San Diego Section DI Power rankings

Message from the Poway coach is that the top 4 teams in the Open playoffs are all nominated for the State Regional playoffs. That seems like a good idea, but I didn't realize it was so cut-and-dried.
Championship Bulletins
2023 Soccer Championship Bulletin

18. QUALIFYING FOR SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA REGIONALS

San Diego Section teams may qualify to enter the 2023 Southern California Soccer Regionals for both boys and girls. Please check the CIF State website for more details.

San Diego Section Teams Advancing to State Regionals:
  • Top 4 Teams from Open Division
  • Division I - V: Champions

(I couldn’t find the additional information on the CIF State website for the “more details.” If anyone has a link, will you please post it?)

Championship Bulletins
2023 Soccer Championship Bulletin

18. QUALIFYING FOR SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA REGIONALS

San Diego Section teams may qualify to enter the 2023 Southern California Soccer Regionals for both boys and girls. Please check the CIF State website for more details.

San Diego Section Teams Advancing to State Regionals:
  • Top 4 Teams from Open Division
  • Division I - V: Champions

(I couldn’t find the additional information on the CIF State website for the “more details.” If anyone has a link, will you please post it?)
The only thing I got from the State handbook was that San Diego Section merited 9 candidates of each gender, which will be distributed into 5 playoff divisions.

California Interscholastic Federation (cifstate.org)

Where are game results/scores posted? Looks like Max Preps isn’t getting a feed of the game matchups. And the Google Sheets file doesn’t show scores (at least for most of the play-in games).

Thanks. I kept refreshing, but the scores didn’t show up on that file until later. I was just being impatient, I guess. Hahaha.

Interesting results on the girls’ side. Wonder how the boys’ games are playing out tonight. Couple results are up, but waiting for the rest.

Thanks. I kept refreshing, but the scores didn’t show up on that file until later. I was just being impatient, I guess. Hahaha.

Interesting results on the girls’ side. Wonder how the boys’ games are playing out tonight. Couple results are up, but waiting for the rest.
Poway 2-1 over Eastlake

Semis are
Saints v San Pasqual
SDA vs Poway

The biggest upsets I could find in the games reported so far --

Boys: D II #12 Oceanside 2-1 #5 Scripps Ranch
D V #12 HTH Mesa 2-1 #5 Vincent Memorial

Girls D II # 12 Mt. Carmel 2-1 # 5 Classical Academy

Last edited:
The biggest upsets I could find in the games reported so far --

Boys: D II #12 Oceanside 2-1 #5 Scripps Ranch
D V #12 HTH Mesa 2-1 #5 Vincent Memorial

Girls D II # 12 Mt. Carmel 2-1 # 5 Classical Academy
Like March Madness. There’s always a 12 that beats a 5.

Girls #6 LCC over #3 TP was a surprise. There were some high hopes for TP this year with one of their seniors that was highlighted in a couple local news articles.

Survivors against the odds into the semifinals --

Boys D III #7 Monte Vista 1-0 #2 Kearney

Girls D I #7 West Hills 2-0 #2 Coronado
Girls D III #8 San Diego 2-0 #1 Pacific Ridge

Last edited:
Some good games on tap for tonight. There are a few SD teams still alive in tonight's state/regional semifinals.

D1: #2 Westview vs #3 Los Alamitos
D2: #2 San Marcos vs #3 Harvard-Westlake
D2: #1 Hart vs #4 West Hills
D5: #1 Ramona vs #4 Clairemont

And on the boys' side --

D1: #4 San Dieguito Academy at #1 J Serra Catholic and #3 Birmingham at #2 St Augustine
D2: #4 Santa Maria at #1 San Pasqual
D3: #4 Point Loma at #1 Quartz Hill
D4: #3 La Costa Canyon a #2 Little Rock

Last edited:
Back