San Diego Section DI Power rankings

It's time to be doing this again --

Boys DI Power Rankings, with about a week to go before the playoff brackets are set --

1706998607821.png
1706998657082.png
1706998692915.png

It's time to be doing this again --

Boys DI Power Rankings, with about a week to go before the playoff brackets are set --

View attachment 19559
View attachment 19560
View attachment 19561
What happens if games get rained out or cancelled due to lightening? Will they push schedules past next week?
I was surprised to see Cathedral so low in the list. Checking their details, they have a 0 for a game against Temecula Valley.

Also surprised to see Del Norte and Westview where they are. They were tops last year, weren’t they?

What happens if games get rained out or cancelled due to lightening? Will they push schedules past next week?

I was surprised to see Cathedral so low in the list. Checking their details, they have a 0 for a game against Temecula Valley.

Also surprised to see Del Norte and Westview where they are. They were tops last year, weren’t they?
Cathedral lost 2-1 to Temecula Valley.

Seems like they should be getting at least 42 points from the loss instead of 0. Maybe someone has to manually update it? It will change the standings.

Looks like some sort of correction is needed; 0 is unlikely the right answer. Here's what it shows now:

cathedral 1.png

and here are the point choices for that field:

cathedral 2.png

If it's not a school that is in the league that is already clearly in one division, they apparently make a call about which division fits closest.

Cathedral has had some tough results this regular season after a promising preseason tournament stretch. Patrick Henry rallied back from a 2 goal deficit against them twice in two games, resulting in a loss and a draw. A draw against PL and loss to OLP pretty much tanked their ranking (I think they were #2 behind Henry early on). Consistency appears to be an issue I guess.

Looks like some sort of correction is needed; 0 is unlikely the right answer. Here's what it shows now:

View attachment 19578

and here are the point choices for that field:

View attachment 19579

If it's not a school that is in the league that is already clearly in one division, they apparently make a call about which division fits closest.
The "user entered" value for that game is now 44, which puts Cathedral up to 3rd place.

Brackets are up -- Boys

Last edited:
Girls --

Girls --

Nice to see you following the local high school game... especially since you haven't been a soccer parent since they played with a wooden ball.

Back