San Diego - forfeiting HS games due to club participation?

Congrats on the success last year. Maxpreps doesn’t list your freshmen on the roster, though. How come?

Looking at schedules, rankings, and results in MaxPreps leads me to a bunch of questions…. How does a school listed as Div 2 in SS end up being a top seed in CIF SoCal in the same bracket as DNHS and TPHS, who were CIF SD Open and Div I post season teams? Is SS Div 2 stronger than SD Div 1 and open?

I guess the main question is - how do the different sections of CIF (SD, SS, any others?) relate to each other once their own post season tournaments are done?

Congrats on the success last year. Maxpreps doesn’t list your freshmen on the roster, though. How come?

Looking at schedules, rankings, and results in MaxPreps leads me to a bunch of questions…. How does a school listed as Div 2 in SS end up being a top seed in CIF SoCal in the same bracket as DNHS and TPHS, who were CIF SD Open and Div I post season teams? Is SS Div 2 stronger than SD Div 1 and open?

I guess the main question is - how do the different sections of CIF (SD, SS, any others?) relate to each other once their own post season tournaments are done?
Coach doesn’t even fill out a roster….CIF questions…no idea.

Last Season (2021-2022) my daughters team had 9 Freshman on Varsity. Starting lineup was 6 Freshman, 2 Sophomore’s, 1 Junior and 2 Senior’s…they had a pretty decent season last year and probably an outlier with so many Freshman…coach keeps the roster at 20 players. This year (2022-2023) 4 Freshman on Varsity. Starters this year - 1 Freshman, 6 Sophomore’s, 2 Junior’s, and 2 Senior’s Start.

There are a lot of Freshman that start, and play in our section and league. Coaches just trying to field their best teams. They want to win too. I don’t think many care about class year except for Sr. Night.

Back