Seeking the best team for my elite daughter (former ECNL player in New Jersey) who has faced many obstacles

First of all, where do you live and how far are you willing to travel? SoCal ECNL extends from Camarillo to San Diego. The distance between those clubs is a 4-5 hour trip with minimal traffic. Or are you going to say travel isn't a problem because you have a helicopter?

Thank you for your response and your advice. I appreciate your honesty and your good wishes. I agree that doing the research on my own is the best way to find out more about the clubs and their quality. That is what I am trying to do, but I need some guidance and direction on where to start. That is why I joined this forum, to get some insights and opinions from other soccer parents and enthusiasts.

I hope you understand that I am not trying to brag or boast about my daughter. I am just proud of her and her passion for soccer. She is a gifted player who has a lot of potential and talent. She can play any position on the field, but she prefers to be a striker or a midfielder. She has great ball control, speed, agility, and vision. She can score goals from any angle and distance, and she can also create chances for her teammates. She is a leader and a team player, always encouraging and motivating others.

She loves soccer more than anything, and she wants to pursue it as a career. She dreams of playing in college and beyond, maybe even in the national team someday. She works hard every day to improve her skills and fitness, and she never gives up or quits. She is an amazing person and a joy to watch. I just want to find a club that will recognize her abilities and support her ambitions. A club that will challenge her and help her grow as a player and a person. A club that will treat her fairly and respectfully, and give her the opportunities she deserves.
From your description of her abilities, she should've already been placed on a new club through her old club. The soccer world is fairly small and with your description of her, she should've already been connected to a SoCal club.

First of all, where do you live and how far are you willing to travel? SoCal ECNL extends from Camarillo to San Diego. The distance between those clubs is a 4-5 hour trip with minimal traffic. Or are you going to say travel isn't a problem because you have a helicopter?
We have moved to Culver City. My dd is home schooled and I am retired so travel is not an issue.

@crush Something tells me we have a new troll in town... Anyone thats latino can see right through this... Andres is not a last name and I've never in my life have heard of a Lewis Andres...
Hello, I am Lewis Andres, and I am a real person. I am not a troll, and I have nothing to hide. I am here to look for the best soccer experience for my daughter, who loves the sport and wants to improve her skills.

My surname Andres is a variant of Andreas, which is derived from the Greek name Andrew, meaning “manly”. It is a common personal name and surname in many European countries, including Germany, where my ancestors came from. You can easily verify this information by doing a simple web search.

I am proud of my heritage and my name, and I don’t appreciate being questioned or insulted by strangers on the internet. I hope you can respect that and refrain from making baseless accusations or assumptions about me or anyone else. Thank you.

I love how people think that Lewis Andres is a real person. What is wrong with this age group?!? LOL
Hello, “rainbow_unicorn”. I am sorry that you feel the need to mock me and my daughter. I am not sure what you are trying to accomplish by doing so. Maybe you are insecure about your own daughters’ soccer skills, or maybe you are just bored and looking for attention. Either way, I hope you find some happiness and peace in your life.

Maybe "Lewis" just identifies as Latino.
I see that you are trying to provoke me with your snarky jabs and ignorant comments. I wonder why you are so obsessed with me and my name. Maybe you are insecure about your own identity or financial situation since you are so concerned with the cost of gas. Maybe you are jealous of my daughter and her soccer skills. Maybe you are just bored and looking for attention. Either way, I feel sorry for you.

She is an 8th grader who hasn't even reached high school yet. Why would I have made her a highlight reel?

Cause if you are a real soccer dad who has an elite goat then you are obsessed just like the rest of us and you would be capturing those priceless moments. How can you not have anything on your kid. Any Dad with a goat has the clips to prove it. So put some up or be called a troll.

Cause if you are a real soccer dad who has an elite goat then you are obsessed just like the rest of us and you would be capturing those priceless moments. How can you not have anything on your kid. Any Dad with a goat has the clips to prove it. So put some up or be called a troll.
Thank you for your interest in my daughter’s soccer journey. I appreciate your curiosity and enthusiasm, but I do not appreciate your tone and attitude. You seem to imply that I am not a real soccer dad or that I am lying about my daughter’s talent and achievements. That is very rude and disrespectful, and I will not tolerate such behavior.

I have plenty of video footage of my daughter playing soccer, but I do not see the need to make a highlight reel or share it with strangers on the internet. My daughter is not a product or a commodity that needs to be advertised or marketed. She is a young person who loves the game and plays it for fun and passion, not for fame or glory.

She has played in the ECNL league at showcases in front of hundreds of scouts, and she has received positive feedback and recognition from many of them. She does not need to prove anything to people who are trying to insult and belittle her.

I am very passionate about my daughter’s soccer and I put her in positions to be seen and succeed. But I also respect her privacy and dignity, and I do not expose her to unnecessary pressure or criticism. She is still in 8th grade, and she has a lot of time to achieve her goals in the beautiful game.

I hope you can understand my perspective and respect my decision. I am here to seek advice and support from other soccer parents who have similar experiences and challenges, not to engage in arguments or competitions with people who have nothing better to do than troll and mock others.

If you have something constructive or helpful to say, I would love to hear from you. If not, please refrain from commenting on my posts. Thank you for your cooperation

I am very disappointed and disgusted by the way some of the users on this forum have treated me. I came here to share my story and seek advice and support from other soccer parents who have similar experiences and challenges. Instead, I have been met with hostility and ridicule from people who have nothing better to do than troll and mock others.

I have been called a liar, a fraud, and a troll by Luis Andres, slobodan, NorCalSoccerdad and rainbow_unicorn. They have questioned my daughter’s talent and achievements, and they have demanded that I show them proof of her skills and potential. They have been rude and snide, probably because their daughters are nowhere near the level of mine.

They have shown no respect or empathy for my situation and feelings. They have shown no interest or appreciation for my daughter’s journey and goals. They have shown no understanding or knowledge of the youth soccer world and its challenges and opportunities.

They have made me feel unwelcome and unwanted on this forum. They have made me regret ever joining this community. They have made me want to leave this forum for good.

I do not deserve this kind of treatment, and neither does my daughter. She is an elite player who has been playing soccer since she was four years old. She has a passion for the game and a talent that is rare to find. She has been on several teams and ECNL clubs, always being one of the best players on the field. She has won many trophies and awards, and has even been scouted by some college coaches.

She has also faced many hardships and challenges along the way, mostly because of unfair playing conditions and lack of opportunities. She has been on teams where her teammates were not up to par, where they did not care about the game or practice hard enough. She has been on teams where the coaches were biased or incompetent, where they did not give her enough playing time or recognition. She has been on teams where the parents were toxic or jealous, where they criticized her or tried to sabotage her.

These experiences have taken a toll on her confidence and happiness. She has felt frustrated and discouraged, wondering if she will ever find a team that suits her needs and goals. She has felt lonely and isolated, feeling like she does not belong or fit in. She has felt angry and resentful, feeling like she deserves better and more.

That is why I am here today, looking for the best situation possible for my daughter. I want to find a team that will appreciate her skills and potential, that will challenge her and help her grow, that will support her and celebrate her achievements. I want to find a team that will treat her fairly and respectfully, that will give her equal opportunities and chances, that will value her as a person and a player.

Is that too much to ask? Is that something that you can relate to? Is that something that you can help me with?

If so, please let me know. Please share your experiences and insights with me, and offer me some guidance and advice. Please welcome me into this forum and be my friends.

If not, please leave me alone. Please stop harassing me and insulting me. Please stop wasting my time and energy.

I am giving you one last chance to change your behavior and attitude towards me. If you do not, I will leave this forum for good. And I will not miss any of you.

Thank you for your interest in my daughter’s soccer journey. I appreciate your curiosity and enthusiasm, but I do not appreciate your tone and attitude. You seem to imply that I am not a real soccer dad or that I am lying about my daughter’s talent and achievements. That is very rude and disrespectful, and I will not tolerate such behavior.

I have plenty of video footage of my daughter playing soccer, but I do not see the need to make a highlight reel or share it with strangers on the internet. My daughter is not a product or a commodity that needs to be advertised or marketed. She is a young person who loves the game and plays it for fun and passion, not for fame or glory.

She has played in the ECNL league at showcases in front of hundreds of scouts, and she has received positive feedback and recognition from many of them. She does not need to prove anything to people who are trying to insult and belittle her.

I am very passionate about my daughter’s soccer and I put her in positions to be seen and succeed. But I also respect her privacy and dignity, and I do not expose her to unnecessary pressure or criticism. She is still in 8th grade, and she has a lot of time to achieve her goals in the beautiful game.

I hope you can understand my perspective and respect my decision. I am here to seek advice and support from other soccer parents who have similar experiences and challenges, not to engage in arguments or competitions with people who have nothing better to do than troll and mock others.

If you have something constructive or helpful to say, I would love to hear from you. If not, please refrain from commenting on my posts. Thank you for your cooperation
Lewis is not a white. Louis is White. I just wanted to correct the record.

Maybe you are insecure about your own identity or financial situation since you are so concerned with the cost of gas. Maybe you are jealous of my daughter and her soccer skills. Maybe you are just bored and looking for attention. Either way, I feel sorry for you.
Now you are just coming across as too arrogant. If she's as good as you claim, her former coach and club would've made all the arrangements already for you already in SoCal. Driving to San Diego Surf 3-4 times a week from Culver City is just pure insanity for an 8th grader, regardless of your financial status. You should just follow in the footsteps of Olivia Moultrie and the Thompson sisters then since she's that good. Don't waste your time with ECNL.

Now you are just coming across as too arrogant. If she's as good as you claim, her former coach and club would've made all the arrangements already for you already in SoCal. Driving to San Diego Surf 3-4 times a week from Culver City is just pure insanity for an 8th grader, regardless of your financial status. You should just follow in the footsteps of Olivia Moultrie and the Thompson sisters then since she's that good. Don't waste your time with ECNL.
I am sorry if I came across as arrogant, but I am only trying to defend my daughter and myself from the constant attacks and insults from some of the users on this forum. I do not understand why there is such hostility and judgment towards me and my daughter. I am not here to brag or boast, I am here to share our story and seek advice and support from other soccer parents who have similar experiences and challenges.

You have said more than once that if she is as good as I claim, her former coach and club would have made all the arrangements already for us in SoCal. That is not true. Her former coach and club did not care about her or her future. They only cared about their own reputation and profit. They did not help us with anything when we moved from New Jersey to Southern California. They did not recommend us any teams or clubs in our new area. They did not contact any coaches or scouts for us. They did not even say goodbye or wish us luck.

You say that driving to San Diego Surf 3-4 times a week from Culver City is pure insanity for an 8th grader, regardless of my financial status. That is your opinion, but I disagree. I think it is worth it for my daughter to play for one of the best teams in the country, with some of the best coaches and players in the league. I think it is worth it for my daughter to have a chance to showcase her talent and potential in front of hundreds of scouts who attend the ECNL events3. I think it is worth it for my daughter to pursue her dream of playing soccer at the highest level possible.

Following in Moultrie's footsteps? That is your suggestion, but I do not think it is the best option for my daughter right now. My daughter is trying to live as normal of a childhood as possible, while also balancing her soccer commitments and academic goals. She is not ready to give up her education or her social life for a professional career that may or may not work out. She will eventually follow in the footsteps of those girls, when she feels ready and confident to do so. But for now, she wants to play in the ECNL, which is a great platform for her development and exposure. She wants to play in college, which is a great opportunity for her education and experience. She wants to play for the USWNT, which is a great honor for her country and passion.

Back