Seeking the best team for my elite daughter (former ECNL player in New Jersey) who has faced many obstacles

Becoming an elite soccer player in America involves a combination of talent, hard work, dedication, and the right opportunities. Here are some steps to help your child pursue a career in elite soccer:

1. Early involvement: Start your child in organized soccer programs at a young age to develop their skills and passion for the sport.

2. Quality coaching: Find reputable and experienced coaches who can provide proper training and guidance. Consider joining a competitive youth soccer club.

3. Technical skills: Focus on developing your child's technical skills, including ball control, passing, dribbling, shooting, and defensive abilities.

4. Physical fitness: Emphasize the importance of physical conditioning, including strength, speed, agility, and endurance. A well-rounded athlete is more likely to succeed.

5. Game understanding: Teach your child the tactical aspects of soccer, such as positioning, teamwork, and game strategies.

6. Competitive play: Encourage your child to participate in competitive leagues and tournaments, which provide exposure to higher levels of competition.

7. Showcase events: Attend soccer showcases, camps, and scouting events where your child can be seen by college recruiters and professional scouts.

8. Education and balance: Emphasize the importance of education while pursuing soccer. Many elite players have a strong academic background. A well-rounded life is crucial.

9. Networking and exposure: Build connections within the soccer community, and seek opportunities for your child to be scouted by college programs, professional teams, or national teams.

10. Persistence and resilience: Prepare your child for setbacks and challenges. The journey to becoming an elite player can be long and challenging.

11. Stay informed: Keep up with the latest developments in American soccer, including changes in youth development programs, and be aware of available pathways to the professional level.

12. Support and resources: Ensure your child has access to the necessary resources, such as quality equipment, training facilities, and travel opportunities for competitions.

Becoming an elite soccer player often takes years of dedicated effort and a bit of luck. It's essential to keep your child's well-being and happiness in mind throughout the process. Additionally, not all aspiring players reach the elite level, so being prepared for alternative career paths is important.
Thanks Carlsbad. What does it take to become Elite soccer player in Brazil? Any AI out there?

Becoming an elite soccer player in America involves a combination of talent, hard work, dedication, and the right opportunities. Here are some steps to help your child pursue a career in elite soccer:

1. Early involvement: Start your child in organized soccer programs at a young age to develop their skills and passion for the sport.

2. Quality coaching: Find reputable and experienced coaches who can provide proper training and guidance. Consider joining a competitive youth soccer club.

3. Technical skills: Focus on developing your child's technical skills, including ball control, passing, dribbling, shooting, and defensive abilities.

4. Physical fitness: Emphasize the importance of physical conditioning, including strength, speed, agility, and endurance. A well-rounded athlete is more likely to succeed.

5. Game understanding: Teach your child the tactical aspects of soccer, such as positioning, teamwork, and game strategies.

6. Competitive play: Encourage your child to participate in competitive leagues and tournaments, which provide exposure to higher levels of competition.

7. Showcase events: Attend soccer showcases, camps, and scouting events where your child can be seen by college recruiters and professional scouts.

8. Education and balance: Emphasize the importance of education while pursuing soccer. Many elite players have a strong academic background. A well-rounded life is crucial.

9. Networking and exposure: Build connections within the soccer community, and seek opportunities for your child to be scouted by college programs, professional teams, or national teams.

10. Persistence and resilience: Prepare your child for setbacks and challenges. The journey to becoming an elite player can be long and challenging.

11. Stay informed: Keep up with the latest developments in American soccer, including changes in youth development programs, and be aware of available pathways to the professional level.

12. Support and resources: Ensure your child has access to the necessary resources, such as quality equipment, training facilities, and travel opportunities for competitions.

Becoming an elite soccer player often takes years of dedicated effort and a bit of luck. It's essential to keep your child's well-being and happiness in mind throughout the process. Additionally, not all aspiring players reach the elite level, so being prepared for alternative career paths is important.
I would also add that it cost about $15K a year and some serious ass kissing from dad and some "extra $$$" in the back office where no one can see transactions. Oh ya, make sure elite dd keeps her mouth shut, especially when Doc lies 24/7 and the coach screams and yells at player because he cares.

26C81752-1345-4BCF-8907-CA5DDB8A4A00.jpeg

Thanks Carlsbad. What does it take to become Elite soccer player in Brazil? Any AI out there?
Becoming an elite soccer player in Brazil, or anywhere for that matter, requires a combination of talent, dedication, hard work, and the right opportunities. Here are some key steps to consider:

1. Start at a young age: Many Brazilian soccer stars began playing at a very young age, so it's essential to start early to develop your skills.

2. Join a local club or academy: Joining a reputable youth soccer club or academy will provide you with proper coaching, facilities, and competition.

3. Develop technical skills: Focus on improving your dribbling, passing, shooting, and ball control. Hours of practice are crucial.

4. Physical fitness: Work on your strength, speed, and endurance. Soccer players need to be in excellent physical shape.

5. Play regularly: Get as much playing experience as possible, whether it's in school, local leagues, or friendly matches.

6. Learn from the greats: Study the games of legendary Brazilian soccer players to understand their techniques and strategies.

7. Seek coaching: Quality coaching can help you refine your skills, tactics, and game understanding.

8. Stay committed: Becoming an elite player requires sacrifice and discipline. Stay committed to your training and diet.

9. Attend trials: Look for opportunities to attend trials with professional clubs. Many elite players are scouted through these trials.

10. Be mentally strong: Soccer is as much a mental game as a physical one. Develop mental resilience and a winning mindset.

11. Education: Don't neglect your education. Many professional players have completed their schooling to have a backup plan.

12. Perseverance: The journey to becoming elite can be challenging. Stay persistent and never give up on your dream.

Remember that the competition is fierce, and becoming an elite soccer player requires both talent and luck in addition to hard work.

Becoming an elite soccer player in Brazil, or anywhere for that matter, requires a combination of talent, dedication, hard work, and the right opportunities. Here are some key steps to consider:

1. Start at a young age: Many Brazilian soccer stars began playing at a very young age, so it's essential to start early to develop your skills.

2. Join a local club or academy: Joining a reputable youth soccer club or academy will provide you with proper coaching, facilities, and competition.

3. Develop technical skills: Focus on improving your dribbling, passing, shooting, and ball control. Hours of practice are crucial.

4. Physical fitness: Work on your strength, speed, and endurance. Soccer players need to be in excellent physical shape.

5. Play regularly: Get as much playing experience as possible, whether it's in school, local leagues, or friendly matches.

6. Learn from the greats: Study the games of legendary Brazilian soccer players to understand their techniques and strategies.

7. Seek coaching: Quality coaching can help you refine your skills, tactics, and game understanding.

8. Stay committed: Becoming an elite player requires sacrifice and discipline. Stay committed to your training and diet.

9. Attend trials: Look for opportunities to attend trials with professional clubs. Many elite players are scouted through these trials.

10. Be mentally strong: Soccer is as much a mental game as a physical one. Develop mental resilience and a winning mindset.

11. Education: Don't neglect your education. Many professional players have completed their schooling to have a backup plan.

12. Perseverance: The journey to becoming elite can be challenging. Stay persistent and never give up on your dream.

Remember that the competition is fierce, and becoming an elite soccer player requires both talent and luck in addition to hard work.
Don't forget soccer is gratis in other parts of the world. Here is a picture-perfect illustration of how amazing and free soccer is in Brazil for top elite players.

C221B078-9E3B-4E1D-97C7-80008641E296.jpeg

Last edited:
How the Elite player plays in Europe. You can see the scout taking notes, just like the great Tad Bobak. Tad was the only one in Socal that took notes and mores notes and tracked the top talent in socal, which is usually the top talent in the country. He has it all. Why take notes? Because you couldn't pay Tad for extra favors, access and connections. If a Doc takes $$$ to develop, no need to take notes. He just takes the money. Tad wouldn't even take a baked pumpkin pie made from the Misses. Class act he is. Never lied to me, just told the truth and some tough love. Never yelled at my child. This coach is an expert at how to follow and track and scout a player.

2A5BA742-63B7-4DBB-AA35-CACC2586A49D.jpeg

How the Elite player plays in Europe. You can see the scout taking notes, just like the great Tad Bobak. Tad was the only one in Socal that took notes and mores notes and tracked the top talent in socal, which is usually the top talent in the country. He has it all. Why take notes? Because you couldn't pay Tad for extra favors, access and connections. If a Doc takes $$$ to develop, no need to take notes. He just takes the money. Tad wouldn't even take a baked pumpkin pie made from the Misses. Class act he is. Never lied to me, just told the truth and some tough love. Never yelled at my child. This coach is an expert at how to follow and track and scout a player.

View attachment 18766
this picture is really tripping me out. look at the kid on the right and the man behind him. AI picture correct?

View attachment 18766

Is that Tad or AR taking notes? hmm

I never saw other coaches taking notes in my 11-year experience with Youth Soccer in SoCal except Tad. I remember when my baby goat was 10 years and balling in the Gt8t IE. My wife and I always planned to find a way back to Laguna beach if possible (little back drop AI writing bruh) and have my sweet dd ply for her old man's high school. I didn't share that news with anyone but my wife. Anyway, one day the great Tad came to one of my dd tournament games against Beach FC. I didn't pay any attention until the next day when coach told me about how the Blues recruit and how Tad & Rob poach other club's players. Coach said my kid was too small and too young to play Tads style of kickball and we should wait to drive from Temecula to the Ranch when my dd is in high school. I didn't tell her our plans and dreams to leave the IE for Laguna. He kept coming and my dd kept scoring and was playing lights out back in the day. It was so fun and yes Luis, my ego & dad pride was through the roof. I would pace up and down the field hoping my little one would get a big goal. The rest is history and my dd had a blast being coached by Tad and his four areas of a complete soccer player. I love Tad. BTW, Abner took mental notes so that could be the younger version of the guy on the right. I hope that helps.

Tad's reputation was kickball and destroy your opponent. Fast defenders on the wing and then kick it over the top for a chase and run down. He made cuts every year and many parents hated that their dd was cut for anything. Abner played possession (so he says but when push comes to shove, kickball shall be played) You do whatever it takes to win. When my dd was playing for Surf, we tricked the San Jose earthquakes and upset them. They were #1 on paper and with coach and talent. It;s the truth. However, just like UCI and their tough nose play, we upset the Quakes and today have bragging rights of being truly #1 04 team in the country in 2017.

Tad's reputation was kickball and destroy your opponent. Fast defenders on the wing and then kick it over the top for a chase and run down. He made cuts every year and many parents hated that their dd was cut for anything. Abner played possession (so he says but when push comes to shove, kickball shall be played) You do whatever it takes to win. When my dd was playing for Surf, we tricked the San Jose earthquakes and upset them. They were #1 on paper and with coach and talent. It;s the truth. However, just like UCI and their tough nose play, we upset the Quakes and today have bragging rights of being truly #1 04 team in the country in 2017.
Where is your daughter playing now?

First of all, where do you live and how far are you willing to travel? SoCal ECNL extends from Camarillo to San Diego. The distance between those clubs is a 4-5 hour trip with minimal traffic. Or are you going to say travel isn't a problem because you have a helicopter?
Whatever you do stay the farthest away from sharks
And if any of you are at sharks get out as fast as you can it is quickly becoming the cemetery for soccer players
It’s where they all come to die and end a soccer career!!!

Back