OC practice paused

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok you just confirmed you are on that team, eventually you guys will get caught. Also, you are right...an email has always stopped people from breaking the rules.
Jackass my kid is not on that team. And, I have not heard a single team in the club training. If you want to spread rumors be man enough to name the team. Otherwise, you are just a coward trying to smear a club with no facts. Your envy of the Blues is hilarious.

many are not following the rules from teams practicing on the DL to strength and agility training to coaches charging their own players for “private sessions”. The last one is the one that gets me. Sounds very unethical to me. Sad part is parents go along with it for fear that their kids will fall behind.
Are the players required to go the private sessions? Which club is this coach from or is this common practice amongst many clubs/coaches?

Are the players required to go the private sessions? Which club is this coach from or is this common practice amongst many clubs/coaches?
I hear its cut throat now days. I'm hearing from the rumor mill that some teams are looking outside of OC to practice. Serious commitment and I might say some dads are Jonesing.

Coach: Where were you
Player: Shelter in place
Coach: Off the team. Go get your things and never come back

A coach charging his own team members for privates is a disgrace..... in a pandemic no less so kids feeling pressure to do them parents pressure to pay....... name and shame.... even worse if coaching is not the only source of income for whichever scumbag this is..... too many coaches just want money and don’t care about the kids well being at all....

Youth sports were never allowed by state under day camp guidelines.

Here is the letter from the OC.

There wont be youth sports until the California Department of public health releases direct guidelines for youth sports. Even then some sports such as football are considered high risk and still wont be allowed.

New York has only recently started allowed low risk sports to start training. Soccer is probably considered moderately high risk compared to sports like tennis or golf.

Nobody will "police" this crazy over the top freak control of government policies. Just name them here if you got the guts....

Nobody will "police" this crazy over the top freak control of government policies. Just name them here if you got the guts....

no secret said it before Esteban lasc/strikers coach. Use to have venmo set up for payment but called him out in other post and stopped venmo.

That what I seen lately masses of teams or a small groups of 6/8 players.
Parents taking charge of their kids life with little to zero risk with Covid and since nobody in government has the will to police kids actions. And if a problem does arise, just video tape the bureaucrat hack and forward to Fox for a profit.

Any OC teams trying to practice in San Diego? (Hint- yes.)
I'm in SD and I'm glad my son is practicing, but soccer is just not THAT important to him, or I, that we'd travel to another county for practice. Maybe if I thought the season was going to start anytime soon, I'd think differently. Our first game is scheduled for Sep 12 but that's just a pipe dream in my mind.

Are these San Diego practices going to be with less covid regulations than what they had at Great Park? It's a long drive to just stand in your own 6x6 square and juggle.
Technically they're still supposed to be full social distanced etc, but what is being done can differ dramatically. I know Clubs that have strict rules about players staying in their individual zones and teams that are having internal scrimmages. I'm not aware of any Clubs or teams that are practicing on the DL in non-club gear, but I wouldn't be surprised if its happening.

Ask yourself this- Why are coaches sneaking around having practices? Or having a parent run a practice with kids in RVCA t-shirts?
Is it for the kids?
Is it to prepare for the season?
Is it to justify the club dues that are being paid?

Ask yourself this- Why are coaches sneaking around having practices? Or having a parent run a practice with kids in RVCA t-shirts?
Is it for the kids?

Our DDs need to see their friends and exercise...... if that can be done safely, and it can with social distancing, then it should be done.... shame on coaches running contact sessions or charging their team on the side......

Is it for the kids?
Careful, certain parents will call you a jackass and tell you their club sent an email and that none of their coaches break the rules.
Sorry that was a dig at GT45 who is on one of the teams that is still scrimmaging and training.

but to address your question, I understand not wanting to fork over money for less than what was promised, many of us are in the same situation. But we are in a tough spot and so are clubs. We could look out for ourselves and not pay the clubs but then they would most likely go under and where would the kids play post covid? Or do you think the clubs could survive? I am really not sure the answer to all these which is why your questions are extremely valid but I don't see a perfect answer. We don't like getting less for our money but our kids need the clubs and their coaches. What do you think?

Are these San Diego practices going to be with less covid regulations than what they had at Great Park? It's a long drive to just stand in your own 6x6 square and juggle.
I'm in SD and I'm glad my son is practicing, but soccer is just not THAT important to him, or I, that we'd travel to another county for practice.
I am out of state so have not been following the latest. I thought SD, OC and LA are on the same naughty list and practices could not continue under the day camp loophole. What am I missing? I thought the OC with their Board, they would be ahead of the liberal leaning SD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back