. A journey that would test her skills and potential, her passion and perseverance, her confidence and happiness. A journey that would take her to places and situations that I never imagined or expected.

But that’s another story for another time…

Yours truly,
Lewis Andres
I remember my dd first interest in AYSO. 5 years old and she wanted the after-game snacks. I told her the more goals you score, the more snacks, medals and other rewards you get after the game and dad's rewards are the best. I wanted goals for my investment of my time and money Lewis, so I paid for goals and boy did it pay. I did this early on, "For every goal against the Shinning Stars, I will buy you a doughnut. She scored 5 goals so I bought her 5 glaze bro.
Hi crush, thank you for your kind words and support. I appreciate your offer to help me find a special soccer family for my daughter. I know that you are a knowledgeable and experienced soccer parent who has been through a lot.

I agree that finding a happy home in a lonely world is not easy, but it is worth it. My daughter deserves to play soccer in a place where she can grow, learn, and thrive. She deserves to be surrounded by people who care about her and respect her. She deserves to have fun and enjoy the game she loves.

I am willing to do whatever it takes to make that happen for her. I am willing to travel far and wide and pay whatever is asked, as long as it is fair and reasonable. I am willing to sacrifice my time, money, and energy for her happiness and success. I am willing to face any challenges or obstacles that may come our way.

But I am not willing to compromise on her health, safety, or well-being. I am not willing to let anyone take advantage of her or mistreat her. I am not willing to let anyone ruin her passion or confidence. I am not willing to let anyone break her spirit or dreams.

That is why I need your help and advice. You have seen and heard a lot of things in the soccer world. You have a lot of connections and insights. You have a lot of wisdom and experience. You can help me find the best club and team for my daughter. You can help me avoid the pitfalls and traps that many soccer parents fall into. You can help me make the best decisions for my daughter.

Please share with me your thoughts and opinions on the different clubs and teams in Southern California. Please tell me which ones are good and which ones are bad. Please tell me which ones have the best coaches, players, facilities, and opportunities. Please tell me which ones have the worst coaches, players, facilities, and opportunities. Please tell me which ones are worth joining and which ones are worth avoiding.

Truly,
Lewis
I have no connections, just burned bridges Lewis. I am not the one to help you. I think Jimmy and others can be of great help. I have no idea who is who anymore. I do know Surf is #1 with all the hardware and the most college deals. Blues was #1 but the old GDA League almost caused them to go out of business. I still feel we need to blow up this old system and make a SoCal Champions League. Stay and play in Socal so you don't have to travel far and wide. We got to make the girls game amazing, fun and healthy for all the girls. My wife has a niece that is 5 that looks like she will be a top player and their asking me for my words of advice that comes with experience. The mental wellbeing is #1 for me. Your dd mental and physical wellbeing is of utmost importance. #2, are they safe and happy. #3, are they having fun. #4, are they striving for excellence and trying to win, but not win at all costs. These are my four pillars of healthy futbol lewis. I hope that helps :)

@crush Something tells me we have a new troll in town... Anyone thats latino can see right through this...
I think your right. I always try and give the benefit of the doubt. I was waiting for you to clear this up. I got tricked again.....Thanks for the heads up with this troll....

I remember my dd first interest in AYSO. 5 years old and she wanted the after-game snacks. I told her the more goals you score, the more snacks, medals and other rewards you get after the game and dad's rewards are the best. I wanted goals for my investment of my time and money Lewis, so I paid for goals and boy did it pay. I did this early on, "For every goal against the Shinning Stars, I will buy you a doughnut. She scored 5 goals so I bought her 5 glaze bro.

I have no connections, just burned bridges Lewis. I am not the one to help you. I think Jimmy and others can be of great help. I have no idea who is who anymore. I do know Surf is #1 with all the hardware and the most college deals. Blues was #1 but the old GDA League almost caused them to go out of business. I still feel we need to blow up this old system and make a SoCal Champions League. Stay and play in Socal so you don't have to travel far and wide. We got to make the girls game amazing, fun and healthy for all the girls. My wife has a niece that is 5 that looks like she will be a top player and their asking me for my words of advice that comes with experience. The mental wellbeing is #1 for me. Your dd mental and physical wellbeing is of utmost importance. #2, are they safe and happy. #3, are they having fun. #4, are they striving for excellence and trying to win, but not win at all costs. These are my four pillars of healthy futbol lewis. I hope that helps :)
That’s a cute and funny story about your dd and the doughnuts. I can imagine how proud you must have been of her scoring 5 goals against the Shinning Stars. I wonder if she still likes doughnuts or if she has moved on to other rewards. Maybe you should try a different incentive for her next game, like a pizza or a movie ticket. Or maybe you should just let her play for the love of the game and not bribe her with food or prizes. Just kidding, I’m sure you’re a great dad and you know what’s best for your dd. :)

I appreciate your words of advice and your four pillars of healthy futbol. I agree that the mental and physical wellbeing of the girls is the most important thing. I also like your idea of a SoCal Champions League, that sounds like a lot of fun and a great way to showcase the talent in this region.

However, I was hoping you could give me some more specific information about the teams and clubs in SoCal. You mentioned Surf and Blues, but I don’t know much about them or how they compare to other options. I want to find the best fit for my dd, where she can enjoy the game, develop her skills, and have a chance to play at the college level.

That’s why I did some research on my own and found some information about soccer teams for girls in SoCal. Here are some of the options I’m considering:
  • Slammers: This is a club soccer organization that was recently ranked #1 in Southern California and in America for girls soccer. They have teams for different age groups and skill levels, and they offer a professional coaching staff, a competitive environment, and a strong college placement program.
  • San Diego Surf: This is another club soccer organization that is based out of San Diego and is known for its excellence in girls soccer. They have won multiple national championships and have produced many college and national team players. They also have a partnership with Manchester City FC, one of the top clubs in England.
  • LAFC So Cal: This is a club soccer organization that is affiliated with LAFC, one of the most successful teams in Major League Soccer. They have a comprehensive player development program that covers all aspects of the game, from technical skills to tactical awareness to physical conditioning. They also have access to world-class facilities and coaches.
These are just some of the options I found, but there are many more. Do you have any experience or opinion on these or other clubs? I would love to hear your thoughts and feedback. Thank you for your time and help. :)

There is no mystery in SoCal, other than the best teams available. Introduce yourself (and your daughter) to some local clubs, and if she is as good as you say she will find the right team. It doesn't matter if she started prior to birth and played ECNL elsewhere. All that matters will be how she measures up to existing players on some of the top teams in the country. Top SoCal clubs include Surf, Blues, Slammers Koge, Eagles, Legends, Beach, and a few others based on location and specific year. She (and you) should have appropriate expectations.

Cor blimey, @Lewis Andres Your tale of your young'un kickin' the ball around sure takes me back! When my niece first took to the pitch, it wasn’t for the love of the game... but for the love of jelly babies! Told her, "Score a goal, get a jelly baby." Ended up owing her an entire packet by halftime! :D

Now as for your query about clubs in SoCal, mate, you're barkin' up the wrong tree with me. My idea of a 'club' is more along the lines of a biscuit to dunk in my morning tea! But I hear Surf's where it's at these days – won so many trophies they're probably using 'em as doorstops. As for Blues, heard they were top dog until they nearly went belly up.

The football world’s a mad one, and I reckon we need a proper revamp. Why not keep it local, eh? A good ol' SoCal league. And above all, make sure the kiddos are having a blast! If my two pennies' worth counts for anything, focus on keeping 'em happy and healthy above all else. After all, you can't put a price on a smile, especially when they've just nicked the last jelly baby from the packet!

Keep your chin up, Lewis! And remember, football's just like a British summer – unpredictable, sometimes rainy, but always worth the wait. Cheers! ⚽

Sincerely,
Lewis Andres
oh, please

Probably best for you to do the research on your own by going to those aforementioned clubs' games and practices. This way, you can see for yourself through your own eyes. The SoCal soccer landscape is huge, so you must take everything into consideration. Good Luck..

There is no mystery in SoCal, other than the best teams available. Introduce yourself (and your daughter) to some local clubs, and if she is as good as you say she will find the right team. It doesn't matter if she started prior to birth and played ECNL elsewhere. All that matters will be how she measures up to existing players on some of the top teams in the country. Top SoCal clubs include Surf, Blues, Slammers Koge, Eagles, Legends, Beach, and a few others based on location and specific year. She (and you) should have appropriate expectations.
I am curious to know more about the SoCal soccer scene and the clubs you mentioned. How do you know which club is the best fit for my daughter? What are the criteria and the process for joining a club? How competitive and demanding are the clubs in terms of time, money, and commitment? How supportive and friendly are the coaches, players, and parents in each club?

I also want to know more about your perspective and experience. Are you a soccer parent or a soccer player yourself? Have you been involved with any of the clubs you listed? What are the benefits and challenges of being part of a SoCal soccer club?

I hope you don’t mind me asking these questions. I am just trying to learn as much as I can and make an informed decision for my daughter. I want her to have the best opportunity possible to pursue her passion and achieve her dreams.

Cor blimey, @Lewis Andres Your tale of your young'un kickin' the ball around sure takes me back! When my niece first took to the pitch, it wasn’t for the love of the game... but for the love of jelly babies! Told her, "Score a goal, get a jelly baby." Ended up owing her an entire packet by halftime! :D

Now as for your query about clubs in SoCal, mate, you're barkin' up the wrong tree with me. My idea of a 'club' is more along the lines of a biscuit to dunk in my morning tea! But I hear Surf's where it's at these days – won so many trophies they're probably using 'em as doorstops. As for Blues, heard they were top dog until they nearly went belly up.

The football world’s a mad one, and I reckon we need a proper revamp. Why not keep it local, eh? A good ol' SoCal league. And above all, make sure the kiddos are having a blast! If my two pennies' worth counts for anything, focus on keeping 'em happy and healthy above all else. After all, you can't put a price on a smile, especially when they've just nicked the last jelly baby from the packet!

Keep your chin up, Lewis! And remember, football's just like a British summer – unpredictable, sometimes rainy, but always worth the wait. Cheers! ⚽
I appreciate your humor and your perspective. It sounds like you have a lot of fun with your niece and her love for jelly babies. I agree that happiness and health are the most important things for our kids.

I’m curious about the clubs you mentioned, Surf and Blues. Are they the best ones in Southern California? Do you know anything about their coaches, players, or fees? How competitive are they? Do they have a good reputation and a positive environment?

I’m also interested in your idea of a local SoCal league. How would that work? Who would organize it and run it? What would be the benefits and challenges of such a league?

oh, please
Excuse me, but I don’t appreciate your sarcastic comment. I am telling the truth about my daughter and her soccer journey. She is an amazing player who has worked hard and overcome many obstacles. She deserves respect and recognition, not ridicule and disbelief. If you have nothing constructive or supportive to say, please keep your opinions to yourself.

Probably best for you to do the research on your own by going to those aforementioned clubs' games and practices. This way, you can see for yourself through your own eyes. The SoCal soccer landscape is huge, so you must take everything into consideration. Good Luck..
Thank you for your response and your advice. I appreciate your honesty and your good wishes. I agree that doing the research on my own is the best way to find out more about the clubs and their quality. That is what I am trying to do, but I need some guidance and direction on where to start. That is why I joined this forum, to get some insights and opinions from other soccer parents and enthusiasts.

I hope you understand that I am not trying to brag or boast about my daughter. I am just proud of her and her passion for soccer. She is a gifted player who has a lot of potential and talent. She can play any position on the field, but she prefers to be a striker or a midfielder. She has great ball control, speed, agility, and vision. She can score goals from any angle and distance, and she can also create chances for her teammates. She is a leader and a team player, always encouraging and motivating others.

She loves soccer more than anything, and she wants to pursue it as a career. She dreams of playing in college and beyond, maybe even in the national team someday. She works hard every day to improve her skills and fitness, and she never gives up or quits. She is an amazing person and a joy to watch. I just want to find a club that will recognize her abilities and support her ambitions. A club that will challenge her and help her grow as a player and a person. A club that will treat her fairly and respectfully, and give her the opportunities she deserves.

Thank you for your response and your advice. I appreciate your honesty and your good wishes. I agree that doing the research on my own is the best way to find out more about the clubs and their quality. That is what I am trying to do, but I need some guidance and direction on where to start. That is why I joined this forum, to get some insights and opinions from other soccer parents and enthusiasts.

I hope you understand that I am not trying to brag or boast about my daughter. I am just proud of her and her passion for soccer. She is a gifted player who has a lot of potential and talent. She can play any position on the field, but she prefers to be a striker or a midfielder. She has great ball control, speed, agility, and vision. She can score goals from any angle and distance, and she can also create chances for her teammates. She is a leader and a team player, always encouraging and motivating others.

She loves soccer more than anything, and she wants to pursue it as a career. She dreams of playing in college and beyond, maybe even in the national team someday. She works hard every day to improve her skills and fitness, and she never gives up or quits. She is an amazing person and a joy to watch. I just want to find a club that will recognize her abilities and support her ambitions. A club that will challenge her and help her grow as a player and a person. A club that will treat her fairly and respectfully, and give her the opportunities she deserves.

@crush what do you think ? Do we have a real person or another troll ? I’m tempted to help him. @Lewis Andres if you are the famous plastic surgeon then I’m sorry for calling you a troll and would be more than glad to offer you advice on navigating the SoCal landscape. Send me a dm and we can talk. First I need to evaluate your DD and then I can help you find the best fit. I know this age group very well and I know who the elite players are in this age group. Really not many just a few that I can count in 1 hand.

@crush what do you think ? Do we have a real person or another troll ? I’m tempted to help him. @Lewis Andres if you are the famous plastic surgeon then I’m sorry for calling you a troll and would be more than glad to offer you advice on navigating the SoCal landscape. Send me a dm and we can talk. First I need to evaluate your DD and then I can help you find the best fit. I know this age group very well and I know who the elite players are in this age group. Really not many just a few that I can count in 1 hand.
Help Lewis and if he's a troll, then shame on him. He seems genuine. Plus, lurkers super appreciate the advice from us.

Back