OC practice paused

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plenty of teams out there (not just soccer) holding “unofficial” practices this coming week.
Anyone know the penalty for violating the order?

Plenty of teams out there (not just soccer) holding “unofficial” practices this coming week.
Sure. Someone gets sick. Ends up in the hospital or worse and whatever coach, parents, or club organized the practice gets blamed and loses everything. The liability is much worse than any health department penalty.

You would have to be pretty dumb to organized practices in this mess. Official or not.

What is to be gained specially since there probably wont be any games in the fall.

Sure. Someone gets sick. Ends up in the hospital or worse and whatever coach, parents, or club organized the practice gets blamed and loses everything. The liability is much worse than any health department penalty.

You would have to be pretty dumb to organized practices in this mess. Official or not.

What is to be gained specially since there probably wont be any games in the fall.
I think the “gain” is that clubs can justify the cost for “club soccer”.
It will be very interesting to watch this unfold.

Youth sports were never allowed by state under day camp guidelines.

Here is the letter from the OC.

There wont be youth sports until the California Department of public health releases direct guidelines for youth sports. Even then some sports such as football are considered high risk and still wont be allowed.

New York has only recently started allowed low risk sports to start training. Soccer is probably considered moderately high risk compared to sports like tennis or golf.

Some states are full on playing with tournaments and all. There is a huge spectrum of what the different states are doing.

How will they penalize clubs that are caught to many to even keep count. Can south doesn’t even know what’s going on. cites are allowing to have “camps” and not abiding by state law. And those that are having camp or unofficial practices are having parents sign waivers to not hold the city or club/team liable. So what’s their to really do

Youth sports were never allowed by state under day camp guidelines.

Here is the letter from the OC.

There wont be youth sports until the California Department of public health releases direct guidelines for youth sports. Even then some sports such as football are considered high risk and still wont be allowed.

New York has only recently started allowed low risk sports to start training. Soccer is probably considered moderately high risk compared to sports like tennis or golf.
I keep seeing letters from OC but what about LA county I haven’t seen anything published. I know all cities are not permitted but nothing on paper maybe that what they need to stop

I am in NorCal. Our county order effective today spells "modified version of contact sports are allowed". The practice with 6' distance seems OK in NorCal.

"Some recreational sports such as tennis, bowling, running, or archery, during which you can maintain six feet of distance. Only modified versions of contact sports are allowed to maintain distance — such as shooting hoops on a basketball court, but not playing competitively."

I keep seeing letters from OC but what about LA county I haven’t seen anything published. I know all cities are not permitted but nothing on paper maybe that what they need to stop

There where very limited outfoor facilities permitting youth sports camps in the County, several had plans to reopen but those where derailed last week when Ventura, San Bernardino, and now OC all got the same clarification for the state dept of health.

Camps go for another couple weeks and school starts up so that gig has just about run it's course so to move forward we all need the youth sports guidance from the state one way or the other if we want anything but drills 6 feet apart.

I am in NorCal. Our county order effective today spells "modified version of contact sports are allowed". The practice with 6' distance seems OK in NorCal.

"Some recreational sports such as tennis, bowling, running, or archery, during which you can maintain six feet of distance. Only modified versions of contact sports are allowed to maintain distance — such as shooting hoops on a basketball court, but not playing competitively."

Can you expand on that or provide some documents or link to what actually this is?

Football and soccer specific. Thanks

Sorry, my previous post was a summerly from news, but look at the original county order, the team practice with distance is still gray in NorCal as well. No order updated for "organized children's athletic activity."

"This Directive does not apply to organized children’s recreational and athletic businesses and activities, including but not limited to children’s camps, classes, programs, practices, and competitions.

Recreational and Athletic Activities

1. Recreational and Athletic Activities that Involve Close Contact are Prohibited
    1. Participating in sports or recreational activities that involve physical contact or close physical proximity (within 6 feet) to people outside your household is not allowed because of the risk that such activities could spread COVID-19. These activities include, but are not limited to, football, rugby, basketball, baseball, soccer, boxing and martial arts, partner and team dance, water polo, hockey, lacrosse, and ultimate frisbee.
    2. However, these sports and activities are allowed to the extent people can engage in a modified versionof the activity while maintaining 6 feet of social distance at all times.
      • Example: A recreational facility opens its outdoor basketball court to its members. Members are not allowed to play a competitive basketball game, but are allowed to shoot baskets and dribble around the court as long as they do not come within 6 feet of one another. The facility must also comply with all other requirements of the Order issued July 2 and this Directive."

LA unified announced they wont open so this fall so that basically means no to field permits at any LA school.
Unless the county relaxes it’s youth sports policy. They would continue to loose a lot of money if they can’t issue permits for field rental.

my heart goes out to all the families with 2 working parents and young kids who will have to figure out a way to educated their kids remotely while balancing their work schedules.

Unless the county relaxes it’s youth sports policy. They would continue to loose a lot of money if they can’t issue permits for field rental.

my heart goes out to all the families with 2 working parents and young kids who will have to figure out a way to educated their kids remotely while balancing their work schedules.

Yeah that's ruff on families.

We asked the LA school district about field rentals possiblites if schools where not open in the fall session. Besides telling us soccer has to come after football there answer was...we have no plans to even take applications for permits if the schools are not open.

Yeah that's ruff on families.

We asked the LA school district about field rentals possiblites if schools where not open in the fall session. Besides telling us soccer has to come after football there answer was...we have no plans to even take applications for permits if the schools are not open.
They will probably furlough a bunch of maintenance workers. There will be no need to maintain grounds if there are no inschool sport activities. There will be massive cost cutting everywhere.

Your jealously is telling. You don't know a few blues teams that are training because the Blues have told their coaches and players it is a no go. If you know teams doing it say so, otherwise stop with the false rumor mongering. Personal training a few players is not Blues training either.
I can promise you it's not a rumor, but seeing how defensive you got about it is kind of telling that you know as well.

I can promise you it's not a rumor, but seeing how defensive you got about it is kind of telling that you know as well.
I am defensive because you are spreading b.s. You love to attack the Blues. I have seen the email from their leadership. NO Training. Period. It is also on their social media. You want to spread this general allegation, yet are too cowardly to put a team behind this. I am amazed at how juvenile adults act on these boards. I thought we were all out of junior high school.

I am defensive because you are spreading b.s. You love to attack the Blues. I have seen the email from their leadership. NO Training. Period. It is also on their social media. You want to spread this general allegation, yet are too cowardly to put a team behind this. I am amazed at how juvenile adults act on these boards. I thought we were all out of junior high school.
Ok you just confirmed you are on that team, eventually you guys will get caught. Also, you are right...an email has always stopped people from breaking the rules.

Ok you just confirmed you are on that team, eventually you guys will get caught. Also, you are right...an email has always stopped people from breaking the rules.
[/QUOTE

many are not following the rules from teams practicing on the DL to strength and agility training to coaches charging their own players for “private sessions”. The last one is the one that gets me. Sounds very unethical to me. Sad part is parents go along with it for fear that their kids will fall behind.

many are not following the rules from teams practicing on the DL to strength and agility training to coaches charging their own players for “private sessions”. The last one is the one that gets me. Sounds very unethical to me. Sad part is parents go along with it for fear that their kids will fall behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back