San Diego Section DI Power rankings

When I click on the View Schedules links, they only show past games with results. The View Schedules pages don’t show future scheduled games for me. (I had to look in MaxPreps to find those.)
That's where I got them also. My method was to look for unbalanced league schedules, so I almost missed the Cathedral at Canyon Crest game (not a league game, but a natural rivalry because the 2 schools are within a stone's throw of each other).

That's where I got them also. My method was to look for unbalanced league schedules, so I almost missed the Cathedral at Canyon Crest game (not a league game, but a natural rivalry because the 2 schools are within a stone's throw of each other).
I was told that a team has to have 15 games to qualify, so Cathedral had to pick up another game before the season ended.

Can anyone post the link to the CIF SD Section Brackets?

In the Southern Section, Oaks upset Milliken, Mira Costa over Temecula Valley and Redondo Union over Huntington Beach last night.
Have CIF SS playoffs already started? If so, why wouldn’t their schedule and the CIF SD schedule be in synch?

In my opinion, the most obnoxious point of the Power Rankings system is the practice of removing the rankings from the Section website on the day that the selection committee meets to lay out the playoff pairings and schedule. It's almost like they have something to hide.
The power rankings search is down now. (Can’t select sport to do the search.)

On the girls’ side, I think Del Norte made it into the top 8 after espola’s last screen captures. I think all the last game calculations on the boys’ side were included in espola’s last screen captures.

The last boys screen capture was missing SDA 2-1 over RB and Torrey losing to Carlsbad 3-2. Not sure if that is enough to bump RB above Torrey.

The last boys screen capture was missing SDA 2-1 over RB and Torrey losing to Carlsbad 3-2. Not sure if that is enough to bump RB above Torrey.
BA016AA2-08C8-490D-87C6-D1A269742022.jpeg
I took this after checking to see that all the remaining matches’ results had been added (by drilling down into the “View Schedules” links).

The brackets for open and division 1 do match the rankings with the exceptions where teams ranked next to each other were checked. If the lower ranked team won the head to head during the season, the seeding was switched. That knocked TP out of open division in favor of RB. It also switched a few other pairings. (Southwest/Sweetwater, Point Loma/Coronado, and Carlsbad/Westview)

I have way too much time on my hands.

I took this after checking to see that all the remaining matches’ results had been added (by drilling down into the “View Schedules” links).

Screen capture was taken at 9:44 PM.
I also noticed the site was down at 11 PM.

Message from the Poway coach is that the top 4 teams in the Open playoffs are all nominated for the State Regional playoffs. That seems like a good idea, but I didn't realize it was so cut-and-dried.

Back