OC practice paused

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoccerGuru

SILVER ELITE
All of OC has been told that they should not be practicing, I know some still are (cough, cough, blues). I have talked to a few coaches and they have said that this is a short pause just so the state can give clear guidelines for practice and should only last 1-2 weeks. Has anyone heard if that is true? I am thinking it might be since LA teams are still going to practice next week.

California Department of Public Health Office of Public Affairs claims that youth sports were never allowed to reopen under the stay at home order.

“Youth sports and recreational team sports have not been allowed at any point under California’s stay-at-home order, which was issued on March 19 and continues to be in effect,”. “No guidance has been issued for these activities and they are therefore still not allowed.”

guidance on day camps, gyms and childcare centers doesn't include youth team sports and are not permitted to the extent that they require coaches and athletes who are not from the same household or living unit to be in close proximity,”

The California Department of Public Health has indicated that youth sports guidance would be released in the future.

We've still been practicing (Santa Clara County), but wouldn't be surprised if we're shut down, too.

When I observe the practices, though (from my car) - these girls are spaced so far apart, in giant boxes marked by cones. They never come near another player. How can this not be safe, but putting them back in classrooms is?

All of OC has been told that they should not be practicing, I know some still are (cough, cough, blues). I have talked to a few coaches and they have said that this is a short pause just so the state can give clear guidelines for practice and should only last 1-2 weeks. Has anyone heard if that is true? I am thinking it might be since LA teams are still going to practice next week.
The Blues are not practicing. Just stop with the lies. We all received a notice saying that we are on a temporary suspension until the state gives further notice.

The Blues are not practicing. Just stop with the lies. We all received a notice saying that we are on a temporary suspension until the state gives further notice.
Watch out for the Blues Envy Virus 45, it's freaking dangerous and can ruin your life. Well, the old life. The Blues have the #1 girls soccer program in Socal. Its the truth. I wish all the Blues parents and kids great success this season. I know their be ready to play. Same goes with all the other healthy soccer players that are willing to play. Please please please please, do not come out to the fields if you have a health issue. Please do not send your child anyways because you dont want to miss out. Healthy kids can play soccer with zero risk. Healthy parents can watch too, with a mask and 6 ft away from the other healthy parents. Everyone has 6-8 weeks to get healthy. I'm working on my own chubs and I'm super motivated :)

We've still been practicing (Santa Clara County), but wouldn't be surprised if we're shut down, too.

When I observe the practices, though (from my car) - these girls are spaced so far apart, in giant boxes marked by cones. They never come near another player. How can this not be safe, but putting them back in classrooms is?
If all of the clubs practiced this kind of safety it wouldn't be an issue. Unfortunately many aren't. My son's club has been doing full 11v11 scrimmages, goalies and all. And from what I've seen, they aren't the only one.

If all of the clubs practiced this kind of safety it wouldn't be an issue. Unfortunately many aren't. My son's club has been doing full 11v11 scrimmages, goalies and all. And from what I've seen, they aren't the only one.
Go to the beach today and walk around and take some pics and put them on here. Close all the beaches, now!!!

I’ve seen baseball team practicing, tons of people on boats, outdoor restaurant patios full, gyms full, yet 6 feet apart soccer kids can’t practice? It’s a shame that we have different standards for youth sports. Personally it’s more essential for a kid to get out and get exercise than it is for adults to go to the gym or Home Depot. Contractors yes, everyone else no.

I’ve seen baseball team practicing, tons of people on boats, outdoor restaurant patios full, gyms full, yet 6 feet apart soccer kids can’t practice? It’s a shame that we have different standards for youth sports. Personally it’s more essential for a kid to get out and get exercise than it is for adults to go to the gym or Home Depot. Contractors yes, everyone else no.
I was at home depot today and it was packed with people in the garden section and home improvement section. I did see many rules breakers less than 6 ft but everyone had mask on. The beach is insane. Welcome to fantasy Island everyone. Come to the beach. Everything else is closed. Smiles everyone, smiles!!! I think we all need our own private island to escape the evil virus that only comes out at the soccer fields. Never will it come out during protests, riots or the beach. All AC technicians have to work today too. No beach for you and if your dd plays soccer, too bad, you get your ass in our houses and fix our unit. Plumber, same to you too. Essential workers on work detail. Who decides again what is essential? AC dude has three kids and his wife is a nurse. What do parents do like this when school starts? Please, share wise ones....

Don’t worry everyone. It’s just like the flu. Like every year about this time we reach ICU capacity. It’s very normal. No big deal.
Please dont talk like that. This is a killer and it kills unhealthy people. I was not connecting the dotes before and I am now. 50% of America is unhealthy. We need to go inside and re think how we work, who can work, who can teach school, who can play sports and can go out for social life. I'm dead serious. Sorry for painting with a broad brush. It all hit this morning like a brick in the face. I have so many teachers I call friends and they come in all sizes and all have different life challenges as well as health challenges. If everyone could work together and do good for all and not a one size fit all, we could make this work. Election is making things very difficult, unless you think only one side is right.

Watch out for the Blues Envy Virus 45, it's freaking dangerous and can ruin your life. Well, the old life. The Blues have the #1 girls soccer program in Socal. Its the truth. I wish all the Blues parents and kids great success this season. I know their be ready to play. Same goes with all the other healthy soccer players that are willing to play. Please please please please, do not come out to the fields if you have a health issue. Please do not send your child anyways because you dont want to miss out. Healthy kids can play soccer with zero risk. Healthy parents can watch too, with a mask and 6 ft away from the other healthy parents. Everyone has 6-8 weeks to get healthy. I'm working on my own chubs and I'm super motivated :)
I will do that if you just stop speaking on here in general, feel free not to comment on this post.

Sorry, didn't mean ALL of blues, just a few.
Your jealously is telling. You don't know a few blues teams that are training because the Blues have told their coaches and players it is a no go. If you know teams doing it say so, otherwise stop with the false rumor mongering. Personal training a few players is not Blues training either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back